I grew up without a father. Raised in a family with 3 sisters and no brother...

I grew up without a father. Raised in a family with 3 sisters and no brother. I went from a fat druggy in high school to excelling in college and becoming at least dyel. Now that I am growing up I wish I had a male role model to look up to.
What does it mean to be a man Jow Forums?

Attached: eIjNpSh.jpg (1920x1080, 247K)

Other urls found in this thread:

poetryfoundation.org/poems/46473/if---
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What does it mean to excel?

Accepting responsibility and providing for your family.

Went from 214lb to 175lb. Went from 2.4 gpa to 3.9 gpa. Now I feel directionless.

>Swift as a coursing river
>With all the force of a great typhoon
>With all the strength of a raging fire
>Mysterious as the dark side of the moon

I don't know what my responsibilities are. It seems as if my whole life is just going to the gym and going to school

I unironically listen to that song when i lift

Being a man is about having your own direction. You can take heed, learn from other mistakes. Etc. But you and only you should know where and how to get where you are going.

Getting a job would be a start

In the most basic sense, a man is someone who doesn't compromise on his own principles. Women have principles, but since they are so emotional they may compromise on them in the heat of the moment or disregard them entirely. Emotional males do this, too.

Anyone who tells you anything to do with material objects, lifting, or women is dead wrong. Not saying none of these things matter, they can help to build your confidence which is important as a person, not just a man. But it does not make a man a man.

I was working as a server for a while but ended up quitting as it was hard to balance school and work. Plus all that extra good boy points ruined my cut

Loving everything that happens to you as agents of your evolution, laughing in the face of tragedy and seeing all your enemies and those who deceive you as vital partners in your growth.

How do you figure out your principles?

Decide what is most important to you and live by it. If you have absolutely nothing that you believe in, I'd recommend reading stuff by traditional writers who cover masculinity. Like Marcus Aurelius, Jack Donovan, etc. Odds are if you have nothing, you were brought up by women.

I should have said career, not job. Wagie drudgery is a means to an end.

What does it take to be a man?
What does it take to see
It's all heart and soul
A gentle hand
So easy to want and so hard to give
How can you be a man
'Til you see beyond the life you live?
Oh, what does it take to be a man?
We can be blind, but a man tries to see
It takes tenderness
For a man to be what he can be
And what does it mean
If you're weak or strong?
A gentle feelin'
can make it right or make it wrong
What does it take to be a man?
The will to give and not receive
The strength to say what you believe
The heart to feel what others feel inside
To see what they can see
A man is somethin' that's real
It's not what you are
It's what you can feel
It can't be too late
To look through the hate and see
I know that's what a man can be

Attached: 8230CE21-724A-4BFA-9A3A-00B17B8C09BE.jpg (380x349, 26K)

I'm got acceptance into the nursing program at my school. Which in hindsight was probably a bad idea. Should have just gone to trade school

I could give you a long talk about what I think being a man is, but with your mentality you're gonna discover it anyway. You're asking the right questions, it's only a matter of time

You still are in school. You have time. Listen to people, look at what they do, look at what you think they're doing right and wrong and make your own principles based on that. At the beggining you can simply try to emulate your "heroes", but don't shame yourself in the process. Reputation is one of the most important thinks you have in life, it's the shadow you cast on the world. Being cringy is the worst thing it could happen to you.

I had a similar thought a few years ago. Then i realised if I'd gone into a trade i likely wouldnt have met my wife.

haha yeah thats true, I thought nursing would be more based. It just a lot of girls complaining and fucking disney everywhere

I think it's is more of the people I surround myself with. I'm not the most social person and most of my friends just play games all day. There is a picture of masculinity I have in my head but it's hard to really make concrete goals to achieve it

>disney
You know the world is fucked when most 18-22yo women are still in their cartoon phase

But most people in here are as well, I guess Disney and anime are nearly the same thing

Seeing a bunch of nursing students with anime pins and anime stickers on their laptops would make me revaluate my whole career choice

That's why I said listen and look. You learn things by receiving and analising information.

Picture an image of your ideal self. If you have problems visualizing just take it from Google Images, whatever. Do the same with the opposite of your ideal.

Then put yourself in the middle. Look at what you have and what you don't have compared to those two. Then look at what you can solve and what is out of your range (bone structure, IQ, height...). Look also at what you don't have to do to become a degenerate.

