Longevity of Strength

How to prevent long term lower back injury from squats and deadlifts? Don't want to gradually herniate my discs.

I would much rather be reasonably strong and aesthetic for life than get super strong and yuge for 10 years for my ego, then spend my late 30s onwards in pain and getting fat and decrepit. So, is there a SS weight I should stop at? Is 1/2/3/4 a reasonable plateau to do once a week and maintain for life? I'm not sure what the benefit of going higher weight would be. Or is even 1/2/3/4 higher than necessary?

I'm thinking really long term here. Whatever I do I want to still be doing it in my 90's. I do SS once a week, an hour of Yoga once a week for flexibility, and a short fast run once or twice a week. So far it's made me pretty big and aesthetic, at least enough for me.

Attached: fitoldguy.jpg (259x194, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hopkinsarthritis.org/arthritis-news/is-there-an-association-between-knee-height-and-the-prevalence-of-knee-pain/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just don't do either exercise.

But they're apparently really good for strength. I'm a bit confused, if something is supposed to make you stronger, surely if you build up the weight gradually it makes every part of your body stronger, the muscles that support your spine etc. If it damages your spine that's not making you stronger.

bump

Maybe the human body isn't suppose to continually take on that kind of stress.

That's what I'm asking

Don't roid, use good form and don't do competition tier maxes and you'll very probably be fine.

First off, I hope your not much taller than 6' or you can just welcome knee problems now.

6'5, why do you need to be a manlet not to get knee problems

Your lower back muscles will be fine, you spine and cartilage won't be. Why are you dead lifting/squatting in the first place? If you are competing in strongman or olympic weightlifting then you need to do them but if you just want to be healthy or look aesthetic then you can skip them entirely.

so what do u do instead?

Never heavy max out on anything, just continue to slowly progress 5-6 rep max and do plenty of stretching/mobility stuff

>not protecting your back with a strong posterior chain for long term health and to avoid back pains down the line
OP, ignore this retarded curlbro please

because being tall is a genetic defect

Reverse hypers traction out your spine and prevent it from happening

hopkinsarthritis.org/arthritis-news/is-there-an-association-between-knee-height-and-the-prevalence-of-knee-pain/

Have fun with your inevitable arthritis.

I am. The question was the best way to protect the spine while doing squats and DLs, and asking to clear up the confusion about how they supposedly make your spine stronger and damage it at the same time. Listened to a Rippetoe podcast about it and that explained it.

Just do hella core exercises.

Take me down to the COPE city where the COPE is green and the girls are COPE

How much damage would doing your weight in squats and double your weight in deadlifts be doing?

1 plate bench - high reps
2 plate squat - high reps
3 plate deadlift - low reps
. 75 plate press - high reps

Alternately, focus on kettlebells and jump rope

Attached: 1556558365825.png (762x496, 253K)

Attached: 1556499844219.jpg (299x168, 9K)

Just have good form and don’t test your maxes often if at all. If your back muscles are strong enough to keep your spine neutral under load, they’re already keeping your back safe from shear forces. There’s no arbitrary weight limit, it’s just the weight that causes you to lose spinal extension that will damage your discs or whatever.

Have fun being so bitter you have articles on hand to drag people down. We all degenerate and die, my little friend