/fast/ #4?? New Day Edition

FAQ
/fast/ discord
>discord.gg/dknZqPb
What is /fast/?
>Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

What’s the difference between intermittent fasting, water fasting, dry fasting, etc.?
>Intermittent fasting: Fasting for a certain amount of time with a short eating window. 16:8 (16 hours fasting, 8 hour eating window) is the bare minimum.
>Water fasting: Fasting with only water.
>Dry fasting: Fasting with no water. Dangerous, use with caution.

Why should I fast?
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11147801
>idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
>[YouTube] Fasting vs. Eating Less: What's the Difference? (Science of Fasting) (embed)

How do I safely do an extended fast?
>Take snake juice, or just supplement electrolytes.
>Water=2L
>Potassium chloride =1 tsp (No Salt)
>Sodium chloride = 1/2 tsp (Himalayan Pink Salt)
>Sodium Bicarbonate = 1 tsp (Baking Soda)
>Magnesium Sulphate = 1/2 tsp (Food Grade Epsom Salts)
>Mix these in 2L of water and sip it throughout the day.
>[OPTIONAL] 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar and 4 tbsp lemon juice. DO NOT MIX with snake juice, drink separately.
>You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent fasting.

Won’t I go into starvation mode?
>No. The mainstream definition of starvation mode is a myth. Read the FAQ linked below for more information.

Will (something with calories) break my fast?
>Yes.

Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
>You can do whatever the fuck you want. We recommend avoiding those, sweeteners especially.

Do I need a multivitamin?
>No

Prolonged fast FAQ: fast.fandom.com/wiki/FAST_FAQ

losertown.org/eats/cal.php

Previous Thread:

Attached: 1529048569779.jpg (1638x1229, 899K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refeeding_syndrome
youtube.com/watch?v=vyZWojeVhyA
chrismasterjohnphd.com/blog/2012/01/07/we-really-can-make-glucose-from-fatty/
youtube.com/watch?v=L22vFOQaEAc
youtube.com/watch?v=odeN-ZixdxA
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
desuarchive.org/fit/thread/50043660/#q50053602
desuarchive.org/fit/thread/50109255/#q50126220
desuarchive.org/fit/thread/50229584/#q50233050
desuarchive.org/fit/thread/50326812/#q50335858
desuarchive.org/fit/thread/50388147/#q50415377
desuarchive.org/fit/thread/50486267/#q50506996
youtube.com/watch?v=2vz_U8kxDlg
fashionmodeldirectory.com/models/izabela_hryniewicka/photos/?start=0
youtube.com/watch?v=XhjpkncHXJE
youtube.com/watch?v=1-FBUKACLao
youtube.com/channel/UCmXm2mkr8neBV8NpZDBqpgg
youtube.com/watch?v=1-FBUKACLao&feature=youtu.be&t=851
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is OMAD good for cutting?

Previous: FAQ:
Do I really need baking soda/potassium?
>YES.

What is refeeding syndrome? Do I need to worry about it?
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refeeding_syndrome
>youtube.com/watch?v=vyZWojeVhyA
>Probably not, unless you've been fasting 14 days or longer.

Will this specific fasting plan work for me?
>Try it and find out. There are no clear best ways to fast. Everyone is different; listen to your body.

Can I do cardio or weight training while fasted?
>Yes. Just take it a bit easier than normal. Once again, listen to your body.

>Is OMAD good for cutting?
yes

officially off my fast, there is some sort of city event down the street from me, going to walk to the vendors and buy some trash to eat... later fuckers, will start fasting again tomorrow

Attached: akari_walk.gif (600x540, 2.34M)

>based 2004 laptop with the mouse button in between the keyboard.
How fucked will i get if i do

I want to fast but if I skip lunch everyone in the office asks if I`m ok and why am I not eating. What should I do

tell them them that your on a diet i don't know why would they be worried about it

what does the separate glass of apple cider vinegar do

"go out to eat" or tell them you ate a big breakfast or throw in the occasional upset stomach every now and again. Note: If they hear your stomach rumble it's game over, have a water bottle or something near to stop it

You had a large breakfast, your stomach is cramping, you're trying to save money, you will eat later, you're not hungry, you brought your own lunch, you're busy, your doctor has you on a special plan because of digestive issues, or just leave and go for a walk, whatever. Or you could tell the truth, stick to your guns, and act like they're the weird ones when they question it. You can also go with them and only order tea/coffee/water, be prepared to answer questions, but once again be confident.

