Need help achieving 500 lbs bench press

>Natural lifter
>Photo is from two years ago
>Started working out three years ago
>Currently 6 feet, 180 lbs
>Currently benching 400 lbs

I need all the advice I can get to break through my bench plateau. It seems that for the past two months I can't add more weight to the bar. Tracking my macros and everything, but no success. I really don't use any supplements except Whey occasionally, just because it's convenient.

I've also thought about doing the Smolov Jr. bench program. Has anyone tried this?

Attached: strength.jpg (977x887, 155K)

why would you post such a shit photo

Don't really have anything recent. But why is it shit?

Bro do you live in a fucking dungeon jesus what is that

nobody on this board can touch 400 lbs of bench so you shouldnt listen yo what anyone says. go to a respectable strenght forum and ask there, youll only get larpers and guys who bench 100kg for 5 giving you advice

Don't know, I heard you can get some good advice from here from some posters.

Either way I also never tested my one rep max to be honest. I do the 400 lbs usually for 10 repetitions, so I'm not sure, my one rep max would be maybe 450 lbs or so?

No it's some space I have right outside my apartment.

you made it to your natty limit, just maintenance lift and work on areas that you havent platued on (neck, traps ECT) and make gains on other parts of your body. If you are autistically obsessed with getting as strong as possible and dont want to hop on gear you can bulk up and probably gain 30+ lbs on your bench in the next year bench but that is a lot of effort for not a lot of gains. im mirin' btw no homo

That is not the body of someone who can bench 400 pounds.

because you look like a starving ukranian seasonal worker

Well I always eat around maintenance. I have never done bulking or cutting in my life.

As for natty limit I really hope that's not the case, because I know people pushing much bigger weight. I'm also really into vascularity and would love to be able to increase it.

>benches 180kg for 10 reps at 80kg bodyweight
sure

my max bench is only 130 kg but what helped me to get through plateus was focusing on the weak parts of the movement for you:
bad at lockout: do bench presses to blocks and a shit ton of close grip
bad from the bottom: do absolutely everything paused and work with negatives( need a really good spotter for this) with weight over your max.
thats what i did, besided benching 3 times per week, but as i said, i shouldnt really be giving you advice since you are much stronger than me

Actually I just have really small bones, wrists are much below six inches so it makes me look smaller. Ankles are very small, too. But instead of talking shit about someone's physique why don't you post your own photo?

So what? I have NEVER done bench below 8 repetitions. It has always been between 8 to 10. I don't want to injure my rotator cuff.

fuck i almost believed it until he said 10 reps

That's pretty fucking ambitious OP.
Not going to lie though, I've thought about it too but then again I have about 60lbs on you so it'd be close to x2 bodyweight bench which isn't unheard of for natties, I mean you're already past that.
>I've also thought about doing the Smolov Jr. bench program. Has anyone tried this?
I used it to bring my flat bench from 365 to 405, though I did the program on decline bench.
Don't know if that was a good idea or not but it got my delts pretty strong.
Also you can't use 'body drive' on decline like you could on flat so it's not like it was easy just because it was decline.
>I do the 400 lbs usually for 10 repetitions
Fuck man I was actually taking you seriously.

I did 410 like 3 hours ago.
Yes it is I, Lancerfag.

Attached: 410 bench.png (1920x1080, 2.65M)

post pics of yourself benching 400lbs for 10 reps with that bone structure you lying skeleton slavshit or fuck off

bait thread

No one who actually lifts seriously believes you.

>Fuck man I was actually taking you seriously.
I'm not lying I swear.

You are. That or you can’t count.

>post pics of yourself benching 400lbs for 10 reps with that bone structure you lying skeleton slavshit or fuck off
If I post photos or even a video, morons like you would scream FAKE PLATEZZ.

And lmao @ saying I look like a skeleton. You're a phuking moron.

>You are. That or you can’t count.
Why is it so hard to accept that someone can be stronger than you?

>400x10 puts you at 539 1RM
>I'm totally a world class bench presser guys!

Attached: ok.png (1600x745, 91K)

Post proofs

That would be too good to be true. Those calculators are less accurate the heavier the weight is. I also feel uncomfortable in my shoulders if I try to lift below 8 reps, which is why I always stick to 8 - 10.

>youll only get larpers and guys who bench 100kg for 5 giving you advice
So far, this really seems to be the case, unfortunately.

And lol @ 100 kg for 5 reps. I did that after a year of training.

So you can scream "FAKE PLATEZZZ!!!"?

