QTDDTOT - ask anything edition

QTDDTOT thread
Last one What happens if i dont reach my target calories for the day? I am supposed to eat +2700 calories per day(1.90m,78kg) but i dont belive it reach the target even tho' i eat quite a lot and after ever meal i feel full. I workout 3-4 times a week, full body.

Attached: 1555764116382.jpg (428x604, 42K)

you will lose weight

but it will also affect the gains?

Attached: 1519765272004.jpg (251x201, 10K)

430 calories worth of tofu has 52.5g of protein in it. Aside from the soiboi memes, is there anything wrong with having this as a staple part of my diet?

And seriously, is the whole soi=estrogen meme founded on anything except negligible research data?

I want to go to the gym today but I'm in work all day. I plan to go at 11pm after I finish my shift, will consuming a protein bulk shake 8 hours prior to the session be a waste?

If i'm losing 0.4kg BW per week does it mean i'm at a 400kcal deficit?

No it won't. Just don't let that protein shake be your only meal of the day

was thinking of getting a not so expensive fitness watch to track my sleep quality, my steps and some other neat stuff
sick of bringing my phone everywhere

any suggestions? was looking at Polar A370

I'm basically allergic to everything. 10 years ago, my doctor told me to take vitamine pills and I have been doing it ever since.
My question is, might taking one pill every day cause any damage to your liver over such a long period of time?
I have not found anything on Google about this, but there are bodybuilders and drug addicts who take multiple pills everyday.

redpill me on leangains/martin berkhan and kinobody

is their minimalist approach really the way for natties to be as big and lean as possible?
I mean high frequency and volume works if you decrease intensity but wouldn't increasing intensity and decreasing the rest provide the same results? which is why they advice heavy ass weights using RPT?

my legs are big from mid thigh to waist but the lower portion looks small if I have shorts on unless they're pulled up, same shit sideways where they look huge both my quads and hammies but then from the back or front small too

how do I grow the lower portion of my quads if its even possible, bulgarian split squats?

do you need to take vitamin k2 if you supplement vit d3?

pls respond

lads, i fucked some ugly gal last night after a lot of drinking, i usually don't fuck ugly girls, but this was my first time and i'm feeling so sick about it today, what do?

Losing weight = no gains

drink more. feel good for making an ugly girl feel attractive.

How do I into lats if my routine is dumbbell-based? There's an outdoor gym with monkey bars where I live but I'm too fat to do a single pullup

can someone tell me if i'm calculating my TDEE correctly with tdeecalculator.net
i'm doing PPLPPLx but I work in an office so I'm sedentary other than the 45-60 mins i work out 6 days.
22 years old, 183cm 75.5kg and using Light Exercise setting shows 2,966 bulk calories per day - is this right?

im bulking and i just binged post workout and ate all of my calories post workout and it;s only midday.

is this okay? shall i have a protein shake around 6pm so i can still build muscle?

how long do calories count after eating? i shit shat my dinner out almost 10 minutes immediately afterward (it didn't sit right with my stomach) and i'm wondering if i should replace those calories

No, not necessarily.
you don't need one nruh
as long as you're withing your RDAs, no
no

I have multiple questions that all somewhat relate to eachother. For the sake of background: I lost about 10 kg in the last year, and currently fluctuate between 78 and 81 kg (which is on the upper end of a healthy BMI for my height, which is 180cm). I look skinnyfat and try to get rid of it.

1. I know the solution is lifting weights, but should I go for low reps and high weight or high reps and low weight? I see contradictory evidence, with some people saying you need to pack muscle so you need to go heavy, with others saying high rep low weight burns more fat (which is my goal: to get my fat-muscle ratio in order).
2. Sometimes I don't feel DOMS after exercising. Does this mean I need to work out harder, or can I have an effective workout without feeling DOMS later? If it's the latter, how do I know that I did well? I'm afraid of wasting a lot of time and effort doing nothing useful.
3. How important are rest days? I know it's important to let your muscles recover and grow, but if I don't feel DOMS can I just skip rest day? Or should I religiously observe rest days regardless of DOMS?
4. Is joint pain something to worry about or evidence that my joints are developing along with my muscles? I currently try to avoid joint pain and go for lighter weight once my joints start hurting, but I have noticed that sometimes my ankles/knees start hurting even if I do bodyweight squats. Is that just because I'm not flexible and my ankles/knees will get "better" the more I train squats?

I'll fully admit I'm a newfag and I just want to get rid of this skinnyfat body I've been cursed with despite my efforts in losing weight.

Attached: 1550629189218.png (225x250, 52K)

kek, that actually makes sense in a weird way, some random hot girl came up to and started to kiss me, so i don't know how i ended up with the ugly one. I just don't want other people to know, i'm so embarrassed

Anyone used a neck harness?

