I can do 7 pull-ups in a row now, Jow Forums

I can do 7 pull-ups in a row now, Jow Forums.
Am I a strong boi? I wanna reach 20 pull-ups in a row.

Attached: 26b.png (680x608, 125K)

>Am I a strong boi?

Not yet but on the way to become one. Did 3x16 today in my full body day and did 3x12 with 20kg extra weight wednesday in my pull day. I guess I could do 20 in a row when well rested. Will try tomorrow.

Attached: Happy_edf77e_6554393.jpg (1200x674, 90K)

>tfw you can't do any

Attached: 1553461680034.jpg (400x404, 46K)

me too, tho with two more sets.
How do I get to twenty? More sets?

Try to add weight to the point where you fail in the 6-12 reps range. Get used to it and you should be able to do 20 without weight pretty soon.

Stronger than me, but I wouldn't call 7 strong. Maybe 15?

i cant do any, can do multiple with the cheating machine though. im not sure i know what im doing though, am i just supposed to use my back to carry myself, it feels like i am using my arms much more than anything else. Also im a fatty at 90 kg

Even more room for progress.

Attached: faggot.jpg (697x768, 84K)

If you feel like you are only engaging your arms the widen your grip and you'll feel your shoulders, delts, lats and posterior chain kick in. It will be harder at the start and expect your total reps to drop but once you learn to use your torso not just your arms you'll start upping those reoa again. Also tense your core.

Cheating machine? You just need to lighten the load to the limit to do like 5. How tall are you? I was able to do the first ones around 120kg on 1,88m.

Start rock climbing and you will be able to do as many pull ups as your heart desires

I fail at that range bro with just my bodyweight

Nope, I can do 16 and I’m pretty damn DYEL

Than you have to do negatives or some reverse bench press to get your arms and lats ready I guess.

Attached: Thinking Pepe.jpg (400x400, 29K)

>tfw been hovering around 7-8 pull-ups for like 2 months now

How do I continue to increase this number boys? I don't know why I can't do any more, I am gaining lean mass, body fat is staying basically the same, doing more lat/bicep exercises etc. I would start doing weighted (5kg) but I don't want to until I can do 10 normal ones.

Try greasing the groove

>tfw skinnyfat and jon jones like reach

I mean depends its like asking if 7 reps on bench press is strong. Depends if its 7 reps of 80kg or 140kgs. Same with pull ups. If you weight 60kgs thats weak as fuck. But if youre above 100kg then id say 10 reps is pretty strong.

Doesnt't wide grip engage the arms more though?If anything he should do really close grip to to fully engage the lats

The wider the grip the more is the teres major and traps recruited. I agree, close grip (little less than shoulder width, supinated or neutral) is GOAT for lat activation.

Used to do exclusively powerlifting and could do 8 x 3. Started bouldering and could do 15 x 3. There are also plenty of real life situations where you feel bad ass when you get your skill up, such as if you have to climb into a building or over a tall wall, due to the fact pulling your body up once confidently is easy for you now.
Considering getting into American Ninja Warrior stuff but I'm quite heavy (6 foot, 82kg) and it fucks with my tendons to do hangs and climb for too long or too frequently.

To add to this - put a light weight dumbbell between your legs and in a backpack. Start with weighted pull ups low to mid rep then do bodyweight high rep.

Also, do varying grip width and when you have finished bodyweight use a machine assist to rinse the muscles out.