Owg- Olympic weightlifting general

Attached: 10523133_889284627772808_2686859256169456656_n.jpg (640x640, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/Bwwc_stAhBY/?igshid=o6r7gjqmso2x
youtube.com/watch?v=F1smC539je4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I started recording my snatches to see if i was even doing it right. Actually was surprised that is was much better than i thought, just need more practice and to build some upperbody strength up.

How much can I snatch if I can hit 100kg for a double?

200kg

Hows the tech look gents? Got any advice other than just getting stronger?

Attached: babyweight.gif (368x656, 1.55M)

105-110

Why could I barely front squat 90kg today, my shoulders had a hard time supporting the weight. Is it because I did OHP right before? New to this shit btw.

Because of the natty struggle

All fixed up

Attached: 15563289625283613753928463309180.jpg (1944x2592, 998K)

Umbilical hernia repair, sutured the muscle back together. Should be good for a 300 total now

how the fuck can his elbows / shoulders withstand this kind of weight?

The muscle is bearing the brunt of the weight, not the bones and ligaments. That’s why it’s so important to be braced, stabilized, and not hyperextended.

American big boi Wes Kitts went 176/223

that looks fucking dangerous

you get an elbow snappening at championships about every two years or so and some shoulder, hip, and knee injuries, but that's mostly at the international elite level
weightlifting is pretty safe

will the US ever have a big bad SHW again?

Worse thing that’s happened is I got bent by a jerk, and got my body wrecker from a missed clean, just don’t be a pussy. Or you can stick to being a powerlifting faggot who uses a 2inch rom on sumo deadlifts

So in the Jerk I tend to push with my hands from early on when my hands are in a position like in the pic. This causes the wrist to bend and it hurts on the back of my hand/wrist (red color).
Should I just make the bar move without pushing with arms (at least in that early phase?). So all of the momentum comes from the legs? And rather than focusing on getting the bar up, focus on getting myself under the bar?
Also any tips on reducing and relieving the pain? I try to warm up my wrists and forearms really good before training and stretch/massage them in my free time.

Attached: jerking_it.jpg (373x248, 11K)

>I tend to push with my hands from early on
dont. arms dont do anything until you are fully extended.
>So all of the momentum comes from the legs?
yes

Ok, thanks!

oww my wrist

Lmao mattie is such a child

Wes on the other hand is a true champion!

Anyone could recommend me a way/program to get into Weightlifting ?
Someone told me about Bill Starr "The Quick Lifts" but the can't find any link for it
(Also i live in a shitty town, so no Olympic/crossfit gym)

SS and GOMAD

>Lmao mattie is such a child
What did she do?

The hidenburg method

>tfw a tiny Romanian teenage girl squats 40kg more than me

instagram.com/p/Bwwc_stAhBY/?igshid=o6r7gjqmso2x

Focus on moving the bar up as you dip and extend, then change focus to punching yourself under. You don’t drip under, you pisu yourself down into the floor.

Today is my first Olympic lifting class friends. I'm doing it.

>Teenage
She is not. She is 24 and she propably has more free testestorone than you + me altogether.

Wes is a strong boi, but it puts into perspective just how much gear the top lifters are on when an ex football player can’t compete internationally.

I’m a 33 year old boomer so she’s definitely out-testing me

grown man vs malnourished romanian woman

Why should an ex football player be able to compete in weightlifting internationally?

OW

It’s not even the gear, it’s the fact that they have top tier genetics for the sport.

>team Lativia
>USA singlet

Why are these lativian bitches retarded ameribuus?

Attached: 6491A6D4-12CD-4C68-8F8C-52F19BA1C42E.jpg (1125x2046, 1.38M)

>SHW mogged by Koha
Lmaooo

Attached: 7D38FDE6-D431-4B49-A97F-B59DEC23DCED.jpg (1125x1381, 1.14M)

hhnnngggg that one on the right is torturing those jeans...

Football players are notorious for the amount of PEDs they take

Blonde Koha is best Koha

Attached: B4B32B28-BBC2-41C1-B911-3B92CC84DF7F.jpg (535x748, 266K)

how am I flexing? i'm literally saying I'm crap

I know that it's propably very individual from hernia to hernia, but after my epigastric hernia surgery my doctor didnt talk much about what sport i could do and what i should avoid, did yours tell you about things you should avoid completely?

Deep, pentrative anal sex is a no

Yeah but you won't become good in sport just by using peds

piss off Rippetoe ya fat titted bitch

Google only give me the zeppelin crash..

that looks pretty solid to me. nive movement. Just needs more weight i guess

What muscle groups are good to train on days when I'm not working on weightlifting? Back and legs? Maybe some chest work?

lol why would you train back and legs on off days

I should clarify that I'm very new to this. I've only been doing Olympic lifting for like a month or a month in a half, and i am not at the point I'm doing anything super heavy.

