Squats: Highbar vs Lowbar?

Well? Also, how deep do you go and how much of a concern is buttwink?

Attached: 71B9E630-6947-4CEC-9707-890C7ECC6D5D.jpg (900x600, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pdfs.semanticscholar.org/c0e6/e4d72c7c3148139ce1ab18e0017df0c2156a.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ATG highbar for hypertrophy, lowbar for egolifting and snap city

Some buttwink is to be expected and is not a problem

Attached: 325765_abu66Q2x.jpg (400x300, 25K)

What ever is more comfortable for you
You're probably a dyel

I'd happily look her in the eye all day while her butt winks

I do highbar just bellow parallel with a wide stance and toe-out angle since that's most comfortable for my knees.

I did low bar until I hit lmao2.5pl8 and I felt like I would hurt my back eventually
high bar never felt comfortable, started doing a hybrid with more upright torso which felt good, but eventually took the redpill and switched to front squat
>naturally a deeper squat
>more upright torso
>no bar loaded on your back
>looks cooler

Do whichever you like. I do highbar because I do weightlifting, and highbar feels better for me anyways. My back always feels like hot garbage after lowbar squatting.

>Also, how deep do you go

ASS TO THE GRASS

Is the wrist flexibility for it just something you develop over time?

why is that retarded bitch staring at the ceiling at the bottom of a squat lmao

Front squats are such a good ab excercise. Front squatting helped my deadlift and back squat

You can do crossarmed if you dont have the mobility for front rack.

Attached: photo2.jpg (600x567, 35K)

it's not as much wrist flexibility as it is t spine mobility

Stretch your upper back and chest. Deadhangs are great so are broomstick dislocations, your wrists will become more flexible but as you go up in weight having good upper back mobility will allow you to keep your elbows up

what the fuck is a butt wink

tfw not flexible enough for atg ;_:
deepest i can get without hip pain is parallel

Attached: 1549308808617[1].png (1032x746, 888K)

>ATG highbar for hypertrophy
>post a dyel Asian
Lol

t. shit looking faggot that doesn't high bar squat yet meme posts that everyone else should. post body and lifts, little man.

don't listen to the autistic fucks who tell you butt wink isn't a problem, mobility is EXTREMELY important for longevity in squats

>t. did squats for years ignoring buttwink and mediocre form untill i absolutely FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCKED my shit up in my lower back, and I haven't done a squat since then

Watch yourself squatting in the mirror from the side. Most peoples butt will wink right past parralel

low bar but my gym also has a kabuki transformer bar so i end up using that more cause its harder. and has carry over to deadlift

>I did low bar until I hit lmao2.5pl8 and I felt like I would hurt my back eventually

I low bar and squatted 445 x 5 last week. My back never hurts.

> switched to front squat

Retarded because you won't get as strong and it doesn't involve the hammies and with enough volume you'll develop quad tendinitis.

>My back never hurts.
I never said my back hurt, only that I felt I would eventually hurt my back.
>doesn't involve the hammies
that's what deadlifts are for

High bar for hypertrophy.
Low bar for competition or strength training.

I respond much better to high bar when I’m training volume. It makes my legs and ass grow very quickly because the back won’t help as much in the lift.

But when I’m doing lowbar, everything feels so much more stable and when I squat heavy, it allows me to control the hell out of the bar. Up to the point where I can decide which muscle will dominantly cause the lift.

Low bar to parallel, with front squats done deep as an accessory

> I never said my back hurt, only that I felt I would eventually hurt my back.

COPE because heavy low bar squats are hard and you're just trying to find some reason to not do them.

> that's what deadlifts are for

COPE because doing compound movements that utilize the most muscle mass possible is obviously not the right thing to do, r-r-right?

stay weak and enjoy your ruined FS knees, user.

>>naturally a deeper squat
why do people say this? it's patently false

because i can squat deeper with a loaded barbell on my shoulders than i can with one on my back

It's not false. It's true, but he's still stupid. Most people can barely break parallel in a proper low bar squat.

