Oy vey goy! You're not still drinking protein shakes are you? You know that stuff's bad for you! Here...

Oy vey goy! You're not still drinking protein shakes are you? You know that stuff's bad for you! Here, have some kale instead.

dailymail.co.uk/health/article-6977287/Protein-shakes-lead-weight-gain-depression-shorter-life-spans-study-suggests.html

Attached: oy vey stop getting swole goy.png (414x309, 78K)

I get my protons from food so idc

I actually don't, because I get enough protein from my normal, balanced diet. Benefits of not doing a meme diet like half this board, I guess

Attached: Jerry Wave.jpg (640x420, 47K)

>(BLANK) MAY LEAD TO (BLANK), STUDIES SUGGEST
>MAY
>SUGGEST
>AUSTRALIAN

Attached: 1555011982377.jpg (569x599, 31K)

>over-consumption of them (which is obviously bad)
>Australian study
>somehow this is a Jewish trick
Plenty of things you can blame them for, but blaming them for everything makes you look stupid and will let them get away with crimes they really did commit

Why does that claim seem so outrageous to you? Everyone on this board is depressed

>bulk-up beverages may lead to weight gain
Fuck you, Melbourne.

>weight gain
I sure fucking hope so

>study suggests
Every fucking time these stupid articles back up their bullshit by saying "XDDD MUH STUDY" and don't even show the study. Fuck off.

What protein powder has the most protein by 8 oz? Dont care abt taste

>bulk up beverages may lead to weight gain
Is this just a clever endorsement of mass gainers?

>everything I don't like is the Jews

mental patient

Body building was literally invented by Jews

Health and fitness is literally the opposite of bodybuilding

good thing im just eating 4 of these a day

#FUCKshakes #bottleslave #liquidcalories

Attached: 999999-63165646022.jpg (399x460, 36K)

>daily mail

Yeah, not sure they’re getting the point here

The article talks about protein shakes and 'pre-mix drinks' and then begins to attack the Branch Chain Amino Acids found in any complete protein complex. BCAAs in particular are supposed to work on the brain by competitively inhibiting tryptophan transport, lowering brain tryptophan uptake and serotonin synthesis and release in rats, and reputedly in humans preventing exercise induced increases in serotonin and fatigue. But this is disputed fairly heavily. The main benefits of BCAAs are probably peripherally (ie. the muscle sites) not centrally (the brain).

Other concerns behind the dangers of high BCAA levels are mainly associated with Leucine and its' multiple roles in brain signalling. Leucine is indirectly related to insulin secretion pathways (mTor etc.). Another product of these pathways is S6-H1 Kinase which inhibits insulin. Eventually the beta cells are exhausted by high Leucine levels and the S6 Kinase continues to inhibit insulin, eventually contributing to Type 2 Diabetes. However these pathways are immensely complicated and require a range of other factors to be present (glucose, etc.). Just because obese people tend to have more BCAAs (especially Leucine) floating around in their blood doesn't mean Leucine is of major concern.

Some studies find dementia and ALS like symptoms among athletes who consume lots of certain sports supplements including BCAAs, but obviously this is still contentious. Animal studies have found BCAAs making brain cells highly excitable which increases calcium absorption and eventually causes cell death. But these studies had animals administered high levels and sometimes intravenously, as opposed to humans orally dosing at low levels.

>Weight gain
That's the goal
>Depression
Can't get it twice
>Shorter life span
That's the goal

Based as fuck

>80g protein
Not gonna make it

>Bulk-up shakes might lead to weight gain
Do these people even read the swill they write?

My cummies

I believe it. Protein is for niggers too stupid to cook and want shortcuts. Focusing on full meals instead of shakes has done wonders for gains. Besides Ive heard stories about certain protein powders being unsafe due amount of heavy metals.
Also
>protein companies add creatine to whey
>retard consumer takes it
>"omg guise i gained 3 lbs in a week im going back to GNC"
>t. Former GNC manager.
Just eat food bitches

Attached: DJak6-RVoAAWIrM.jpg (620x400, 28K)

Lel

They're suggesting fat gain and diabetes like symptoms including insulin resistance, not muscle gain, nor muscle and fat gain together.

my man

>When the researchers overfed lab mice on BCAAs, the animals gorged themselves and became obese.
overfed... obese... overfed... obese...
must be those goddamn protons

Attached: 724433F1-B892-42AF-B110-E63F30EBE29C.jpg (690x960, 39K)

I know a lot of obese people who drink protein shakes under the guise of they need it to get buff then never work out.

but guys who end up doing 100+ grams of shakes a day also seem to be doomed to fail and maybe that's it too

I don't think people should be consuming protein isolates, animal protein comes with micros and nature probably knows best

Just my opinion

Is this correlation or causation though?

