Advice for stopping binge eating?

I'm a 20 year old guy who's been struggling with binge eating for around 2 years now. 190cm / 115kg

I'm really fucking addicted and feel terrible about myself. I keep having this mentality of "This will be my last binge and tomorrow I'll start fresh and eat clean." but the day after I'll binge again and say the same thing again.

Food is ruling my life at the moment.

I thought maybe some of you guys went through the same thing as I am right now and could give some advice.

Attached: Depositphotos_9437628_s.jpg (860x582, 448K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6234835/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3627933/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If you stop eating sugar and shitty processed foods you can binge all you like.

Although, when you stop your sugar addiction you will be less likely to binge.

Similiar position. 6ft, went from 340lb to 175lb, but since december ive gone up to 190lb because I binge eat. I keep telling myself i'll fast it off but I always break, and when i do i tell myself "welp, i just wasted all my progress so I might as well" and i binge. I know im a weak fag and its filling me with self hate. Im very afraid of rebounding and becoming an obesoid again, please help.

Attached: 1522848260042.png (655x675, 466K)

binge eating on a carnivore diet is difficult.

For me what worked is intentionally eating more voluminous portions of "normal" food that take a long time to eat, alongside the typical advice (not having junk food present at home to begin with).
For example, tons of potatoes, vegetables, maybe beans, rice etc., also any kind of soup or semi-soup. Fat is not usually a good choice in this schema because of the calorie density. The whole idea is to have large potions, big plates so you feel content afterwards.

90-95% of supposed "food addicts" are "addicted" to high-fat foods, less than 5% are "addicted" to foods low in fat and high in sugar. Sugar is almost never a relevant factor in food intake control problems.

Get disciplined, it’s really the only way.
Make a plan and if you fail go back to the plan, don’t compensate with overexersizing/undereating.

37yo manlet, my metabolism slowed down the last few years, i could binge a lot before without gaining, now i have to be more careful. i stopped buying junk snacks regularly and just eat an apple when getting an urge. i also started eating smaller portions and try to stay below resting tdee while being moderately active. carbonated water and green tea help to create the illusion of satiety. weight keeps dropping slowly but steadily, maybe a pound per week. trying to get from 155lbs to 135 so i'm in no hurry.

Attached: O2U0n5A.gif (389x229, 1.35M)

80% of food at a grocery store has added sugars. If you cut those things out of your diet and eat from the meat/dairy/produce section, you will lose your food addiction and stop bingeing.

Get a hobby and become a human being.

If you're going to binge eat, do it with food that isn't junk food, fast food, or microwaveable. Stock up on a decent amount of food so you are less tempted to go out a buy crap.

>90-95% of supposed "food addicts" are "addicted" to high-fat foods, less than 5% are "addicted" to foods low in fat and high in sugar. Sugar is almost never a relevant factor in food intake control problems.
You sure about that? I cannot imagine ever going for food because it was greasy, but I could see myself thinking about the breading. I'm doing keto right now and I eat untrimmed fatty steaks and cheese all the time and still maintain a 1000 -1200 cal diet and don't feel particularly hungry but the moment I break my diet to introduce carbs the next day my stomach literally hurts for more food, specifically carbs.
I'm going to politely disagree with you and say that people are getting addicted to carbohydrates.
Also the feeling of being full is a shitty dopamine hit that you should never chase. Fatties need to learn to stop taking comfort in food. Thats half the problem right there.

Americans consume more empty calories from added fat than added sugar, so your understanding of the issue is flawed in terms of basic facts, not just the underlying physiology. I also don't think you have a good grasp on the principles of coherent thought so I'm not really motivated to reply to you further.

Eat meat

Attached: D2jiiYAUwAEqgqJ.jpg:large.jpg (1577x2048, 291K)

You obviously don't have a good grasp on the principles of coherent thought if you disagree with him. What a cunt.

Do you consume artificial sweeteners?

I’m convinced they contribute to such binges. I’m working to cut them all out

Whole lotta brainlets in this thread, your binging has nothing to do with the food itself and everything to do with your brain and the bad decisions you made every single day that created the neural pathways associated so strongly with food. You want to feel happy and your body craves dopamine, which you get a fat hit of every time you binge, and the more you binge the more these neural pathways are reinforced. You have to break the cycle by starving the old neural pathways and building new ones associated with some other "dopamine raising" activity. Your neural pathways are built around eating 10k calories a few times a week? Eat the same amount every day so they get used to having the same calories every day. Your neural pathways are used to just food for dopamine? Get addicted to sex, or art, or music, or exercise. You've gotta fix ur brain mate.