Any good form video or tutorial how to use. Everytime I try it doesn't seem to fire up the right muscles.

Attached: straightouttadyelneck.jpg (275x275, 15K)

1. Go heavy. Resistance training isn't for losing weight. A low-cal diet and cardio are. Can't go wrong with aiming for 3 sets, 8 reps each. Just don't be a retard and practice your form before you go heavy so you don't injure yourself.
2. Don't worry about getting or not getting DOMS, as long as you're lifting till failure, you're good.
3. Your muscles break down during workout and grow back with interest during rests days. Observe your rest days.
4. You don't want to power through joint pain. Have someone make sure your form is okay and make sure to do your warmups.

Read the fucking sticky reeeeeeeeeeeee

Thanks Doc

i recently started exercising and for the last day or 2 I've had groin pain. It's in that area above my dick and below my belly. It's not agonizing but it's uncomfortable what do I do

Use less weight when exercising your legs. Your joints have to get used to that pressure

you didn't digest the food if you shit it out that quick so you should eat again.

Are there any good 5 day upper/lower splits that have more upper body hypertrophy volume and have
some kind of strength progression?

hey bros, my mom wants to buy treadmill, i have no clue about treadmills, what criteria should i look at when buying?
also, what would be good exercises for 50+ yo folks? i recommended her simply lifting 2L bottles for now. they go on the walks, but i doubt that's enough.

if i hit my target of 2g protein/kg and but hit my target of 2700 calories will i still build muscle?

Attached: 1519764313616.png (612x491, 98K)

If you go to the gym regularly, yes.
I think the ones from LifeFitness are the best, but they might be a might too pricy for you, I don't know what your budget is.
Try to get a used one

I'm a skinny fag who had some dress shirts tailored last month. While I've only been working out for a month or so, they're almost too tight. My nipples show, or well the shadow of the nipple does. I have an interview tomorrow and wanted to work out for the feel good look good, but now I'm concerned I may have to put some bandaids over the nips or find some thicker undershirts.

For those who work in a suit and tie, should I leave some room to grow the next time I get new shirts or have these ones re done.

i go 3-4 times a week, full body workout, is that enough ?

Attached: 1540647845487.png (1022x1146, 494K)

Yes of course! Everyone who says you have to go every day is either memeing or on steroids.
If you lift properly and eat the right food you will lose fat but gain weight, because muscle is denser than fat.

I think you should convince her to go for a bike instead. Lower impact and all that. They'll probably use the bike longer than the threadmills. (I mean years.)

so, is it possible to cut( not hit the target of 2700 calories per day) and gain muscle at the same time?

Attached: v0m2c7uswae11.png (500x500, 73K)

the idea behind treadmill is that she can use it when it rains, on winters, etc.
i know, it's stupid, treadmills are shit, no one buys them at home, but it's their money, i don't care.
money is not the issue, i'd rather have something that won't break every now and then. thanks for the suggestion, i will check it out.

how much proton per lbs if I'm 12 % bf?

I don't know what you're doing wrong. Perhaps the "." in "75.5" breaks it.

Attached: Screenshot_20190428-171937.jpg (1080x2447, 559K)

KHV here, assuming I'll ever get a gf what muscles should I train to be good at secks

Attached: 1556349069836.jpg (626x625, 112K)

Jeff says DB rows. I've never tried them but I'm going to start incorpotating them on days I diddly next week.

hipthrusters and glutes i guess. And pelvic floor(kegels)

Yes, but you will build muscles way faster when you're not on a calorie defecit. 2700 should be fine

I want to be spitroasted by scooby and his husband, sliding back and forth on a skateboard while I get alternately penetrated. How can I make this happen?

When working out should I focus on two things? like biceps/chest Legs/triceps ect?

Also just worked out and failed a few reps but I don't exactly feel "sore" compared to other times i've worked out, is that good or bad? I haven't been lifting for long.

>Liquid shits everytime I drink a whey shake with Milk

Is this normal?

For your height and weight 3000 seems a bit low, but a sure way to know is to just weigh yourself every day over the course of a month and see how you progress. if you gain 2-4lbs in a month on that diet, consider it a success, otherwise, up the caloric intake.

theres this exercise you can do to work up to pullups, I cant remember the name but you basically hold onto the bar as if you were going to do a pullup, jump up so your head clears the bar, and then do a very controlled descent from there. I guess the idea is that you're using all the same muscles in the negative, and it's more plausible if you're not very strong yet.

is 2700 a caloric excess for you, or is it the amount you need to maintain? You just gotta eat more than you burn lad.

yeah, usually pairing muscle groups together is a good idea, you should look into Push Pull Legs, as it'll help you get an understanding of some of the logic of what muscles people traditionally work together.

