What did you do today user?

Hey user, what did you do today? I'll start.

I woke up at about 8:40 like usual, got on the bus and got to work. it was about 54 degrees out and sprinkling, the weather was pretty nice. When I got to work I talked with my co worker a bit, and just ran the register and stuff. I also texted the track I made last night to this indie filmmaker for who's movie I'm making a soundtrack. He really liked it, which is good. The day progressed and I went and got a hot chocolate at Starbucks. I like hot chocolates because they remind me of my ex girlfriend, who I think about often.
Later in the day, my co workers younger cousin came to the store to shadow her for a little while. She's good looking, and it was nice to talk to her about cats and stuff (I work at a pet supply store.) She left, and then my other coworker came in, I used to live with her and she's a good friend. We talked until the end of my shift, and I got off at 6:45. It was a nice warm night (about 50 or so still.) I walked around downtown to my bus stop, and while waiting for the bus I got an ice cream at Ben & Jerry's. It was chocolate milk shake or something, I ate it while waiting for my bus and it made me happy. It reminded me of a warm spring day about 2 years ago, when my girlfriend at the time got ice cream there, after a day of hanging out and walking around on the waterfront, and she waited for my bus there with me.
I got home about an hour ago, I texted my friend to see if she was still interested in going to this music performance with me and she sent a weird message. She said that her new boyfriend is kind of possessive and wanted me to add him so he can get to know me before we hang out. I had met her on tinder but we're just friends now. My first and only relationship so far was abusive, and this set off a red flag for me. I let her know that maybe she should communicate with him if she didn't like his jealousy. I sent that message, added him and now I'm listening to music and writing this.

Attached: ss+(2016-10-14+at+11.47.04).jpg (596x591, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blrd.bandcamp.com/releases
soundcloud.com/user-262160346
youtube.com/watch?v=-gu_v4dXQxE
youtube.com/watch?v=dTp6d7Bw79A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

tl;dr
slumjams or if you're just thinking about her

Attached: 1501928474643.gif (300x300, 204K)

Sorry for no paragraphs.

I woke up at about 8:40 like usual, got on the bus and got to work. it was about 54 degrees out and sprinkling, the weather was pretty nice. When I got to work I talked with my co worker a bit, and just ran the register and stuff. I also texted the track I made last night to this indie filmmaker for who's movie I'm making a soundtrack. He really liked it, which is good. The day progressed and I went and got a hot chocolate at Starbucks. I like hot chocolates because they remind me of my ex girlfriend, who I think about often.

Later in the day, my co workers younger cousin came to the store to shadow her for a little while. She's good looking, and it was nice to talk to her about cats and stuff (I work at a pet supply store.) She left, and then my other coworker came in, I used to live with her and she's a good friend. We talked until the end of my shift, and I got off at 6:45. It was a nice warm night (about 50 or so still.) I walked around downtown to my bus stop, and while waiting for the bus I got an ice cream at Ben & Jerry's. It was chocolate milk shake or something, I ate it while waiting for my bus and it made me happy. It reminded me of a warm spring day about 2 years ago, when my girlfriend at the time got ice cream there, after a day of hanging out and walking around on the waterfront, and she waited for my bus there with me.

I got home about an hour ago, I texted my friend to see if she was still interested in going to this music performance with me and she sent a weird message. She said that her new boyfriend is kind of possessive and wanted me to add him so he can get to know me before we hang out. I had met her on tinder but we're just friends now. My first and only relationship so far was abusive, and this set off a red flag for me. I let her know that maybe she should communicate with him if she didn't like his jealousy. I sent that message, added him and now I'm listening to music and writing this.

Attached: ss+(2016-10-15+at+02.29.22).jpg (597x333, 49K)

it's okay if you don't read user.

I find it cathartic to write about my day.

bump

anyone want to tell me about their day?

