/Home Gym/

Who here /home gym/ master race?

I want to make a home gym. Any /home gym/ bros here? Can you help me get started? What power racks, bars, weights, dumbbells, accessories do your recommend?

Attached: home gym.jpg (600x987, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/TDS-Threaded-Dumbell-Bars-Sold/dp/B00PX0JDLO
strengthshop.ch/kurzhanteln-dumbbells/olympic-dumbbell-handle-kurzhantelstange.html
ironmind-store.com/Big-Boy-Dumbbell-Bars153-pair-with-BD-Collars/productinfo/1224/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

titan t2 rack
rogue bar 2.0 or ohio bar
incline bench (wish I had gotten one) instead of just a flat one)
and just get plates from dicks or wherever, you really can't find any good deals on plates anywhere because they are always getting bought up by resellers

You don't have to buy it all upfront if you can't afford it. Just get a bench, a rack, a barbell and some plates. Then you add more plates as you go and you can upgrade your bar and rack when you need to. Maybe get some oly dumbell handles too.

Get an adjustable bench, if you absolutely cant, then just get a flat one. Don't buy those meme dumbbells with a fixed weight, get ones with removeable plates- my friend did that and was lifting the same extremely light weight for almost a year and saw no results

Since I'm not american, I can't recommend you the same brands.
I think everything you need is:
1 Squat rack that can also be used to bench press
1 retractable bench
1 1.80m-2.00m barbell
2 45cm barbells for customized dumbells
Lots of plates in all sizes and weights. This is where you're gonna spend most of your budget, but if you're just starting, then you can buy only a few/month as you're progressing and needing more wheight. That's what I did and the plates didnt get so heavy (heh) in my monthly budget.

Ofc you can stepup and buy lattes and calves machines, or fixed weight dumbells (changing weights everytime is gonna piss you off at some point) but is not as necessary and crucial as the itens mentioned above.

I also recomend you a pullup bar and gymnastic rings. If you pay rent, don't buy a door bar, but a wall one. It seems counter intuitive, but mostly door frames are made of wood, and the bar will let a huge mark there. Its way easier to fill some small holes in the wall and painting it over before handind the house to your landlord when you move.

>and just get plates from dicks
Are any plates from DIck's good? I see a few options. Just wondering because I don't want to spend my shekels unwisely on a subpar product.

yeah I have the ethos bumpers in 45's and 25's and "fitness gear" metal ones in smaller weights, they work fine. the iron ones are cheaper but more noisy and my rack is in my bedroom and I like to deadlift in the middle of the night so that's why I got the bumpers

Should I get the bumpers even if I don't plan on doing any weightlifting movements?

if you don't care about noise or damaing your floor, no, there's no reason for bumpers. just get whatevers cheapest.

titan t3 cheap ass plates

Attached: 155814065586485523.jpg (750x1000, 206K)

Equinox is the master race. All the advantages of homegym without the inconvenients.
>No peasants
>No thots
>No normies
>No inexperienced faggots
>10/10 service because you pay 300$ a month or more
>Professional staff to help you in case of accidents (they happen)
>all the gear you can possibly imagine
>all the space you want (not in a small room like homegym peasants)

>American decor

Attached: 9sfTvYm.jpg (486x608, 182K)

I have a t3 too. Do you know what the 4 short brass rods are for? I'd never seen them on a rack at a gym before.

resistance bands

Fuck! Seems really obvious now that you say that

I got to 1/2/2/4 using a $100 bench, some old rusty plates/bar, and 20 lb dumbbells
The nicest new rogue equipment is good to look at and take pictures of but you're a beginner/intermediate lifter and you don't need calibrated plates

how did you squat?

Check craigslist in your area for anything you can use and obviously in decent condition and reasonable cost. I got 2 free treadmills (2nd one when the first breaks)

Depends on your budget. I bought a power cage and barbell with 200lbs for $350. The barbell really isn't bad, I'm just wondering if I'll bend it with deadlifts. We'll see.

Make your own platform, they're much quieter than just those stall mats on foundation

>Power rack
>2m^2 pads
>BB + 130kg
>Adjustable Bench
>Band for face pulls
>Band for assistance

Cost

>1.800 CHF

Was worth it 100%

Attached: 1546402777260.jpg (2336x4160, 490K)

rented a garage at work for 10€ / month. pic is from a year ago. got an ez-bar and some more weights recently. about 1.500 €. Flooring was fucking expensive (300€). No regrets. Thinking about getting some dumbbells. Any experiences with olympic dumbbells (50mm)?