The sore feeling isn't connected to muscle growth necessarily, and after a certain point you won't feel that often or at all. If it doesn't feel sore your body is probably just used to the movement now, which is good.

Is there a way to prevent having your quads being basically useless after leg day?

I live on the second floor and even sitting down and getting up is difficult.

I don't want to skip my legs, I just want to recover faster. I'm taking 2 scoops of ON Whey and I believe meeting my protein intake daily.

Should I look into a BCAA powder?

How much of the V shaped upper body is genetic? I've been working out for about a year now, and I've definitely made improvements in that area, but it shows more on my back than facing forward.

Will I get more noticeable definition on the front of my lats as time goes on, or is that a genetic thing to do with like, shoulder breadth relating to waist size?

Are you newer to working out? What's your routine for leg day?

Post exercise stretching, and RICE will alleviate it somewhat.

Been doing it almost 3 months. Used to be a big gym rat in high school though. I also work 12 hour days in a factory.

Dumbbell Press or OHP
Squats if there is a rack open.
Arnold's
Leg Press
Front Lat Raises
Side Lat Raises
Calf Extensions
Reverse Flies

I do 3 to 4 sets of all of these and the last 1 or 2 sets are to near failure. Also I've been putting a conscious effort in to try and work Abs more frequently.

I pretty much go until I can't stop. I likely am over training the shit outta myself. Today was my day one and I was doing the lat raises until I could barely with my shoulder.

Been trying to stretch more and it's helped a bit. What is RICE though?

Also would doing light lunges help with recovery?

Is my body weirdly unproportional after few months of SS?

Attached: 20190428_204336.jpg (967x1000, 278K)

any good ab exercises to fix anterior pelvic tilt?
i think my posture is fucking up my dl gains, i think i'd get more out of it with a stronger core.

Training to failure every day is not the worst, but there are better ways to build muscle/ strength, depending on your goals. Are you following a program, or did you just put that stuff together yourself? 3 months is still pretty fresh, so its also a possibility that you're still adjusting to the lifting again generally.

Lads, i'm feeling depressed a lot lately, i feel like my days are empty and i'm just waisting time

I don't think so. you're referring to legs looking a little more developed than arms/ shoulders, right? you just don't have a ton of muscle yet, just keep working it at.

*wasting

Technically threw it together myself but I watched a lot of Jeff videos to educate myself so it's not like I went in full blown blind.

I do Legs/Shoulders Day 1, Biceps/Back Day 2, and Chest/Triceps Day 3.

When you get your calories and protein doesnt really matter. Your body releases enzymes and slows its progression through your gut. You will absorb everything.

Idk about anterior peliv tilt specifically, but leg raises and weighed crunches are both really good for building core strength, so you could start with those?

Yeah I'm still benching barely over one plate and OHP is only 42kg.
I gained 8kg in those few months, but I don't know where it all went because I still have stick arms.

Yeah, that's pretty classic PPL. You got 6 or so assistant exercises which is a little excessive, but I mean, that's to your own discretion. I'd say your paths at this point are to take intensity down or just bear it. my legs were always shot early on in my lifting, but it eventually stopped being that way, it'll probly go that way for you too.

Part of the reason for so many assistant exercises is I'm going to PF right now so it's a lot of smith machines which limits to a degree what I can do.

Building strength will always lead to building muscle, but depending on your genetics it may show less or more. I'd say stick with your SS or whatever strength work you're doing until you start to plateau, or you've been at it closer to ~10 months, then you can comfortably switch to a hypertrophy program for a while.

i'll try some leg raises, should get some grip strength out of it as well, right? i'll try it, thanks!

even with that in mind, you could try to hone in on better assistant exercises for what you're trying to do.

For some perspective I'm doing the exact same split as you, doing shoulders/ legs yesterday, and this is what my routine was

OHP
Squat
Pullups
Front Raises
Side Raises
Face Pulls
Split Squat
Core

Actually now that I type this out, I'm doing a really similar amount of work as you. I do all the assistant work 4x10, but that's also cause I'm doing a hypertrophy block right now, if you're trying to strength train I'd bump it down to 3x8's at a higher RPE.

kek didn't notice it at all

Yeah, it can help with that an amount. combination of that + pullups every day, and I haven't had to do any extra work for grip strength in a little while.

Protein shakes. I know nothing about them. Do I buy a cup with a lid, put one scoop in the cup and fill the rest with milk, put on lid and shake then drink it? How do I know what ratio of scoop to milk is? What if I use too little milk? Can I replace my breakfast with a protein shake?

