What have you done to make your father proud of you?

What have you done to make your father proud of you?

Attached: file.png (600x848, 579K)

I am 25 and a complete failure but fuck my father. He hasn't done shit for me. Instead of molding me into a man he left me to a hysterical single mom.

Not look like an ugly retarded faggot.

Honestly the same he died when I was 9 and never took time to ever talk to me and basically only talked to me because he felt like he had to I was raised by a fucking psychotic bitch from then on

i beg him for money if i want to buy a new horsedildo

Literally nothing, im trying though

My dad died a month ago. He was my best friend.

Expecting a baby soon, I'm gonna try to be as good of a dad as he was, and hopefully make it through paramedic school.

I got a degree, got a good job, support myself and am on my way to being able to support a family.

>tfw you're the fat failure

Attached: 1.jpg (1616x1639, 735K)

Never had a father.

Attached: 1551825954159.jpg (400x400, 30K)

Literally me

Got a job he wished he had, even if it pays like shit.

i started riding motorcycles.
Not because it was my dream or something, it's fun, but that's it.
Thing is, me and my dad never had any time doing anything together because i was a little shithead and he left whenever i was trying to do shit.
We basically never talked or gave a shit.
He is one of those stern and quiet types that won't say a lot or even bring out an emotion.

I use the motorcycle as a reason to get some time with him. Whenever i want to wrench on it, i visit him and do it with him together and when we are done and crack open a beer, i can see some semblance of pride in his eyes.
It ain't much, but it is the first time we actually spend time together.

same, wish she'd have had an abortion desu

that's fucked up.

>tfw your dad tells you that he is worried that youre gay since you didnt already had a gf at age 22 even tho you are a handsome men...
what am i supposed to do, i just dont have any social skills, dad :(

he used to be quite happy when I took singing lessons during my teens
I used to like opera and had a good deep voice but no musical training
I don't think he expects anything from me anymore after that

My dad's a chubby little faggot though. I wish I had a dad whose main goal in life wasn't to be able to afford excessively large TVs and expensive takeouts. Being around him makes me feel repulsed and disgusted just knowing that we're so closely related.

Left the small village in Sicily, graduated Uni in the UK and got a pretty damn good job in London.

He's been fighting with brain and lung cancer for the past year and he's about to lose the battle any time now. I hope I made him proud.

Go tell your dad you love him, Jow Forums

>tfw got my degree and for the first time in my life, my dad told me that he is proud of me

it would've been better for me and for her dude

Fuck off Joseph

Any tips for someone who wants a motorcycle? I've done 0 research at this point.

mine died when i was 7 but i become a pretty decent chemist with a well paying job and a good wife so i think hed be proud

get good health insurance the covers everything

my dad wants me to be a wagecuck so its really hard not to disappoint him

Have brother who is bigger failure than me. Literal trainwreck. So im simply trying to be better. Dont know if this is win in my dad eyes.

>a few hours ago
>people in the apartment below mine are being loud and sporadically cheering, as though they are playing a game together
>know the people there are a young couple, assume they have bought friends over
>feel like this is a real chance to experience something other than being alone
>i have a boardgame, Trivial Pursuit, that a previous resident left in the building
>get the game out, set it down and put 5 markers on the board
>try to play the game like I am playing with the people below me
>write down the names and stuff on a paper next to the board
>as they play their game I pretend it is upstairs - when they shout I either pretend someone got a piece and add it to the table, or I pretend someone got an easy question wrong, and read out an easy question from the cards and then give a wrong answer in a different voice
>start to really get into it, am laughing uncontrollably at some of the questions I pretend they get wrong
>make myself the weakest player in the game
>they stop playing whatever they are playing before I am done with the Trivial Pursuit game
>sit in silence for a few minutes and pack everything away

I just want friends to play boardgames with

Attached: tp.jpg (390x390, 19K)

completely irrelevant but nice pasta. would play board games with you

My dad
>wanted to be an illustrator for Disney
>gave up
>ends up working three jobs when my parents had me
>settled down with a job at Costco

