How do I survive life sober?

When I stop I always last like 1-2 weeks then relapse. My dilemma is this: I like alcohol but I also love the fucking gym.

Attached: alcohol.jpg (259x194, 10K)

Stay busy. I cannot emphasize this enough. Stay fucking busy, even if it's playing fucking video games. Preferably stay busy with things that are more difficult or unpleasant when drunk. Do NOT let yourself have any idle time if you can help it. It gets a lot better after 2-3 months being sober.

From an old boss who's a recovering alcoholic: anything self-care related you feel like you need to do, do it. Want to sleep: sleep. Want to jerk off: jerk off. You want to eat a bunch of McDonalds, do it. He said the first 3m are all about learning how to take of yourself without drinking/intoxicants. People care about you and want you to get better, remember that. Hope this helps man.

You can drink as much as you want in hell, but it will give you no comfort.

Sounds weird but weed helped me. If im smoking at home im more likely to only drink 1 beer or drink. Idk why but i just slow the fuck down on drinking (i think i get too focussed on my activity)

>I stay sober by taking a drug that fucks me up

Attached: 1554852130842.png (434x521, 43K)

Stop being a beta bitch. Use some willpower and decide what's more important, alcohol or health. The drug (alcohol) is creating cognitive dissonance in your mind. It's only going to get worse the longer you keep habitually drinking.

Man cannot serve two masters.

Attached: 1546148657037.png (580x582, 113K)

i'm not an alcoholic but i love alcohol and have recently learned that i'm allergic. when i drink, 2-3 days later i get red itchy flaky skin all over my body, especially my fucking face, and it's hell. it's a shame cause now i can never go out for drinks with a new lady, enjoy celebration champagne, drink with my family, drink whisky with my grandpa (one of the things we do), go out on a night out with my mates etc. really fucking hate the way this has turned out. sorry if i sound like a fag i just want to keep drinking cause i love social drinking.

Attached: Screenshot_20190509-180950_Chrome.jpg (1080x824, 301K)

Its true man the drug starts taking over your thought process. I crave alcohol even when i know damn well i have responsibilities that i need to be mentally present for. Thats the alcohol taking a hold

Dont drink in excess and have some fucking self control. I have two drinks max most days, and then rage one day every other week

Fuck brainlet me didnt read the whole thing. Its helped me become more sober and i dont have cravings anymore (beyond behavioural ones and cultural ones). That said i make beer for a living so being completly sober is maybe no go.

not once did user use the word sober you straw-manning cunts

>imagine being so retarded that you click on a thread with the first sentence being "how do I stay sober", then you come to the defense of a random stranger on the internet who recommended weed as a way to stay sober

Take it easy there Cheech, that weed is slowing you down

Dry fast for 72 hours

just dont go out. it isnt hard. focus on getting juicy then you can have chicks come over to your spot without having to go out and pick them up at bars

>hookups
>knowing your home address
user no

lmao

Commit to the suffering to achieve greatness

Attached: 1552856732381.png (1252x872, 2.42M)

Are you an alcoholic? Do you really wanna stop or just take a break?

about to finish my first day of sobriety lads, hopefully with many more to come.

Attached: 1551825742732.jpg (500x669, 81K)

drink in moderation obviously
if you're alcoholic than you shouldn't touch the stuff altogether

Attached: recommended vodka.png (3728x1832, 3.81M)

For me it was an LSD trip. Just unwired whatever it was i my brain that was craving things.

Just drink non-alcoholic vodka.

When I stop I always last like 1-2 weeks then relapse. My dilemma is this: I like alcohol but I also love the fucking gym. It's my only chance at getting my body back to it's pre-coffee days. I have been sober for almost four years, and it's been the only thing that's really made me feel like I'm strong again. But I've been sober with no gym, no workout buddies — no excuses for not making weight, even getting a job in the fitness industry.

So as long as my life is as healthy as it can be I must do this. So I'll do it.

The gym is where I learn to get my shit together again and get more out of the process. That means eating right and making sure I'm taking my vitamin K supplement for my thyroid too. I also work out for fun and not to feel so sad.

I'm now a fitness model. I'm making more money out there than at any point since I was 21. I still get some clients in the office

Attached: vvv.png (1050x855, 120K)

You don't like alcohol, stop being a lying bitch.

get addicted to something else

why do people do that ?

This is solid advice. My first 3 months of sobriety sucked ass. Now I can't imagine picking up a drink again.
Meditation, Sleep, and Reading are critical to me. I go to meetings occasionally, but find AA too cult like.

If you can't stop, you're an alcoholic. I used to tell myself I just like drinking too, but I was an alcoholic. The key is thinking differently about the cravings. Try this out:
rational.org

>t. sober and free of cravings since January, after 10 years of alcoholism

BASED

This.

Attached: 1553526442045.jpg (271x186, 9K)

I'm finding it hard only started trying to get fit after my birthday last week.the week before that I drank a case of beer every night for a week felt disgusted by myself.i work in security and would drink Friday to Sunday after work I would always drink beer going to leave 15 mins later so I just have time to get there.its been a week at this point since I last drank not going to be stupid and say I will never drink again but I'm aiming to stay dry till August when it's my cousins wedding.

learn to enjoy alcohol like a normally functioning adult and stop being a broken freak

You have to really want it. I've been sober for 7 years and when I quit I knew it was the last time because I made a promise to myself, which sounds lame, but it is the reason I succeeded. I made a pact with myself, and it doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks because when it comes to being sober I value how I feel about myself more than how anyone else sees me. Any time I've ever been pressured into drinking or in a situation with it I always put what I want first and I never forget how important that desicion was for me. That's how you do it.