Attached: IMG_20180420_191203_755.jpg (4032x3024, 1.34M)

>you can upgrade your bar and rack when you need to.

This is fucking stupid advice. Save your money and buy ONE rack and ONE power bar of good quality.

This. Don't save on barbell because a good one like Ohio/texas power bar will last you practically forever.

Bretty good. Is that 2029 strength shop power bar?

Yes, spend an absolute fortune as a beginner on equipment and then give up in two months and have it lying around gathering dust. Sublime advice. It's people like this that the fitness industry relies on.

My gym.
Welded the pl8 tree myself.

Attached: 20190518_034422.jpg (4032x2268, 2.64M)

Bump

You should feel ashamed of that drum setup user. Fix those tom angles holy shit.

Don't neglect some kind of floor protection, even if it's just for noise reduction. I built my own squat rack and had a really bad bench. Bought a proper barbell and plates. The rogue bars are good, but not all are available in Europe. I bought the ATX Ram Bar instead. Bumpers are nice if you need to deadlift while others are in the same building, but probably not strictly needed, especially not if you have good floor protection.

Clean your room and wash your penis bucko.

>try to workout in home gym
>absolutely hate it
>zero motivation
>skipping exercises
>stop workouts early

>join gym
>look forward to it everyday
>bursting with motivation
>stay about 90 mins
>doing extra exercises just for the fun of it

I can't really explain it but I hate working out at home

flooring: horse stall mats from tractor supply. accept no substitute.

they are stinky when you first buy them

Attached: ED03C800-EDA2-4659-BF92-932A1003629D.jpg (350x1136, 132K)

Wooden squat / bench rack. Custom made

Attached: IMG_20190518_152337.jpg (720x716, 184K)

there are a million platform building guides online, any of them work. this one is a maple centerpiece on pine base

Attached: 6C8F2255-99B6-4748-94B9-452CD3D56481.jpg (606x1136, 177K)

3/4

Attached: 0C777BF3-877E-43F2-91D4-FC70279953B6.jpg (1010x1136, 230K)

4/4

rack is a rogue SML-2, bar is a B&R 2.0, bench is the rogue monster; i recommend all of it. the bench is solid as FUCK.

Attached: D2474FF6-22D1-4173-B544-3ED0EFB0DF7A.jpg (1136x756, 205K)

What's some must-have equipment for a home gym if you don't have a lot of room in your house (so no dipping stations, barbells et cetera)? Other than dumbbells of course (already got those). I'm looking for equipment that can easily be stored away in a closet if needed.

>rented a garage at work for 10€ / month.
Clever lad. That's a lot less expensive than a gym while still giving you all the benefits of going to one (other than the social interaction). Though what're you going to do if/when you stop working there? Where are you going to store all that stuff?

Attached: 1488258131391.png (300x216, 43K)

Reverse in me, hate driving 20-25 minutes to gym.
>always dread that some piece of equipment is taken
> have to worry about other obligations

Meanwhile at home gym I can do whatever I want and whenever I want and am even more motivated.

i feel you. i'm and i held onto my gym nembership since its a great club and only $30 a month, i still prefer going there. spottin thots, mirin bros, vastly more equipment, better air conditioning (garage gym in summer is ROUGH)

Loadable dumbbells
Pull up bar

>Not sleeping in the rack
NGTMI

theyre like that because i just moved them there

Its clean
Both items

Worth every penny. I have more stuff in other room like adjustable dbs, more non olympic bars, weights, ton of rubber mats which I put when I deadlifs, gymnastic rings etc.....

Gonna upgrade it over time.

Attached: home gym.jpg (1200x1599, 96K)

Why would you word it in that manner?

Any good barbell recommendations in Europe? Rogue is expensive as fuck here

I think I'll stay there. Positive thing about having a home gym at work: It's belongs to my "work day". If I don't work out after work, it's like the work day isn't complete. If I stop working there, I still could sell it or move it.

check out simpleproducts (google it, german manufacturer)

Yeah, that's really convenient. It also cuts out the "I don't feel like going to the gym today" excuse because you're on site anyway, so you might as well go there and pump a few out.

Do your co-workers know about this? What do they think about it?