Because you aren’t. One look at that pic is all I need to see to know that. If you’re going to lie about your lifts, at least be realistic with your bullshit claims.
>benching 60 pounds less than Arnold’s MAX for TEN REPS

Mirin' dat dere bloat.

The pic isn't recent you moron. And one doesn't need to look huge in order to lift that much. Go lookup "UFpwrLifter" on YouTube benching 410 lbs. Does he look HUGE? No he doesn't.

I SWEAR ON MY LIFE that I bench 400 lbs for 10 repetitions with ease.

You're fucking jealous that's all. Because you're weak. Very weak.

I was a little fatter in that pic yes, but there's definitely no bloat. I was never really "fat".

Take a recent pic then beanpole.

what would him posting body change about what he said

Hijacking your thread cause i really need help >started lifting 2 years ago
>6'3 190-200lbs
>6'6 wingspan with short torso/long legs
>can only bench 190lbs x 2
Send me a routine to throw me into 225lbs or maybe even more

Do you know how to follow a reply chain?

Attached: 5810a93f86cbcfeb780295593d0fad88.png (805x828, 369K)

Lol you mad.

Did you reach 225 lbs yet for one rep?

Do high rep tricep pushdowns

t. 600lb bencher

I just take a lot of protein, and I mean REALLY a lot. I don't remember a day where I went under 250 grams of protein. As far as training goes, I do bench twice a week, and I always do 8 - 10 repetitions. I have never trained below 8 reps. That's why I'm thinking that my approach was wrong the entire time, and that I might need to start doing stuff like 5 x 5, or the Smolov Jr. program.

I’m not the one lying about benching 400 lbs for 10 reps and posting a picture of a Holocaust survivor as proof.

>Do you know how to follow a reply chain?
Not sure what you mean, but I'm fairly new to Jow Forums.

What are scales?

>I’m not the one lying about benching 400 lbs for 10 reps and posting a picture of a Holocaust survivor as proof.
I'm neither lying nor do I look like a Holocaust survivor in that photo. You're just a weak, pathetic, jealous POS who probably can't even do 225 lbs. Lol @ you.

>What are scales?
You would still say it's been edited / faked. Just like people are doing with that asian powerlifter on YouTube.

>gets called on his bullshit
>gets pissed off
Maybe try eating something if you’re feeling cranky. Also, try lying less, Auschwitz.

Okay, lets put the last nail in the coffin.
Describe how you set up for a ten rep set @400 lbs.

>Maybe try eating something if you’re feeling cranky. Also, try lying less, Auschwitz.
Lmao at me being pissed off. I'm just laughing at your pathetic insinuations, weakling.

Lol @ your lies.

There is no nail necessary. He is literally claiming he benches in the top 1% of lifters with a picture that looks like a malnourished African child found a bottle of bleach. He’s full of shit, and no repetition of said shit will change that.

>what is burden of proof?
So you’re a liar AND a moron. Makes sense.

I know but I want him to tell me how he 'thinks' a world class bencher sets up.

Yeah yeah post recent body pic

>Describe how you set up for a ten rep set @400 lbs.
I warm up with 225 lbs for 20 reps. Then I do three additional sets, increasing weight gradually, and I do them all for 10 reps. Then my fifth set is my actual working set, 400 lbs, which I do for 10 reps.

>225 for 20 reps
Well it was fun while it lasted Auschwitz.

Not what I asked you larper.
Describe how you get into position on the bench and under the bar.

>There is no nail necessary. He is literally claiming he benches in the top 1% of lifters with a picture that looks like a malnourished African child found a bottle of bleach. He’s full of shit, and no repetition of said shit will change that.
Are you aware how stupid you sound? If I wanted to, I could've posted any photo of some "huge" guy and say it was me. Instead I was honest and posted a photo of myself.

You're so mad, LMAO @ at the rage.

He needs time to look up a YouTube video on form.

With OP's stats it must be a bench dungeon. Mirin the titty strength. Would give advice but OP benching an average human Male more than me

>Not what I asked you larper.
Tell me... did you get your one rep max with 225 lbs yet? hahahah

Keep lying on an Israeli Shekel-sorting website, Auschwitz.

I'm Jeez you really can't follow a reply chain can't you?

>Keep lying on an Israeli Shekel-sorting website, Auschwitz.
On a scale from 1 - 10, how rustled are you right now, after you realized how weak you are?

I’m about 400 lbs for 10 reps while looking like someone’s arthritic grandmother rustled.

He’s clearly autistic.

He can't even bench 2pl8s If he's dodging the setup question.
Which is ironic, considering that's what he's accusing everybody else of.

