Ruck marching

Anyone else doing the superior exercise known as the ruck march?

10 mile walk at 230 lbs (about 2 hours of walking) is 1000-1500 calories burned.

It's fun, relaxing, and is basically meditation but instead of sitting still losing your gains, you're engaging in a full body exercise.

Attached: 1000w_q95.jpg (1000x664, 160K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=entUXhcgt3c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>blowing your fucking knees out
Hiking is cool but why injure yourself

>It's fun, relaxing, and is basically meditation

It's none of those things and it's horrible for your knees.

fucking kneelets

Attached: 1548225224188.png (4956x5000, 1.24M)

mechanically retarded for the spine, knees, ankes.
you shouldn't carry more than 20% of your bodyweight of more than 20kg anyway if you want to do it in a sustainable way.

just run lmao

It's only fun when there's no women.
Having to carry two bags, two rifles and having to shout constantly because there's a fucking cunt with a vagina between her legs who refuse to walk because "m-muh blisters" unironically makes me want to commit murder.

that's really sexist

but true in the army

I don't know why you'd post real physical training on a LARP site, you know most of the guys here are fatties.

sure i love to have fucked up knees before im 45

Jogging will fuck up your knees way faster than any ruck march idiots.

thats why i go up on stairs 2 at a time

False.

>"m-muh knees"

the absolute state of this board i fucking swear

Attached: J6j67w2.png (489x445, 286K)

>he went to bootcamp with females

Pls tell me they don't allow females in infantry OSUT these days.

HMU when you're a 30 year old boomer you fuckin zoomers. *sips*

Attached: pepe-the-frog-to-sleep-perchance-to-meme-003-2b8877 - Copy.png (720x640, 93K)

Can i listen to a really good podcast while i ruck march, like the Joe Rogan Experience?

Shut the fuck up boot.

Walking is not exercise

>Walking is not exercise
Ever tried to walk uphill with 25-30 kilos on your back?

Buddy, I ride up hills you can only dream of

Attached: SalsaWarroadLA-52.jpg (1200x800, 122K)

>walking is not exercise
>burns 1500 calories
Of course he's a "cyclist"

Attached: 1547521202820.jpg (807x802, 74K)

Misogynistic, but true.

You burn 1500 calories just by existing, so is sitting on couch all day exercising?

Based

I'm 6'2" 215 lbs. Would long walks be beneficial for me (2 to 3 hrs) or should I be jogging instead?

false equivolency retard, basal metabolic rate has nothing to do with exercise.

You burn 250 calories doing bicep curls for 10 minutes, guess they do fuck all right?

Not only are you a kneelet, you're also a brainlet

Do both, both is good.

Attached: 1547459074817.jpg (638x558, 64K)

You just have to make sure you learn how to run with the right form. Don't just go and run "how it feels", if you're a beginner you have to force some cues on yourself and then you can run auto mode once you master those

And you burn calories by chewing gum. Why don't more people exercise like that, you can do it anywhere, anytime

Attached: 2xVpKmF.jpg (415x307, 18K)

>You must be at least 18 years of age to use this website

Attached: 1548446863580.jpg (399x384, 19K)

Go take a walk, grandma, and don't forget to bring your walking stick in case you slip.

I've been reading different opinions regarding form. Some suggest cushioned soles shoes and heel striking with long strides and others say minimalist shoes, shorter strides and landing on the ball of your foot.

Attached: MK-CL716_GAY_GR_20140420182314.jpg (1242x810, 284K)

anyone who tells you how to strike with your feet is retarded, the best way to strike is whatever feels the best. there are marathon runners and sprinters who strike heel, forefoot and middle.

I hate marching so fucking much. SO FUCKING MUCH

Attached: 1549309019154.png (1376x1448, 33K)

This how you not run
marathon runners are already freaks and defiantly don't weigh 215 pounds

You have to midfoot, step under your weight center and swipe under with your ass while pushing up with calves. Your quads should only be used to lift your leg forward, quads shouldn't be the main muscle when running.

Hear it from Jow Forumss messiah himself.
youtube.com/watch?v=entUXhcgt3c

I can burn 2200-2500 kcal in that time by cycling and I'm 5'3".