[spoiler]>10€ instead of €10
I'm 90% sure you're French[/spoiler]

They accepted it. 1 year ago it was like "uuuh why are you doing this" or like "arnold going to the gym", or "eating your protein again" if i eat salmon during break, etc. but i explained what i am doing. Now they think i'm just doing curls, but I don't care.

Comedic timing

Mirin all those gyms. I all have is shitty Chinese rack and a cheap standard barbell from decathlon. Guess it does the job for now. I'm gonna buy something better when it bends.

>scream at the top of your lungs for motivation
>whatever music you want all the time
>as much banging as you want
>as much chalk as you want
>never wait for equipment
>no distractions
Sounds like a dream. Some day

how do you measure the max on that?
build a replica then keep going till it breaks...

Im the opposite. I can indulge in my own autism while blasting anime music, Bible sermons, and shitposting between sets. Also i can workout in my boxers. Nobody in my way or using my shit

not sure it was just their package of bar + plates for i think 500. its feels like a solid 20kg bar. not a huge fan of the black coating though but i guess i can watch my progress as i peel it off

It should have caps with name on sleeves. Yeah I know. Saving atm for ohio power bar or atx competition bar unless strongarm sports opens shop as promised here in Europe by end of year.

it's "2028 original" 20kg/50mm bar. works well for me. not at the point where im even putting more than 3pl8s on it. used the first paycheck from my first "real" job after my masters to fund it all. feels good having disposable income even if i still feel really poor

I'm planning to buy my rack from there. Any barbells in particular you recommend?

my only issue with homegym is how dumbells aren't really a thing unless you want a huge # of 5kg plates lying around and the adjustable DBs seem to max out at like 15kg..

These bars are alright if you're aren't lifting anything above 230 kgs, so fret not.

I'm paranoid though as I'm approaching deadlift of 240 kg, so saving up for high quality barbell. My brother funded the whole home gym so I didn't wanna bother him with expensive barbell. Currently in an internship in local muncipality so slowly saving up for a pair of 25 kg bumpers because my plates aren't at competition height and for mentioned bar.

i dont compete or ever will so its w.e and never intend to do more than 3pl8. its just a health thing for me and getting gently aesthetic.

(2) that said. saving up for lifting is a good choice imo. i assume youre a young guy so this is a 'hobby' that will pay dividends. i wish id started 15 years ago.

Yeah, 24 years, been involved in some form of exercise since 15. Really enthusiastic about powerlifting and bodybuilding so that's my motivation to buy good equipment.

makes sense bro. youre doing yourself a huge solid getting into it serious. men without hobbies and passions are boring as fuck (same for women) but we don't get to coast quite as easily they do since we're expected to bring the personality to the table

Rack
>Titan T3 short rack

Bench
>Adjustable flat/incline Rep Fitness

Bars
>Stainless Steel Ohio power bar
>Ohio deadlift bar
>Titan multi grip
>Titan axle
>Titan SSB v2

Plates
>York deep dish steel plates and some bumpers

Other
>Platform made of 3/4 birch and 3/4" horse stall mats
>Strength Shop folding hyperextension station

Attached: homegym1.jpg (2048x1152, 213K)

Yeah I like to watch people in the gym, assigning people their own personalities, scoffing at retards and internally cheering on the DYEL guy who has good form also gets you out of the house more

>tfw gym has 2 power racks and 4 squat racks

i can get 8 10lbs plates on each of my dumbbells, great for farmer walks on the treadmill

10lb plates are equal in size to regular 5kg plates right? if so thats pretty cool. 5kg plates are cheap as hell and i really do want DBs

Damn bro I'm exactly the same

I wish I could love a home gym, and I'm sure I'd like one, but the atmosphere just isn't the same.

Thanks, at this point it's just part of me, I can't imagine myself without pushing my body to its limits and being better. Yeah, but we're men and we should strive to be like it.
Last gym had 1 full blooded power rack and 1 squat rack. Didn't have many people so it was comfy and owner is a bro into powerlifting. Still visit it from time to time to train and chat with him and others.

