Tfw an atheist or a materialist have a near-death experience (NDE) and realize that they have been wrong about there...

>tfw an atheist or a materialist have a near-death experience (NDE) and realize that they have been wrong about there being no afterlife

Attached: 1522299069867.jpg (891x717, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_2nyNomnAL8
horizonresearch.org/Uploads/Journal_Resuscitation__2_.pdf
digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc799144/m2/1/high_res_d/vol21-no1-5.pdf
amazon.com/Science-Near-Death-Experience-Consciousness-Survives/dp/1594773564/
amazon.com/Self-Does-Not-Die-Experiences/dp/0997560800/
amazon.com/Art-Dying-Peter-Fenwick/dp/0826499236/
trans4mind.com/spiritual/Does-consciousness.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>see you were wrong, these hallucinations you had while your mind was fading prove it!

Stop it with this psyop you fucking faggot. I've heard you post this so much and you don't even post anything or any argument that's actually intelligent at all but just anedoctes, you brainlet.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 55K)

If there is one thing you can always be certain of, it is that philosophers will be deeply rustled by the notion that NDEs are relevant to whether an afterlife exists or not.

Classic reaction, by the way, and thank you for proving my point.

Attached: 1522299003653.png (505x505, 351K)

You don't need that to realize being an materialist/monist is retarded. Those tards throw out abstract entities (i.e. values, logic, truth etc.) and call them all made up illusions, subjective and not true. Throwing out values and logic and truth you cannot function anymore. It makes absolutely no sense, and they don't actually believe the world is materialistic/monistic. Every reasonable person will claim to be dualistic (material and supernatural), though most aren't equipped to reason this out. However in practice everyone is a dualist, at the very least. The only logical option at that point is Christianity, due to the evidence for the veracity of the Bible. That's why every major religion uses the Bible. It's the only book to claim to be the words of God. No other book claims that, and thus they're opinions merely of men.

Who gives a shit what some philosopher thinks comes after? They aren't any less clueless than the rest.

NDEs, archetypal dream states and psychedelic experiences are all one in the same.
Now did the archetypes form religion or did religion form the archetypes? Perhaps their very well is a collective unconsciousness, but would religion do you subscribe that to?

OH SHIT I'M DYING
I CAN FEEL MY SOUL LEAVING MY BODY AND IT'S NOT GOING UP
I'M GOING DOWN

Attached: 120.gif (500x396, 616K)

Hell is noncanon

what happened OP, what did you see?

all the delusional spiritualists and religious people are roasties and naive men

youtu.be/_2nyNomnAL8

God did prepare some people to be objects of his wrath. At the end of times, there will be a sorting between the believers and the nonbelievers. The nonbelievers will be destroyed in hellfire.

I'm gonna guess white light, calming entity, inner peace, time doesnt exist.
Basically a natural DMT trip.

You say that, but it seriously didn't make any sense why you would have visions like that right before you die.
I have a neat death experience and passed out, when I woke up I remember something like a dream but it felt real and it felt like I was under for days, not seconds.

>waaah life is hard and a challenge
>Therefore, there is no creator entity of this entire universe

Classic teenager emotional atheist reasoning skills

Attached: 1523294188365.gif (576x713, 44K)

What is Christ speaking about all throughout the gospels then?

Do dmt, compare the experiences.

You are an actual idiot. Whenever someone says something you dont agree with you get incredibly butthurt and start calling them brainlets.

Attached: Cf1ap1kVIAATHoE.jpg (1200x1200, 120K)

>every major religion uses the bible
what is buddhism, hinduism, and islam

the burden of proof is on you. religion was only good for controlling women and enforcing monogamy but it doesnt do that anymore so theres no point

Protestantism is cucked, miss me with that shit. What sort of world is just where murderers can go to heaven just because they accept jesus before execution? Don't even get me started on supposed "free will" yet there's all the verses that support predestination.

it also doesn't make sense how you would take an NDE as proof of there being a metaphysical place of afterlife reserved specifically for highly evolved apes on a random planet but alright

OP you need to do heavy research on Jung and the collective unconscious.

Attached: e893856dfd4da6536c9755ce5c7e3396.jpg (691x894, 142K)

The burden of proof has already been fulfilled. It is neither my fault nor problem that you are not familiar with the totality of the data.

Attached: 1392026193195.jpg (631x675, 451K)

wow you accomplished nothing with all those words, allow me to clue you in. women are becoming atheists most of western society is becoming atheists so fix it and restore monogamy thats all i care about have a nice day

gospels are judiasm but refreshed for the time period. There is no mention of hell before it, no demons either.
"oh but muh Garden, muh Isaiah 14:12"
Look at the original words in hebrew and you'll easily see that the meaning is forced in the translation.
Also Paul does most of the talking in NT, why do we even give jesus credit

>The burden of proof has already been fulfilled
That's not how this works. This is why no one takes you seriously.

people are becoming atheists because they want freedom, not because lack of data. everything's pretty much a google search away now.

You can have both free will and predestination. The individual ramifications of the rivers and tributaries of space and time converge into one ultimate destiny: the destruction of everything. Even atheists agree.

yeah i know that. its leading to the collapse that we are already in the middle of

Kys hue monkey
Hes a brazilmutt, what can you expect?

