Why is worth getting fit?

hi Jow Forums, legitimate question, why is even worth getting fit for, or how can I get a reason to?

I'm a 24yo male, 5'8'' and I weigh 295 libs

I don't care about being fat, be it looks, health or whatever really. I once went to the gym.

> started losing weight
> after a few months people told me that I looked "good" even my trainer
> "well, this might be what people want"
> stopped going to the gym
> gained back my lost weight and even a little more.
> meh

So my take is that my problem may be psychological or of some sort because I don't mind looking good to other people, and dying for health issues I don't really mind, we all are gonna die someday so.

Right now I'm following a diet because of an health checkup imposed on me and my doctor said that I'm presenting initial stages of hypertension and my family got the notice so I'm just doing it so they don't bother me with their bullshit every time.

The things I hate about being fat are:
> using too much space and so dragging attention
> hard to find clothes that fit me (I'm not in an amerimut plus-ultra size clothing kind of country)

but then again I'm not into fashion. and though using too much space might inconvenience other people (a bus seat for example) I don't care about other people I just don't want attention.

I have read the sticky but the mindset section doesn't really address my problem, wat do?

Attached: 57435708_1785193344916135_1268228255379357696_n.jpg (960x960, 237K)

>> meh
look, you reddit faggot, get in shape or don't, we don't fucking care.
lurk more.

You seem to have severe autism. Don't bother getting fit, it won't help you much.

>5’8 295 pounds

Yeah you’re right just give up. The time to change your life was about 100 pounds ago to avoid irreversible damage.

You also sound like a massive faggot and loser, take care.

If you do not care about yourself and your body then there is no point in it.

That's why I'm asking, a reason, other than looks or health

Save money.
You spend less on food.

Well nobody is going to give you a valid reason because it sounds like you don't care about anything - the only motivator youve presented is that you just want to be left alone and not bothered. I empathise, but this is not possible unless you move to total wilderness and fend for yourself. Uh-oh, you cant do that if youre fat and unfit.

Your problem is obviously psychological, as youve said. Aside from the stock standard "see a therapist" recommendation the only other advice i can give you is to get the fuck off Jow Forums and never look back, being here is the absolute worst thing you can possibly do with regard to having any kind of psychological issues.

Boogie we know this is you

As you already pointed out, people will see you in a more positive light. Also fuck off, nobody's out there to convince you.

I always thought this sub was like a club or a cult, where people go out their way to tell you to, in this case, get fit.

Well, last time I didn't really had a legitimate reason to lose weight so maybe I guess that's what I'll do and see what happens.

Thank you faggots I knew I could count on you somehow really.

just do it for the gram

Attached: 6568AEED-EFF0-46BB-AA95-94E9635F213E.jpg (640x505, 80K)

Good for you, youre gonna make it

Attached: pepk.jpg (1000x800, 60K)

Society will collapse soon, you will be eaten because you will be nothing but a heavy burden to others. Make yourself strong, fast and useful.

Dropping to a healthy weight, you'll feel vastly better and more energetic. You won't even miss the unhealthy foods that made you overweight if you avoid them for a while

>massively obese manlet
>Ive convinced myself being a gigantic fatass is not so bad cause it if was, then id have to do hard work to change

yea its all good bro, just keep being you
why do you bother living at all?

>Why is worth
>why is even worth
>this sub
L0Lno fgt pls

You're going to die from a heart attack if you're lucky. Most weight related illnesses are actually very long term and you suffer greatly. That should be your motivation you hamplanet

>That's why I'm asking, a reason, other than looks or health
>Buuuuuuhhhh, health and looks aren't good enough reasons to get fit

Press S to spit on him

Attached: 1540673173489.png (162x182, 43K)

Some people think fitness is worth it on its own. Other people use it to prove to themselves that they have the capacity to do things they set their minds to, and then go on to do other things. I'm DYEL so take this for what it is, but to me, fitness is about
>reducing stress
>sleeping better
>looking better
>the rush
>setting small goals and achieving them
>physical evidence that I'm no longer an unwashed autistic manchild

and first and foremost
>celebrating life

What I can't stress enough for all the depressed anons out there is that once you're no longer depressed, life is a fucking miracle, and you look back on all the shame and guilt, and the stupid things you did, and you can realize that they were all part of your growth. The next time you get into a bad place, you might wonder if you're going back to depression, but then you just understand that, no, you're no longer depressed. And then, when you realize just how wonderful all of life is, you want to accomplish things. I lift, read, cook, socialize, pray, everything, in order to celebrate this. Take what you will from this, maybe you just want to get shredded and hook up with girls on Tinder. All the best, OP. We're all gonna make it.

