Alternatives to running

What are viable alternatives to running? I can't do it, but I like the health benefits.

Attached: Muybridge_runner.jpg (443x406, 47K)

Dying.

You can do it, you're just being a little bitch about it. Go slower. Don't heal strike. Find an audiobook or a podcast and a scenic part of your neck of the woods and just go. slow. I'm talking 10-12 minute miles. The goal of this isn't to become shredded the goal is to enjoy it more right now, so you won't mind doing it more later. Get out, go slow. When you're fine running for a while at that pace, increase just a little bit, for just a mile or two.

>But user I don't have legs
Prosthetics are real good.

>But user muh knees
If your form is good your knees will be fine. Look up proper form. Running is a skill, you need to perfect your form to avoid injury, just like lifting.

>user it's so fucking boring
Bitch did you not hear the part about podcasts and audiobooks? Look up the app "Libby". There are thousands on there. Some kind of entertainment while you run is the difference maker. It doens't such when you have an hour of a cool show to listen too.

>user my running shoes suck.
You can run in almost anything with good form. You don't need 145$ brooks. Go buy some cheap kicks that you find comfy. Check out runrepeat.com for cheap deals online

>user it's so fucking hot where I live
Where sunscreen, carry a water bottle. Humans are evolved to be fine with this shit. Or run at night.

>user I-
Shut the fuck up. You can run. Go

jump rope.

fpbp

>how can i get the benefits from the said thing, but avoid the said thing at the same time?

Attached: 1528759732889.png (645x729, 81K)

just do any other form of cardio? it's not like running is all that amazing anyway, it's just accesible to most people

Biking, swimming, rowing

>You can do it, you're just being a little bitch about it.
I literally have brain damage. I had a tumor in my cerebellum removed and still recovering, when I try to run I trip over because I got trouble controlling left side of my body.

I'm literally a brainlet, lol.

Cycle or swim then.

Swim and you might drown
Run and you might fall into a fire hydrant and impale your face into it
Bike and you might go into traffic

Just do treadmill or the elliptical

>Swim and you might drown
Not sure about that, I feel like swimming is all right, but there are no decent swimming pools in my area.

>Just do treadmill or the elliptical

Probably. Will have to buy it, though.

Unironically do a ton of pushups. It'll give you some good cardio.

That's more like it. Trying to figure out my daily bodywieght routine anyway.

How much rep/sets would you do for that?

your only options are cardio machines where your body is somewhat fixed into a position (stationary bike, elliptical, rowing, etc)
I hope you recover well, user

Crawling. I've seen this called quadrobics. Jumping from all fours. Standing floor jump.

Crawling? Colonel Buster Monroe-style? With your lower body cut off and putting your guts back inside every 3 miles?

Amrap amsap. Every other day. Just don't actually fail. Go to form breakdown, but always keep a couple reps in the tank.

Ben Greenfield has some great posts about these vibrating mats that more or less replicate low-intensity exercise. Apart from that try switching your computer setup so you can move more, that's the main thing you want out of walking/running etc.

His most prominent memory of the loss is watching the soldier do a Can-Can dance with the severed legs

Attached: 340-1.png (340x254, 127K)

I can only run during the summer. During winter I get close to freezing my ass off and there is ice everywhere so I can slip very easily. What do I do?

I have the flattest foot on earth and can’t run without feeling like my arch is going to snap in half. Should I get a special kind of shoe or insole? Maybe change my form?

Hey, user

FUCK

Uphill walk. You can hold on to the sides, so know that makes it less intense

Running is retarded. Literally everything else is better. The long term impact on your knees from running will keep only the few genetically predisposed healthy. Go ride a fuckign bike outside, shit

>What are viable alternatives to running?
use bike trainer. I have mine in front of my computer. I use an xbox controller with controller companion to operate the computer, and use some headphones to drown on the trainer sounds. I use the bike trainer for 1 hour 6 days a week.

>Unironically do a ton of pushups.
everyone should do a bunch of push ups every other day because it will keep your core and back strong and prevents back injury. My back would be in shambles if I didn't do my push ups. back injuries can be extremely painful and come seemingly out of the blue. Once I could not move without extreme pain for 3 weeks.

Nigger

Rowing is very nice, it's also low impact so easier for fatties and retards

EXCUSES EXCUSES
START RUNNING FAGGOT

Oldest excuse in the book

What is Jow Forums their opinion on running with an injured knee? Should I just do it?