6-pack General

All things six pack related! This thread is for people who are on the journey to getting that first reveal of their core muscles. Post stories, inspo, questions, mires, etc

Attached: 4DC05C81-2765-4D8F-9AF7-467F11E26967.jpg (2048x2048, 446K)

>be me OP
>always was a fatty is Hs
>never seen my 6 pack
>didn’t even consider that I could ever achieve one
>6 years after a few failed attempts
>in front of mirror flexing after leg/ab day
>finally seeing the tops two rows
>if I pull my belly skin down I see my entire pack
>feels good man
Beach here I come

Attached: 35653E9F-9DF2-4E52-B15F-5BAF57CB25F7.jpg (415x738, 38K)

loose skin?

No I don’t think I have loose skin. Like if I pull my fatty skin down. To pull away that last later if fat

i can see upper abs when flexing, mid to bottom is still invisible tho. prob just gotta lose more weight
what do u guys do for abs? i just do
>3x10 hanging leg raise
>3x15-20 decline crunches

You're almost there, just a few more kilos to go, my man.

Thanks bro
Chek’d
>toe to bars
>planks
>sit-ups
>(fave) cable crunches

>never see six pack in life
>was skinny until around 11-13 until i discovered xbox live and never left my house again
>lmfao 240lbs senior in highschool
>start gymcelling
>fail multiple times and fatrelapse
>finally figure it out after years trying different things and learning
>drop to 153lbs
>no abs
>no muscle definition at all
>just a not fat version of my fat self.

HAHAHAHHAHAHA
I WISH YOU GUYS KNEW WHAT THAT FEELS LIKE.

MAKE SURE YOU WATCH YOUR FUCKING PROTEIN INTAKE AND FUCKING DO ABS ALL THE TIME. THE REASON CHAD HAS ABS IS BECAUSE HE HAS BEEN DOING SITUPS AND RUNNING AROUND LIKE A MANIAC SINCE HE WAS 10

Anyway i think im going to finally make it this year. For the first time ever i can see the second row of abs

>(BTW anybody who gets excited about the first row is getting excited for no reason , its mainly created by the fat fold where your chest meets your abdomen)

Attached: D4KDbrsWkAYkHuF.jpg (721x1200, 114K)

Former fatass here, went from 114.2 kg (251lbs) and am currently at 85.1(187.1) lbs. I dont workout besides doing some daily pushups, crunches and sometimes planks. I dropped that in about 4 months with OMAD. My question is, how longer do i need to go until i get to an acceptable body fat where abs will pop out and what are the best exercises i can do for them to popout. Also should i start intensifying my ab workout with more exercises right now or wait until i drop some more weight?

Attached: 1555278757492.jpg (300x265, 9K)

>6-pack general
There’s already a dedicated /fat/ thread you stupid ape.

1.protein protein protein
2.ab exercises. people who say you dont need them are dumb dumb faggots

Depending on your height and how much muscle you have you should see them popping (if you have them) anywhere from 160 to 140lbs

>y-you only have a six pack c-cause youre skinny
why do fat people say this?

I literally never isolate abs and I still have them. You’re the retard who trains like a baby and that’s why you look like shit. Heavy compounds WILL indirectly work your abs.

How to stop swinging at hanging leg raises? Avoiding it because I dont want to look like a monkey in the gym.

Started 40 mg of anavar. Hopefully should help lose abdominal fat

okay chad this is a fat people thread keep on moving.

Easier way to make your abs pop is fast as long as you have enough muscle development there for it to be noticeable. But compound exercises should be crucial for your development and also remember to do a specific core exercise day once a week. This is me pic related

Attached: A757828F-19B0-4D2C-9BAF-12E96C95EAFC.jpg (1100x1797, 268K)

u just gotta practice it my man. eventually u will develop technique & strength for u not to swing. but you can start out with easier variation, so do knee raises just at first, and then gradually extend ur legs a bit every week.

I'm at this stage myself but it didn't take me 6 years, just started a few months ago doing heavy 30 min cardio after my workouts and definition followed

Eh nobody really cares if you do hanging exercises, but if you really don’t want to do it in the gym you can buy a pull up bar

forgot about that, im 6'2"

>6-pack General
>posts a 4-pack

Attached: 6.png (813x1048, 838K)

probly around 160.

just make sure you are doing exercises that target them and eating enough protein that they can grow

Does it seem like I have abs underneath the fat?

Also I'm convinced that ab roll outs are the single most effective core exercise, confirm or deny

Attached: 20190428_174542.jpg (4032x3024, 2.25M)

>tfw asymmetric zipper-like insertions
Would it be better to just not have my abs showing?