Me:
>Played 3 seasons in the CFL
>have my photos put up in gallery spaces throughout the year
>got a government job
>going back to school part time to study physics

He's really proud of me, grateful for all the work he put in to make sure I had a good life.

i met my dad when i was like 20, apparently he didnt want to take charge of me when he left my mom pregnant, i was raised my grandparents anyway

now talking back of my dad, he was a drug addict who would make money robbing and living the thug life, he was taller than me, wider and had the biggest hands and wrists, i ever saw ( without being fat or overweight), besides i have 7.5 inch wrists

too bad he got killed 3 years after, lmao what a waste of talent, i wish i had his frame, at least im a good national athlete but who cares im unhappy anyway

before you call me nigger im white but he had italian ancestry, so probably you will call me a nigger anyway, he had another kid later in life (a girl) and im trying to get close to her, shes pretty attractive, idk how, my dad had the face of a neardental

I went with my dad and grandfather to breakfast before work this morning. When I went up to go to the restroom I overheard them talking about how proud of me they are for getting a job. Feels good man.

I am working on my masters degree, so there's that.

Although I have tattoos and am going to get more and he doesn't like that.

>shes pretty attractive
you finna hit that my brother?

I became a doctor just like him.
Still feel a little like I'm unable to find my own way but my quality of life is pretty high so I probably shouldn't complain.
Also he died in September which sucks.

same except im 18 but im not giving up. gotta play with the hand i've been dealt

Attached: 1547767433313.jpg (1200x1127, 100K)

>im trying to get close to her, shes pretty attractive
Praying you get to clap them cheeks my friend.

I'm the one you're replying to. My biggest advice to you, is to commit to something your heart desires. Give it your all and never give up. Actively work on being a man you respect. Do things you respect and abstain from things you don't respect

Very wholesome, user. I’m proud of you too buddy.

It gets better user. Lost my dad a few years back. Your gonna ace paramedic school.

You think he's ever told Chris that he's proud of him?

Attached: chris.jpg (620x900, 124K)

I don't know, I always tried to do my best. I graduated college, I have a good job, my own place, I make good money, I lift six days a week.

Whenever I visit my parents they always seem disappointed in me. I'm 28 and I've never had a serious gf, I guess they assume I'm a filthy faggot and a failure in that regard. I'm not gay, I'm just extremely introverted. My family acts like they want nothing to do with me and I don't understand why. I drove an hour and a half to visit them for Easter and they barely spoke to me, and when I told them I was leaving they didn't even say goodbye.

Attached: How-can-anger-and-despair-be-faced.jpg (690x398, 183K)

You're supposed to wear Hurley, not become him.

Attached: Hurleylost.png (517x750, 1.02M)

hey bryan, what are you doing on Jow Forums? is molly dead yet?

>studying business
>hard work

Attached: 5E629078-BA8E-4B24-A835-635822C7585B.jpg (413x499, 43K)

>tfw you didn’t inherit the genes of a bodybuilding god
>tfw Arnold is legit a good human bean and has been working hard to bond with his bastard son

Your family members sound like self absorbed pricks. You don't need them, you're successful enough already. You just have a few more goals to achieve.

fuck nigga I'm proud of you
Good work.

Nice

what does an bachelors in BA actually get you? Are you trained to be in any specific field or just a mid level manager of something?

Nothing, like most degrees

Business is a brainlet's major but it's one of the most practical ones out there that aren't STEM. If you aren't going to learn something useful and marketable, you may as well take business and learn to navigate that environment.

4 year degrees are mostly a scam now.

Got a full ride to university and then dropped out.

Attached: 1534803462057.jpg (437x431, 28K)

most degrees actually get you into some kind of field though. a chemical engineering degree will get you into the petroleum field, an english degree will get you into teaching or the literary fields, etc. but a bachelors in BA doesn't seem to fit in anywhere.

at least an MBA you can go for executive level stuff. a bachelors would maybe get you a job at a retail store or something? but even there, it's mostly experience that's valued

Completely fucking useless. Will let you work as a shitty manager IF your parents place you at a place where they work. The only way that degree is worth shit is if you do logistics and have connections, do a double major in accounting and get a CPA, or your parents can place you in a Finance company.

