When did you realize Jow Forums was just a novice circle jerk?

When did you realize Jow Forums was just a novice circle jerk?

Attached: dyel.jpg (800x768, 112K)

Like 4 days in, I still lurk tho, the shitposts are nice

Same

I realized when I was a noob who couldn't bench the bar. But it still pointed me to enough sources of information to get started.

>taking advice from anonymous

I knew what to expect before I came here. It's the same on every board on Jow Forums: there's a small amount of good advice, but most people here are either morons or larpers.

How is it possible to be unable to bench the bar? I have a skellymode friend whose only for of exercise is some pushups now and then and he still managed some 0.5pl8 reps when I showed him proper form

>tfw intermediate

Attached: 1555873632532.jpg (480x360, 14K)

The wisdom is in the crowd. You just need to be smart enough to figure out what's good and what's bullshit.

80/20 rules. 80% of the posters dont lift. So disregard most posts

it's rare, but I've seen it before as well. The guy couldn't even do the woman's bar, which I believe is only 35 lbs. He was able to push the woman's bar, but it was so wobly and uneven it became dangerous.

The trainer just had him "bench press" a couple of 5 lb plates, because the smallest DB was 10. At this point, it had become somewhat of a spectacle and several gym goers were participating. The local strongbuff old man loudly stated "This is what happens when you vote democrat"

>The wisdom is in the crowd.
Not on Jow Forums.

The secret is to visit boards except the one that's made for your question.
For example: Jow Forums is shit at everything fitness related, like, abysmally shit. It's just dogmatic noobs flaming each other. So, ask your fitness related questions on, say, Jow Forums or maybe /tg/, Don't make a thread for this, you'll get banned. Just try to find a thread that's kinda related to your question and post there.

The answers will be much better than anything you'd get on Jow Forums even on its best days.

The same hold true for every single board on Jow Forums. Don't got to Jow Forums with questions about politics or news. Don't go to Jow Forums when you're interested in weapons. Don't go to Jow Forums for relationship advice.

You can kinda coax out some good info on all kinds of things here, but you have to know how.

Honestly Jow Forums helped me w
•balding(cheap fin)Jow Forums
•fitness routines,apps,meal planning,dieting
•General literature(now I own philosophy books)/lit/
•Drawing /ic/
•Advice on how to wear suits /fa/
•got business ideas from Jow Forums but don't have the courage to apply

So far this is what I've gotten from the site. Still pretty shit life bc Im addicted and distracted by internet and I live w/o
•socialization
•a friend group
•gf
•good way to make $

I was 5'11" 140 lbs and I could not bench the bar when I was a college freshman. I'd never lifted before. I lost an arm wrestling match to my girlfriend. I somehow won actual wresting matches as a high schooler without cutting weight.

I was T-rex extreme. I could deadlift 225 the first time I tried. By the time I got my back squat to 3x5 245 I was still struggling with 3x5 115 lbs bench press. Took me like 6 months to reach 3 plate deadlift and well over a year to reach 135 bench press.

Im just here because deep inside of me Im lonely and I need a place to shate my wierd gym related humour and a shoulder to cry.

Did you figure out what was wrong? Biomechanics, form or straight up weakness?

I mean many people cant do a single proper pushup

I was the same way. You'd think I was Michael J Fox the way my empty bar was shaking.

>tfw when he was probly right wing lmao

Sorry for the delete, I had some typos and thought it was hard to follow. Straight up weakness. I've always had skinny arms. I was a hungry skeleton stereotype.

where do I find cheap fin, asking for a friend

Unless they also weigh 40kg, it's not the same
Well, I wish you joocy arms
What do you even do when a bodypart lags so much? More volume? If that was a solution, why don't normal programs have more volume overall?

I'll be honest. Train more consistently (which I did not do in college due to a variety of reasons unrelated to lifting). What does it matter if my bench press is 6 months to a year behind if I'm going to lift indefinitely?

True that. It matters more that you're getting stronger than how strong you are. However, because of some shotput I did in highschool, my right side is somewhat noticeably swoler than my left. And though most likely noone else noticed, it annoys me

Perhaps you could use it to your advantage >:)

Attached: MatthiasSchlitteArmWrestler.jpg (480x399, 32K)

That's annoying too, but lifting should mostly balance it out over time. Wrestling and boxing give me subtle asymmetries that used to bother me but eventually I stopped caring.

Jerkoff competition?
I got shoulder instability unfortunately. Last time I arm wrestled, I fucked my shit up and couldn't lift for a week
Though being drunk and wrestling 4 times in a row probably played a role. I'll be damned if I didn't beat them all though

Attached: 20190401_185019.png (717x1217, 334K)

>Does pushups
>Can perform a novice bench press
Gee I wonder why

Fucking LMAOing at all the jobbers here who start that weak though. I literally benched a plate my first day in the gym.

