Ok /fit, redpill me on the effects of alcohol on muscle gain and fat loss

Ok /fit, redpill me on the effects of alcohol on muscle gain and fat loss

Attached: 61I6tUC00eL._SY679_.jpg (435x679, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(18)31310-2/fulltext
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18369928
realclearscience.com/journal_club/2014/02/20/if_you_booze_after_exercise_you_lose_108518.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

read the fucking sticky, there's useful stuff about alcohol in there.
beer has phytoestrogens in it if you buy into that meme so avoid it if you do. also has lots of calories and carbs.
most spirits like vodka, whiskey, gin, etc. are carb-free and mostly just pure alcohol calories.
it's okay to get smashed every so often but try avoiding eating while doing so.

It’s no different than any other food. The nature boy rick flair stayed wasted , look at him

There is two camps here;
1) if you drink you'll never make it
2) responsible drinking is okay EG drinking 1-2 times per month not in excess.

I've learned this as your 34 year old boomer uncle of /fit. once you get into your late 20s and especially your early 30s, you can not drink and be /fit. you can be strong and in decent shape, but you'll be sporting a beer gut (even if small) and leaving gains on the table. I quit drinking when I turned 31 and it is crystal clear how much better off I am than my peers who partake.

The question is this, would you like to exchange your highest potential for an expensive occasional buzz?

Your body stops burning fat until you process alcohol out, so if you're cutting its really counterintuitive if you have it too often

when you drink alcohol, your body treats it like a poison
all resources go toward metabolizing the poison out of your body asap
worse, if you eat during or after drinking, the calories just get stored since your body is busy metabolizing the alcohol

If you aren't tying to get down to 14%bf, then you can have 1 beer a night, and no more than 5/week
Or, If you are trying to actually make it, you can't drink.

Also, is drinking really _that_ important to you that you can't just stop for a few months? It's really not even that fun

>look at him
yeah, just look at him
>beer was ok for guy pumping himself full of hormones, so it must be ok for me ^-^

Attached: ricflairmainkey.jpg (1140x603, 33K)

If the rest of your diet is on point, getting blitzed once or twice a month isn’t going to make a meaningful impact on your gains.

>The question is this, would you like to exchange your highest potential for an expensive occasional buzz?

Or rather:

>Would you like to exchange having fun while still being stronger and better looking than most of your peers for a boring life just to lose all gains 10-20 years later?

>1) if you drink you'll never make it
>2) responsible drinking is okay
It really comes down to the person. Can you stop after 1 or 2 drinks? If not, you're better having none.

>worse, if you eat during or after drinking, the calories just get stored since your body is busy metabolizing the alcohol
Source?

Moderate amounts of alcohol have zero negative effects on fitness, strength gains, how lean you can get, etc. Not only that, red wine is good for the cardiovascular system.

I've never understood the appeal of one or two drinks. Why drink at all if not to get drunk? You don't need to go 15+, but why less than like 4?

I have to say this as much as it pains me. Used to drink a few beers a day but switched to Bourbon because “less calories”. Trying to lose about 15 pounds to get “ideal”. Going to the gym seriously working out for months and the pounds just won’t come off. Bit the bullet and stopped drinking and now the pounds ae just melting away. Dammit!

>try avoiding eating while doing so
why?

There used to be a beer commercial a few decades back that said “The One to drink when you are just having one!” My response was always “Why have one when you really want six?”

some user already said it, but your liver will focus on breaking down the alcohol before the food and the food will be stored as fat.

>once you get into your late 20s and especially your early 30s, you can not drink and be /fit

This is so true and it sucks. In my early 20s I could drink as much as I wanted and still lose weight. Now that I'm in my late 20s my metabolism has pretty much stopped and drinking just makes me fatter and fatter.

Depressing.

It's good for your heart, some alcohol tastes good, and the negative effects don't start til the 3rd serving.

>The hops in beer contain one of the most potent phytoestrogens you'll find in the American diet
>Alcohol diminishes sleep quality, diminished sleep quality increases cortisol and bodyfat, while lowering your recovery and muscle building
>Alcohol directly lowers testosterone production
>90% of alcohol is metabolized in the liver, taking priority over sugars, which are then converted into fat rather than being metabolized
>Alcohol contains incredibly dense calories

TL;DR: Lowers test, slows muscle building, makes you fat

Try being 65.

Nice mom science.

FUcks with protein synthesis

Try being 103

Achhhschually new studies show that no amount of alcohol is good for you.

thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(18)31310-2/fulltext

tl;dr the cancer risk of alcohol outweighs any benefits.

