You can't just bench press! You need to overhead press too!

>you can't just bench press! You need to overhead press too!

Attached: eee.jpg (647x740, 54K)

post lateral delts.

>Noooo, you can't skip cardio think about your heart

Attached: 1539091280164.gif (307x343, 22K)

t. presslet

If there is even a single exercise in existence that you aren't doing at least once a week, you are never gonna make it, brah

post shoulders

OHP is legitimately not a meme, but fuck me if i don't fucking hate it (alongside squats)

it drains the life essence out of you and you're pretty much playing dice with the devil every time you go heavy (no, your 1 pl8 press isn't "heavy") and risking a premium trip to snap city

FACT
Bench press < OHP

This

Attached: 8552.jpg (294x313, 55K)

It doesn't have great carryover to raw competition bench. Sometimes I run it during a training block and sometimes I sub in something else.

>He doesn't do The Press™

Attached: sinful.jpg (600x422, 58K)

Bench press has very little carryover to OHP, but OHP has close to 1:1 carryover to bench press

Learn how to OHP properly nerd. The bench press is a more dangerous lift.

Bench > OHP > Squat > Deadlift

Fight me faggots

Prove it

Attached: giphy (1).gif (320x176, 1.75M)

At what point in the lift do you notice the carryover from ohp? Looking to improve my bench

Don't expect much. I OHP 2pl8s and I can dead bench 2pl8s. I never train the bench press

Fuck. I think I'll stick with dumbbell shoulder press then. At least then I can ensure shoulder strength and stability symmetry

Train your triceps a lot

>world record powerlifting attempts = a lift is dangerous

The bench press is the only competition lift that has killed someone

>OHP and bench 2pl8
post body, im geniunely curious.

For starters the free scapular movement on OHP is much easier on your shoulders than being pinched to the bench on bench press

Based (at least concerning aesthetics)

>bench press is a more dangerous lift
But when.
The only reason i can think of is, the weight ratio is higher on bench, but that shouldnt count because the positioning of ohp is way, way worse.
Even more so if you dont have a rack to set it up on

Attached: 20190317_000646.jpg (598x440, 139K)

>all load directly on shoulder joint / rotator cuff exerting vertical downwards force

yup, sounds way better for your shoulders than BP

lookin good

Thanks. I'm around 20% bf so I'm lacking proper definition and vascularity though

People kill themselves Barbell Bench Pressing all the time. They either drop the bar on their face/head or they trap themselves under the bar. Everyone says that they are 'careful' but when you do an exercise for years accidents eventually happen, maybe you got tired, maybe you slipped, maybe you did everything right but the bar or safety equipment broke.
Dead Lift and Squat cause more injuries, but the Bench Press kills the most people.