I am also a fellow music creator, and I often think of the one who got away. (although in my instances there was the first girl who was abusive who I don't miss, and there's the next girl I had who was perfect, but her father broke us up)

I haven't dated since and it's been 2 years. I've been a NEET for roughly a year, and trying to transition out of it. Hopefully I can make money off music selling beats or melodies in the future to help pay for my miniscule expenses.

I also have recently went to a place that sparked memories of my lost love. It was a mall, but I was there on an odd job as a favor to a friend. She used to drag me around the mall with her friends, just doing normal teenage shit. Going there just brings me this weird hollow feeling. Looking at the places we went brings me this weird combination of numbness and pain.

I'm going back to finish the odd job I started, and I kind of wish I would run into her there, but I know I won't.

Attached: 1547690413859.gif (500x450, 725K)

I feel you user, it's like you want to go back, but you also want to make new memories.. I wish I'd never met her sometimes. Sometimes I wonder when I'd just get over her and forget her, but I don't think that will happen for a long time.

I miss the girl I fell in love with, not the one that she became. I hadn't seen her in about a year by the time we broke up...

I've made about $16 off of my bandcamp so far, and this guy is going to pay me for the soundtrack, and then I'm also probably going to be doing $100 live shows soon. Don't give up on your dreams user. Can I listen to some of your music?

not him, but can you post your bc link?

blrd.bandcamp.com/releases

soundcloud.com/user-262160346

how are there so many musicians on Jow Forums? How did u get into making music for films and stuff? I'm a musician too but I play in bands mostly, I'd like to create music myself much more though

I guess you like Badalamenti

I just messaged a bunch of indie filmmaker on Instagram and sent them my work, and one of them liked it and responded. Just get connections and you can do it.

I'll have to listen to them

1/2

Woke up around 7 as usual, my sore throat was better, but I'd also developed a cold. Oh well. Left home and felt pretty good about how I looked, got to my 8 am in time for once.

The day drones on by as it usually does, my senses are a bit muted because of my cold.

I asked her out today. After class. First girl I ever asked out. I know that sounds lame, but I'm a robot. She was always nice to me, and pretty, in that sweet kind of way. Maybe not the kind of beauty you notice immediately---you develop a familiarity to it as she speaks to you, and then a soft spot and then.......well I don't know.

I'd actually studied with her before, though I don't know if she would have called it a study date. We have nothing in common, really, but I figured we had good chemistry. Didn't even get any studying done, we just talked about ourselves the entire time. Happiest I'd felt in a while.

"No....sorry..."
"Oh, ok. Just thought I'd ask.", I say with a smile.

We say our goodbyes, and I walk off.

Standing in a secluded hallway, I think about what just happened. It seems almost surreal. I check my phone and see only 1 minute has passed since the end of the lecture. 1 minute, and it's all changed.

I can't identify with the people who say "Got rejected but I'm so glad it's off my chest!". I just don't really feel anything. It's what I expected to happen but....I don't know, the whole interaction was so quick it felt like watching a video replay of the conversation.

It's hard to think about when she looked at me straight in the face and said "no". There was a slight apologetic smile, and I knew she was trying to let me down easy, but for some reason it's this image I keep playing in my head, and it's this that "hurts" the most.

What's funny is it went, aside from the rejection, as well as it possibly could have. I asked, she said no, I took it well, we parted ways. But I still feel weird. I didn't obsess over this girl for weeks, I just felt like there

Attached: 1536125653100s.jpg (250x135, 6K)

my problem is that I'm just a musician, not a sound designer. I like to compose and arrange, but as soon as I'm in front of a synthesizer I'm overwhelmed by the possibilities and can't get started. I guess limitation sometimes breeds creativity.

Also check out my latest arrangement:
youtube.com/watch?v=-gu_v4dXQxE

was something there. I don't know really. Sometimes I think I'm on the spectrum, and what I see from people isn't actually what's there. But I suppose I'm glad I asked. It just all seems so final.