Also the studies that showed that alcohol/red wine is good for your heart were flawed: The study participants who did not consume alcohol were already fucked up with health problems or former alcoholics who quit.

Came to post this. Though most studies you find on this don’t take into account drinking that isn’t excessive. All the sources I see only look at those that drink copious amounts in one sitting.

I’m hoping to make it. 38 more years should be as fun as the last 65.

It depletes nutriants.
It's very hard for the
Body to process alcohol.
Moderation.

>studies show you might suffer longer when you deprive yourself of fun

I lift to take my mind off needing alcohol, I drink once a month.

Alcohol tastes bad and makes you feel like shit during and extra shit afterwards.
Lifting gives a 100x better "high" and you feel great during and afterwards.

Attached: eQ20E.jpg (384x313, 83K)

Makes you a pussy.

I could honestly care less. I gm going to drink once or twice a week for the rest of my life. Its fun and it is what people in my country do. We get together and laugh and have fun.

So... You couldn't care less, then

oh fucking boy here we go

If you're not trying to be a bodybuilder or an athlete, OR you have some serious health risk, why the fuck would you care?

I have at least 5 drinks a week, eat burgers and icecream all the time, and I still get mires on my physique from chicks. Yeah Im definitely not as shredded as I could be or as big as I could be, but I dont really care. I just wanna be strong and happy.

Obviously Im not retarded about it though, I eat mostly really clean meals and then allow myself a few dirty meals a week, and never binge drink or have more than a single drink in the night.

Attached: Pikasip.png (565x546, 263K)

post body

No I could care less. It does concern me but I am not going to not drink.

Not drinking is not boring fgt, you are. If you need to drink to have fun you're a grade A loser and should kys.

nice trips, checked

Attached: mire.png (542x885, 658K)

"I don't need DRUGS to have FUN!"
t. high schooler who never had a drink because he's afraid of his parents

nice lighting, kek

half natty baby

>tfw 18 yo high school senior/zoomer who got ahold of a bottle of scotch to drink on prom night while he sits in his room alone
I just want to drink away the pain of losing everything and forget for one night while all the people who used to be my friends enjoy themselves and party
>inb4 fuck off zoomer
Yeah I know, don't expect anyone to read my blogpost anyway

Attached: 1556078163156.png (1080x947, 453K)

stop being a retard whining on Jow Forums you faggot. enjoy using alcoholism as a coping mechanism for the rest of your life. grow the fuck up. lifes hard. stop being a baby

Bruh, i'm 34 and have done more drugs and alcohol than your entire loser family. and I know this, I have more fun not drinking.

> only problem in life is he didn't go to prom
> "losing everything"

I can't believe we were actually all that dumb when we were teens. Stop drinking and go do something with your life before it's too late.

You completely and willingly missed the point.

What was the point?

Ethanol is a POISON and your body consumes vital resources to rid itself of it, resources you body NEEDS to recover and rebuild after a workout. By drinking alcohol all the time you defeat the purpose of your workouts, slowing recovery, and ultimately sabotaging your overall gains.

Furthermore ethanol is EMPTY CALORIES; it can't be burned as fuel, is useless to your body because it is a poison, and turns to FAT in your liver. Eventually you can destroy your liver with it (then you die). This is what happens to hardcore alcoholics.

Ethanol use will also fuck up your sleep cycle. You won't get as deep a sleep as you would otherwise, which also sabotages your recovery and ultimately your gains.

1 or 2 beers a *week* won't cause any serious damage. But drinking *every day*, will.
Drinking excessively every day (e.g. alcohol abuser) will more-or-less *nullify* your gains -- and ruin the rest of your health.

Don't listen to the trolls, substance abusers, and dumb kids who will tell you shit like """men drink every day""" or """real men drink""" or whatever. Regular alcohol use, for anyone doing serious training for any reason, is *counterproductive*.

>The question is this, would you like to exchange your highest potential for an expensive occasional buzz

This guy is misselling abstinence. He's painting it as "all you have to do is never drink to be at peak gains" and "there's nothing really to be gained from being drunk".

you're such a faggot i'm not responding beyond this. don't fucking reply to me either.

>Not drinking is not boring fgt, you are. If you need to drink to have fun you're a grade A loser and should kys.
Spoken like a true Underage B& who sneaks into daddy's liquor cabinet, or sneaks out his bedroom window at night to """party""" with his other Underage B& friends.
GTFO kid.

okay

or like a 34 year old man with a rolex a bmw and an atheletic bitch with DD tits and a high test ass.

