/fast/ - #423 teaspoon not heaping teaspoon edition

FAQ
/fast/ discord
>discord.gg/dknZqPb
What is /fast/?
>Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

What’s the difference between intermittent fasting, water fasting, dry fasting, etc.?
>Intermittent fasting: Fasting for a certain amount of time with a short eating window. 16:8 (16 hours fasting, 8 hour eating window) is the bare minimum.
>Water fasting: Fasting with only water.
>Dry fasting: Fasting with no water. Dangerous, use with caution.

Why should I fast?
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11147801
>idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
>[YouTube] Fasting vs. Eating Less: What's the Difference? m.youtube.com/watch?v=sUhYmNRHFiU

How do I safely do an extended fast?
>Take snake juice, or just supplement electrolytes.
>Water=2L
>Potassium chloride =1 tsp (No Salt)
>Sodium chloride = 1/2 tsp (Himalayan Pink Salt)
>Sodium Bicarbonate = 1 tsp (Baking Soda)
>Magnesium Sulphate = 1/2 tsp (Food Grade Epsom Salts)
>Mix these in 2L of water and sip it throughout the day.
>[OPTIONAL] 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar and 4 tbsp lemon juice. DO NOT MIX with snake juice, drink separately.
>You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent fasting.

Won’t I go into starvation mode?
>No. The mainstream definition of starvation mode is a myth. Read the FAQ linked below for more information.

Will (something with calories) break my fast?
>Yes.

Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
>You can do whatever the fuck you want. We recommend avoiding those, sweeteners especially.

Do I need a multivitamin?
>No

Prolonged fast FAQ: fast.fandom.com/wiki/FAST_FAQ

losertown.org/eats/cal.php

Previous Thread:

Attached: IMG_20190501_180214_707-01.jpg (994x744, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pandaexpress.com/menu/entrees/broccoli-beef
twitter.com/AnonBabble

hey guys how do I fix my bitch tits? My name is gabriel by the way ha ha

Attached: gabriel.png (1572x2048, 3.08M)

Last thread died before I got a reply.

Just started fasting after bulking, currently doing 72 hour fasts, my friends want to go to a buffet the bad my fast ends, I don't need to worry too much about eating small my first day if I'm just doing 72 hour fasts, right? I don't want to accidentally make myself sick and throw up or anything.

Does hand cream brake a fast?

Electrolyte powder from Myprotein should arrive today and I'll also start my fast today with it.
100-102ish Kg, decently strong and built but with obvious amounts of fat, especially on my lovehandles. Will post pics of progress in about a week (5-7 days) and I'll also post about quality of life when using the electrolyte powder instead of snake juice (I can't find potassium for it).
Should help someone around here.

Attached: 1555394969416.png (747x557, 739K)

I want this horror show to end

This is me at 5’10 150lbs (was 330). I have no strength, just fat (Which id like to get rid of, goal weight being 135)

I have Hashimotos and fasting could literally be life threatening. What’s the optimal OMAD plan I can follow to cut 15 more pounds down by the end of next month?

Attached: 398BE69E-9260-44EC-87A8-41E4CFCA4D64.jpg (1543x1125, 1M)

Can I still use creatine when fasting though?
Also, what are the main things I should be noticing/looking for when fasting? I mean say I fasted for 3 days, how do I know I'm actually really in fast mode and I haven't broken my fast by random ass things like accidentally swallowing a bug in my sleep, or creatine, or accidentally brushing my teeth? Are there ways to verify whether I'm in fasting/autophagy mode or not?

Attached: 1551417564121.png (732x720, 806K)

Your loose skin is not that bad looking considered to those on the Dr Nowzaradan's show so I suggest swim whenever you got chance and check out snake diet Lawrence on youtube that guy also has loose skin yet he's doing pretty well

Attached: 1555946733908.gif (270x188, 1.78M)

No but why use chemicals? Use extra virgin coconut oil instead and thank me later

Can a lean person do a 3 day fast (94 hours) without fucking up?

I can do about 72 before I feel like I'm dying and start fainting, even though I take snake juice. When does it get easier? I can take it mentally, my body just gets weak.

Sup. Gay dude fasting here. I haven’t gotten a problem with fasting so far, but how will douching affect my bowel movement?