Your body could be hungry for nutrients, try eating nutrient dense foods for a day and see if you still feel like binge eating.
If you binge because you're bored then you need to do something about it and add activities

ec stack

Same problem here. I'm skinny though cuz hyper active metabolism plus Crohn's Disease. Post break up I would bing eat from 7/11 about every day. Then in the morning I would down 3 cups of strong black coffee and blow everything out my ass. After wiping the partially undigested food, yellowy stomach bile and blood off my puckering ass hole I'd fast and walk it off a good 3 to 5 miles. I did this on and off for 3 and a half years. First it started with eating a pound of corn chips in one sitting, then a tub of Nutella, then candy, ice cream, pizza, bread and finally beer. My heart started hurting and I started running our of money so I cut back and my binge now might be a small bag of pretzels or something. Something I shouldn't be eating but is not catastrophic. I think I gave myself heart disease. This thought helped me get things under control. I also realized I binge ate not because I was hungry but because my life is horrible with no love or meaning or purpose. I'm 45 btw. Also I fasting made this much much worse. If you're hungry and spiritually empty you WILL binge. I've gotten much better through getting my life together, exercising, eating healthy (when not binging), mediating, practicing moderation, getting up early, socializing etc.

Accurate

Binge eating is escapism and/or filling your spiritual void with junk food values

Your body is secreting more insulin because you are resistant to it from years of eating like crap. You should do low carb if not keto. Maybe even try intermittent fasting. You just need to become sensitive to insulin again.

eat your own cum when you get hungry

OP Boy I can fucking relate. From about 19-23 I had serious problems with binge eating and had the same thoughts you did. I would just lose control and about cry myself to sleep. It's such a weird feeling it's like your brain shuts off and you aren't the one moving your hands preparing food.

At first, I fixed the problem by doing what
said.

Intermittent fasting, two large, high volume meals with a ton of food at low calories. Fasting is good because you train your mind to not be thinking about food. If you're not in your window, it's simply not time to eat. Plus, usually after your first big meal you'll be so full you won't be hungry for more.

But you need to be careful with this approach. I was stuffing myself with low calorie foods and avoiding dietary fat so I could eat more, in combination with high intensity exercise every day.

Long story short, heart was beginning to shut down and I landed in the ER with metabolic disorder, bone abnormalities, and a range of other Anorexia symptoms.

The point of this post is that the best route is to swallow your pride and get professional help user. It's a flawed state of mind that needs to be corrected.

I’ve been doing it too and it’s literally just a matter of doing it dude. Nothing’s making you eat 5000 calories of junk. Go out, buy 14 chicken breasts and a bag of potatoes. Cook it all and package 1 beast and 1 potato (baked) in a tubberware. That’s lunch and dinner. Breakfast just have a banana and some yogurt, a whey shake too. I understand what you’re going through but if you just consciously tell yourself “fuck that I want VAGINA! I DONT WANNA BE A FAT BETA WHO PEOPLE ARE ALL BETTER THAN!” And practice forcing yourself to stick with it you’ll get it man. 21 days. 3 weeks. That’s how long it takes to form a new habit or to break a bad one. 100% consistency for 21 days. That’s less than a month. Anyone can do this, but only YOU can do it for you. Stop posting these kinds of threads man it gets you no where and only helps you feel better about how you fucked up. You know what you need to do. Just do it.

I had the same thing, here is what helped:
-i decided to only eat ~2k kcal (im 6', 80kg)
-i opened a spread sheet and started to log kcal every day (and protein too)
-log my weight too so i can see how my average kcal intake affects my weight

Writing down the numbers really helped. It keeps you accountable, the binging itself wont just disappear in the past, you will see its effect on the numbers. It also helps to quit snacking, because you have to write it down every time.

watch amberlynn reid :^)

user your ass is not a source. Sugar is correlated with hunger and dopamine based addiction. Whereas fat and protein based foods are more likely to satiate hunger with lower caloric intake. Stop spreading missinformation.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6234835/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3627933/

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK53550/
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK53552/

>I keep having this mentality of "This will be my last binge and tomorrow I'll start fresh and eat clean."

Well that's clearly wrong, so you need to stop yourself when you think that and say "wait, no, that's wrong".

Then go do something fun like Vidya to distract yourself

Go fishing. Or hiking. Or anything outside, away from food.