There's another girl I have a class with, who I sit next to. She's more introverted, but I hope I can start talk to her. I don't know. I say that a lot....because I DON'T know. I just wish something would change, it doesn't have to be with a girl, anything really. Everything's just a constant in my life it seems. But I hope I can start something with this new girl. Oh well, we'll see....

Sorry if this sounds silly or mundane, me talking about some girl. I just wanted to share how I felt, or at least get a better understanding because I'm not sure what exactly is going on in there.

Thanks

Attached: 87205.jpg (1920x1080, 159K)

I like what I've heard, to me it does sound a little "stale" if that makes sense. Maybe that's what you're looking for, but I think some attack and release on those instruments would sound good. I would start with getting a simple DAW, such as fl studio or something. You have some talent, and should expand your creative tools.

>woke up, made lunch
>dicked around on computer for a bit
>visited sister in the oncology ward
>went to mom's house for dinner
>practiced guitar for the set this weekend
>dicking around on computer again

thanks for feedback, actually I made it in ableton with samples I recorded myself from the original SNES game and feeded the midi into musescore later.
My problem is that I have lots of musical ideas but no feeling for sounds. I got a bundle of synths vsts now and will try to do something with them.

Sounds like you might have 'rejection sensitive dysphoria." Having poor executive functioning skills, ie adhd, I have it too. It's hard getting rejected but no matter how much it hurts, you will always feel better. Sometimes it lets you know that maybe they aren't worth the trouble after all, and that's a good thing.

I always make sure that there are feelings for me before I ask someone out. Maybe next time you can ask that instead.

I have always had trouble with girls, so I know exactly how you feel. Sometimes you just have to face the pain, it happens. Glad you're taking it well, hope you feel better soon.

>visited sister in the oncology ward
that's sad. story?

I don't like a lot of the synth presets on DAW's because they all kind of sound shitty to me. Too retro and electronic. Might just be my preference though. I would think about what kind of music you would like to make, and then listen to other artists who make that music, and see what kind of sounds and instruments they use.

Do you play in a band?

origamis

youtube.com/watch?v=dTp6d7Bw79A

>she started getting weird symptoms
>fevers, bleeding tonsils, lump in the gums
>went to the doctor, they prescribed a strong antibiotic
>it kind of helps
>but more weird symptoms crop up - random big bruising and red spots
>hopes it's just an antibiotic side-effect, goes to the doctor again
>they check her blood this time and immediately send her to the hospital in an ambulance
>absolutely fucked platelet and blood cell levels
>bone marrow biopsy
>it's leukemia, AML
>has to stay in the hospital for at least a month now, probably longer, don't know if she needs a bone marrow transplant yet
>it's just been a week and she finished her first round of chemo
>cut her hair off today
>but she's got surprisingly high spirits at least
Kinda sucks big fat major ass

yeah

Hmmm, that sounds a bit like it. Thanks, user.

Oh god user, I'm so sorry :(
I really hope she's okay. I read that theres a 70-80% chance of remission when it's caught so thats good... How old is she? Tell her that some random musician on your Burmese soft drink discussion board is pulling for her.

>54 degrees
Holy shit. Do you live in the valley of death or something?

I live in America

origamis

If you post on a mainly murican board, lr2 fahrenheit, yurobro.
Roughly 12 celsius.

>Got up at 11 am after having a really uncomfortable dream
>went to the gym and had an extremely unproductive workout
>worked my shitty wageslave job for 5 hours
>went to the bar by myself and had a pint while watching my favourite hockey team lose
>came home and sat in bed stressing about the future

Attached: F3FE4C5F-6E35-4225-9F79-C131F3A1D473.jpg (275x275, 13K)

Oh. I feel for ya. :(

That does not sound like a comfy day, my friend

Off days suck user. Just keep struggling. It's all you can do.

Attached: sadbat.gif (246x185, 215K)