Are front squats redpilled?
I cant backsquat without horrible mobility issues and lower back pain
I can front squat without pain and am slowly progressing

Attached: sexy sex anime girls.jpg (1059x1500, 324K)

A mix of low bar, Smith squats and zerchers squats. I know some smug asshat will have something to say about using a Smith machine but you're wrong

Smith is such an underused tool because you can seriously overload partials easily - Anderson squats being a prime example

>checked
I am also a lower backlet due to injury and exclusively front squat now. Hit 290x1 on saturday and legs seem to be developing but I will report back in 6 months

None of you guys have backs that prevent you from low bar squatting, since low bar squats improve back pain.

You guys just don't know how to low bar squat and are making up excuses because learning to do it properly requires effort and you want the easy way out.

> I know some smug asshat will have something to say about using a Smith machine but you're wrong

What's your squat? I'm sure it's less than mine despite the fact that you do retarded meme Smith and Zercher squats.

I hurt myself deadlifting while cutting weight and both highbar and lowbar were not comfortable. I may switch to back squatting again eventually but I'm happy to be able to squat pain free doing front squats

Smith machine squats are retard-tier, but Zerchers will make a man out of you.

Just do what you want man. There is little to no difference between the leg development of High Bar and Low Bar (Find me a study). There’s like an inch separating them, what matters more is how far you stick your butt out, and no Low Bar is not automatically further outwards, it just depends on what level of sticking the butt out is comfortable, you can do both and find your only comfortable sticking your butt out to a certain degree. As for depth, squat down to where the crease of your hip is parallel to the top of your knee, by most federations’ standards, this is parallel. Just watch what professional powerlifters do. ATG in my opinion has only a minimal increase in leg hypertrophy but too much focus on ATG won’t increase your strength as much as you’ll be forced into doing lighter weights than necessary.

> (Find me a study)

THERE'S NO STUDY SO IT MUST NOT BE TRUE WAAAH WAAH WAAHH

> Just watch what professional powerlifters do

Watch what people do whose sole interest is lifting the most weight, and NOT the movement that makes you as strong as possible and NOT hypertrophy.

> and no Low Bar is not automatically further outwards

I don't know wtf "outwards" means, but a lower bar position *necessitates* a more horizontal back angle to keep the bar over your midfoot. This significantly changes the possible ROM and involves musculature in the lift.

god you're fucking retarded, kys. bet you can't even squat 3pl8

Weirdly, I have found front squats to be easiest on my knees

Zercher squats are retarded. They’re nothing more than an ego lift.
A squat’s purpose is development of the leg, glute, and back muscles. Zercher squats interfere with this because it’s all predicated upon how much weight you can hold in your cubital fossa, an anatomical area clearly never designed to bear weight. It has not only important blood vessels running through it but also the median nerve, which could easily be impinged considering the pronator teres muscle is a common impingement site and it’s close to where this weight is being held.

Zercher squats are pointless and will cause more harm than benefit.

holy shit you're a faggot. if they're squatting who gives a fuck if its low bar, high bars, or front squats?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

Front squat is the best. Anyone who disagrees is a mobilitylet and a corelet

based

cringe

>if they're squatting who gives a fuck if its low bar, high bars, or front squats?

Because front squats cannot be done nearly as heavy as back squats and will not make you nearly as strong, while also being much harder on your knees.

Cope, absolute cope
You could be able to front squat equal to your back squat. If you cannot, it means your core and upper back is too weak to handle the front squats.
Front squats put less shearing on your knees, it's the safest form of barbell squats
Cope

> You could be able to front squat equal to your back squat. If you cannot, it means your core and upper back is too weak to handle the front squats.

Are you fucking retarded? The front squat uses less muscle mass and a greater ROM. Of course you can't FS as much, even if you have a perfectly vertical torso.

> Front squats put less shearing on your knees,

It has basically zero hammie involvement, so the quads pull the fuck out of your patellar with no opposing force from your hammies. So knee shear is FAR greater in the FS.

You're an idiot. I also bet I absolutely mog your FS and BS, you weak cuck.

I do both high- and lowbar squats as part of my routine, and always ass-to-grass. The only real variation is in weight and if I hold for 2 seconds at the bottom of the lift or not.

I do about 6-8 reps for 3-5 sets.

ATG, NO BELT, NO KNEE SLEEVES, NO WRIST WRAPS, AT LEAST A TWO SECOND PAUSE AT THE BOTTOM, FIVE REP MINIMUM PER SET, HIGH BAR, FINAL DESTINATION

Attached: 1503952945754.png (273x258, 90K)

low bar just feels unnatural and unbalanced, I gotta do high bar

Most manlets need to do high bar for balance issues.

