Pectus excavatum

Will my chest muscles work like normal?

Attached: 1-s2.0-S0022522306008713-gr2.jpg (781x561, 234K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pY9_WDBCG8Q
youtu.be/wyUamsg6x8A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Depends on how deep the gap is
If it's a mild gap, it does not change anything about your lifts

Nice traps

If it's that bad, get the surgery. It's better for heart health and lung capacity.

Lol it's like his pecs are approaching a vertical asymptote

How is it that multiple people a day come to Jow Forums asking for advice about their incredibly rare health condition?

I had a huge gap but now I fixed it. Yeah I did. Just wondering if my muscles in my chest will work like normal or if I'm doomed

Because 4chinners are simultaneously master race yet also genetic garbage.

>incredibly rare
>pectus excavatum

that's 1 in 150 births, just not as extreme as this picture

Is it dangerous to bench heavy weight with a huge fucking cavity?

>incredibly rare
Lmfao its one of the most common deformities in the world
>Pectus excavatum occurs in an estimated 1 in 150 to 1 in 1000 births, with male predominance (male-to-female ratio of 3:1).
From wikipedia

Pretty much me before. Pic relared

Attached: b60c0414b9a7fdb41170a5fe95832918--grant.jpg (200x300, 9K)

I've got it too.
It's rare but there are varying levels of it. So some people might have it but not even realize it since it's mild

That actually looks sick af, wonder how it would look if he were huge

If I had this I would get a black hole/vortex tattoo around it

I have it, and have it pretty bad. It gives me horrific levels of body dysmorphia. That's kinda tempting.

>pectus excavatum
*waves wand*

These dudes lost their tridax pods

Attached: 6C3468A5-1DC8-4714-A741-3A59CBDE5C40.jpg (793x1080, 257K)

checked. digits and we all get our oneitis

Checked

Attached: 1552695343682.jpg (1000x1192, 141K)

>can eat soup while laying down
how is this not a genetic advantage

I use mine as a cupholder. Holds a mug or a class pretty well while I'm reclining.

Honestly OP I'm not positive. I had the nuss procedure around 16 (21 now) so I may be in a minority. But I feel as though the malformation of the chest probably has just enough effect on the efficiency of chest muscles. I for one have to train chest very hard in comparison to my other big 4. Although this could be related to issues such as permanent muscle damage due to the nuss procedure but that's merely speculation on my part.

Or maybe I'm just a chestlet

man that sucks cant you get an implant

Can you directly grab and squeeze your heart when you reach in there?

>Aztecs hate him

Could you show how your chest looks now if you have been training. I have also done Nuss operation.

youtu.be/pY9_WDBCG8Q
Hard to find people getting fit after nuss

It actually hurts to eat and get winded from stuff like running. But now I feel normal

I have PE, did not get the surgery. It was bad enough that I had to get a waiver for it to join the military. I'm still early on my weightlifting journey, so I'm not sure that there won't be negative affects when I get over 1pl8 bench, but it has had zero negative effects on me so far.

For reference, it's too knuckles deep with my nipple as a reference. I forget what the official measurement was, maybe 3.6? I don't know.

It seems to run in families. At least one of my sisters has it and she says she likes it since it makes her cleavage look bigger. Can confirm. But she's married now anyway, and not a lifter, so sorry that it doesn't help you out OP. Anyway I don't think it matters unless the surgery you did fucked with your muscles. If it did, I'd just take it easy on chest and really pay attention to how your ligaments feel while you're lifting.

Yes. youtu.be/wyUamsg6x8A
I'm working on mine right now. It's about as bad as his was. Pectus bros will make it if they put in the effort.

Anyone else have it but just minor? I have like an inch or 2 but its hardly noticeable just looks like my pecs are bigger than dyel

tfw i have asymmetrical pectus carinatum and will never be aesthetic

>I have PE, did not get the surgery. It was bad enough that I had to get a waiver for it to join the military.
You and I are literally the same person. And it is hereditary, almost all of my brothers have it.

Mine is pretty small, but enough to make me self-conscious and for my stomach to stick out further than my chest unless I really get big and do a lot of inner chest stuff.

My chest was my number one motivation for starting lifting. I finally said enough was enough and started lifting to fill it in

Attached: 1483221150619.gif (300x186, 2M)

What branch brother? It was Navy for me and I had absolutely no stress over Officer Candidate School after going through the struggle to get a waiver. It was like, none of this BS actually matters, I'm already in the Navy, do your worst, Gunny.

I only wish I'd started getting Jow Forums earlier, it would have made the early days easier and given me more confidence for my first tour. As it is I saw an Emi guide to running here that managed to get me through all the running in OCS, so at least that helped a lot.