You can change most important things, but most of them are hard to obtain. Don't give up

poetryfoundation.org/poems/46473/if---

You will chose comfort over hardship too often, if the choice is easy. Put yourself in hardship that you can't escape. Enlist and fight for (((international banking interests))), Or do the merchant marines. Or go find work on an oil rig. Those things will help you user.

thanks user, I appreciate it. My whole life I've been swaddled and tried on a bunch of personas to try to find myself. But your advice makes the image a bit clearer

>What does it mean to be a man Jow Forums?
reminds me of an old sandnigger parable I shall adapt for you...

>TURK CHAD was walking in the bazaar with a large group of his DYEL VIRGIN followers. Whatever CHAD did, his followers immediately copied. Every few steps CHAD would stop and shake his WEIGHTS in the air, touch his MUSTACHE and jump up yelling "SUP BROS!". So his followers would also stop and do exactly the same thing.
>One of the merchants, who knew CHAD, quietly asked him: "What are you doing my old friend? Why are these people imitating you?"
>"I have become a SELFHELP GURU," replied CHAD. "These are my BETAS (GF seekers); I am helping them BECOME MEN!"
>"And how do you know when they BECOME MEN?" said the merchant.
>"That’s the easy part!" CHAD laughed. "Every morning I count them. The ones who have left – they have BECOME MEN!"

Attached: nasreddin.jpg (220x244, 24K)

>Biological father used to starve me and would make me sleep on either the floor or on an old mattress with no covers, blankets, pillows, or bedframe, while my half sister (Who he had cheating on my mom) had all those things
>Last saw him at the age of 6

>Mom remarries
>Stepdad puts a knife to my throat, gets drunk and makes me pull my pants down to laugh at my penis, filmed me naked and told me he was going to show everyone just to make me cry then deleted it when I did, always let me know I was never as good as his real sons, and so on and so on
>Last saw him at 15

>Most consistent figure in my life is my mom, who could also be really cold growing up
>She married a third time, but I was much older but he’s a good man
>Closest thing to a real father I had was my grandfather, who died when I was 16 and I always felt that I never told him how much I loved him enough

>Have a good job where I get to stand up for people who can’t
>Stay in good shape to keep up my confidence
>Met a woman I’m in love with and have been with her so far for 6 years and going strong
>In a way always appreciate the things that happened, because they taught me how not to be
>All these years have kept my stepdad’s last name and will never change it, because it will always be a reminder that I took something bad and made it my own

What you’re doing is letting yourself blame things you can’t change for your shortcomings. Let them strengthen you. Let them show you what you want to be NOW. You can either learn from the things you didn’t have, or you can drown in it.

You’re direction is perfect. Now just start to think about what you want to do with your life. You know you can achieve it, so whatever it is, keep up that work ethic and don’t ever stop.

>raised by women

You’re overweight, effeminate, you have no idea how to please a woman, you are meek and subservient to stupid disgusting women. You’re trash. Kill your self
You should of killed yourself upon knowing you’d be raised by ONLY women. Now you act like them. You’re just like Bruce Jenner, faggot.
A homosexual couple raising you would
Of done a better job. If you wanted to know what feeling like a waste of life is, you’re living it bro.
Raised by women holy fuck.

I'm sort of in the same boat as you, and posted the story how it came to that on here.
Do you know your dad? If so this could have something for you. I ask you that because I did.
And my brother is an exact copy of my dad (personality wise) but the dude used to beat the shit out of my mom and I'd be the only one really have the balls to do something. But my mom wanted to keep us safe, because small kids VS aggressive man wouldn't be too fair, until I was 12 and I snapped when I heard him smacking her. I beat him up pretty bad and ever since then, I came to the conclusion that eventually you'll need to count on yourself and people you look up to as role model.
I know I still missed things ever since they divorced short after I beat him, but I think it's better to grow up missing something and loving someone else more (mom) than having to deal with daily hurt.

Attached: 1558338098806.jpg (169x169, 8K)

Good job user, you grandad would be proud of you.

I like it

based and mulanpilled

Any societal expectation of being a man is just trying to condition you into being subservient to it.
Being a man is being honest with yourself.
It means not lying to yourself.
Being courteous or noble without you wanting it is being cucked by your culture.

I was in a similar situation as you, OP. We're both gonna make it if we try.

the opposite of incel

Nice work user!

Attached: 50A94BB8-7877-442F-956F-7A9532C59F49.png (929x726, 646K)

Doesn’t he say that I’m the OP, I’m in his same spot where I have 3 sisters and was raised by my mom and nan and I don’t really have any things to live by other than life is suffering get on with it.

>What does it mean to be a man Jow Forums?
Not whining about your shit and bothering others with your whineyness.

Yikes!