>Or you could tell the truth
Rule number one: Don't tell anyone you're fasting

I kinda don't recommend telling them the truth, though. It sounds good in theory but it doesn't really work out in the real world because people are slimy vultures in my experience.

going lower just risks muscular mass loss that's it your body has a easier time disintegrating muscle cells then fat cells if it feels its in danger especially if you are stressed out a lot

i never had a experience where people shat on me about me trying to cut. but then again its all about whats your work place like

Yeah, some places are worse than others. My current job has turned me pretty cynical, but my previous ones with smaller companies have been better.

Do what the fasting fatman does and tell them you're on a diet, specifically OMAD, and you're eating window is in the morning. They won't look twice at your weightloss and you have an excuse for the entire time you fast.

>tfw 2 weeks ahead of my losertown projections based on 0 calories

I can't be stopped!

Only a few food vendors and they all had absolute shit like funnel cakes. Didn't eat anything

rip, hope you still had fun though

Do I need to ease back into eating normally?
Not a fatass btw

How long did you fast?

Honestly, I'd say try eating normally. Some people don't really need to ease back into eating normally even after a week+ of fasting.

How dangerous is it to hold in your shits, bout to go to a party and my stomach isn't feeling so good Mr. Stark.

Does anyone else immediately think of Blacked.com when they see this image? Like fuck I'm so sick of this brainwashing.

Heads up, got a bunch of gifs / pics comin' in. Finished my Lent fast. Will take a vacation and pig out and try to bulk and run. Will check back in a maybe 2-3 months once I start OMAD and other shit. You guys are great. Thanks and keep on keepin' on!

Attached: lent_week_07_update_.jpg (2077x8035, 1.97M)

My pig out...

Attached: lent_midnight_celebration.gif (324x576, 3.4M)

Oops. Too fast.

Attached: pigout_lent_celebration_____.gif (324x576, 3.4M)

Attached: lent_beginning_and_end_more_pics_more_lighting___.jpg (3833x1982, 834K)

Attached: lent_full_set_of_meals_and_workouts_________.jpg (8192x2179, 2.97M)

Attached: lent_week_front_progress_gif.gif (325x401, 352K)

Attached: lent_week_side_progress_gif.gif (412x442, 435K)

How do you avoid losing muscle on such a large calorie deficit? How do you get enough protein?

What’s this pic supposed to be?

Reminder to refeed in the morning

me on the upper left

Good stuff user, nice progress

Attached: 1554247902097.jpg (627x1027, 97K)

The thinking is that when you take 0 calories, your body turns on fasting adaptations, which reduces the amount of protein turnover.

Also, fat can be converted to glucose: chrismasterjohnphd.com/blog/2012/01/07/we-really-can-make-glucose-from-fatty/

Another thought is that when you lose fat while fasting, there's also connective tissue, skin around it that the body scavengers for amino acids.

how can i fast longer brehs.....

Don't be a pussy.

Fuck guys, I feel terrible. Barely fasted this month and only lost 7 pounds. I was averaging like 20 a month last three months prior. Also think I broke out of ketosis by accident despite not eating sugar or obvious carbs. It's been really hard for me to get my usual 5 day fasts going. I'm 7 pounds away from getting out of obese BMI for the first time in like 10 years

prevents Gastroesophageal reflux. you know when acid goes up your throat

Scared of drying or passing out from fasting.
It gets harder as I get lean, I am now 150,normal corpulence according to BMI, and I want to fast for 5 days straight.

Attached: 19776-full.jpg (305x259, 22K)

Man in the mirror is starting to look fit. Now that I'm used to fasting, I try to aim for that 48 hour fast so I can get the high.

