/sig/ - self improvement general

This thread endorses both physical and mental fitness in order to promote healthy living for everyone.

/sig/ Basics:
>YOU are 100% responsible for the way you experience life. Not your parents, not your surroundings, not your ex, not your bully, not your future spouse. YOU. Complete, sincere acceptance of this is the most fundamental step to bettering yourself, and it is by far the hardest thing you'll ever do.
>Work your way to becoming the best YOU you can be - one step at a time.
>Set realistic Goals and have a Plan. Use short-term Goals to keep yourself going.
>Learn helpful and effective daily/weekly/etc. routines, including mundane ones.
>Have a steady sleeping rhythm - one that works for you, so long as you keep to it. Get 6-11 hours of sleep. More Info: pastebin.com/h4CDDtKu
>Learn Mindfulnes Meditation. More Info: pastebin.com/0NMDEUNh
>Learn to be Brutally Honest with yourself. Stop being a slave to your Ego.
>Think critically.
>If you need to put others down to feel good about yourself, you are putting yourself in a position where you are dependent on the people you look down on.
>Focus on the essentials. If you try to do everything at once, you’ll burnout.

Resources:
>newarcitea.neocities.org/ - Overall Guide
>thework.com/ - "Simple" Mental Health self-help resource. You get out what you put in.

Discord:
discord.gg/YJQQSQf *Everyone* is welcome

Books:
>s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=22578279902195591270 - Mortimer J. Adler, Charles Van Doren - How to Read a Book
>s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=01374239493824328035 - Sam Harris - Waking Up
>misc.equanimity.info/downloads/mindfulness_in_plain_english.pdf - Henepola Gunaratana - Mindfulness in Plain English
>s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=93057425205857796418 - Dale Carnegie - How to Win Friends and Influence People
>Tsultrim Allione - Feeding your Demons

Previous thread

Attached: sig1.jpg (841x760, 454K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stevepavlina.com/blog/2005/11/do-it-now/
youtube.com/watch?v=MBRqu0YOH14
google.com/amp/time.com/5473884/are-neti-pots-safe/?amp=true
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: sigpaste0.jpg (1800x1162, 1.13M)

Attached: sigpaste01.png (880x6531, 1.2M)

Attached: sigpaste3.jpg (640x870, 106K)

Gonna start meditating. My lack of awareness and mindfulness is really being detrimental to me. Also, I'm gonna try to jerk off once a week at most too. I've noticed whether its vanilla or degenerate shit, they both take a lot of my time "finding the right one" to jerk off to and if not, being unsatisfied about it and looking for more.

Any advice on getting in the habit of reading? I have a bunch of improvement books (win friends and influence people, art of seduction) but reading them feels like a choir. Should i start reading 30 minutes a day? A chapter a day? Find more entertaining books?

Any tips on flirting/boosting sex drige and libido? Will post inspirational photos in mean time

Attached: 1557773994469.jpg (1200x630, 82K)

*drive

Attached: 1557702691253.jpg (850x400, 62K)

Attached: 1557453261430.jpg (584x573, 36K)

Unironically force yourself to do it as long as you can while not skimming but understanding what you read
Maybe running or anything to do with leg muscles? Supposed to increase testosterone

Attached: 1557055813931.png (680x680, 103K)

Attached: 1557453882475.jpg (750x721, 127K)

Attached: 1557090810976.jpg (400x1200, 95K)

All i got for now guys

Attached: 1557049720844.jpg (480x480, 75K)

To improve my feeling , i just wanna say , I love u guys (even the retarded one). Thanks for all the advice and retarded shit

Attached: 1532776975874.png (658x662, 59K)

>buying a house
>1 year goal
Is this reasonable somewhere?

For the record im buying a journal when i wake up, going to the gym, eating eggs, buying vitamin d, calling my uncle, and asking this girl out

>2014: Graduate highschool a KHV with terrible grades.
>2015: Play video games.
>2016: Play video games and get fit.
>2017: Go to uni for engineering.
>2018: Barely go to uni for engineering. Get kicked out for a year but managed to get it down to a month.
>2019: Last chance at uni. Fuck around all term. Going to fail my exams. Still a KHV. Haven’t been to the gym in ages.
Sincerely considering suicide. This isn’t where I thought I would be at twenty-two. What the fuck is wrong with me?