Well, you are clearly not familiar with the data, so having an informed conversation about it with you here and now is clearly not possible. But, if you insist:

horizonresearch.org/Uploads/Journal_Resuscitation__2_.pdf
digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc799144/m2/1/high_res_d/vol21-no1-5.pdf
amazon.com/Science-Near-Death-Experience-Consciousness-Survives/dp/1594773564/
amazon.com/Self-Does-Not-Die-Experiences/dp/0997560800/
amazon.com/Art-Dying-Peter-Fenwick/dp/0826499236/
trans4mind.com/spiritual/Does-consciousness.pdf

>women are becoming atheists most of western society is becoming atheists

While I think that there is clearly an afterlife, it still remains the case that atheism >>>>>>>>>> religion. So I am happy that atheism is spreading and that religions are declining. Atheism is almost a necessary middle-landing when you leave that ultra-insane and ultra-irrelevant nonsense behind.

Attached: 1537128997096.jpg (867x685, 96K)

Compatibilism is gay. Free will isn't free just because I'm deceived into thinking I am. What sort of world is that?

>atheism > religion
Nah this is why everything's collapsing. Religion is the underpinning of morality in our society. Without out, people will do whatever the heck they want, and it's already showing. Just waiting for the collapse now. You'll see.

Amazon books and spiritualism sites are not "data", sorry. As for the other two sources, what does this *actually* prove in your mind? What meaning are you pushing onto it?
That probably needs to be established before going any further.

Cogito ergo sum. You cannot prove that anything exists expect yourself, to yourself. What you decide to prove is your degree of freedom.

Not him, but atheism is just a kneejerk reaction to increasingly extremist fundementalism. Both are two sides of the same coin.

*expect
perkele DDD:

And? I proved to myself compatibilism is gay, now I can move on with my life.

everything is collapsing because corporations and consumerism have eroded any sense of community and tradition that held individuals together, that's why you see losers like us make our own communities like this board in a virtual fantasy land to live out our days because reality doesn't give us that option at the moment

>Amazon books and spiritualism sites are not "data", sorry.

>books are not data

Ehm, I think all of academia just collectively sighed and/or giggled.

Also, the site a paper is hosted on has absolutely, demonstrably, and literally nothing to do with the content or quality of the paper.

>As for the other two sources, what does this *actually* prove in your mind? What meaning are you pushing onto it?

I do not know which 2 of the remaning 3 after the amazon links have been removed you are referring to. But the Grossman article demonstrates why this data is ignored, the AWARE study is empirical evidence that people can verifiably observe things without the use of their brains while they are undergoing cardiac arrest, and the Carter article is why

>muh neuroscience and brain chemistry

is not a valid counter-argument to the possibility of an afterlife.

Attached: 1454673363767.png (600x600, 69K)

>retard experiences its brain juices after brain shits itself and now thinks he's not a meatbag that expires after 70 years

Go on. The chaff will be burned.

You're an absolute idiot. First of all, any theory regarding life after death is unacceptable by any scientific standard and community. Secondly, if you want to talk about this then the only realm you have any hope of succeeding in is in Philosophy, which you denounce along with the philosophers. All that's left for you is blatant pseudoscience or mysticism. Third, all your best "data" are just anecdotes and shitty Amazon books for brainlets. In short, you're a fucking idiot. Congratulations

Attached: _91408619_55df76d5-2245-41c1-8031-07a4da3f313f.jpg (660x574, 31K)

this isnt the fault of corporations, its due to the loss of religion, religion was like control of women, moral society, happy betas and built in socialization

you'd get burnt at the stake for not being a normie though

>"hey guys I claim to have inerrant certainty on this subject"
>"ummmmm sweaty, I'm not sure I agree"
>"hahahaha well you're gonna die lmao"
you sure convinced me

Attached: 1537716586949.png (1638x1912, 264K)

>First of all, any theory regarding life after death is unacceptable by any scientific standard and community.

Not even at all, and stop embarrassing yourself with this nonsense and read the Grossman article.

>which you denounce along with the philosophers

I do not denounce philosophy itself, just the modern era thereof. And I am hardly alone in doing so, as even most academic philosophers think that the practice is extremely FUBAR, unironically. Just check out philosopher's cocoon, the leiter report, or anywhere else where philosophers gather and discuss the state of their discipline.

>Third, all your best "data" are just anecdotes

Actually, philosophy of testimony is a sub-discipline within epistemology. Have you even studied philosophy at all?

>shitty Amazon books for brainlets

If you discount books as a medium for communicating data and arguments, then you are demonstrably a joke.

>b-b-but they are sold on amazon!!1

So literally what?

Attached: 1423118732904.gif (300x300, 2M)

>If you discount books as a medium for communicating data and arguments, then you are demonstrably a joke.
Any retard can put a book on amazon. it's exactly like those "scientific journals" you pay to put your paper on. There's no accountability.

I really hope there is a paradise afterlife and I can live happily in an anime world.

You're not meant to be convinced. Some people are meant to burn in hell.

yeah, predestination. Something you just argued against.

You're putting words in my mouth with your own faulty concepts.

>evidence for the veracity of the Bible
*breathes in*
AHA HA HA HA HA HA HA AHA HA HA
Oh wait.
You're serious?
*snort*
AHA HA HA AHA HAHA HA HA HA HA HA HAHA HOLY SHIT

Attached: 1542079870387.jpg (672x787, 31K)

Have you considered the possibility that rather than your near death experience confirming an after life, that the concept of an afterlife was derived from these purely biological experiences by ancient humans? So of course when you experience one its exactly what religion tells you the afterlife is.

actually it makes perfect sense. DMT is a natural chemical inside of your brain that is released while you are dying.