Also anyone else notice mental gains?

>Do I really need baking soda/potassium?
>YES.
THE BAKING SODA IS ACTUALLY OPTIONAL, BUT THE POTASSIUM IS REQUIRED. IF YOU DON'T USE BAKING SODA, YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO INCREASE THE SODIUM. AN EASY RECIPE IS 1:1 SODIUM:POTASSIUM.

ALSO GOOD FOR YOUR KIDNEYS.

TELL EVERYBODY YOU'RE FASTING AS LONG AS YOU SUCCEED WITH IT IN THE LONG RUN.

ABSOLUTE MADMAN

I'M SURE IT CAUSES SOME PROSTATE DAMAGE AT SOME POINT. TAKE A GODDAMN SHIT AND WIPE YOUR ASS WITH BABY WIPES YOU DISGUSTING PIG.

>I'M SURE IT CAUSES SOME PROSTATE DAMAGE AT SOME POINT. TAKE A GODDAMN SHIT AND WIPE YOUR ASS WITH BABY WIPES YOU DISGUSTING PIG.
I already do. My stomach is fine now was just worried my stomach would go into cleansing mode and I'd shit myself or something.

THE INTERNET HAS FUCKED YOU. CONSIDER DOPAMINE FASTING.

INCREDIBLE FUCKING PROGRESS. GLAD TO SEE YOU STUCK THROUGH WITH IT. AN user HERE SUGGESTED TO ADD CARDIO IN WITH MY WORKOUT ROUTINE AND IT HAS INCREASED MY PROGRESS SIGNIFICANTLY, CONSIDER DOING THE SAME.
I WAS ABOUT TO NOT WORKOUT TODAY BECAUSE I WAS PRETTY TIRED, BUT YOU MOTIVATED ME ENOUGH TO STOP BEING A CRYBABY BITCH. I'M DEDICATING THIS LATE NIGHT WORKOUT TO YOU.

youtube.com/watch?v=L22vFOQaEAc
AS FOR THE 2ND QUESTION, IF YOU'RE ON SHORTER FASTS JUST EAT YOUR RECOMMENDED AMOUNT OF PROTEIN YOU'D NORMALLY NEED. THE FOOD WILL SIT IN YOUR LARGE INTESTINE FOR ABSORPTION FOR AS LONG AS IT CAN.

WHAT ARE YOUR STATS?

YOU MAY HAVE BODY DYSMORPHIA. HIT THE GYM, SHORTEN THE FASTS, AND GET STRONG. HEALTH SHOULD BE YOUR PRIORITY, AND YOU WILL NOT BE IN A BETTER PLACE IF YOU END UP A LITTLE TWINK PASSED OUT CHASING YOUR MUSCLE DADDY.

>Also anyone else notice mental gains?
AFTER COMPLETION FASTS, DEFINITELY. I'M NOTICING MY MEMORY ISN'T AS BAD AS IT WAS, BUT I WAS ALSO AN ALCOHOLIC DRUG-USER, SO THE BENEFITS I'VE EXPERIENCED MIGHT BE MORE THAN THE AVERAGE FASTER.

OH I MISREAD, I THOUGHT YOU WERE ALREADY HOLDING IN YOUR SHIT. YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY PAY A BIT MORE ATTENTION TO GUT PAIN THOUGH, BECAUSE YOUR GUT HEALTH IS IMPERATIVE TO OVERALL WELL-BEING. RECHECK YOUR REFEEDS AND ENSURE YOU'RE GETTING ALL THE NUTRIENTS YOU NEED. A GOOD PLACE TO START WOULD BE HERE:
youtube.com/watch?v=odeN-ZixdxA
ALTHOUGH HE SOMEWHAT SHILLS COLLAGEN AND BONE MEAL SUPPLEMENTS, I UNDERSTAND THAT IT'S PRETTY DIFFICULT GETTING BOTH OF THOSE NORMALLY.

Alright man, thanks for the tips. Stay based.