Attached: 94B6DC65-28C7-4A4C-A911-59FC78B1073E.jpg (460x5212, 1.55M)

>a month
I meant a term.

Experiments prove that people expect their future self to be different and more capable of handling bigger amounts of work or suffering. Don't fall for this. There is only one you, present you. That's the only person you can rely on.

22's nothing. I didn't lose my v-card until I was 23 and I'm 25 now and still with her, she's the love of my life. Don't kill yourself user.

Good luck bros. We got this.

Attached: db3ab921bb292548e330cfd4a9653e8d.jpg (736x719, 96K)

Even without experiments, I have dealt with this shit first hand for the better part of my teenage life. Always imagined myself in the future to be a grade A student, but in reality I did nothing to reach that goal. It was nothing more than a longing dream of mine at that time and looking back I realised I should've paid attention to my now rather than day dreaming about the future. I ended up being the most "average" of my class. Literally in the middle of all my classmates.
A part of me really wish that I had started my self improvement journey when I was 18 at least. Getting caught up in with a girl, the drama and all the other needlessly long indulgence has caught up to me. I'm 22 now, I know I'm probably younger than a lot of you but just knowing you could've done better had you listened or been smarter before is a hard pill to swallow because you'll also have to swallow your pride.

Attached: 1557459422292.gif (498x596, 898K)

why did that guy in the comic grow up into the pedo from family guy

>i did nothing and expected my life to magically be at some place that's considered good by the societal norms i've been conditioned to believe
If you want to kill yourself over such a stupid thing maybe you should.
Get up and fight! If you have a goal, work for it, and don't think where one "should" be in life at a certain point. Most people i know are failing uni, a lot of my friends have dropped out, i know many people who get a kid and decide to quit other goals. But i fight on with uni, i know some people who got kids and continued fighting for their goals.
I have a friend who's a bit like you n the sense that he's had shit grades in school and is depressed because he wanted to chew up and spit out uni and become a professor. I ask him "Why did you expect you'll be a star student in uni if you had no work ethic and had shit grades in school?"
You can't expect things to change if you don't change something.
STICK TO THINGS, FIGHT, PERSEVERE

Make the deal with yourself to select a vid from the homepage.

I'm sure he means mortgage a house

Should I ditch my current life?

I was a shy and skinny KHV until college. I learned how to lift in college and got fit. After graduating, I found a short term office gig (deadend, but good pay) and got a great gf who loves me unlike my ex. I have a desire to leave everything behind and possibly start a new. At one point of my life, a comfy job, a loving gf, free time and money for my hobbies was all I wanted.

Now, I want to join the military in my country and challenge myself. It doesnt have the same benefits as the US military does but it's still a different life. I believe it'll expose me to skills and experiences I won't face in a desk job. Downsides would include corrupt bosses (who sell govt weapons to the insurgents were supposed to be fighting against), lower pay, no training for when / if I get out, possibly being exposed to crime (gun running, budget skimming, etc.)

Is this just some stupid life crisis? Am I being dumb for ditching stability for the idea of challenge and adventure? I have a lawyer friend who ditched his job and left the country to become a US Army Helicopter Pilot (he's a US Citizen) and while I'm happy for him, I'm extremely jealous.

Attached: images(4).jpg (500x335, 24K)

Any tips on how to stay motivated? Jow Forumsbros help a brother out.

Say no to drugs boys

Here is the truth, your perception is warped because you know nothing about life than school and studying. You think failing this is the end of everything, but you don't realize you've spent most of your life within a few rooms and how much more open life is. Am I saying fail school? No, but it isn't the end of the world. You need to cultivate yourself and gain life experiences. That is how you meet people, that is how you attract women.