Attached: 1497188396217.jpg (251x218, 8K)

Usually whatever protein you have will have instructions on the side for how many scoops + how much liquid. And yeah, get a shaker bottle, you can find them in like, every sports goods or fitness store.

Also, don't replace meals with it, even if you're trying to cut, make sure you're always getting some solid food in you.

I'm a skinnyfat 5'7 manlet fuck. Currently at 138lbs but I'm at like 16% bf so I'm on a cut. I'm on Ivysaur 4-4-8 for the past weeks and I'm going just fine managing to keep the strenght that I have and even developing a little bit even while on a deficit.

Question is: considering I'm so light, should I really cut to 12% bf? I'm mainly trying to lose the guy since I look okayish on a shirt but I'll probably look like a hungry skeleton at 130lbs.

>And seriously, is the whole soi=estrogen meme founded on anything except negligible research data?

No. Ignore it.

How long should I wait after passing a kidney stone before getting back into lifting?

You should get your test levels checked desu.

My Bodyweight Is About 70 Kg and im 5'7
I can Squat 70Kg x8 DL 90Kg x8 my Bench is 60kg x8 and my max ohp is 50kg x3 What can i do about my Lifts being so unproportional I dont really work any muscle more than the other so i dont get why its so unproportional

Eat a Mars bar

Is there any recipe for protein whole bread that any of you had tried and doesnt taste like complete garbage? Or any kind of bread for that matter, the lesser the calories the better

i'm gonna go to the gym for the first time, SS for 3 months or so then im switching. I'm still fat so can i lift in a 800 cal deficit and still make good progress/build a little muscle like this pic says.

Attached: 1555640328618.jpg (1664x1529, 698K)

Any opinions on this routine? AxxAxBx

A:
3x8 Chins
3x5 Highbar squats
3x8 Dips
3x5 DL
3x5 OHP
some core work

B:
3x8 Chins
3x8 Pushups
sprints

swimming on off days

Did I fuck up by getting rid of bench? How soon till my back explodes?

Full rang of motion high bar squats will really hit your vastus medialis (lower quad)

50kg OHP, 120kg Squat, 130kg Deadlift, 70kg Bench (3x5). Currently on 531BBB as I can't use any machines (homegym). Not quite sure where to go from there. Atm I'm trying to get lean for the first time ever (cutting). Current bodyweight: 90 kg at 193 cm. Keep on cutting? Planning on lean bulking after the cut.

Attached: 050419.jpg (3024x4032, 2.88M)

Used to go to the school around the corner from my house to do pullups/chinups with their equipment. They recently shut it down to the public though, can someone recommend a good bar to use at home?

>buy coarse spelt flakes to replace my muesli, as I might be intolerant to oats
>package says I can cook it for ten minutes or use as the basis for muesli
>muesli doesn’t require any cooking
So what’s the deal here? How does using it as muesli suddenly remove the need for cooking?

i guess is excess? i am using a random calorie calcualtor from the internet and it says i need to consume 2700 calories if i exercise 1-3 times a week( it i check that i dont exercise at all, it shows i need to consume 2200 calories)

Attached: 1553125846189.jpg (236x236, 8K)

Is this a meme or worth getting?

Attached: DD716B2A-EF72-482E-84D8-3855AE365274.png (2048x1536, 666K)

The scale shows that I gained 5lbs after a day of binge eating and drinking. What should I do?

I've been doing this routine for the last few weeks, is it good?

A
Bench press 3x5
Barbell row 8x5
Cable curls + V-bar push down 4x15
Abs

B
Squats 3x5
Rack pull 5x5
Reverse grip curls 4x15
Abs

ABAxABx

BP: 90kg; Row: 90kg; Squat: 78kg; Rack pull: 150kg (Squat is lagging bc I'm recovering from lesion)
I've been able to add 1kg every session but it's getting harder
Besides the weightlifting, I'm only doing bw chin-ups and dips at home

How often do you wash your mouthpieces?
How do you do it?

Nice trips.
I'm assuming you could make the exact same thing with parts from Home Depot or similar for way less money.

>what do I know

How much does drinking really hinder building muscle? Does drinking the night of a workout or the night after affect muscle building more?

if I'm starting lifting overweight should I not supplement creatine / protein powder

is it realistic for a close grip bench to be almost as high as my normal bench.

Normal bench 225x8
close grip 225x1

on close grip my hands are inside the soft area

Whey is fine
Creatine is a maybe

My ankles hurt after standing for a lng time. How can I fix this? Especially bad since I started a desk job. I have a short leg so I struggle to keep even footing sometimes.

Attached: 1513187869176.jpg (241x209, 17K)