Talk To Transformer is fucking fantastic.

I used to be the same way with soda. The thing to remember is that its empty calories that will hinder your progress. Those calories can be better spent by eating chicken or veggies. Drunkenness leads to all sorts of things that will be even bigger gains goblins.

You need to want to stay sober. If you're relapsing that means, you haven't found a reason strong enough for yourself to stop drinking; i.e there are situations, where in your mind, it doesn't make sense not to drink.
Most people find it hard to quit whatever substance (I did too), because not drinking or not smoking feels like a chore, and like you're missing out on something. If you can get away from that line of thinking, you'll realise there is no alternative to stopping. desu

Yep. I was the other way, I partied a lot, and I thought I was at risk of alcoholism and never getting and keeping nice abs. But as a test, I stopped drinking for a month and it wasn't hard at all for me. Now I still drink for fun, but I drink a lot less.

But if you can't control it, stop entirely.

Alcohol is literal poison, and the only reason shit's not outlawed and prohibited is because the jew successfully pushed and lobbied for it until it's become an integral part of several societies and can no longer be outlawed without people throwing a fit.

Aside from the societal effects, Alcohol is empty calories, contributing nothing to your macros, only giving you more energy to be turned to fat, it fucks up your liver, your digestive system, and wrecks havoc on the rest of your body.

Realize you're using Alcohol for escapism, just running away from your problems, and everyone knows how that works out in the long run.

And if you're using the shit for anxiety or the like, you're better off seeing a therapist.

Attached: 1556139767259.jpg (480x480, 51K)

I am not an alcoholic, but I had to give it up due to medication (lithium for being bi-polar) and it sucks honestly. I love beer.
When does it stop sucking?

1-2 times a month is not catastrophic if you are not like Snaku and get blackout drunk every time. If you have trouble getting results the issue is something else than drinking. Given you only drink this much.

Quitting booze had been s cake walk compared to quitting weed
Only thing I have left to quit is cigarettes, which will be the hardest of all.

It's all about forming new habits, when I want to have a beer or joint I just hop on the bike for 5 min and get a little boost and try to forget

Attached: 1557141843124.jpg (1024x518, 50K)

No, this is shit advice, this is running from the problem. OP should have an heavy Ayahuasca session

Im not sure ayahuasca would help as i have not done it it has to be said, im just posting by intuision

Cycling did it for me.

I used to down a 6pack ever other day, sometimes daily

then i started cycling regularly, on weekends and even started cycling to work

but the real push was joining a race, where i had to train and focus all my efforts for the weeks beforehand, no time for alcohol

Attached: yesicycle.png (601x677, 165K)

>this is shit advice
>here, try witch doctor crap instead

Yes, because drugs are totally the answer. Fuck you, degenerate

"How do I survive life sober?"
>literally the first sentence of the OP

Good luck.

When is somebody an alcoholic?

I quit weed myself because it makes me feel dumb and lazy but it's still a hell of a lot better than having an alcohol addiction. The only downside to smoking weed is shit sleep.

This

I quit a 4 year opiate and heroin addiction on my own without the help of NA or any other bullshit.

I had to become mentally strong, I had to gain discipline. I basically had to grow up.

I was drinking whiskey almost every night (3-4 shots or sipping) and i asked my wife if I got fatter and she said yes. I looked in the mirror and when I saw that I had man boobs and my stomach was getting fatter, I said fuck that, im working out and quitting whiskey for awhile. Needless to say, after 2 and a half weeks of working out and doing cardio on ky off days, I've lost my man boobs and a lot of my stomach and side fat. I also traded my late night whiskey shennanigans with playing video games with friends. I think what did it for me was hating seeing how I looked and said ENOUGH, while also replacing my time with video games.

After 4 months without binge drinking, last monday i chunk down 7 beers. Never fucking again, only had fun for 4 hours and felt like shit all week. My workouts were torture. It isnt worth it. Cant believe that in the past i was drinking 20 beers a week.

>finlandia anywhere near recommended vodkas
what the actual fuck

as a recovering addict these type of threads are so fucking insulting and sad even with the trolling
people are amazing

Take it a day at a time user. Go along the lines of “I am not going to drink today.” Don’t think about anything else, be it tomorrow or yesterday. Repeat.

I had to nearly die a couple of times before the cravings went away. Hitting bottom was the only thing that worked for me. Good luck.

one thing that helped me is hot baths / hot tubs while chugging lots of club soda mixed with pure cranberry juice or lemon / lime juice. nothing with sugar added.

Can I ask why this combo worked for you? Does it just help get the toxins out of your body or something?

Attached: 1544306010822.gif (400x300, 1.64M)

I think the hot tub helps with relaxation, and the light-headedness sort of feels a bit like 'going somewhere else', so it's a bit of an altered state of mind.
The club soda is because I'm in the habit of constantly drinking, it doesn't really matter what it is. But the carbonation is pleasant. I've heard a lot of ex alcoholics use club soda, so maybe there's something to it.

That's interesting! I've known a few alcoholics that drink club soda too.