What's a good Push/Pull/Legs split?

What's a good Push/Pull/Legs split?
Especially "Push", which exercises and how many sets are best?

Attached: intermediate-and-advanced-push-pull-legs-split-routine.jpg (700x213, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/workouts/boring-but-big-3-month-challenge
jackedfactory.com/20-rep-squat-program/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Like, how about:
bench press
incline bench press
dips
maybe some cable chest exercises
shoulder press
lateral raises
two triceps exercises

Isn't that way too much? How do you split it?

Got u bro
Push Day: Do exercises involving a push
Pull Day: Do exercises involving a pull
Legs Day: Skip

Push:
Bench
Incline dumbbell alternating with OHP
weighted dips
cable flies
skullcrushers
rope pushdowns
Pull:
weighted pullups
seated row
lat pulldown
krok rows
upright rows
reverse flies
Legs:
just throw some deadlifts and leg press randomly in your push/pull routines whenever you feel like it

cannot beat:

>heavy incline bench
>flat DB bench bodybuilding reps/sets
>hammer incline machine bodybuilding reps/sets
>flat DB bench fly AND/OR decline cable flyes for the pump reps/sets with emphasis on the stretch

>cap it off with db lateral flyes and tricep work supersets

Based but also cringepilled.

I do traditional strength training three days and high volume hypertrophy PPL on off days. These are bodybuilding sets, so like 3-5x8-15 with little rest. Many are done as super sets.

PUSH:
Weighted Dips
BTN
Wide grip bench
Pullovers
Skullies
Ab circuit
PULL
weighted chins
Aussie rows
Glute bridge
Shrugs
Curls
LEGS/back
zercher squats
Lunges
SLDL
Calf raises

t-nation.com/workouts/boring-but-big-3-month-challenge

Pick three exercises. Do one at high intensity low volume, one at medium intensity medium volume, one at low intensity high volume. That's all you need.

Isn’t that the GZC approach?

do pull push legs because your core needs a days rest between pull and legs. a 4th day of cardio is good to again for core between pull and leg day. no rest days

PULL
barbell rows
pull ups
a couple of bicep curl variations
a couple of ab exercises
maybe a trap exercise

PUSH
ohp
bench/dips
one isolation exercise for tricep, one for chest and one for shoulders

LEGS
diddys
squats (leg press if I did heavy diddys)
one isolation for quads, one for hamstrings and one for calfs

CARDIO
40 minutes of cardio

this is my routine and I enjoy it

Have you actually done this? I love wendler and his approach but his directions are often unclear or contradictory.
For example, do you just do your high volume assistance at the same weight for a whole month, and then increase it the second month etc.?

I do PPL, it works for me to alternate the exercises each workout.
So push will be shoulder press one day, bench the other.
Pull will be dumbell/barbell rows or weighted pull ups, legs either squats or deadlifts etc.
Routine will be ABCABCx

Thats the program yes but if you can do linear gains I recommend increasing yoru TM every week.

My normal routine is something like

Day 1 5/3/1 - Bench
10x5 OHP (50-75%) depending on my feels
10x5 Chins

Day 2 5/3/1 Squat
10x5 Dead (50-75%)
Accessories if physically able 10x5 dead is brutal

REST

Day 4 5/3/1 OHP
10x5 Bench 50-75%
10x5 Heavy row (60-80%)

Day 5 5/3/1 Dead
10x5 Squat
10x5 Hanging leg raise
+ Glute bridges (5x3 very heavy)

On all these days I do fluff accessories obviously
Always Curls + Triceps on Bench/OHP day. Also some additional ab or glute work on leg day

>Chest/Back//Legs in Evening
>Shoulders/Arms
>Shoulders/Arms
>Shoulders/Arms

The Arnie Split is Superior

Attached: ArnoldRealTitlePic.jpg (1090x614, 123K)

PPL and the arnie split sadly only works if you roid. A natty needs more rest that those programs offer

Rest on Sunday. Just fine. You won't be able to do the same volume that Arnie did, but you can still do a lot more than the average redditor thinks

Attached: a shy knight.png (195x189, 94K)

no natty will be able to work out twice a day 6 days a week with proper intensity mate its just not a thing

Thanks.
Doesn’t 5x10 deadlifts fuck your shit up? Most volume programs say to avoid them (like Gironda and GVT). Closest I’ve done is 3x15 SLDL or rack pulls and even those felt like I was pushing the snap city envelope.

Also did you mean to write 10x5 and not 5x10? That’s an unusual combo. 5 reps at light weight many many times....

Twice per day, 3 times per week. The other 3 days are only once per day. Absolutely possible. Eat good food, get 8 hours of sleep

>zercher squats
GRIZZLY and LIVING IT pilled

Attached: 1553869408000.jpg (630x630, 47K)

THE LUNATIC

I mean i usually come close to vomitting on deadlift days but i push hard. its pretty great. its just a lift like any other. but i take the rest day after deadlifts to give a bit more recovery for th next upper body set
yea 5 sets of 10 not 10 sets of 5.