>I’m about 400 lbs for 10 reps while looking like someone’s arthritic grandmother rustled.
Lol, I was wrong... you probably can't even bench 180 lbs.

You doing STARTING STRENGTH bro?

Roflmao

Actually I can do 1,000 pounds for 30 reps. To prove it I’ll post a picture of myself.

Attached: EC8B5EFF-CE84-4B3B-B751-2E021F2E691B.jpg (183x275, 7K)

Dude you look fuckin sickly, post a recent photo Christ

Right... that looks so similar to my physique. (lol)

This guy either doesn't know how much he is actually benching, or it's just weird bait

Attached: 1558220303435.jpg (2982x1556, 644K)

Can we get a power lifter goal body thread going? I’ll contribute.

Attached: FA84C5BD-3CBA-4CB7-9AEF-59922A1D93AE.png (180x425, 28K)

>
> nobody on this board can touch 400 lbs of bench so you shouldnt listen yo what anyone says. go to a respectable strenght forum and ask there, youll only get larpers and guys who bench 100kg for 5 giving you advice
Now I realize this is the best advice I've gotten in this thread.

Most if not all of the people who replied probably can't even bench their bodyweight lol.

Post more powerlifter bods.

Attached: 2F8309A8-612C-4D77-881D-2306E29F6EDC.jpg (1234x1600, 205K)

Holy shit I bet that guy reps 450.

Is that you? Cause if so, you look like shit.

A lot of people flat back 4pl8 but they are on a ton of drugs or chunky monkeys. Also ipf setups probably limit you more than you are aware. It’s truly for a certain body type.

This dude is beastmode.

Attached: 8D6D3D0F-FC2F-4DAC-85F6-2AAD3820E497.jpg (500x750, 123K)

Well I always bench with a completely flat back to be honest. I could probably push more weight if I were to use an arch, but I find it to be cheating.

this nigga at least reppin 4/5/6/7

At the gym with my bros squatting 900 for reps.

Attached: AAAAE61B-C583-4D9E-ABA8-7A5D1BC635C9.gif (298x227, 33K)

Westside Barbell posing before a meet

Attached: maxresdefault (11).jpg (1280x720, 63K)

Just lmao @ at the jealous haters here insinuating you have to be "beast mode" to be strong.

Go look up UFpwrLifter on YouTube you phukking clowns. He benches more than anyone in this thread except me.

I do the IPF setup and I keep my feet flat on the ground.
None of that toes on the ground bs I'm not a manlet.

Let me guess, narrow grip too, because wide grip is too easy?

Nah I bet he does more than that. I mean look at him.

forgot pic

can i get a strength estimate, lads? is this achievable natty?

Attached: 1528509502532.jpg (242x604, 53K)

Kek

>Let me guess, narrow grip too, because wide grip is too easy?
Neither wide nor narrow. Something in between.

>400x10 at 180
You retards will fall for anything

I bench 510 for reps. What you need to do is bloat the fuck up and stop all other forms of exercise that don't relate to bench.

2.5pl8 OHP 4pl8 bench 7pl8 squat and 8pl8 deadlift. Probably a 2pl8 strict curl for those massive biceps

Is this peak physique?

Attached: B8122B2C-ED54-471F-B0D2-12E7049A71D4.jpg (123x160, 4K)

Feet off the bench too?
With a vape in your mouth?
While listening to Call Me Maybe on repeat?

Now this is how a big bencher speaks.

No one is falling for it. Read the thread. He’s a weak cuck larping for his e-peen.

>I bench 510 for reps. What you need to do is bloat the fuck up and stop all other forms of exercise that don't relate to bench.
In that case I'd have to eat a shitload of food, as my sedentary maintenance is around 3800 kcal, and I'd have to get the surplus calories from unhealthy shit which I really don't like. I'm also afraid to gain fat.

OP at four years old.

Attached: 3D730016-F315-4156-AF9C-4F6608DAC3FD.jpg (400x300, 32K)

>OP at four years old.
Lol no, I only started lifting three years ago.

>implying you even need to lift to ohp 2pl8

You wanna push big numbers, you gotta bloat. Just do gomad you pussy dyel.

I have never done OHP nor have I followed a specific program. I only do four exercises:

Bench press
Weighted pull-ups (currently @ 120 lbs)
Skullcrushers
Pendlay rows

And I switch them up. As far as bench goes I try not to do it more than twice a week.

OP pushing big weight. That bar is 200 pounds, and each of those plates are 150. Unreal physique.

Attached: 7D7F624A-9F25-4719-90BA-F10E0DC0F98D.jpg (850x565, 521K)