Business school teaches you nothing. I got the Chartered Financial Analyst cert after and realized school didn't teach me even 10% of what I needed to know, and I studied.

Engineering, comp sci, med school, and law school will get you jobs that pay real money without connections.

An English degree will get you no where

you shouldn't care about making your dad proud. Just do things for yourself. If your dad is worth anything, hell be proud of what youve done for yourself.

Attached: Punished_Alex.jpg (625x415, 423K)

I know that pain far too well

I disowned him because he's ugly and not intelligent enough. You?

It's not great, but it's better than nothing. Majoring in business (I guess it would be Management on this chart) is a bit better, but not drastically so. And if I had to guess, would apply a lot.

Attached: file.png (481x955, 310K)

Some are, some aren't. My brother and his wife seemingly want nothing to do with me, as does my sister. My parents say they wish I'd visit more, but then when I do visit they act like I'm a stranger.

I honestly just tell people to go into a trade now. Tech school is fast and easy and you get placed into a decent paying job right away. I'm making around 50k a year and just put in my 40 and go home. OT is almost always available too. Comfy living. That's 50k midwest btw, not coastie dollars

Nothing, though on some level I don't really care about anyone, nor did I really felt proud myself either, not at least since my late childhood.

Their loss

get caught fapping to pictures of your mother when she was younger. only way.

Lived and stayed out of trouble.

>one cousin drove stoned and died in a head on crash
>other cousin got into drugs and hanged himself
>tfw I'm the only surviving male of my generation in my family

Have fun making minimum wage for a ridiculously large amount of work.
>tfw alcoholic dad turned me into a cynical asshole

Thank Christ my father died when I was 18, so he didn't live to see the "person" I have become.

I've been a fatty my whole life. My dad used to be a physical therapist, so he knows a thing or two about fitness. Upon entering college, I started using the rec center to lose some weight and make some sweet noob gains. He starts sharing his knowledge on exercises and supplements with me. Hope to one day graduate with a degree in computer science (STEM fag) and get Jow Forums to make him proud.

My father was a worthless alcoholic - my mom is proud of me though :^)

My dad thinks of financial wealth as success. At my brothers graduation my dad said he wanted my brother to make more money than him which made my mom pissed. No way im gonna sell my soul and become a lawyer for 25 years

I think my father will be ok with me landing a decent job good enough to financially support myself.

My mom on the other hand will never be satisfied. It took me 10 years to figure out I just have to ignore her, but here I am, finally making progress in my life.

>drove stoned
no he was drunk

Maybe the clean-your-room man is right. The problem with this generation is the insane amount of kids growing up with only a mother figure present.

I'm 25 and about to start in my first upper-management position at one of the biggest European companies in a week, after 3,5 years of work. I'll also be getting married soon and for now can make time for working out 3 times a week.

I honestly think this is all only possible because I've had loving, supporting parents growing up, not divorced, with 2 siblings close to me in age. Dad just turned 50 a couple days ago and told us how proud he is to see all 3 of his kids working and building a future already.

When you have kids, Anons, fucking stick by them.

Gay

Don't know man. My dad worked but never much, he leeched mostly on my mother ( a barely functioning alcoholic). They raise me, feed me and let me do whatever I wanted. So I'm grateful for that. I pulled on my own a good (and imo cool) , nice GF and good financial situation. Sometimes I get this weird feeling he would rather see me failed then where I'm now.

Attached: c4d89ade54ef95665ceb4a6ac83e9614.jpg (620x814, 85K)

My dad was a weirdo with no friends and solitary hobbies, that ended up leaving my mom after 27 years to move in with a tranny at the age of 60.

I've been following my dad's footsteps career wise. Too bad I'm going to make a total flip flop soon. He was pretty sad that I wasn't going to be doing the same thing as him but when he realized how much money I'll be making he was OK with it.

It could be worse. I am 29, won my father's pride, fucked up and now have to go back to him for financial support. Losing something is worse than never having it.