Also remember that shoulders/arms aren't really going to be compound movements, mostly isolation - and an accessory to the shoulder/arm work that comes from chest/back compounds anyway. It's ingenuously set-up

Not sure if sarcastic. Squats are my heaviest lift and strain my lower back because I’m tight/APT. Zerchers are much less spinal strain plus boost core and arms.

>Not sure if sarcastic
neither am I.

Attached: 1557315136652.jpg (954x934, 131K)

based and redpilled
kinda, gzcl is the most sound programming for overall strength
Big fan of his latest stuff, general gainz aka "controlled efficient fuckarounditis"

Attached: GZCL.png (871x1346, 810K)

Thanks fampai. I’ve been thinking of trying BBB but good to hear from someone who has tried it.

If you want some next level shit that will make you vomit try some 20 rep routines sometime. I’ve done the classic squats and milk and loved it. A guy on here also posted an insane 3x20 program. Can give you more info on either if you want.

>started doing zerchers to improve squat form and build a bit of arm strength because i had to do them a lot slower
>realise it's great practice for carrying girls while you fuck them
>start doing them exclusively

20 reps would jsut force me to drop weight even more. i kind think 10 reps is a sweet spot but go for it. gonna stick with BBB for another 7 months at least but im all for new stuff. i only workout because i enjoy feeling pain not really for aesthetics or strength but those things are just consequences

I actually chuckled.

I’ve seen so much GZCLP posted on this board the last few months I suspect someone is shilling it. I mean, it’s not a bad model but it seems needlessly complicated and like it’s cobbled together from established programs and bro science. What’s behind it? Does this redditor have legit credentials or physique? Are there verified results?

>did you just say upright rows?

Attached: jeff.jpg (1080x1169, 96K)

Absolutely based.

You are correct 20 reps is a totally different animal. Yes you start with lower weight but build up to brutal shit. The classic program takes your 5 rep max to your 20 rep max in 6 weeks.

I’ve never tried a 5x10, but there’s a lot of consensus around doing a shitload of sets in the 8-12 rep range for aesthetics, especially with little rest. Eg gironda 8x8 as I mentioned.

On OHP days my accessories are basically triple sets of

Curl
Dips
Lat Raises

5x10 of each supersetted. It nets a really good burn.

Classic squats and milk:
jackedfactory.com/20-rep-squat-program/

Pic related is the 3x20 I haven’t tried. Guy claims he alternated weeks of 5x5 or something with these high volume weeks and made great gains.

Attached: 8340EE78-5157-4D12-AA5E-8F7B2A4A44B5.png (750x1334, 182K)

>Legs Day: Skip

kek

Attached: tenor.gif (360x346, 170K)

Nice.
I’m home gym with no dumbbells so can’t lat raise :(
I tried barbell raises side to side but terrified of smashing something and didn’t feel the same.

im home gym as well with no DB. I just raise my plates

None PPL is a shit meme peddled by DYELs and roiders. You'll find the occasional anecdote of somebody who looks good after doing PPL but they're the exception rather than the rule

So you just have to choose either 10, 25, or 45 lbs?

5,10,15,20kg. yea but youre not going to be lat raises full plates 50 times in a super set.

Workout saturday morning. Rest saturday + sunday. Can even workout monday evening, but normally monday morning all is fine again.

>what’s a good push:pull:leg split
That is the split retard

feeling fine and maximizing gains are not hte samr thing

Thanks ill try it! Been doing a lot of weighted chins but they aren’t hitting my last the way I want.

DYEL confirmed. Too little volume for people withou vaginas

Attached: 29BCB519-F47F-4BDD-8A50-2C0EC98CC25C.jpg (750x750, 135K)

wow are you me?

Attached: 1544125025046.jpg (1600x1600, 144K)

This is too conformist and has insufficient muscle confusion.
I do all my push exercises on pull day and vice versa.
Sometimes I’ll pull on leg day too but then I need to add another leg day to do push because if not I’ll be pushing on push day which I want to avoid so it’s usually better to just skip leg day.

Pic related is the routine I've been doing for a few weeks.

Attached: Routine.png (794x661, 188K)

Sorry, fixed a few typos.

Attached: 8467E19E-5EAE-4A9B-B4C9-9A2A40155C6B.jpg (794x661, 101K)

Weapons grade autism but I still laughed

Thanks for the correction. Seated sips are the best.

Attached: 1524658114187.jpg (684x755, 183K)

What even are seated dips? Assisted dips?

Giggle.
The sips meme was overdone but I wish it would come back for like one week a year. Memes should have seasons.

Attached: B1227505-5174-4084-B090-B989689F2D10.jpg (750x1334, 662K)

Attached: seateddips.jpg (480x360, 15K)

Not sure about GZCLP, i never tried it but the concept behind it is sound to acclimate beginners to more and more volume over time.
Cody ( dude behind it ) actually has had good results and vanilla gzcl its just 5/3/1 if it wasnt retarded
Best gains i had were while running gzcl like in the pic i posted ; except for bench, where i just need a shitton of volume at a lower intensity to make more progress.
Just try it for a few cycles id say and judge if its for you or not.

it's called full body 3x a week

Absolute madman.