Attached: 67A7CE45-90D9-414A-90D0-C4145C3352A1.jpg (1080x1080, 95K)

what exercises would you advise besides the typical crunches, leg raises etc etc?

doing 2x1 minute plank a day got me a nice 6pack

Attached: 1555883453202.png (1000x630, 151K)

shit pic but yes it did

Attached: abs.png (746x665, 702K)

you know the deal timestamp or fake. Anyways, mirin those abs, not too defined but still very well visible and pleasently aesthetic

Attached: 1554470890579.jpg (600x350, 98K)

I'm 6'1 with a pack at 190 if that helps

Respond to my post
Jesus this board is useless

I would think about trying some squats and Russian twists with medicine balls

You’re not even close dude, at that level you could easily have abs showing you just have no muscle

>waits 15 mins
>useless
How are you expecting a response now? You fuck wit. Now I’m literally going to hold off on my advice cause eat shit

My bodyfat is clearly over 15%, are you retarded?

Delusional incel

Dude fck off with your small pecker and dyel physique

post body manlet

>so dumb can't even identify bodyfat percents
incel

Buddy you need to work your abs. You are very low bodyfat on your abdomen. I wish I was where you are at right now

Says the pasty chub

Its winter in europe, sorry I'm not a brazil monkey like you
Also how can I be chubby and still low enough bodyfat to show abs? Pick a stort incel

I can barely see the top row. I'm getting there.

Is doing abs hard twice a week enough? Like 5 sets dragon flags + ab roll or cable crunch

What is the optimal recovery time for abs? Is it better to train them light 4 days a week or hard 2 days

Attached: 1547944725866.jpg (640x800, 570K)

>projecting your insecurities that he is randomly Brazilian because other white people wouldn't make fun of me no way!

Kys polcel whiteoid beta

Deny. Pull ups are goat

Well this tread is fucked, good job tards.

Kek that wasn’t even me you low iq ape

I like to hit them 4/ week. They seem to recover severely quickly

i was fat my entire life since 8.

I've once cutted with CICO but i lost all kinds of gains and strenght. This time i did a ketogenic/carnivore diet for most of the days of the week i never went one week without cheats but i progress every week and stable without my strenght dropping.

Protip if you binge on vacation just fast yor 3 days and you get back on track.

I am not done yet greekgodmode should be activated by july.

Attached: 1FF0ABE8-BD2C-4A6F-93E5-5A66CC5CAE90.jpg (967x1069, 776K)

I'm turning 25, had a sixpack since I was 11, doesn't look like I'll lose it anytime soon. Thanks mum and dad

REALLY GOOD JOB MAN! NEVER LOOK BACK!

Looking good, time frame between pics and how much weight you lost?

Time between pics? Height/weight?

Ripped abs aren’t in anymore.
Women like to be able to see just some outline like I have (not flexing)

Attached: 22274E62-6061-4E1E-9D17-FA298CB16D59.jpg (1126x2002, 348K)

Went from this bloatlord at 5'11 80kg to 74kg in 2 months. Abs are still kinda flabby when I touch them I pretty much just feel fat, chest is also fat not much definition same with legs only some veins in my calves, arms are looking pretty vascular tho which is nice, I'd say I'm about 14-15%, still cutting hoping to look good when summer comes not enough muscle for otter but maybe I'll reach brad pitt in fight club mode or something.

Attached: progress.png (1080x1442, 2.04M)

really good stuff dude, I'm always impressed by a fatty that takes control of their life

can someone give me a bf% estimate?
>tfw starting to believe this might be the summer I finally make it

5'9 (and 3/4!!)"
80kg

Attached: IMG_20190428_021833__01__01__01__01.jpg (1523x3676, 846K)

You arent at 14%. 12% tops

you look way better keep going

Picture might be too flattering. I've still got tons of fat in my lower abs n chest, the sides of my abs look really fuckin lean tho it's kinda funny, like the whole outline of my abs is visible with deep cuts but the abs themselves are flabby.

t. brazilian monkey

timeframe is like 1 year but i was lean after 6 months went on maintenance over the cold wintermonths to build some legs because they were like fucking sticks.185cm, 76 kgsthanks brah i would say like 12% i wouldn't cut much longer

lazyass retard coper found
And I don't even see an outline cocksucker

Fuck, that's mein goal body

What compounds hit abs plz?

Pretty much every compound movement. Squats, deadlifts, overhead press, pull ups. Still recommend isolating your core though.

Open your eyes, Chang
Also your 5’6 120lb six pack doesnt mean anything to actual humans

I'm very similar, but lifting on and off for a year and a half (and only really into in for 2-3 months)
neverending cut though,at 17.4% fat now

I do all of these, and I feel squats in my legs and butt, deadlifts in my lower back, ohps in my shoulders, rows and pullups in my lats. And all of these muscles are getting bigger. I never feel any of those really putting stress on my abdominal muscles though. I'm sure they get some use in the compounds, but it just can't be much.

I like compounds, but I don't think they do much for abs.

They do, you're probably not breathing/bracing correctly.

Training core can improve compounds.

Is this a 6-pack?

Attached: 20190428_153932.jpg (792x997, 373K)

Think so, looking pretty lean, shave the hair and you'll have more definition

> breathing/bracing
Would you want to expand on that? I'm still pretty much in DYEL mode, only recently having figured out the correct technique for benching and making good gains after I took a months long break during winter and plateauing in autumn. Charitable people are telling me I look fantastic and I do look better than I ever have, but I know I'd have to lose some 10lb more fat to have visible abs in summer and I'm not sure I actually wanna be that skinny, as even summers are cold here.