>ruck marching
>fun

Easy to spot the guy who's never been to boot lol

samefag

lmao "rucking"? you mean fucking walking? loooooool stop trying to make this a thing

>ride up hills you can only dream of
mount motherfucker and the ankle breaker would rape you with your dumbass bicycle

Ankle breaker was pussy shit. Fite me.

>10 mile walk at 230 lbs

Your own bodyweight + backpack? Shouldn`t the weight be chosen in relation to bodyweight or height?

Attached: 8cb936e6bb230d4a.jpg (1080x1694, 376K)

Probably since it is a military activity they just carry backpacks that are equipped with standard equipment or equivalent weight of a combat backpack

There has to be an adjusted version of this. Does the military sort out dwarfs for special forces?

Attached: Dwarf Class.png (509x638, 597K)

>10 mile walk at 230 lbs (about 2 hours of walking) is 1000-1500 calories burned.
I doubt you're burning that many calories

Before any retards actually do this, my step dad was in the infantry for 20 years and his knees are permanently fucked. He blames having to ruck because of it.

I'm sure its ok on occasion, but don't do this all the time.

I remember when we had to do a 65lb marathon ruck.
Some chick fell out at like mile 4 lol

They do but only if they can meet the same standard.

Are you me?

I've intentionally hit two of your kind while driving.

OP has spent 4 months at his leg unit and still has a moto boner

>he wants/respects women in his unit
>he surrenders to spics on his own soil
>he didnt join the marines where sexism is encouraged
Lmao just lmaoing at armyfags lives rn.

Attached: 1555710095312.gif (480x270, 1.36M)

It SHOULD be between 45-60lbs if the point is to exercise.
If he's military, it's probably 90-120lbs done in a way to make it even worse on his joints than it already is.

>be me
>check into the Fleet Marine Force
>Find out we do forced marches at my unit
>second day, 20km forced march under 100lb load
>haven't hiked in a year, since bootcamp
>totally unprepared for this shit
>hurt myself

I'm really glad the military is un-retarding itself with this stuff

>implying there aren’t men who act the same way in training or “boot camp”

>suddenly ever male can get through military training
Tell me how I know you never was a recruit or soldier

>finding it a grind
Found the remf

Real soldiers it’s just something you do a walk before the real fight starts

This is the gayest post I’ve ever read on this site. Fuck you.

>it's fun to march to your death

Should joined the Air Force retard

Lmao retarded army booters pretending to enjoy slave walks

Attached: iff7qy4089c11.jpg (674x736, 52K)

what type of rucksack do you use that can hold 230lbs?

should've*, retard.

Actually it's "should of"

running and walking with a ruck are two completely different things. even jogging with no weight is bad. the pounding is what kills your knees

Basically any standard issue USMC pack.
Army is usually only rated for 50lbs because their fragile gracile builds cant handle it.

get of this site

My knees are fucked from being a high-speed and running on concrete with a 100lb rucksack for 5 years every other day. What the fuck was I thinking? I will eventually need knee replacement surgery. Even walking hurts.

They actually started letting women into Ft Benning several years ago. I went to AIT with females but we were segregated via housing. I can't imagine them doing the ruck marches together in basic though. I also can't imagine a drill sgt that would let someone else carry another's weapon. I think he is larping.

This. The entire US army is literally retarded for making their soldiers do this knowing it will just make them weak with broken knees within a few years.

Have fun fucking up your knees, ankles, shoulders, and back. Why can;t you all just be normal and workout like normal people?

>Hey Marine, we got this nifty new gadget that is only 75% the weight of the old gadget
>So now you can carry two of them!

So glad I'm out

Attached: 1518592580155.png (502x277, 370K)

More and more of these discord trannies every single fucking day jesus christ.

>real soldiers love ruck marches

What is wrong with you

Ruck marching past the 3 hour mark sparks something crazy in me. I go literally insane

>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>FUCK THIS SHIT!