>The front squat uses less muscle mass and a greater ROM.
Front squat uses more muscle (Hint: you use more upper body muscles in a front squat) Get the hint now buddy?

>It has basically zero hammie involvement
Not true at all buddy, back squats and front squats have almost identical EMG muscle data activation, with front squats giving a little bit more quad activation, basically similar

pdfs.semanticscholar.org/c0e6/e4d72c7c3148139ce1ab18e0017df0c2156a.pdf
"A BIOMECHANICAL COMPARISON OF BACK AND
FRONT SQUATS IN HEALTHY TRAINED INDIVIDUALS"

>In our study, the back squat resulted in higher net compressive (proximal/distal) forces on the knee than the front squat

COPE

>Couldn’t find me a study
Stop ranting and raving and listen to what I was saying. The hypertrophy is very minimal between going to parallel and ATG; for the record I do both, do you do both? The bar placement does not have a significant effect on hip placement, it’s just where you place the bar. All a lower bar position does is put more of the weight on your arms as opposed to high bar, but this increased weight is minimal, most is still on your back. No matter how many comparison photos you find, all their doing is putting their hips out more. I’ve squatted both for years and I know how far I like to bring my hips out, it’s the same no matter the bar placement, you don’t have to stick them right out just because you’re doing low bar, anyone who does do that just prefers to squat that way. The bar placement does not “significantly affect ROM”, the bar remains over the mid foot for both if your back is straight, high bar is on top of the scapula, low bar is below it with the bar being pressed into it. Also I can squat 3 plate, but anyone can say anything on here so you don’t have to believe me if you don’t want to. Now go back to plebbit with your plebbit spacing faggot.

this, anything else is a cope or egoshit

well, I think I fall under "king of manlets" on the often posted height classification image, so that makes sense

Don't worry about it. I'm more comfortable with low bar myself because I'm 6'2".
Bottom line is that you do what feels natural, balanced and safe.

> Front squat uses more muscle

It's just not true. The more vertical back angle in the front squat shortens the hamstrings so that they cannot effectively contribute to the movement.

I don't know what these "upper body muscles are" that are used in the front squat but not in the back squat, you're making shit up.

Empirically, no one back squats anything near their front squat. Sorry, buddy.

So, y'know, COPE

Also what's your back squat and front squat?

im gonna JACK OFF to this pic, thank

>Empirically, no one back squats anything near their front squat. Sorry, buddy.
YOU dont. That's the difference. Your thinking everyone is as weak as you in front squat. Not everyone is as weak as you.

I back squat 250lbs and front squat 260lbs stronger than you

Are u on nofap ? dont do it

why not just pull up one of his actual works?
they're all beautifully vanilla

> stronger than you

ok lol

Attached: 1.png (362x270, 223K)

>heavy low bar squats are hard
COPE squared
All heavy squats are hard. Now try going high bar ATG and pause at the bottom if you think low bar squats are hard, faggot.

lmao you must have some weak ass hamstrings

Literal half squat, what's the point of squatting low bar with all that gear if you can't even hit depth? Lower the weight and correct your form first before going heavy dude

Not at all because I front squat

Attached: 82C476E3-EF7C-4DB0-8B99-E28605B2C64E.png (638x638, 770K)

>belt
>knee sleeves
COPE

>Literal half squat, what's the point of squatting low bar with all that gear if you can't even hit depth? Lower the weight and correct your form first before going heavy dude

Biggest COPE ever on Jow Forums and shows a significant lack of understanding of the low bar squat and the possible ROM.

Hip crease is significantly below the patella, and the guy that squats 405 1" below parallel is significantly stronger than the guy that does 315 ATG.

Stay weak, idiot.

the only reason you faggots low-bar squat is because you lack the ability to have mobility and you are to undisciplined to train your mobility so you cope with a low-bar squat with a shitty depth and range of motion.

Anyone who low-bar squats is an unhealthy slob

> the guy that squats 405 1" below parallel is significantly stronger than the guy that does 315 ATG.
No... the guy who squats 1 inch down and back up for 800lbs is not stronger than a guy who ATG squats 405lbs..
another cope

>you must have some weak ass hamstrings
>Not at all because I front squat
oh so you're just retarded. poor boy.