There are long dumbbell bars available, but yeah, you'd need ton of 5 kg to fill them up.

amazon.com/TDS-Threaded-Dumbell-Bars-Sold/dp/B00PX0JDLO

>amazon.com/TDS-Threaded-Dumbell-Bars-Sold/dp/B00PX0JDLO
i have 50mm plates. i was looking at buying 2 pair of 50mm handles from strengthshop.ch/kurzhanteln-dumbbells/olympic-dumbbell-handle-kurzhantelstange.html but im not sure its really worth but i do really want to work in dumbell exercises. ive been debating it for a while now

getting started on the journey of ascending through practicality of home. spent 300 bucks on the internet ordering plates, a 7ft bar and a bench, gonna get those next week.

Attached: Snapchat-1296562367.jpg (720x1280, 300K)

they should be roughly the same size, 5kg is like 11lbs or something

all my weights have been given to me by my grandfather with the exception of 10s

Attached: Snapchat-1591792434.jpg (720x1280, 358K)

whered you order the plates from?

I'm also thinking of buying those, but luckily I have guy that can make me some custom oly handle dbs. Thinking of making something like this.

ironmind-store.com/Big-Boy-Dumbbell-Bars153-pair-with-BD-Collars/productinfo/1224/

Did he give you that bong too

>Sounds like a dream
and you wake up as soon as you realize how much this shit costs.

So far i've spent the equivalent of 5 years worth of gym membership. I cope with that shit by reminding myself that my previous gym had no power rack, benches had shitty preset pin heights and opening hours changed so i had to make my own gym.

This. Can't explain it aswell but i know what you're talking about. I guess the thing that was giving me motivation was the fact that people were always looking at me so i pushed myself to the max. Just remembering my early morning pre-gym routine gets me little bit excited.

>ironmind-store.com/Big-Boy-Dumbbell-Bars153-pair-with-BD-Collars/productinfo/1224/
jesus this are expensive hope theyre worth the cash. i just needed a set to get up to 40-50kg

They are, provided you buy ton of non oly weights. That's why I'm thinking of simply making custom made ones to avoid such high cost. I like doing db rows, but my adjustable non oly dbs max out at 45 kgs. :(

i just wanted something to do lat raises and arnold presses with. but i might just buy an EZ-Curl bar first to make my skull crushes a bit less damaging on the wrist. i fucking love tricep work though. i do dips every single morning before work for that easy pump

I have the same rack. No complaints with it

Any welders? How did i do?

Attached: IMG_20190514_214637.jpg (3456x4608, 3.06M)

I bought 0.5 kg plates for lat raise progressions. Regular adjustable dbs will suffice I think, there aren't many people shoulder pressing 50 kgs like nothing.

adjustables are so damn expensive though..was really hoping to be able to just use my plates

And yeah, EZ bar rocks, I do most of tricep stuff on it.
Where are you from? I bought pair of adjustable non oly dbs for like 20 euros (Balkan). I can get oly dbs for 46 euros a pair. Somehow I doubt dbs will fail from weight overload, so I think you're fine no matter the brand.

>want to join home gym master race
>apartment is tiny and cramped enough as it is
>wife would insist on getting an elliptical or something for cardio
The only space I have is my terrace which is barely 100 sq feet, I'm guessing an outdoor gym is a terrible idea no matter which way I look at it? Anyone have a home gym outdoors?

i put mine in a fairly small room. and i bought a concept 2 bike for the wife which i use a lot of cardio as well
the mat size is 2m^2 which is i don't know 5ft^2?

>Where are you from?
Switzerland. im not worried about them failing but more just having to buy a bunch of 5kg plates because 10kg plates would be really awkward ot hold i think and not sure i want to spend 400chf+ on adjusable DBs that max out at like 22kg

Yeah, I get you. I'd probably advise buying some cheap non oly dbs, because you can get cast iron weights for them cheap since you're only doing light stuff with them anyway.

>5 years
That's nothing for someone who plans to lift the rest of his life

300 lb weight set from Dicks - $200
Progear 1600 rack from Walmart - $230
Cap Barbell Flat Bench from Amazon - $70

This is my set up. I recommend getting an Ebates account, I got 10% back at Dick's and 5% at Walmart from it.

I wish I had gotten an incline bench. I was planning on doing SS or SL, so flat was fine, but now I want to try other routines and most of them include incline bench.

Uhhhhh, Chief

Attached: ILikeMenNow.png (1920x1080, 374K)

>the manlet rack

ebay, because im fucking poor

no, a gift from a friend. nothing better than smoke and pump

>300$/month
Yea I'm poor so I'll stick with my home gym

The knurling on the pullup bar is very abrasive.