Attached: bloat rage.jpg (632x403, 31K)

Let's start a rucking pro-tips list. Let's assume this is a timed event and 4 miles an hour is the infantry standard.
>when going down hill, jog with short/quick strides
>when going up hill take long strides
>never jog up hill
>take care of your feet and they will take you to the ends of the world
>quality socks with 60/40 or 50/50 wool synthetic blend, Darn Tough is a good brand (cons: very expensive)
>foot powder the fuck out of your feet + socks + boots before a ruck
>have an already powdered pair of socks in ziploc nearby
>if you have a hot spot and dont have moleskin, duct tape is a good substitute

Anybody got tips on dealing with upper back and traps pain? This kills me more often than lower body troubles

Attached: 1280px-US_Army_Rangers_field_excercise.jpg (1280x847, 367K)

>Anybody got tips on dealing with upper back and traps pain?

Best tip is to do something else for cardio

Why not deadlifts and shrugs?

>Anybody got tips on dealing with upper back and traps pain? This kills me more often than lower body troubles
do you have the pack adjusted correctly to fit your body?

Blacks?

This guy ain't wrong

> long strides going up hill
Completely wrong. You want short, sharp strides going up hill. Long strides mean a longer lever for you to push up, meaning your quads will get wrecked quicker.

Heres my tabbing tips (rucking for yanks):
> never run/double on concrete or tarmac if you like your knees
> if you do decide to double, its more of a shuffle than a run, with your feet barely leaving the ground
> only double for about 2-300 metres every mile to reduce lactic acid buildup and loosen up your calves and hamstrings
> weight needs to be equal on both sides of your bergen or pack
> light items at the bottom i.e gonk bag, heavier items about 3/4 of the way up and as close to your spine as possible; your bergen should fall backwards when set down, not forwards
> try and distribute weight evenly between webbing and bergen/daysack, allowing for weight distribution on both shoulders and hips
> dont tighten up shoulder straps too tight as youll cut off circulation to your arms
> dont tighten up any chest straps as it will limit your breathing
> dont do your boots up fully tight as it will limit your range of movement and cause your calves to strain more
> if youre prone to blisters, wear thin socks under thick socks which will mitigate rubbing
> swing your weapon across your body to maintain momentum
> gradually sip water throughout, dont gulp down massive amounts of water at various intervals
> have some sweets or other edible morale in your webbing
> stay in step with the man in front, your stride and cadence will naturally match his
> remember that the first mile or so is the hardest because your muscles are stretching out and it will get easier

Thats all I can think of at the minute, but that covers most of it. Some of it you just learn the hard way, everyone has their own little tips and tricks.

T. British Light Role Infantry

want to guess how I know you are a never serve fag larping on Jow Forums?

What unit you in user?

2x a day every day but Saturday.
30lb Vest
40lb Ruck
5 Miles in the morning. 5 Miles at night
20 Miles on Sunday.

Attached: ruck.jpg (1000x667, 162K)

The Rifles.

Attached: IMG-20190414-WA0016.jpg (1600x1066, 165K)

...Tidworth?

>see guy on the street walking with a weighted vest

There is a 100% chance that every single person who sees you doing that thinks you're a fucking faggot

why does everything need to be an pseudo-manly epic nostalgia trip?

just go fucking swimming

are you training for selection? that is way too much.

There is a 100% chance real Chads dont give a fuck what other people think. Strength, Endurance, and betterment of the Warfighter are all that matter.

Attached: 1551852864152.png (943x851, 596K)

>mfw i know that you can fit 2 dissassembled .50s in a main pack if you fiddle with the charging handles

Attached: cec301deb4b21a711a90b85bec0163bd.500x223x11.gif (500x223, 310K)

Nah. You in mate?

Bro...Rah....I know that feel.

Attached: 1538385384193.jpg (225x225, 12K)

No. Its just something I do for fun/fitness. Shit I even smoke a pipe while I am out on the ruck.

Attached: 34986-0-82175600-1491525464.jpg (564x747, 84K)

>t. owner of three elevation training masks

back to you go

Dont try to shill your shit masks on other people kike. Besides, Warfighting is a much better reason to be Jow Forums than most.

Attached: 1550007210592.jpg (483x699, 63K)

>t. never been to war

you are a gigantic faggot

Keep projecting, faggotini