Motivation will always wane here and there, instead of keeping motivated try to make things a habit. Eventually it feels wrong and off to not do something.

stevepavlina.com/blog/2005/11/do-it-now/

This guy got kicked out for sucking, almost got two years prison for theft, read it all

How do I make friends randomly on my college campus? I don't have interests in student groups and shit

Im on a 5 day streak of not drinking energy drinks, im about to go on a 12 hour shift and i have a big headache, energy drinks alieviate it in under an hour, are there any alternatives besides shit like coffee?

>I don't have interests
Fake it then. Also look up flyers for different acitivities, they should be all over the place.

I'm on day 5 of no caffeine too and I take 2 ibuprofen and schedule more sleep than I need. It has helped so far. Good luck and take a third ibuprofen if you have to.

motivation is a meme. build habits instead. make success the laziest option that's available to you

Strong green tea.
"Gunpowder" should do the trick.

I am so fucking lonely, unsatisfied and unhappy right now:

>Can't date because I'm not Jow Forums yet and my acne isn't under control
>Hate my job and feel that it's sapping all my time and productivity away from me
>Was aiming to start uni this year, but couldn't because I wasted time and didn't study
>Planned to start in June instead after I failed
>Still made 0 progress on my studies, meaning I'll have to start next year instead
>No friends and genuinely uninterested in making friends at my job (because I barely relate with anyone there)
>Got so lonely that I started to pursue the girl at my job that's in a 6 year relationship and developed a bit of oneitis towards her

One positive is that I can see some progress on my body and that in just over a month, my lifts have gone up pretty fast.

Attached: 1552432288302.jpg (442x694, 25K)

you're not alone bro.

>can only get shitty factory job after being bullied out of my last job by literal psycho eyed, crazy cat lady
>hate it, work full time, don't get paid full time wage ('cause agency)
>live with one of my friends, who day by day seems to hate me more and more.
>can't afford to move out
>have a small circle of friends, but still feel alone and isolated mainly cause they're pothead happy norm's
>never had sex/gf despite being told im attractive.

life seems to be nothing but endless suffering man, seems like the only thing we can do is work hard to try n change it

how can i be more talkative?
i already do nofap, smiling,recording selftalk, journaling and reading

Starting my quit of smoking ciggies today. Any tips ex-smokers?

read stop smoking the easy way tldr just stop

Dont quit cold turkey or you'll just end up regressing. Every week or 2 try halfing the amount you normally smoke until its out of your life. Try finding another outlet in your life to keep yourself healthily occupied. Dont underestimate the power of boredom and withdrawals.

>Can't date because I'm not Jow Forums yet and my acne isn't under control
This is the stupidest thing I've read this week. Motherfucker, start now, you need social gains as much as Jow Forums ones.

I've had success with girls as I am now (and had plenty of girls pursue me) but my self esteem is at an all time low since I got dumped. I don't feel good enough right now.

And you fix that by going out and getting hit on again.

>YOU are 100% responsible for the way you experience life.
I believe in self improvement, but this is gay and retarded shit that only applies to self imposed problems. I didn't choose arthritis or chronic pain, and you will never convince me I did.

Attached: le sad demiurge.png (1400x2700, 584K)

Since theres no health general Ill go here

I have a nasal congestion problem. Recently its gotten worse to the point of having tiny blood clots in both my nostril and picking them up makes them come again. My nose is irritated a lot and my mouth feels dry way too often. I live in a big city with a somewhat unclean air and smoke cigarettes from time to time.

So far I've been trying to practise yogi breathing exercises with little success, use a neti pot once a day with water Ive boiled before (to kill harmfull brain eating bacteria), and drink plenty or water.

I'm more of a hungry skeleton than an obese fuck

Is there anything else I can do to get myself rid of this problem ?

Please sinus anons help me out

How to get more control over yourself?

Attached: hmm.png (324x299, 143K)

Any good sources for learning Math? I'm looking to learn some applied maths for business management and I'm a beginner.

Attached: cosmos.jpg (680x848, 117K)

Do the thing over and over again until it becomes second nature. Habits are the only way forward and it takes a month of doing the thing over and over to build that habit. You can either do healthy things over and over again or do the wrong thing over and over again. Either way you're going to have a habit. Might as well make it a good one.