Attached: F822F5A7-C200-4E66-9735-C0F0CC66AC1F.jpg (2048x2048, 749K)

SCHLORP SCHLORP SCHLORP SCHLORP SCHLORP SCHLORP

Listen to your body. How lean are you?

prolly 5-10 lbs to go before bone lean

You will fuck the fuck out of your stomach with ibuprofen and no food in your stomach
Switch to naproxen sodium or acetaminophen
idk about antibiotics

>Sup, bro. Let's spend a day eating and drinking and having fun.

While this is but a setback, it really shows that anything you eat changes rapidly your weight.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (733x367, 64K)

I am somehow still losing weight despite family gains goblins. I'm going to make it eventually.

Probably just glycogen weight

what does omad stand for?

One
Meal
A
Day

You can say it's a 23-1 fasting cycle.

where is the video of the cartoon animation talking about 3 day fasts every week

Or that it's eating one meal a day, but you do you

Thinking of fasting every other day. Is that a good routine?

Yep
Eat the days you lift, fast the rest of the time

Am i going to break my fast if i grate some ginger into my tea?

If I'm a skinnyfat newb can I build muscle while fasting if I lift big?

Give it me straight bros, drank some tea which came with rose petals. Added water no sugar but swallowed one rose petals accidentally. Is it over?

Feels good man. Doing it for health reasons since I'm not fat, want dat sweet autophagy.

Attached: 20190502_080917.jpg (1066x1220, 164K)

how much snake juice do I have to drink to get to ciara mode?

Attached: DSC_0001.png (556x1140, 1M)

SS + GOMAD

>5'7"
>152
>still have mantits and a gut
guess i'm going for 140 boyz

I'd say just get bulking with muscle and fill in that skin.

>SS + GOMAD
bet!

I CAN'T STOP SHITTING AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1549703300076.jpg (600x600, 82K)

Drink less sj

>about to finish 48 hour fast in 3 hours
>drank mucho coffee
was it cheating

Take an enema an show that arse whose the boss

Attached: images (7).jpg (554x554, 42K)

How does it feel knowing you fucking idiots aren't doing everything to minimize nitrogen loss?

Depends who you ask.

black coffee? don't tell capsbro but nah, not cheating

hey, the body can use the nitrogen in the skin and supporting structure around my fat, i'm all for it. i'll just keep working out so it knows not to fuck with my muscles

I want to loose 25 lbs in a month

Doable?

What must be done to achieve this?

lol

Attached: Ciara-Horan-12.jpg (1280x960, 77K)

dude

dry fasting eats your useless skin

do it

you can lose even 50 lbs in a month if you're a man
33 lbs in a month if you're a female
eat this way to cut easily: and also workout

that's literally it, be consistent and don't make excuses and don't fuck up your meals

how fat are you?

Reminder fasting is a meme and you can keep a way higher net calorie loss by eating things with minimum amount of carbs, or by eating nothing and chewing gum and therefore keeping your metabolism high instead of going into starve mode

thanks mom

The point is to stop eating to lower insulin and reset insulin resistance, brainlet.
>Muh Starve Mode
>Eat more if you want to lose more weight
The absolute state of normalfags.

Then at least do cardio on your fast to keep the metabolism going fatty

You'll be fine.

You'll also be surprised how much less you'll be able to eat.

See

Felt weird lately, probably some kind of stomach virus. Decided to fast a bit. All was well until I tried lifting. Boy, fasting and high rep absolutely do not go together. At just 17h fasted I felt like death after a few sets of front squats and sumo deadlifts. Almost wanted to throw up, general weakness. Ate some chocolate hoping I'd feel better but I might have made it worse. Should I eat some meat?
For clarification, I'm not trying to lose weight right now

I do 20-25 mile bike rides while fasted 36-60 hours.

I did it guys, I did a 72hr fast.
Actually towards the end of it, I wasnt feeling lightheaded much anymore. WHic was good because I ended up having to drive about 200mi round trip to go pick up some stuff that evening.
I actually dry fasted the last 24 hours, and broke that on the drive home with a Monster Energy© Zero Ultra™.
This actually made me feel really good, memes aside, restored energy and quelled the stomach and head pains.
Then had half a chicken when I got home.
I actually felt like frowing up in the morning though and my stomach pains are still there but I feel better overall.
Does the can of monster break fast though? It has zero calories and zero sugar, but idk.

