Should I learn Spanish or Japanese? I cannot decide...

Should I learn Spanish or Japanese? I cannot decide. I am pretty sure I just want to learn Japanese because I like the aesthetic I view online and for more escapism. On the other hand I find Spanish less interesting but my grandpa was born in Spain, it would be easier to learn, and would help me professionally.

Attached: 148CE8AB-EA54-4600-869E-7B82D2B0CDCA.jpg (1920x1040, 151K)

>would help me professionally
with what?

Medfag. It would look could on my applications if I wanna work south. Ultimately wouldnt help too much but Japanese would be practically useless

I think you should focus on bread and butter social skills. No use speaking another language if you are saying dorky things and speaking like a nerd (in another language)

I just dont feel comfortable with others even those that share my values. Im okay with being alone. Just want to learn another language as a hobby

neither. take french :^)

Attached: 2B616EB5-FAC3-45CD-948F-B378FEA21CDF.jpg (660x530, 27K)

Taco medfag here. A million times japan. Wages here in South America are pathetically low, comparable to a minimal wage in the US. It's not worth it.

japanese will take 5 years easily and you will need to live in japan for a year for practice....

Spanish? You can do it in 6 months, start watching tv or youtube for other 6 months to be able to understand perfectly.

I meant southern u.s. Theres a lot of beaners down there that dont know English and it can be good to have some docs that speak it.

Really 6 months? Never learned a foreign lang before but that seems really quick

He wont get a job like that in japan, that would be very very hard, firstly because he would need to learn technical japanese for years and then speak 99% perfect japanese.

Even the doctors that take care of foreigners are japanese.

I really think you should learn Spanish. Nothing can stop you from learning Japanese too once you have learned spanish anyway

I speak spanish, japanese and english. Spanish is so fucking easy, have you been to LA? Tons of people learn just in their free time because there is always someone around to practice and fool with.

After spanish take japanese if you want, id say chinese or russian would be more useful.

Just learn both. Learning a language isn't that hard. Rather, it's hard to become fluent only because it takes so long. After like a year of learning a language you're only gonna be building your vocabulary because you should get the gist of how that language works. My advice is to focus mainly on particles and grammar in your first year so you at least know what words you don't know and can attempt to fill in the gaps since it's just vocab.

I've been learning Japanese for a few months so if you want to learn that, start with Duolingo or some other app to build a good base. Then try out obenkyo and tsukiji to learn some kanji. After that, reading nhk news helps to learn new words and grammar and whatnot. R*ddit has some good subs for learning weeb

Thanks bros yeah I might as well of it only takes like half a year. It probably isnt healthy to make that much of my life revolve around anime anyway

In short, Japanese is one of the more difficult languages for a native English speaker to learn. It takes much dedication and time. Learning the kana and how to pronounce the syllables is relatively easy, the grammar is about in the middle between easy and difficult, and the kanji is very hard.

for japanese duolingo would slow you down because its a different language structure.

I always recommend japanese for busy people, no kanji, no kana, and you can learn how the fuck the language works. After that do what you want, but absolutly learn kana and basic kanjis first.

chinese. they takin over the world any time now

I want to learn both Spanish and Japanese.
My friends are from Japan but my wife is from Mexico.
I'm currently in a Japanese college course, it's significantly more difficult than it looks and requires constant work. I feel like Spanish is much easier.

dumbass, start with spanish, speak to your wife spanish only. In a year you will master the language.

The thing with japanese courses is that it will take you more time than if you self studied. why? because japanese is so difficult that some idiot in class will always fall behind and will drag the class forever. I took a semester and left.

you're asking Jow Forums. the answer is going to be japanese

I do online courses so it basically is self study.
I decided to start that first since it'll take longer

you can learn Spanish by reading the Assimil courses and watching stupid YouTube videos in Spanish. We share like half of our vocabulary.
Japanese is more fun and difficult. my point is that your don't really have to choose

but they speak English all the time. They only use Chinese among each other