Anyone else hate meeting up with old friends?

>I have a job, I save money while still buying nice things once in a while, I workout, I have hobbies
>See old friends, and they are spending hundreds every weekend going out and partying, and all starting to get pudgy and lose hair from their bad diets and unhealthy habits
>They get offended when I turn down a cigarette or more than 2-3 drinks in a night

Why are people like this. It sucks meeting up with people who still act the same way they did in college, even though they are now 30. And it seems like the majority of American men are the same way

Attached: Fawlty.jpg (882x674, 59K)

Bro im 19 and i stopped meeting with my highschool friends. I only see a few of them and thats it. Alcohol is the biggest gains goblin. If your friends dont do you any good then they are not your friends.

fawlty towers is fucking great

imagine being this narcissistic

It gets lonely when you leave humanity behind.

But seriously only a small portion of the population is really worth spending time with. Rich people have basically figured this out. Half of what they spend money on is just creative ways to avoid the poor.

Meanwhile poor and middle-class schlubs will try to be really outgoing in stupid situations, like on planes, in restaurants, etc.

Probably best to develop your own social group.

You didnt get my point bro. My highschool friends are boring. I have nothing to do with them. They are still the same. I have other friends now that i enjoy spending time with.

He's right, though. A good relationship, (whether it is romantic, friendly, or business), should build both parties up, not drag them down

I know this feel, all too well.

>gosh why aren't people as boring and stiff as me
>I'm so much better, please validate my opinions Jow Forums!
Worse than reddit desu.
Kys

Attached: 1366102785724.png (551x550, 471K)

It's your attitude, faggot. You think Chad would act like you? Fuck no, because drinking and smoking once every few months will have absolutely no negative effect.

Stupid puritan pussy. Post body.

Look how mad this guy got, and his reading comprehension is terrible as well.

Imagine being so narcissistic that you won't allow toxic people in your life and do things that you don't want to do just for their approval.

>Wanting to live a healthier life and not piss hundreds of dollars away every week is bad thing

You're the one with shit reading comprehension and yes I'm mad as fuck faggot.

It's not a bad thing. But coming on here making the same cringe threads looking for positive confirmations is pathetic

>quit drinking 2 years ago
>turn down any drink or shot bought for me
>friends stop wanting to hang out with me altogether

Idc they were gains gobblins anyways

Why are you mad when other people only want to have 2 or 3 drinks in a night once in a while, and not get wasted every weekend?

I was just dissapointed when seeing my old friend and wanted to vent a little. If you don't like it, then don't post in the thread or ___ in all fields

Op never had a social life

I can spot these "o-only 2 drinks please" clumsy virgins a mile away

Get laid stop being a cocksucker and find a group of friends you introverted little neurotic homo

If these posters even lift, then they look like shit. Post body faggots

>post body
>no u post body

>all starting to get pudgy and lose hair
Makes you look all the better, don't complain.

You're only considered fit if there are people who are unfit. To win, others must lose.

I NEVER want to encounter anyone I knew from High School. I remember those people from when they young, beautiful (girls) and full of hope. Seeing what they are now would only taint those memories.

I learned the hard way you become who you hang out with.
>tfw tried to uplift lots of depressed folks as a young happy go lucky kid

find a community (powerlifting, weight lifting, crosfi- nevermind never crossfit) where you have people with similar interests.

Cringe

Makes you wonder if you had bad friends in school right op?
My friends are cool dudes, got a guy who works on his cars a load so he helps me with mine whenever I need it.
Got a pc group of mates who are fasting during a lan party for a week together. They save money and have fun, helps that they're fat too.

>people who still act the same way they did in college, even though they are now 30
I'm like that and I guess to you and my old friends who are like you I'm a failure but here's what I think. The idea that you have to act all grown up and mature, that everything in your life needs to be in perfect order and that you can no longer do all the "fun" or maybe even stupid things you've done back in college, that is all in your head. You are living life according to someone else's expectations, you have just accepted them as your own. I believe the way you live your life is reasonable and I think it will lead to a stable, successful life, but to me that is not appealing. I don't want stability, what I want is risk and uncertainty, being fully aware of what I am sacrificing.

