Jow Forums approved protein

What do you guys think about protein powders? Is there actually a benefit besides not having to eat as much? What kind do you use, and what should I look for?

Attached: 86926E8E-C533-49AD-9A55-E32078B8B147.jpg (750x746, 383K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=grW9venZLJY&feature=youtu.be&t=318
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

just eat real food faggot

Ok that’s what I thought

its not about not having to eat as much, its about making up the difference in protein you need vs what you get through food. say you weigh 170lbs and are cutting. you need to eat approx. 255 grams of protein a day, which is difficult to achieve when doing tdee-500cal since you are cutting. so you eat less tocut and consume say 100g of protein, and drink the other 155g, you get the needed protein and stay under tdee.
I suggest whey, the flavor is subjective, i like choccy ones

>you need to eat approx. 255 grams of protein a day
no you don't.

drinking 155g of whey is very bad for your kidney. And whey gets digested kinda quick compared to normal food.

1,5 * weight in lbs is the suggested amount for cutting

just random numbers to give an idea of what the point is, not an exact guide. of course you would eat more, 100 is just a nice number
also
>scooplet

Have anything to back it up that isn't from any body building sources or people that try to push protein supplements?

1.5g per pound of lean body weight, buddeh. I think you fucked up.

Nutrabio master race.
No better protein right after a workout. Quickly absorbed, no 50Y and better than eating meat that will take a while to absorb. Outside of the anabolic window, just eat meat but for post workout, this is the ubermensch protein source.

Attached: 88DEB12C-FA2F-44C0-B127-DEFBCB0E702B.jpg (1242x1240, 204K)

Fucking retard

MyProtein or ON

I got some bio nut for you
*grabs dick*

>back it up that isn't from any body building sources
where from then?
protein builds muscle, having lots of it while eating less cal than you use makes the body use the fat on you for energy.
read the sticky

No brand protein. It's 78% protein and dirt cheap.

How about this one? I've been using it for about a month.

Attached: Capture.jpg (434x523, 29K)

>unflavored
why

Unflavored protein only. What the fuck you need some chocolate fruit loop vanilla bullshit to satiate your raped and fucked tastebuds?

>not buying 10lb bags
You can get them for about 10-20% cheaper buying in bulk

1. You don't need that amount
2. Your body cannot absorb that amount in a day

Unflavored because a lot of flavor additives have harmful shit in them; the flavorlessness doesn't bother me.
Also this type from this brand is only filtered so afaik no chemical processing (hydrolyzed, etc).

An academic study?

>255g of protein a day

Unflavored has literally become my favorite flavor. Creamy smooth taste of clean protein. Can’t go back to that Amerifat tier choco shake garbage

What's the problem? That's easy.

> 255 grams of protein a day
nigga what?

Attached: high protein diet.jpg (780x650, 43K)

t. scooplet
ngmi like that

its like you dont wanna make it

myprotein smores flavor i likey

OP here

>255 g protein a day

Good luck with kidney failure

Should I?

Attached: A7460386-4D21-4D53-99FC-75733257C5DE.jpg (4032x3024, 1.86M)

None of you fags even read the sticky.

Goal body weight = 1g per protein

You want to weigh 190? Eat 190g protein a day

You want to weigh 175? 175g protein

Its simple

Thanks for the suggestions everybody. A onions free, quality protein for a fair price is what I want. I’ll check out what everybody posted

>Goal body weight = 1g per protein
what

no, there is a reason its so cheap. its shit. go on amazon and purchase a good tub, if you are not getting the good stuff, its not worth getting

lmao i want to be 165 but i'm 180 so i'll eat less protein even though i'm on a cut, makes perfect sense right?

EAT ONE GRAM OF PROTEIN FOR EVERY POUND YOU WANT TO WEIGH, PER DAY. AKA WANT TO WEIGH 190 POUNDS, EAT 190 GRAMS

Just buy whatever tastes ok and is cheapest, if you wanna gain weight and are a lazy faggot like me get one with oats in it.

> The sticky is near a decade old.
> Half the links are dead.
> The protein consumption guidelines have no references

>not reading the sticky
it says 1g per lb of body weight, not goal body weight.

>not buying unflavoured then mixing it with coffee for ultimate power

Grocery outlet sells shit for real cheap prices though

Come on go-guys, you need your protein powders to gain muscle. You will never gain muscle by eating normally. Didn't you know the Roman's and Greeks took protein powder as well?

The fucking sticky says that for cutting you need to eat 1.5g protein per lb. Did you read it? That's where OP is gettin his number from.

That being said protein powders can be hard for your kidneys to process and can just end up getting you fat past the recommended serving sizes. I wouldn't drink more than 50g of protein shakes a day.

youtube.com/watch?v=grW9venZLJY&feature=youtu.be&t=318 (5:18)

I’m pretty poor though and need whey to fill in as extra protein
I’m not gonna bring a five course meal to the gym, nigger

I just drink Whole Milk cause its way tastier than Shlomos protein powder

Protein powder is for when you don't meet the right amount of protein but you ate (or will eat) all your meals for the day, not to save money. Go check out the sale section for meat if you want that.

I like dymatize and muscle feast

They ate yoghurt you fucking idiot. That shit was literally full of whey. They didnt have the tech to make it into powder so they literally drank the whey in liquid form you dumbfuck

So you don't need this supplement bullshit and can just have a normal fucking diet.

35p for 23 grams of protein without additional fat or carbs added onto a good diet is better than just a diet. Just because you cant afford it.

i have some. tastes awful

ive been having great results with it. i think it is specially helpful for people who eat a lot and dont get fat

actually 3,2g/kg is better

how's muscle milk? am i retarded?

Attached: 81cS7o5rNJL._SL1500_.jpg (1286x1500, 154K)

Yes

Attached: 13277555-E3A8-417F-A287-AF2369C94FF3.jpg (800x400, 35K)

my favorite
and yours?

Attached: 1537046396469.png (702x1000, 441K)

Just bought cellucor peanutbutter and marshmallow whey its not bad ON is the best tho

>Scooplet

Attached: 1557168837272.jpg (471x388, 94K)

I drink one caseine protein shake just before sleep, helps to even out daily protein intake. No more processed protein through the day, then again it's only 160g of protein per day for me, so it's easy to reach with normal foods.

lollerskates

What do you guys think of mass gainer protein powder? My PT recommended it since I'm pretty lightweight and have trouble eating 3000 calories in a day without resorting to fast food.

Attached: think1.gif (444x444, 585K)