Attached: Front-Squat-Muscles-Worked-STACK.jpg (654x368, 82K)

t. 250 lb squatter

Yeah. But the guy that squats 405 ATG is significantly stronger than the guy low bar good morninging 405. Why the fuck did you compare 315 to 405 in the first place?

Also this.

Hm yes a coloured in diagram.. very scientific...
I guess if you back squat you literally have no quadriceps then? Cope

250lbs ATG high bar > 405lbs low bar not even hitting depth
This is the truth buddy

Bait

> Why the fuck did you compare 315 to 405 in the first place?

Arbitrary example

> Yeah. But the guy that squats 405 ATG is significantly stronger than the guy low bar good morninging 405.

Of course the guy doing 405 ATG is stronger than the guy low baring 405. You'd be retarded to believe otherwise.

But the whole point is--all other things being equal--the guy doing low bar wouldn't be doing 405 in this scenario, he'd be doing more. The low bar squat uses more muscle and allows you to get stronger faster than the high bar squat. The low bar squatter would hit the 405 sooner and surpass is than the high bar squatter would, and in the end would be stronger.

nice b8 m8

I can front squat 160 kg x 3 ATG right now and FS maybe once every two months. My entire FS strength comes from low bar back squats.

Ask me how I know you can't touch your toes

Reminder that only estrogen filled monstrocities care about their squat.

Attached: fNRMfkR.png (616x786, 489K)

> unironically believes that hamstring mobility is pertinent to squat ROM when it was explained 5 minutes ago that hamstrings play almost no role in the front squat and are very short

you're pretty dumb bro

Imagine thinking low-bar squats is superior to front squats and high bar squats, yet you can't even touch your toes. Literal mobilitylet and you are giving advice

t. 250 lb squatter

sauce?

Lmao. I hope this is bait

>Hm yes a coloured in diagram.. very scientific...
>I guess if you back squat you literally have no quadriceps then? Cope
kek imagine being this upset while wrong
I chose that diagram since it was probably at your level of understanding, given your posts. It's clearly still too complicated if that's the connection you draw to back squats. If you're too retarded to understand a graphic, you won't understand the literature. Maybe you should get a simpler and safer hobby.

>I back squat 250lbs and front squat 260lbs
holy fuck your legs are either unbalanced as fuck and/or you just have no idea how to program legs. jfc i almost can't imagine someone spending the time and effort in the gym for those numbers, but here we are

Attached: zza.png (1066x600, 276K)

lots of pretty dumb anons tonight

well which one helps when you're an immobile pleb who has tight as fuck hamstrings and weak glutes, like myself?

Do you want better hamstrings and glutes or do you want to work around those weaknesses?

lunges
also diddlys

lunges are a useless meme

This, but unironically.

Attached: 1448835184808.jpg (335x371, 24K)

There’s very little difference. If you want to compete in powerlifting, do lowbar. If you want to compete in weightlifting, do highbar and front. If you don’t want to compete, do whatever feels best or even all three (great to do front squats on your light squat day for example). You can move more weight lowbar, but there’s minimal difference in strength and size development between low and high.

How do you combat buttwink. What stretches are good for it?

Also i think my hip isn't aligned as when I'm bent over or in a squat, things don't seem perfectly straight. I think it's due to how I sit for a long period of time. Any advice on that? I've already started being more cautious on how I sit.

I do high bar because the position of the bar and the angle you stand at just doesn't feel right with low bar. Also I don't need extra hamstring recruitment when I deadlift already, I don't know why low bar is the standard now. No ATG because I don't do competitions.

Really though it's whatever feels best for you, which is probably whatever you did first. For me I don't know how anyone would do low bar correctly on their own with no guidance the first time they squat.

>manlets this manlets that
Go to the gym.

Lowbar ATG.
Highbar hurts my spine.
Never had issues with buttwink.
t. Scoliosis fag (32, 48)

> Lowbar ATG.

I bet you have awful knee slide.

Haven't had any issues with it, appreciate the concern regardless brudder.

Do your knees move forward past halfway down?

highbar and frontsquats. I find that buttwink usually is due to either weak posterior chain or poor dorsalflexion. Might as well do goodmornings and deadlifts instead of lowbar.

Only if I egolift when my friends are over.