Thanks senpai, issue is that I really hate taking medicine until things get very bad, luckily it went away.
Thanks senpai, i dont have gunpowder, but i suppose 2 tea bags would make a strong cup?

>I have a nasal congestion problem. Recently its gotten worse to the point of having tiny blood clots in both my nostril and picking them up makes them come again. My nose is irritated a lot and my mouth feels dry way too often.
Have the exact same symptoms. I just compulsively pick my nose, so i think that's the problem for me

For the last two days I've felt queesy with a headache. Kill me.

So basically, for you, failing uni = failing life. WTF? Who cares about uni seriously? Maybe you were not born to be an engineer and follow stupid classes, and that's probably a good thing.
Seriously who cares? Find your own goal and go outside, live your life.

Same for me. I'm guessing that stuffing our fingers in here all the time aint helping.

talk to someone in class, join clubs, hang out with your roommates and their friends

You missed the point. We are all dealt a certain hand what we do with it is what we are 100% responsible for. This is why you have people with no legs climbing mountains and others being hooked on pain meds and anti-depressants. Essentially you are responsible to take what you have, have goals in life and then trying to accomplish them.

Like the other user said, habits. Ironically the best way to do anything is to be on auto-pilot. The cycle that works for me is

This sucks > motivation > setup a new habit with a good trigger > use discipline for about a month to execute > suddenly feels weird if I miss a day

NSAIDs
youre seting up a bunch of false barriers so you can stay stagnant

I posted this in the previous thread. Still looking for input. Do you like it? Anything that could be better?

A previous user mentioned that he did not like the day/week/month breakdown but I never got an answer as to why, so if you read this let me know

Attached: Productivity-Worksheet-v0.3.png (1700x2200, 112K)

Gonna post this again because I really need some kind of guidance, blog post incoming.

>Have gf for almost 2 years
>love her dearly, she loves me
>only see her once a week, but ok with it because I love her
>she has her hobbies, work, school, so do i
>last Tuesday have a great day, sex, date, cuddle, etc
>at the last minute she tells me she wants to break up
>clownworld.jpg
>says she has some issues she needs to get through, therapy, wants to focus on school etc
>still loves me, breaks down a lot
>I have a hard time the next few days
>she tells me not to wait for her, but says she would like to get back together later down the road
>see her Thursday, still kiss her and hug her but tell her I wont ever message or reach out to her first
>told her I would be there if she ever needs to talk to me or contact me
>start focusing on gym and my classes

Wtf do I do lads, I love this girl with all my heart, and I hate this feel.

it sounds like people generally dont like you. try reflecting on your interactions

Try edging. As for flirting I can recommend books "subtle art of not giving a fuck" and "open her". Lsd or Dmt/ayahuasca should help with being outgoing.

all of those sound gay. just talk. when you have a thought say it. have conversations.

Congratulations, you are human.
More seriously, focus on other things.

Bitches be crazy. Move on. It's going to hurt for a little while but you'll be better off cutting contact and finding someone new. Sucks man but it's the truth.

>quotes john lennin
you know that works better ironically right?

literally just make the right decision you arent a child anymore

>I really hate taking medicine until things get very bad,
caffeine is a drug too and the one you are trying to quit

Is edging literally just to stop jerking it right before you cum, over and over again? or is more to it?

Is there an edging routing I should do aswell? like 10 times then cum or what do I do?

Not reading any of this thread for it is detrimental to my own progress
but my heart goes out to all you fellas working hard on being the best version of yourself
were all gonna make it if we try hard enough
peace

Attached: giga chad.jpg (1673x2160, 328K)

literally me

I second
Love of my life, first love, hits almost every square on "virtue gf" bingo, dumped me back in January because I was holding her back (so obviously a lot of self blame). Reaching out to her and finding out new things about her (new boyfriend, how happy she is) during some low moments since has been the worst emotional toll I could've ever have put myself through. It's not worth it in any reality.

Khan Academy for the really basic stuff. Professor Leonard for just about everything else. Download a textbook and work the end of section and chapter problems until you feel good about it and move on.

what harmful brain eating bacteria? I've had a congested nose for years, didn't really find an answer either

youtube.com/watch?v=MBRqu0YOH14

Preparation for love and war, the true ways of the modern man.