PSA: don't trust farts on an extended water fast, I just shit my pants

You're missing the point of a fast. I feel like I cheat when I have black coffee.

When the concrete evidence of autophagy is right here before your eyes your distractions and lies cannot harm me if you think fasting is only for fat loss you have to think again

Attached: sketch1551916504084.png (600x1095, 87K)

well it was after the 72 hours anyway.

Oh, ok, I misread. Good job on the 72, I haven't made it that far yet.

Hey bros. So is it okay to lift while on an extended fast? 14+ days

1kg is 3500 calories right?

>1kg is 3500 calories right?
depends on your BMI

1lb, very generally

i always read that its around 7k but snakeman cole says its around 3,5k

Where’s the proof

I need to eviscerate my bodyfat real fast, how can I burn 5lbs a day?

With an axe

What's "big" for you? Generally speaking you can't lift "big" as a skinnyfat newb, otherwise you would have been at least strongfat.

he says that fat cells also contain water so it's half what people think it is... but it always takes me exactly 7k to lose 1kg

Cole is a retard, what's new?

Snek juice guy changes his mind a lot. I watched several videos and in some he says eat fruit, in some he says avoid them. In some he says stay in keto and eat carnivore, in some he says it's retarded and to stop keto'ing.

>Your BMI will always go back to 23
How do I stop giving in to food commercials and reviews?

Attached: F296553C-2B2A-45F7-9407-AD65FFD51733.png (770x435, 579K)

I think it's because he's constantly trying new things privately on himself and his clients, but he only shares information on his channel every once and a while

The dude has been changing his mind on things for 2-3 years now. Now he says long fasts are fucking pointless, just do 72's with refeeds. Fuck this guy

48 hours in and I'm being a little bitch. How to go another 24? I'm dizzy, and yes I'm drinking snake juice

Dou you guys have a functioning brain? He said in that last video that if you are LEAN you can stick to 72s but if you are a fatass then fast as long as you can how hard to listen a video and relay the information contained? How hard?

Attached: 1555948832550.jpg (500x490, 53K)

he did not say that. you'd know what he said if you paid attention. he doesn't change his mind, he experiments and gets new ideas basically.

brain washed. How does it feel that your savior has been lifting for 10 years and you can't even tell.

No need to respond fat fucks, im outta here

Sleep thigh user let the hours pass soothingly

Attached: 1456265413811.jpg (800x600, 47K)

i can't sleep lel

my body is tired but my brain is alert

should I continue my lifting and cardio as usual during a water fast?

someone please shoot this guy.

>How do I safely do an extended fast?
>You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent fasting.
>Don't do this while intermittent fasting.

What does this mean? No snake juice while IF? Why?

probably because when doing IF you're not fasting long enough to need it

How to avoid killing gains when fasting?

Look up raloxifene or nolvadex gyno protocol.

snake guy
>tries new things, experiments
>isn't afraid to go against the mainstream advice
>reports his findings to the public

you
>afraid to try new things
>want easy answers
>go to youtube instead of doing research of self-experimentation
>be mad that someone changed their mind

yes

Same height as you, user, and have mantits and a gut. Currently 164, aiming for about 150. It's possible I can't get there without being super fucking skellington, but we'll see. It's less about the number and more about body composition for me. I don't like being 30% fat (verified by a full body dexa scan).

>Broke fast, ate a variety of whole, nutritious foods
>Don't get to eat again for another 60 or 84 hours

Attached: maxresdefault (8).jpg (1280x720, 113K)

Can I lose 15lbs in a week? I'm 260 6ft

>food commercials
>commercials
user you shouldn't be watching TV. Get news/entertainment from online and run with an adblocker.

Attached: into ye trash she goes.jpg (203x238, 25K)

Is Panda Express beef & broccoli with teriyaki chicken (no sauce) a good refeed meal. No rice or chow mein. Or should I just cook that shit myself?

Doing a 100 hour fast. When to start drinking snake juice? The first 24 hours are easy -- should I start after that?

can I fast while bulking?

Attached: 1548886042255.png (928x960, 311K)

I take some salt the first day but yeha in general you're fine not snaking until day 2

is alternate day fasting a waste of time? If not, how should I eat?

pandaexpress.com/menu/entrees/broccoli-beef