But what ever you need to tell yourself to continue your drinking is cool with me

stop larping

Sounds too good to be true, right? I must be larping. Enjoy your IPA fgt.

there's nothing you can do to prove to me that you're not larping, so maybe just stop posting :)

>one beer a night

Attached: 1477586112188.jpg (480x360, 33K)

>beer is highly estrogenic. Avoid.
>most other alcoholcs, especially wine, are very high in sugar
>alcohol disrupts protein synthesis: it literally inhibits your gains
>alcohol disrupts the body's ability to enter deep sleep: another huge gains goblin
>alcohol dehydrates you and makes many people feel like absolute shit the next day, making a workout difficult
>its empty calories, and most alcohol is very calorically dense. You'll add on a ton of calories getting wasted
It's real bad stuff. That all being said, unless youre a professional bodybuilder or athelete, having one or two drinks a week won't seriously inhibit progress.

High school is a fucking meme that you forget as soon as you leave. My life didn’t start till two years after I left it. Not a good sign if your highlife in life was high school either

Been drinking for a month and a half. Haven't lifted since. If I get a duo I'm going to suicide by cop. I want to write a note and keep it in my car so if I get pulled over they find it. I can't stop. 23 btw

Dui*

I mean, if you are curious you could just fucking Google it, but here you go

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18369928
"We have shown that protein synthesis is depressed in striated muscle after either acute alcohol intoxication or chronic alcohol ingestion. The loss of myofibrillar proteins occurs prior to any detection of abnormal muscle function in vivo. It is therefore of major importance to evaluate the regulation of protein turnover after ethanol consumption."

realclearscience.com/journal_club/2014/02/20/if_you_booze_after_exercise_you_lose_108518.html

been drinking 4 a night since I was 15, I'm 32. I barely even lift and I eat whatever I want whenever I want. My standard mcdonalds order is a big mac with fries and two triple cheeseburgers. You all just have terrible genetics.

Attached: 6.5 month.jpg (1072x643, 164K)

Drink up

Attached: E855BD18-BE5F-4D85-8522-6E1D843B87D7.jpg (960x750, 134K)

beeer makes you fatter, and alcohol in general blocks protein synthesis, a fundamental stage of muscle building.

based

You sound like a boring cunt.

You can't get pussy if you're not willing to participate in social drinking like in parties or clubs.

Sober inhibited people never/rarely fuck or even connect to each other or dare to say shit that might lead to sex. Drinking with friends of a friend most likely will get into some dash at the end of the night.

Why be swole and Jow Forums if you're just gonna be at places and do stuff that will never even make you see a girl to hit on?

Booze is basically the magic bullet when it comes to getting some.

>alcohol? No way. I’m serious about my physique. Besides, if you need alcohol to have a good time, you’re a pussy. This is why I have a superior physique

Attached: 6C725128-3DA1-4234-9DA4-3BF182F3A159.jpg (640x960, 64K)

Haha maybe if you’re beta. I work in sales and am constantly bombarded with social stimuli. Literally my job trains me to seduce and persuade people to my favor. If you have to use drugs to get with women you become that drugs bitch. It’s not that difficult and practice helps

Sure faggot

Yeah well fuck you I can't lift all day everyday so using lifting to take my mind off drink isn't an option.

I lost 10 lbs of water after a night of heavy drinking. I looked absolutely shredded. Imagine a night of being your ideal social self, followed by some whiskey dick making you last as long as you want and waking up next to a test boosting slam-pig looking like Adonis himself. Yeah, shit is terrible for you, but live it up or live it down and check out the toilet on that bitch.

>drinks a few
Feel like absolute shit the next day. Floppy morning erection
>drink a few cups of coffee
Feel like I’m going to have a panic attack
>chew tobacco
Every thing feels alright

But chewing tobacco is the worst of all of them. Rlly makes you think

> lost 10 pounds of water weight drinking

then you gained probably 12 pounds of water weight the following day chugging water.

Alcohol is shit but when you are past your teens and have a social life in your 20s and 30s you suddenly realize how little there is to do as a social activity with your friends.
Cutting alcohol and outside food is basically a social death sentence nowadays, unless you have a charming personality that will make people want to be around you despite you being a no fun prude. Since you are on Jow Forums I am assuming you definitely do not have a charming personality people love, so count your losses and decide what do you prefer to compromise with

Trips of truth. It's not our fault for lacking social development as kids. It is, however, our fault if we don't try and better ourselves.

Based salesman poster

Spikes blood sugar like anything, kills you, there's literally not a single reason to drink ever. Grow up.