One less fit person is one less in the gene pool. Stay unfuckable fatty

Listen dude, you want the fitness redpill? I got it right here:
>YOU HAVE TO DO THIS FOR YOURSELF OR NOT AT ALL
If you don't *want* to do it then you *won't* do it.
Any other reason to do this is *bullshit* and you will *fail*.
So if you don't *want* to do it, *don't do it*. It's really that simple.

for the upcoming race war
if you dont lose fat, you will be the first to drop

Attached: DimwittedUntidyAfricanbushviper-size_restricted.gif (400x300, 252K)

Sounds like your problem is that youre being a huge faggot

why are you here

>this sub
This had better be bait.

The genuine answer:

If you fully throw yourself into it, fitness will redefine your life. It'll give you a schedule to work everything else around and teach you discipline and also you feel fucking fantastic after you kill a workout in the morning and then face the day. You get fit for yourself.

If you think of it in terms of "worth it or not" you never even stand a chance to begin with user. The journey itself is the enjoyable part, lifting is fun.

Attached: 1556254107292.jpg (958x958, 61K)

Because an overwhelming majority of both strangers and people close to you either consciously or unconsciously view you with disgust.

Attached: 1556174676023.png (633x579, 290K)

Kys

I think you meant to say board there, slim.

We aren't cheerleaders. Post shit, get shit on. Ask for help and if it's not already on the goddamned sticky we will give advice. It's hard to be upset though, your life sounds like punishment enough for being a disinterested cunt.

for the lulz of course

Attached: images (4).jpg (550x440, 34K)

> "well, this might be what people want"
> stopped going to the gym
doing it for external factors will ultimately lead to frustration only. Find peace within yourself and expand from that point onwards.

The reason I lift is the halo effect.

People like and are more willing to trust/work with/spend time with someone who is attractive. This effect is insanely powerful and will show itself across family, friends, coworkers and every other interaction with humans.

Yes, we are a shitty shallow race. But its true and it works. Also health and stuff.

So you can kill and eat smaller people at the gym. Therefore establishing your dominance in the swolearchy

Attached: surf the kali yuga.jpg (600x600, 37K)

So that you can become a real human being you fat fuck

Every man should see what his body is capable before age takes that chance from him. Die knowing your greatness.

Die fighting smaller males.

As a manlet, I do not have that option.

Die fighting larger males

Ye

>5 ft 8
>295 lbs
Post body.

Exactly this. We are not going to waste our time convincing you that you are a disgusting excuse for a man.

/thread

THIS! based and redpilled

Attached: 1546140090728.jpg (2048x1536, 632K)

S

clearly the answer is so you can marry a beautiful qt like pic related or

Attached: 1aa2ce16833f675beb28f7e7b462b24f.jpg (780x1053, 147K)

There's intrinsic value in being fit.
Socrates said that no man should live his life without seeing what his body can achieve physically, and Plato said that true success can only come from having a sound mind and fit body

Attached: IMG_20180922_130252.jpg (750x706, 80K)

You'll live longer and age better. You might not care about it right now since you're young. But you will once you get in your 40s and 50s.

Working out also makes you less depressed. Something to do about more serotonin or some shit, i don't remember.

Working out is like brushing your teeth.

Your quality of life will improve immensly. There is no reason to be at least somewhat active and at healthy weight.

>5'8 295lbs
>doesn't care about fashion
bro im sorry but u are probably disgusting irl. tell me, why would u not want to look ur best? is spending 4hrs a week in the gym too much for u???

Are you aware that not being healthy can and will affect your life negatively?
Do you think health is just a meme or something?