This. Tfw I realise that parents are right by trying to make their kids stay away from certain kids.

I got dragged into smoking, drinking and drugs by my good friends, because I can't say no. Was hard to drop all of that, I'm still good friends with them.

Or you know, you could just go out and not drink. Who gives a shit what your friends spend their money on. Its their money. If they want to blow 100 bucks a weekend drinking and boozing that's fine. Just shut them down when they bitch about not having any money. Shut them down when they give you shit for not drinking.

Last year I took 5 weeks of vacation and went to the Amazon river. I asked all of my friends if they wanted to go. Every single one said they couldn't afford to take that much time off from work, and couldn't afford the expense. The year before that I spent 4 weeks in Cambodia travelling around and seeing the old buddhist ruins and mediating with some cool modern monks. And the year before that I spent 5 weeks in Spain

When my friends give me shit that I'm just drinking seltzer or water at the bar, I just retort "well, that $5,000 5 week vacation I took last year to the Amazon rain forest that you were all insanely jealous of and none of you could afford to go with me? I paid for it by drinking free water and seltzer instead of dropping my hundreds on beer and booze every weekend. 52 hundreds is five thousand dollars."

If they want to spend their PTO on hangovers and sportsgames so that they cand spend their hard earned cash on booze that's fine. That's the way that they want to enjoy it. You need to get over yourself. You aren't any better or worse than them, you just have different goals, learn how to express those goals without being a cunt.

They've all either got married, forced into marriage, or turned into turbo boring people who keep discussing life insurance and interest rates

Meanwhile I just invest 75% of income into vanguards and live a lifting monk lifestyle

>most of my current friends from college are doing well
>except 1
>she now has a 74 year old sugar daddy and posts about bleeding his wallet dry
>mfw 5 years of friendship going down the drain

it's even more of a pain because she is a hardcore SJW and has the audacity to pull this shit.

Attached: 1489972822893.jpg (680x384, 22K)

hang out with them once or a twice a year, only if you really want to keep them as friends. good friends will understand you need your space. if they cant accept that, congrats, you can cut them loose and not feel guilty about it

People you hate meeting up with aren't friends - they're acquaintances.

Don’t you just hate small talk in a restaurant and on a plane ? I swear I cringe when I hear people talking about the dumbest shit because they can’t handle any silence. Normies are the problem in this world

Attached: 532B1910-EA38-444C-AF03-04F29BFE0C23.gif (383x470, 90K)

>hardcore SJW and has the audacity to pull this shit
That's probably how she justifies it honestly. Like
>He's an old white man who probably owned slaves so what I'm getting is reparations and what not

>thinking small talk is solely about not being able to handle silence
>being so socially broken even other people's small talk bothers you

If you have nothing good to say don’t speak. If you know you’re about to sound dumb when you start small talking in a quiet environment with nothing but people listening don’t speak. I would rather stay quiet than to sound like a massive buffon. Less is more in my opinion.
>The loudest person in the room is always the weakest
>The loudest person in the room is always the brokest

>reverse what OP says because he’s the pudgy hairlet roleplay raging on /fit he’s actually the put together one witnessing all the “losers” party
>op never had a chill high school party life so he craves one now.... far to later in life

>the guy who is afraid to fuck up small talk
Oof
O
F

>not knowing how to greentext
Glad to know that the user you were replying to was right

>being so scared of peoples opinion that you don’t even dare talking in public because someone might be listening

lmao

Arh, but it seems like non of you nerds realise the loneliness that comes with leaving behind these sort of things.
I used to have a bunch of friends that would do fun stuff like go to parties, go to the park or, or just do stuff in general, maybe a group of like 10-15 people.
It was fun times, but as i got older i dont really talk to them but mostly a few close mates thats not really friends with eachother so now i dont really do a lot of those things anymore and that shit is lonely as fuck... Keep those friends around anons, going to the park drinking beers with one friend is not as fun as doing it with say 10... Dont do what i did bros...