You should squat 4 to 5 times a week. So don't do legs as accessories, ever. Accessories are meant mostly to prevent injuries and deal with imbalances. So focus on stuff like core, lats, traps, delts even. Also triceps. And a pinch of biceps here and there some may recommend (not me though)

*You can do a bit of hamstring work though

I haven't done my follow up visit yet, but it's my impression that I'll just ramp into doing what I've been doing. 20% chance of reoccurrence, maybe less because I'm fit, maybe more because lifting overhead is a big risk factor.

I like doing some biceps work just to keep the elbows strong enough to not get fucked up by heavy work.
I get bad elbow pain if i neglect them for too long

my guess is he means bulk up like a blimp

She got beat by Kate Nyebert and said it was because of food poisoning.
And she randomly blocked Kate on social media a few months ago

step aside twinks

Attached: 58626673_2338779643070464_1044053264000285309_n.jpg (1080x1080, 87K)

Top kek

SEETHING

Not only that, she used accutane (very intrusive medication) to get rid of her acne and she disregarded her coach and did her own programming. She also didn't fill out for her new weight class decently (she had more than a kilo to spare). On top of all that, she didn't congratulate kate on her victory and announced a break from social media.

So long, Martha Cakes.

Who gives a fuck, it’s weightlifitng not drama alert, fucking ameritards.

>follow usaw for three days
>unfollow because it’s annoying

Fuck American weightlifting is a joke.

Attached: 7C275445-12D8-49C2-8931-DA9CED87ADD8.jpg (612x719, 61K)

>American weightlifting is a joke.
+1

Do you just curl? Or something more static, since it's closer to wl?

I don't even know why there's drama between those two when either of them could just change classes and still be contenders
I dun get it

Sounds like she needs a wake up call

She should hide out for a year and just run high dose tren, come back and smash records all over

>+1
kill yourself faggot

Why u mad

Attached: 62431CED-34D8-4112-86E0-97BE6426EE37.png (1125x2436, 3.75M)

just curl. sometimes barbell sometimes dumbbell sometimes machine. don't worry too much about anything other than that it makes my biceps and elbows feel good and doesn't prevent me from hitting positions in the main lifts

dont use redditspeak here

Why are casual litters doomed to 100kg snatch and 143kg clean and jerk

Attached: 1F1E1F3C-4D24-45FD-8DB1-E84BF7FCDFF7.jpg (1122x2208, 274K)

they arent, you just arbitrarily decided to make that statement with nothing to back it up

Anecdotally it’s what most people at my gym have hit maximally, except the people who roid.

I recently started Oly lifts and noticed my heels hurt like hell the next day, is this normal?

Heels or toes?

had my first comp yesterday since january and finished with 90/110, increasing my total by 25kg
nooby gains feel good man

Attached: 1185.jpg (350x490, 46K)

Gay

My right heel was sore when initially starting to do jerks. As long as it's just mild ache and not crippling pain, it'll probably go away as your feet get used to the stress.

If you are deliberately mule kicking the platform when doing cleans, stop that.

Ur gay

God damn does Olympic weightlifting attract the most retarded people ever.

Attached: 99591D93-4C51-4B53-B583-48BAB876DF0E.jpg (1125x1953, 748K)

Found a bigger fag than Alan thrall

Attached: D61D54AB-0DE7-40B8-98CE-548CB7EABB59.jpg (1125x1841, 961K)

Who’s going to the ZT seminar ?

shut up zack

First competition yesterday. Went well despite my still damaged wrist.
Basically went 80,85,90% in my lifts and only missed my last jerk.
Got 3rd and beat everyone in my closer competition.
2nd and 1st’s total were 30 and 70 k higher than mine.
Now back to technique work and becoming a presentable weightlifter.

Grats on the 200 total. Bodyweight?

I know what I've been fucking up. My pull. My feet were too narrow for my body proportions. They were too narrow for any proportion actually

109+

>ZT
OH NO NO NO NO NO YOU CANT BE FUCKING SERIOUS HOLY SHIT AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I tried to do some overhead squats with a cardboard roll, was hard to keep my arms above my head, they wanted to drift forward.
I think I have extremely shitty mobility, primarily in ankles.
anybody point me in the right direction?

ankle, shoulder, thoracic. probably all of those
youtube.com/watch?v=F1smC539je4

Your heel hurts because you call weightlifting ‘Oly’, fag

Big gay

Glückwunsch Bayernschwuchtel

es gab keine 109+ auf der Oberbayrischen

98,5kg

keep shoulders further over the bar

youre a retard, the whole point of locking out your elbows is so that youre muscles aren't *directly* supporting the weight

Any tips for ankle impingment ? Been having trouble with my left ankle for the last 4 months due to some crappy work accident.

kek