Would doing SL 5x5 but squats only on A workout prevent T REX?

Attached: am i retarded.jpg (665x574, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

muscleandstrength.com/workouts/jason-blaha-ice-cream-fitness-5x5-novice-workout
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Do SS instead. T-rex mode is mostly a meme.

I squat on first and third, diddly on second.

this post is beyond retarded. you want to run a shit program and modify it so that the only thing it does well, build legs, is also shit.
get your brain checked bro

Do greyskull lp

too little work

>do SS
>no do SL, SS doesn't have enough volume
>don't do SL, its a waste of time, who the fuck lifts just the bar, do GS
>GS too little work
WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO

PPL unironically.

>>GS too little work
Do some cardio later then.

SS and GSLP are great programs (plus GSLP lets you get as much or as little volume as you nees), and SS has an absolutely fantastic book to go along with it
SL is just a meme, and is inferior to Starting Strength in everything from ideology, the methodology behind the program, accounting for individual training needs, progression, etc.

Read the fucking book.

i'd have to buy a book then pay additional money for ordering it, no thanks fuck off cunt

You could easily google it. I see you are a lost cause.

oh i see, that changes things. sorry for the earlier.

SL and SS are the same fucking program lmao. Do practical programming, fuck power cleans.

SL to me is the retarded version of the Reg Park Beginner routine.

T-rex mode will happen if you don't workout the rest of your body. Just don't ignore upper body shit and you'll be fine.
>women

Attached: dexter morgan blinking.gif (200x235, 1.29M)

Don’t decrease lower body volume, increase upper body volume. Add chin-ups and dips to each their day.

This, t rex mode is a fucking meme OP, only retards forgot to do accessories with SS.

You will get big legs, but everything else will get big along the way. You aren't meant to run it forever, 6 months at max.

>only retards forgot to do accessories with SS.
DONT FUCK WITH THE PROGRAM is constantly spat out across the net user.
Accusing the ignorant noobs who put their faith in that program that promised them the moon of being fools is an evil that I can not abide.
You people are scumbags and you should stop telling people to do those shitty programs.

I am trex mode. I embrace it. I am proud of it. You will only become trex mode if you are meant to be. And if you are, then embrace it like me and be proud of your ancestors. Mog the entire gym with your squat and DL.

Attached: Trex1.jpg (400x400, 32K)

No he needs to add accessory lifts. 10 reps and a couple or more sets to the arms and shoulders.

It actually says this in the sticky.

SS has a entire section for accessory lifts and tells you to add chin ups and power cleans after two weeks?

SS but actually read the book and post your form every workout to the forums. Do the basic SS
Squat Press Deadlift
Squat Bench Deadlift
for 2 weeks. After that, increase the deadlift every other session, but do an extra set on the days you don't increase. Also a good idea to do empty bar work 3x5 on bench/press on the days you don't use working weight. Do that for 6 weeks. At this point you'll have learnt to rep the 4 lifts with consistent form. Don't ever grind. SL has junk volume that would be better spent learning more movement patterns.
Then decide why you're actually lifting.
To keep increasing those 4 lifts, look at the Bridge by Barbell Medicine.
To powerlift, switch to the powerlifting to win novice program.
For aesthetics, you want something similar to AlphaDestiny's novice program. However, consider the frame you have and which muscles you need to grow to make it look good. Do isolations for these focusing on overloading the eccentric portion of the lift. You need to isolate abs.
To oly lift, spend the next 4 months on mobility drills, squatting and overhead strength.

The T-rex is caused by not increasing the volume the upper body experiences, and by a lack of eccentric loading on the arms. Not by too much squatting.

Do ICF

It's SS/GSLP with all the accessories done for you

muscleandstrength.com/workouts/jason-blaha-ice-cream-fitness-5x5-novice-workout

Don't listen to these DYELs

Don't follow routines blindly try to understand what you are doing
I followd SL5x5 and became a T-Rex
I say make your own routine do all main lifts 2x a week increase bench and ohp 2.5 kilos each week and squat and deadlift 5 kilos