Attached: bam.png (599x895, 617K)

What are some “side hustles” I can pick up as a student? I don’t have enough time for a part time job.

Never wait for girls. Actually never wait for guys either. Oldfag here, 39, I still remember my first heavy love. She used to say "I wish I had met you 10 years from now". I was "perfect" but she was not ready to settle down.

It hurt for a while, thing is though you have to move on. Life is like that, never wait for people because you waste your time and create the self-illusion that she is the only special person in the world. She is not.

Right now I have a wonderful wife and 4 kids, I wouldn't have that if I was still waiting for her. Ironically 10 years later I did meet my first love again, accidentally. She was married to a gay guy for "tax" benefits, was still immature and probably on some kind of drugs, didn't ask.

Tap water can have ugly stuff in it

google.com/amp/time.com/5473884/are-neti-pots-safe/?amp=true
Even though the chances are low Im an autist when it comes to these subjects

i wish i knew, i had sinus surgery in 2015 (deviated septum, they 'moved' stuff around, baloon thing too) and i still get frequent sinus infections and am sick often. i just deal with it, but will forever wish for a cure. only thing i haven't done is try a chiropractor heard it may help

She is not telling you the truth,not bc she is a liar, but bc she is a woman. The truth is she don't see you as attractive as you were 2 years ago, so the best way to recover from this is to get attractive again.
Challenge yourself and others, get a a new gf, etc.

Bouncer, bartender

Interesting, I've never actually tried neti pots, will try I guess

i'm the other sinus user, they make a battery powered one that works quite well if you are in bad shape like me. forces the water thru

Projecting much? You literary know nothing about their situation

No girl breaks up because "therapy" or bc she wants to "focus on school". Literally no girl ever.

Your bar sluts might be that way. Real women work on their shit and do focus on their goals...you know like "men do"

lol 4channeler doesnt understand girls

nobody throws away a 2 year relationship "because school"

Just got done using mine. Beside neti pots I've noticed during my moments of infinite dryness (like when u wake up after a night of drinking/smoking), swallowing water in certain ways could allow me to get some into part of the nose/mouth that doesnt get a lot of moisture and can easily get dry. So try fidgeting with water or gargling when you drink, can be worth your time. As long as you dont fucking drown in your bottle you're good.

The worst part is she'll use you to say other dudes that she can't be with them because she's still not over you.
When the truth is that both you and those dudes just don't get her motor going.

How much of a difference does that do? You got me interested, only have a gravity one.

have had sinus issues my whole life, all i know is i was premature and my parents claim the docs said this 34 yrs ago (i'm 35 soon). the standard neti pot doesn't make it thru that great so the powered one sort of forces it. if you are really blocked it won't. it's been many yrs since i used the standard pot, which is probably fine for most ppl. its the same thing just automated.

Life isn't fair to anyone, be stoic man... Focus on what you can improve, not in what is out of your control

Look up learned helplessness, sounds like you could be depressed, try talking to a therapist! If you can't afford one, you can find cognitive behavior workbook online, it's the norm for treating depression and works well even without a therapist.

>be British
>have to choose what career you want to do at 16
>have a personal moment halfway through the second year of a levels, discover the reason you aren’t motivated to do them is because it’s not really the career you want but forced to go through it because of the retarded education system
>18 now, and just taken the first a level, failed miserably
>oopsie woopsie looks like you’re gonna fail the rest of your life because of a decision you were forced to make at 16 when you weren’t ready :)
Fuck lads how does one deal with this?

Day 3 of noFap/noPorn
Hand occasionally reaches for my dick when I am at home alone so I need constantly remind myself of not doing it. Really want to check porn sites even though I know there won't be anything new that I didn't saw.
If I could describe it in one word it would be DESIRE.
Annoying. I want to hold on to a point I will stop thinking about it.

wasting willpower on not masturbating is the stupidest shit I have heard. If the porn you were looking at was degenerate enough to make you want to stop I could understand.