I straight up told all my mid 30s female coworkers what I was doing and they were really concerned but once I told them I wasn't feeling hungry at all they were fine for it
This other 6'4" jacked beast of a salesperson overheard and said "oh yeah a buddy of mine wanted to start doing that with me too" and that made it sound better to them as well

I fully believe 48h fasting will be as popular as keto in 3 years, you're just ahead of the curve
Learn the buzzwords and explain away people's worries
If they still think you're a fag fuck em, they're idiots anyways

How to bulk and put on muscle with a fasting focused lifestyle? I'm 5'11 (king of manlets) and 155lbs. Need more lean muscle mass.

Dubs checked.

I like the one on the right best.

you still drink or did you stop?

Well shit /fast/, I did an on off dry fast for 4 days straight, got past my goal weight. It was a euphoric feeling, I was just staring at myself in the mirror, tight flesh and all....

HOWEVER, I had the goal of being able to eat Pizza after reaching my goal weight, not any pizza, buffalo chicken pizza....but my desire for food has been completely destroyed. I have not felt any hunger this entire week, even after eating some food. It is like something is missing, even though it's my favorite food that I ate.

Confound it.

Attached: skelton crew.jpg (1543x1813, 712K)

>On off fast
So eating normally?

Ramadan is coming

Attached: 1555286741308.png (1020x574, 385K)

no, drinking water in between

>4th day of 16:8
>my will is breaking because I'm not hungry but force feed myself anyway

Does it get easier?

Attached: 143062454361972.png (310x233, 95K)

been doing omad for nearly a month, with my boxing training I dropped 10kg so far. We're all gonna make it bros.

Attached: Screenshot_20190225-201109_Instagram.jpg (1419x1785, 867K)

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
>However, in two different mouse genetic backgrounds, IF did not extend mean lifespan and even reduced lifespan when initiated at 10 months
How does this translate to humans?

give it a week or so. Coming from a fat fuck who would overeat constantly, I don't really get hungry until my usual eating time now.

dry fast

>still feeling hunger

Attached: 1524461178508.jpg (1920x1484, 139K)

Woke up and my eyelids are very swollen. Could this be because I broke my fast with a lot of sugar + carbs? Though I broke it more than 24 hours ago, and it was only a short fast.

no. probably alergies

Whats wrong with cc and yoga?

Nothing. That was my update. I gave myself wiggle room with my Lent promise. You can see my entire progress for each week (diet / exercise) by looking here. The fasting was mandatory. Maximum of 1200 grams (mixed veggies / meat only). So you can see in the beginning I tried to do smaller meals with 80% veggies as Cole recommended. But it was harder than expected so I ended up inverting the ratio and upping the grams.

As for the Convict Conditioning, it was a bonus goal but I didn't want to over exert myself and break my promise. (Fasting as priority.) So in week 5, due to some personal shit that took priority I didn't do any fitness shit, and because fasting got a lot harder as I got leaner, I just skipped the entire last week.

But my next promise after vacation will be to do the 30 Day Yoga Challenge with Adrienne, and to some sort of jogging/Convict Challenge routine now that the weather is better. And some OMAD type thing. Will check back later when I hammer out the details. With more energy though, I'll go harder on CC, of course.

For my faggy diaries, check the archives:

#400 (Update 1)
>desuarchive.org/fit/thread/50043660/#q50053602

#401 (Update 2)
>desuarchive.org/fit/thread/50109255/#q50126220

#406 (Update 3)
>desuarchive.org/fit/thread/50229584/#q50233050

#409 (Update 4)
>desuarchive.org/fit/thread/50326812/#q50335858

#412 (Update 5)
>desuarchive.org/fit/thread/50388147/#q50415377

#416 (Update 6)
>desuarchive.org/fit/thread/50486267/#q50506996

Attached: orthodox_bunny.png (364x398, 254K)

Thanks, man! Hope the workout was brutal!

Attached: julia_vins.png (501x590, 460K)

Cheers!

Attached: with_snake_juice.png (540x387, 354K)

*and do some sort of jogging/Convict Challenge

>can feel nausea
>can't feel hunger
have I ascended?