Additional info: is identical to me (stop posting, alternate personality of mine)

What are your lifts?
Bracing is very important to ensure correct technique/no form breakdown and minimize injury risk. There's many tutorials on Youtube which go over it more thoroughly, but to briefly explain how it works: First you take a deep breath through your mouth into your belly while tensing your abs, if you do this correctly your stomach should stick out and be really hard. Then you execute the movement and after you are back to the starting position/have finished the rep, you exhale and do the same thing for the rest of your reps. Bracing is even more important when you lift heavy by the way.

am i the only one seeing the outline of an 8 pack? Jesse is that you?

My lifts are DYEL shit, I just barely hit 1 plate bench, squats 1½ and 2½ on deadlift. Rows are 1½, ohp 34kg. All 5x5 but rapidly improving due to me going to the gym every day now (I blame my plateauing last year on only going 3 times a week tops as a natty 40 year old)

You may wanna do SS instead, since you're still making those noobie gains, it appears. With adequate sleep, food and some luck you could easily get to 1/2/3/4 by the end of the year.

Before was about six weeks ago, after about five days. I've got six weeks until a beach holiday. Am I gonna make it brahs?

Attached: IMG_20190428_210855.jpg (1564x1564, 710K)

Worst case scenario you just gotta fast for a while, no biggie

no it's a blurry photo

Thanks bro. You've helped me focus.

No problem mate, I recommend doing alternate-day fasting while heavy lifting on your eating days to maintain as much mass as possible.

I kinda did "the gist of SS" (without reading the book) last year until I plateaued. Couldn't get benches to work right (stuck at 50kg) and stopped pushing myself on the rest, started experimenting, got depressed and overworked in winter, stopped working out at all. Working out hard all spring though. Doing my own thing, just focussing on 5x5 on the heavy compounds and increasing the weight when I find it too easy or I feel the need to push it. Mostly focusing on the back because IT work has given me a hunched over posture. But it's nice to be getting bigger and stronger, and am now curious about what it's like to look good with your shirt off. But am feeling like the compounds I'm doing, while great for the back, aren't doing much for the abs. Would like to optimize.

Not the best pic but you can for sure look a lot better in 6 weeks, some abs are doable I think.

1 week of water fasting = ~5% less BF
You're probably around 22% and you want 12%
So ~2 weeks of water fasting.

No this is Patrick

not him, but what exactly should I do to prepare for a week long water fast? I've peeked into your threads before and I've seen stuff about something you guys call "snake juice"

Fuck snake juice. First thing you should do is get on Keto and I mean now. Fasting is "keto" because you're eating your own body fat, and the step of going from a glycogenic to a ketogenic metabolism can be a lot more stressful than the step of "just stop eating for a week" when you're already on keto.

1. Go on Keto. For a least a week. You will suffer and then get used to it. Keep lifting.
2. Go on OMAD (still keto) This will teach you that you don't need to be hungry and eat all day. This will be easy. Do this for a week, too, or less if you're confident. Keep lifting.
3. Stop eating. You're already fasting for 23 hours of the day, you just add 1 more hour of fasting.
4. You could keep not eating until you've got your desired body fat percentage. But you will be nervous as fuck and so you probably just want to give yourself a 6 day. Eat your last meal on sunday, and break fast on the next sunday again. You can take a break from lifting during this phase, if you want.
5. After realizing how fucking easy it is and you feel like the goddamn buddha who doesn't need food, eat keto/omad for another week and then fast again for another week.

Whole "program" takes 5 weeks and you still got 1 emergency week to go for your 6 week mark.

Vitamins, bone broth, "snake juice" and all that bullshit, you don't need that at all shit. Just water. If your BMI is 50 and you could go for months without eating before you look like a human being again and you want to actually fast for 3 months in a row, you probably want to get in some bone broth daily to balance the electrolytes. You don't really need vitamins if you're not eating (most of the vitamins are only expended to deal with the chemical downsides of eating food anyways)

sure but how do I refeed? Won't eating again after a fast fucking kill me if I do it wrong?

lol, stop worrying. Fasting is the most natural process in the world, your body is made for it, just like it is made for making babies. You will see.

When "refeeding", you're still eating keto and that means tons of lard, i.e. quality animal fats. That stuff is super satiating and you will know when you've had enough. You will just eat a normal omad meal for breaking fast and then eat the next omad meal the next day.

And if you feel hungry while fasting, just ride it out, drink a glass of water. Hunger comes in waves, like, your body remembers that yesterday you ate around this hour, but if you've done keto/omad for a bit, you already know that.

Ab wheel, my friend. A lot of ab wheel. Not only does it work all of the abs, but also serratus anterior if you do it right(watch Jeff)

>It's winter in Europe

Nope, one month from now it'll be summer

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAPPP

>tfw shit ab insertions
fuck this gay earth.

nta but it was literally snowing today

the key is patience, my friends

patience and consistency. just keep a steady course my bruhs.

Ugh