Attached: 20181023_234054.jpg (306x227, 49K)

Jeff Nippards upper program is pretty good

Yeah I’m not saying it’s bullshit. Just wondering if there’s concrete data showing it’s better than the other established programs around like BBB that justify the added complexity. Glad you got results with it.

Push/Pull/Legs is inferior. It's better to have a two-day full-body horizontal/vertical split, like

A (horizontal)
>Row
>Bench
>Diddlies
>Face Pulls
>Floor Flys (or cable crossovers)
>Lateral Raise

B (vertical)
>Pullup
>Shoulder Press
>Squat
>Skullcrushers
>Curls
>Shrugs

how bad is the reddit program?

PULL

Deadlifts 1x5+/Barbell rows 4x5, 1x5+ (alternate, so if you did deadlifts on Monday, you would do rows on Thursday, and so on)

3x8-12 Pulldowns OR Pullups OR chinups

3x8-12 seated cable rows OR chest supported rows

5x15-20 face pulls

4x8-12 hammer curls

4x8-12 dumbbell curls

PUSH

4x5, 1x5+ bench press/4x5, 1x5+ overhead press (alternate in the same fashion as the rows and deadlifts)

3x8-12 overhead press/3x8-12 bench press (do the opposite movement: if you bench pressed first, overhead press here)

3x8-12 incline dumbbell press

3x8-12 triceps pushdowns SS 3x15-20 lateral raises

3x8-12 overhead triceps extensions SS 3x15-20 lateral raises

LEGS

2x5, 1x5+ squat

3x8-12 Romanian Deadlift

3x8-12 leg press

3x8-12 leg curls

5x8-12 calf raises

Do face pulls last on the pull day. If you go all out on push day, you should probably alternate bench and OHP instead of doing both.

PUSH A:
Bench or dumbbell bench 8x8-12
Incline bench or incline dumbbells 5x8-12
Dip/weighted dip 3xF
Skullcrushers 5x8-15
Pushdowns

PULL A:
Chins/weighted chins 5xF
Lat pulldowns 5x8-12
Close grip lat pulldowns 5x8-12
Hammer curls 5x8-12 or as many as you want

SHOULDERS A
Front raises 8x12-20
Lateral raises 8x12-20
Face pulls 4x15-20
Rear delt flies 5x15-20
Shrugs 3 sets

PUSH B
Dumbbell flies 8x8-12
Incline dumbell flies 5x8-12
Dips/weighted dips 3xf
Skullcrushers 5x8-15
Pushdowns

PULL B
Rows 8x8-12
Machine rows 8x8-12
Curls 5x8-12 or as many as you want

SHOULDERS B
OHP 5x8-12
Dumbell OHP 8x8-12
Arnold press 5x8-12
Machine shoulder press 5x8-12

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 18K)

Working pretty good for me. I made the following changes: Alternate 1x5 heavy deadlifts and 3x5 somewhat lighter dls. I also do underhand pendlay rows every pull day. Lateral raise 3*15 because 6*15 is insane. Weighted neutral grip pull ups 3*5. Dumbbell rows instead of seated cable. Leg ext instead of Romanian deadlift because I'm already DLing twice a week. I also do a total of 4 biceps sets a day instead of 8. Don't be afraid to change the program a little if it makes your body feel better. Running a 6 day program can be very stressful on your body, especially in the beginning. I go up on my main lifts If I can hit the reps for 2 days straight.

>Lateral raise 3*15 because 6*15 is insane
lmao post shoulders dyel

6 sets is a litle too much for my slight rotator cuff issue's but my shoulders are pretty decent. OHP is comparatively very high to my bench

I don't understand, why not focus on muscle groups? Why is PPL a thing? Why not super set?

Pushing or pulling tends to work overlapping muscles. The (bro) science is that you want to fatigue the same muscles through a lot of abuse in the same session rather than diversifying the load.

lat raises is for lateral delts not lats on back. careful there you need to go lighter don't ego on lat raises

Attached: 1557897070030.gif (400x400, 89K)

I literally did this for about six months lol shit was cash

>push
3x5 barbell bench
3x10 dumbbell OHP
3x10 skull crusher
3x10 incline press (db or bb)
3xF side raises
3xF dips
>pull
3x5 bb row
3x10 bb curl
3x10 single hand cable trap raise
3xF chin ups
3x15 LIGHT face pull
2xF db curl
>legs
3x5 bb squat
3xF leg raise
4x12 hip thrusts (butt gains)
3x10 (per leg) Bulgarian split squat

When you say it it sounds so obvious. I’ve been lifting for a decade and never thought of this. But I’ve also almost never done them.
The more I think about it the more I don’t want to do them either. Who needs the shoulder grief?

FACT: Cable Flyes are the best chest accessory

Attached: cable flyes.jpg (1280x720, 97K)

lmao post body

No u

GOTTA CONFUSE THE BODY
RIGHT BABE?

Ohp or bench
Squat variation
Deadlift variation
2x5, 5 days a week.
Eternal ppl.