Is low carb a meme diet?

Isn't the point of protein to gain weight? Sounds like it's working as directed. As far as the depression and life span that always goes hand and hand with anything that is related to gaining weight.

>dailymail

Sort of, it should just be low sugar and not too much carb

El basado

Study suggests byyy the way

Clickbait articles are always the best sources for reporting scientific studies

Attached: nFyeZiqviKo1cB8_rLBe7J5QH8CrnjJLgQ1btIxpbvQ.png (751x746, 260K)

What's so bad about being right-wing though?

so exactly what every other sweetened beverage does but with nutrients that you body actually need included KEK

Being anything other than a far-left postmodernist diet communist in (current year) means you're basically hitler

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME???

You really have to ask what's wrong with supporting violence against trans*, Black, Latinx, and differently-abled folks?

postmodernism isn't really good anymore
t. postmodernist

based but also redpilled

"Right-wing" in this case just means not left leaning.

>weight gain
Yeah from all those sick muscular gains breah
>depression
Because I live in literal clownworld
>shorter lifespans
It's called suicide, cunt.

heh

Attached: dank mustache.jpg (500x498, 22K)

my protein powder has tryptophan

Based.
"Live fast, eat ass."

wtf is that pic

Attached: 1412869920169.png (518x428, 276K)

Nice

>Bulk-up drinks may lead to bulking
NO SHIT SHERLOCK

>While BCAAS are effective at building muscle and important parts of nutrition, the scientists insist we are better off getting them - alongside other proteins, like tryptophan - through diverse diets that contain chicken, fish, eggs, beans, lentils, nuts and soi

they still hate red meat

Creatine

Ayyy

Who tf reads dailymail in 2019? Are you a 78 years old grandma who thinks wifi causes cancer?

What were the people in that study putting in their protein shakes? A pure whey powder shake literally can't make you fat if you have a proper diet and you're only using it to get the extra protein you need. Your body will only turn protein into energy and fat if it absolutely has to. Otherwise it will bank it into muscle. It will save protein as protein so it has protein in case of an emergency.

>he doesn't put his whey on his cottage cheese but drinks it
Ngmi

The headline is true. Nobody needs extra protein in their diet

Attached: 1493556145204.jpg (262x206, 9K)

been on a milk/protein powder only diet for 31 days now, im down 25 pounds and my skin is glowing. thats just a clickbait article. im also swimming and elliptical every day and full body weight lifting twice a week.

I honestly dont see the downside

>My protein powder contains a specific protein
Funny how that works

Yes goyim! If you don't eat your daily food with protein in it you want to cut out your only source so that you will be deficient in it! We can't let you goyim get too smart!

what if I put kale in my shake

>may lead to weight gain

That's the entire point.

I wanted to try something like this for my cut. I added 5 eggs plus 2 fish fillets or cans of tuna just to mix it up. Comes out to about 1200 calories a day if you use almond milk for shakes and 180g of protien. Haven't lost any weight but water in 2 weeks but I feel amazing at least! Hopefully i'll start burning fat soon.

Nah the daily mail is fairly anti-semetic

Gonna make it

This is true

How come i can see you even though its so dark in here?

based

This guy gets it.
Plus
>daily mail

John Oliver of all people had a good segment on this. It’s on YouTube.

Well I hope so

utterly based and blackpilled

Attached: 1552873346644.png (249x249, 79K)

Oy vey! Don't become strong and healthy, remain weak, docile and skinnyfat!

Memes aside though, anyone stupid enough to believe shit like girls don't like muscles and protein is bad for you deserves to be a skinnyfat mess

glorious

Attached: wVSzTcM.gif (350x193, 3.01M)

I like how they say all protein shakes are bad based on findings which don't even seem to conclusively prove BCAA's are bad.

check mate, jews

based, I get 200g of protein without trying

based AND blackpilled