My father hang himself on a tree when I was 10. I liked him a lot, much more than my mother which was boring and depressing. I don't know what to do with my life now. Earning next to nothing doing a shot job in a overpriced city. No discipline to do anything worthy.

Haven't done much yet. Graduated high school and proceeded to drop out of community college twice because I was too busy doing reckless shit instead. It's been five years; I'm working harder to rebuild, but it's a lot harder playing catch-up. I did get sober about a month and a half ago, so that's a start. Getting into shape so I can become a certified diver and hopefully find a career along that trade somewhere. I start in August, so here goes everything.

any pics of your dad?

>law school
>money without connections
Lmao what year is this

I'm pretty successful, but my dad wants me to get married soon so he can have grandkids. He was kind of a hardass on me when I was growing up so I don't like him acting like some old nice guy who likes kids all of a sudden but whatever, he's in a different phase of life and not as angry and stressed. But he's super traditional and I don't have the heart to tell my parents that I've fallen in love with a woman who doesn't share their religion/traditions.
He's really proud of me now, but when the inevitable happens, I may end up with a pretty distant and not-so-great relationship with my parents.

Stop masturbating, I'm serious

are you in an eastern european country?

yeah, that only works if you go to like a top 5 law school. The rest are basically scamming students out of hundreds of thousands of dollars.

who here /stable family and supportive loving parents/?

Attached: 1539497257987.gif (512x512, 489K)

I fucked some disgusting wetback and impregnated her. I lied to my wife and children every single day to keep this a secret. Finally I was forced to acknowledge my bastard son when things became public.

Just from looking at my family it is very evident that growing up without a father just puts your life in hard mode. We're third generation immigrants, so my grandfather worked his ass off to support his six children who got better jobs to support their families with. All of them make at least 60k a year now. Two of the six got a divorce early on and their children just have a lot more trouble in life. They always seem restless and unsatisfied with life. While all the other cousins went on to go to uni, they either never finished school or dropped out of uni

I guess I'm one of the lucky few. Family was low income. Parents married at 20. Dad taught me how to be a man. Never did drugs or any stupid shit. Dad taught me to never sit around on your ass being lazy not doing anything. Mom taught me how to clean and be self sufficient.

Attached: 1547549796311.png (558x472, 475K)

Attached: arnold.jpg (346x605, 40K)

Very blessed/lucky to have a great dad. A true father.

It's mad sad to hear some of your guys stories.

My dad did 24 years navy, tons of deployments. But when he was home, he was always there for me. I remember being a little kid and being so excited to show him the shit I built out of Legos he bought me.

I mean, looking at now it's obviously just toys. But he was so damn good at showing genuine interest in the little things like a city I built. Didn't stop there, dude mad supported me. I followed in his footsteps, managed to get a degree and pick up rank quickly, with his guidance and mentorship I still get today.

I pray I'm half the parent my dad was. I tell you guys this not to humble brag, but in hope when you guys make it you'll be the father to your kids that you never had.

I don't think he's ever been proud of me
>invited him to my college graduation
>all he said was "why would I go to that?"
Always complains if I don't contact him as much as he would like me to, even though every time I call or visit all he does is bitch more

Attached: 1487250314654.png (600x238, 92K)

You have about 5 years to fix it.

I unlearned most of the terrible habits that my parents ingrained in me when I was 23. I'm 26 and have realized that it was too late. Now I plan on tying up loose ends and killing myself in front of my parents on my 30th birthday.

Went to the marine corps and made a complete turnaround from my shit life now I resent my dad because he left us for some 30 year old roastie with 3 kids from 3 different dads.
fuck you dad.

Went to the range with my dad earlier today. Honestly didnt want to get out of bed but knowing that he's not gonna be here forever is what got me go put myself together enough to go outside. Seeing the people in this thread with shit dads makes me glad I didn't just stay home.

My dad murdered someone when I was 13 and is currently in jail

I'm not successful by Jow Forums standards but I have an education, a decent job and a nice place. I don't really know how to feel cause I grew up without a father and with a mother who was really damaged by abuse but also hes locked up it's not like he really had the option of redeeming himself or w/e

I think I may now have to be my dad's dad