Training for grappling

How should one train if the goal is to get better at grappling sports?

3x5 barbell rows and RDLs are the base of my routine... what else should be included?

Attached: grappling-martial-art.jpg (740x400, 266K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mALKhxdSenI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

squats, bench press, military press, clean&jerk and snatches for strength and power.
pullups, chin ups with gi or towel grip.
strongman circuits for strength and endurance
high reps with lightweights and calisthenics for endurance.
running with interval sprints for 3 miles 5 times per week and sprint 100, 200, 400 meters for 3 miles 2 times per week. all of these on top of your daily practice

Weighted Neck exercises mostly curls but extensions and rotations too

Would actually do bw neck world daily for 20 reps to keep it healthy and come to actual training sessions weighted for reps if 15

Squats
Heavy hip thrusts for bridging
Weighted decline crunches & leg lifts
Bench
OHP
Weighted chins
And believe it or not cardio. Cardio is actually mandatory. Not talking about getting steps in either I mean hitting some low impact work to increase your gas tank. Can do this after grappling sessions which is what I would recommend or first thing in the morning. Cycling or swimming are best for the joints. Running is easiest as you just out shoes in and run.

From here depends on your sport.
I'd recommend grip training using captains of crush grippers focusing on max strength l
Can also do weighted rope climbs if you have access or put a towel or your GI over a pull up bar. Rope would be best desu.

Next it's just keeping joints healthy so a bit of bicep curls and tricep extensions.

From here it d

>Neck exercises mostly curls
Nice, I've been doing neck curls with 30kg sandbags for 3x15 eod, is that enough?

>Weighted chins
I do plenty chin-ups, but rarely loaded bc it isn't much practical (my bar won't really stand the wieght of myself plus some more)
The idea of training with towels seems great though, thanks

Would the following routine be good?

A
Bench press 3x5
Barbell rows 3x5
RDL 3x10
Curls + Rope triceps push down 3x15
Abs + Neck curls 3x20

B
Squat 3x5
OHP 3x5
Power clean 3x10
Curls + Rope triceps push down 3x15
Abs + Neck curls 3x20

C
Towel chin-ups 3x15
Dips 3x15

ABCABCx

I changed my entire workout pattern to 5x5 OHP, front squats, push press, and deadlifts only and I feel my grappling has improved due to the gym

That's not a bad routine desu, but you're missing upper some upper back strength.
Weighted pullups should do the trick.

I had a feeling I was missing something. Thanks bro

just do the phrak gslp, its similar

Attached: Phraks greyskull.png (547x465, 81K)

Farmers carries and other grip strength training is good

bump

This.
In Grappling sport, the posterior chain is actually more sollicited than the anterior chain, but for core.
Pull-up and DL are a must.
It it were only 5 exercises; pull-up, DL, squat, Handstand, abwheel roll out.
Fancy thing like bridges, muscle-up, cleans, burpees neck bridges can be thrown in. Overhead squats help immensly for shoulders, as well as .gif related if your shoulders need some stabilization.
Ab work is almost unnecessary with Abwheel, just some plank.

Attached: trx I Y T W L Low Split Split 2.gif (223x273, 3.4M)

youtube.com/watch?v=mALKhxdSenI
this one is good weight training for grappling (actual grappling is best tho)

Is Westside for Skinny Bastards any good for grappling?

no, SS is

Squats and deadlifts to lower your body's center of gravity and add mass.
Tons of grip work.
Neck training.

they're both shit.
What you seem to forget is that grappling is heavily reliant on mobility. Lifting weight won't give you much of this.

Attached: alliance armbar nogi variation.gif (480x439, 3.68M)

just have lots of gay sex that's basically what you'll be doing anyway

You want to get stronger on all the big lifts (squat, bench, deadlift, press, pull up, row). You should work in some variation of snatches and cleans. You should do some sort of weighted carry. Get strong on basic bodyweight movements. You need excellent conditioning. Use sled pushes, hill sprints, and sprints on bikes. Everything I said above also applies to football, rugby, or any sport like that. Some grappling specific notes: Lots of neck work, lots of grip work. Finally, remember that all of this is simply supplemental to the actual grappling training. Technique over everything. Don't neglect mobility either. It's a lot to do, but this is why I love grappling so much. You have to be a complete athlete.

Grappling is becoming the new powerlifting that if you just take a photo of yourself at a competition in the proper outfit then you get social media cred

What is a good routine then?

Bump

I just try to cover all my compounds and call it a day

Bench
Squat
DL

/

Hang clean
Rows
OHP

The best exercise for grappling is grappling. If you want to be stronger at it, roll. Roll lots. Roll everyday.

bumpo