Dude. I tried counting calories and all sorts of diet restrictions to lose weight. And I would get so cranky and felt like I was starving. Until I tried fasting. Follow Cole's advice. He says to do a 48hr fast right away. It'll get you over the mental block and years of brainwashing making you think that you'll go into starvation mode and lose all muscle mass and all that bullshit unless you cram your fat gullet every 2 hours. That's nonsense. I found that once I actually went into ketosis, it was a lot easier. Your body may not be used to ketosis from years of eating too often. I can't say for sure, but it felt like my body adapted and got used to kicking into ketosis quicker after a week or so of alternating 72hrs and 48hrs. Perhaps this is just placebo from what Cole said in a video about the same thing. (He said his body is like a light switch now in that regard.) Nevertheless, when you are actually in ketosis you get into a zen mode. Of course you still want to eat and all that, but it's not the same intensity. Perhaps because the insulin spike from your last meal has faded and you no longer get those hormones screaming out for you to eat something. And you actually are getting a steady flow of energy from your fat gut. But your choice of words sounds like a different problem....
>I'm not hungry but force feed myself anyway
What the fuck, dude. Either you're in denial. Pic related. Or you have shitty habits. Just stop being a pussy. It will get easier, but try out a 48hr fast. Drink snake juice with baking powder cuz it fills you up. Also the lemon juice and apple cider vinegar kidney shots suppress your appetite as well. Good luck, fatty. You're gonna' make it.

Attached: addiction.png (349x201, 94K)

>Complete a 48hr fast
>youtube.com/watch?v=2vz_U8kxDlg
I bought ketostix but only used like 4 of them in the first 2 weeks. Just had to confirm I was in ketosis. But now I have too many, so only buy one container.
>4:1 veggie meat ratio
^About this, I tried it but it was tough. Give yourself wiggle room for refeeds. Also, giving yourself refeed days to look forward will help you go much longer. It would encourage me to not break my fast knowing it was only X hours until I could eat. Then there was no guilt pigging out. So yes, it does get easier. But give it a week or two.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-28 at 2.20.45 PM.png (499x235, 139K)

>2006
You a MILF now? Prolly thicc. I approve.
>8/10 would lick your butt hole

Attached: donut.gif (490x324, 487K)

Literally just say dont worry about why im not eating. God office life sounds so fucking boring how do people do it.

The thing that worked for me is when I explained the multiple reasons I was fasting. I would explain and show them Jason Fung and Dr. Rhonda Patrick, etc. But although that kinda convinced them, it never made them change their mind fully. What worked for me was just saying, "Okay. Let's say I'm completely wrong with the health aspect. Even if it's bad for me healthwise, I'm not doing this permanently. And I'm also doing it for spiritual reasons and mental health. I want to prove to myself I can achieve this so that I feel confident with other aspects in my life. I want to dabble in testing myself like stoics and buddhists do so I can grow internally and create a greater appreciation for my every day life. Lastly, I want to build the skill of fighting hunger by going overboard and embracing true hunger. So after the fast I will go back to eating normally, and when I want to limit calories it will be easier for me. So please respect my fast and don't tempt me. It's hard enough as is, don't be a dick."

Obviously this should change based on your real circumstances and your audience. But that was my general response and once I switched from arguing if it was healthy or not, they'd just stop and respect the decision. Likewise, once you explain it's not a permanent thing, they'll stop thinking of you as a wannabe anorexic/bulimic from the afterschool specials they saw, and leave you alone.

Attached: meditation.jpg (728x1058, 180K)

the other left.

Modelling shoot afaik

Here's more of the middle girl
fashionmodeldirectory.com/models/izabela_hryniewicka/photos/?start=0

Attached: kndnLuG.jpg (1606x1204, 410K)

goal body

Trips confirm that a hole is as good as any other. Open up wide, boy.