When I realized that everyone who spoke trash was actually less than half my size and can't even bench/squat my OHP (225 x 9) but think they have all the training knowledge in the world

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-01-03-03-07.png (720x1280, 725K)

Begone lookism roider

Attached: 1556600030941.jpg (914x232, 90K)

When I saw who were giving advices on Jow Forums I laughed and stop taking this seriously

Attached: fit advices.png (1317x644, 143K)

Post lifts and body

That's not what the 80/20 rule is you faggot ass retard.

>At this point, it had become somewhat of a spectacle and several gym goers were participating.
damn, don't traumatize the poor kid

Side note: Harsh's fit wiki says your protein base should be at least 20g protein with less than 100 kcal per 100g. That's literally impossible. 1g protein is 4kcal so 100g pure protein would be at least 400kcal. It hurts my brain.

harsh's wiki also suggests you do starting strength, lmfao

That's not as bad as a literally impossible idea.

sec, I'm about to try this

It used to be better now the only good posters are in fraud & plg

So basically the only routes out of novice are quit lifting, become an autistic strengthfag or give in and roid

About the same time I realized that it is comprised of mostly lonely people, who are afraid of women. The people I meet at the gym are funny, and outgoing, and always up to hijinks. Yet here, everyone is too afraid to even talk to another person. It's so bizarre. You would all have way more fun if you just loosened up a little bit and grew some courage

Attached: 1555672322996.jpg (1080x1144, 288K)

Neo, sooner or later you're going to realize just as I did that there's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path.

How dare you imply I'm not up to hijinks.

Harsh was a dyel brainlet, I was here when he was active.

>tfw been on niggertits since before Jow Forums

Yeah, I'm an oldfag. I still pop in from time to time just to keep my finger on the pulse of the hate machine; the more things change, the more they stay the same. I've seen the stats, I'm top percentage for strength, figured out a long time ago that high frequency works best for me and all the popular routines just get me injured. I'm glad fasting and low carb are getting more popular, I've been doing those for years. The vegan trolling/Discord tranny thing is one new thing under the sun, I'll give them that.

I'm going to attempt a 4 plate widowmaker this year, I'll record it and post it if I succeed.

Attached: 463852846.jpg (546x546, 120K)

Attached: 1529812074390.png (500x382, 57K)

The sticky is the most valuable resource out of this whole board. Everyone contradicts it so I know they're novices.

>read sticky
OK so I'l do SS and eat at a caloric deficit
>lurk for a few days
OK so I'll never masturbate again, eat a raw onion everyday and start mewing

Personally I am a fan of the 90% rule: 90% of everything in a category is shit. That includes your taste in music, my taste in music, and the opinions of the posters on any given board.

lmao based boomer

I'm just here for the memes and shitposts.

this was me at 160lbs. i can do 18 now and like 15 diamond pushups.

I really dont thing its a circle jerk tho

I realized this not too long ago
>be me
>late intermediate lifter
>also mid distance runner
>look on fit
>every thread other people start is full of people who cant bench 180, cant squat 250
>I have been doing that since i was 14
>every thread I start, its full of people who are breaking age and weight records
>"dude you ran a 5:30 mile, at 190lbs, 69 inches tall? lol, i did that when i was 10 years old, AND i was benching 350"
Jow Forums is the place where novices come after they get sick of youtube videos, and when they see someone challenge their novice/beginner level knowledge, they sperg out and make shit up.
Ill tell any novices who read this, experienced lifters know when you are lying. Just dont lie, there is no point.

When I was 20, ~235 at 96” I could only do 3x8 pushups while on my knees because I never exercised before that. My chest and arms were sore as fuck for the next few days too.

It’s definitely possible to be THAT weak.

>96"
Is this your height? Are you 8 feet tall?

This is true for everything. Its because someone who wants to troll about that topic will go to the board, but someone who is passionate about that topic but on another board will be inclined to respond to your post, but others won't care.

Probably a skinny Indian

Me too brother

Attached: tumblr_nyqjhqnIFc1v0pigno1_500.jpg (500x483, 80K)

Every single hobby board is filled with LARPers who don't practice what they preach, and usually don't practice at all.
Even the media consumption boards are filled with people who don't even fucking play games/watch movies/read books etc.

More news at 10.

absolute dogshit advice
for example, the resources /ic/ autistically hordes are top-notch but apparently you're a dumb faggot who'd rather ask /v/ or /ck/ for resources

Attached: eh_2.png (366x533, 62K)

>Taking advice from people harvesting upboats
Forums used to be helpful