>literally eschewing enlightenment for asceticism

ishygddt

>Body Mass Index: 28.9 OVERWEIGHT
>Waist-Height Ratio: 0.528 OVERWEIGHT
>Waist-Hip Ratio: 0.910 OVERWEIGHT
>Corpulence Index: 14.82 OVERWEIGHT
>Body Shape Index: 0.0783 OVERWEIGHT
>Body Fat Percentage: 24.0% FAT FUCK
Maybe I should do something about this.
Lets see if I can not eat until single digit body fat.

Mystery solved.
youtube.com/watch?v=XhjpkncHXJE

I wanted to find the redheads name but fuck it, I'm bored now and I don't speak Polski.

Attached: comment_v0Z3S8YlHknZcXLv4dtcz4cdPgtLbz2z.jpg (420x600, 232K)

cant wait

No dude. Half the fatties in these threads are looking for a short cut. And desu, fasting is a magic short cut. But a big mistake the fatties make is that they just go for personal records with no planning or discipline whatsoever. So they drink Monster zero and have a shitty sleep schedule and so their body is craving energy at 3 AM and they break their fast. Feel guilty, binge for like 4 days cuz they figure they already broke the fast so fuck it. And then they repeat. This is a really unhealthy shitty lifestyle and is the reason you are a fat fuck. Set up a routine. Make it doable. Set your minimum fasting and then push yourself for personal records by going longer but give yourself refeed days to look forward to. That way you don't "relapse" sotospeak. Also, if you're a fat fuck and have no muscle underneath, then you'll lose a bunch of weight and just have a saggy gut of flabby skin and bitch tits. One user in these threads is straight up fasting until he's starting to bald and keeps posting about how to lose the extra skin and look good. Nigger, at that point you need surgery and to start lifting to balance. So, think about this as a long journey and that you are building new habits that you can keep long term to keep the fat off. Not just to lose it for a bit and gain it back. Ya dig?

I suggest following this guy's example. Personally trained by Cole. Huge weight loss with practical advice.

>PUT THIS NIGGA IN THE COPYPASTA PLEASE. GREAT EXAMPLE FOR TYPICAL /FAST/ NEWFAGS
"SNAKE DIET: I GRAPHED 1 YEAR OF FAT LOSS ON PAPER: 1/4 TON O' FAT GONE! COLE ROBINSON COACHED ME!!!"
>youtube.com/watch?v=1-FBUKACLao

Lawrence Malcheff Force Production Powerlifting
>youtube.com/channel/UCmXm2mkr8neBV8NpZDBqpgg

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-28 at 4.06.10 PM.png (662x335, 191K)

For people whose family/lovers pester you, send them this guy's video. Specifically at 14:11.
>youtube.com/watch?v=1-FBUKACLao&feature=youtu.be&t=851

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-28 at 4.08.59 PM.png (998x398, 233K)

>refeed with a chicken and avocado salad and a protein shake
>liquid diarrhea afterward
>go to bed
>felt like i haven't even eaten anything at all
>no energy, lethargic, weak
what the heck

great progress mate, after trying out waterfasting for 30h i will do some prolonged fasting with meme-juice.

>bout 62nd hour of snake fast after a break from fasting for a week
>shortness of breath, legs feel so weak i could barely walk
what happened

hang in until ramadan, then you can say you're a mudslime which takes care of the fasting part, plus you get a free pass to tell office thots to cover the fuck up

>WHAT ARE YOUR STATS?

184cm, currently about 230lb/104kg fed

Guys, is decaffinated green tea okay with snake man.

Or just peppermint green tea?
Also is it best to nofap with fasting?

Teaspoons are NOT standard units of measure. Which is it?

Attached: 1555744239264.jpg (395x296, 12K)

5 mL

probably just ketosis

Fuck snake man. Green tea is good, good for you microbiome.

I don't have anything to measure that small.

That's all I needed, thanks user.

Done multiple 48s before, I'm currently 24 hours into an uncapped fast, hoping to at least do a 72, then return to 48s'

Top. Bottom is known as "heaping teaspoon".

>Have done several 1, 2, 3, day fasts and one 4 day fast
>Drink snake juice only
>Break them with whatever I want, including ice cream
>Never gotten diarrhea / the shits and have no idea what you guys are talking about