Technique Critique

Today I went back to gym after nasty flu, but Ive felt that Im still pretty weakened especially on my squats. I've asked my buddy to record my form, which came out to be bad. I was feeling that unneccesary lower back activation which came out to be due to butt wink.

Any more feedback on my form?
I may see some stability issues (leaning forward and putting weight in front/on the toes).

Help a fellow newbie.
What would be your recommendation? Hamstrings stretches, some specific mobility drill?

Attached: squat22.webm (640x360, 2.58M)

Your back is rounding over when you hit parallel

Keep that lower back tight

Might want to start stretching ankles and hamstrings

Youre crunching the fuck out of your knees bro, you need to slow down considerably.

The butt wink is from going too low, other anons might disagree as its a point of contention but I would say your quads need to be parrallel to the ground instead of ass to grass.

Do it much slower. Right now you are bouncing, more than lifting.

jfc control your descent. conciously brace and focus on keeping your chest up, you're folding like a twink fucking lawn chair

Attached: 1555542492996.png (1032x746, 888K)

You don't brace
Too fast between reps
No control, especially at the bottom, slow down
Shit shoes
Heels come up

Ok, so slower more controlled movement. Got it.
>Shit shoes
What shoes should I wear?
Any other than pricy pro weightlifting shoes?
>heels come up
How to counter this?

too fast, too deep, back+core not tight enough, heels leave ground and you're walking too far back from the rack. Also you should probably put in the safety bars

your heels are coming up because you're losing all tension in your back and core at the bottom. as a result you fold like a piece of tissue paper and the weight shifts forward from your midfoot. focus on bracing and flexing your back and keeping your chest up and it will resolve.

im not trying to be mean, how much weight is that?

Your butt wink is intolerable

When you are a newbie you get detrained pretty fast. A week or two out with flue is enough to lose some gains. It takes about a week or two to get back where you where. I'd just lower the weights, doing more warm ups focusing on technique etc.

It looks like your upper back is losing its tightness when you get below parallel, your chest is supposed to stay up it seems like its caving in. You probably have to lower the weights and working on keeping chest up

Thanks, will try to incorporate that from now on.
Its 80kg including bar. Started lifting 1,5month ago.
Thats why Im here to for feedback.

Fuck buying shoes for it go barefoot. Or if you can't go barefoot just go to Walmart or Kmart or whatever and buy some $5 flat sole shoes. Those fuckers will last a lifetime in theyre just your squatting boots.

Stretch and improve your hamstrings. RDL and hip thrusts. Standing on plates is cheating

I feel like I would fall on my back if I try to put my chest higher and torso in more vertical position.

I was tempted to just use a pair of basic sneaker shoes like converse, but im not sure about that so I just went with some standard sport shoes.

Okay, so my advice would be to keep the elbows under the bar, brace better, go slower and work on that wink.

if you continue bouncing so hard at the bottom you're gonna fuck up your calves.

you lose so much stability and force transfer if you squat barefoot

Why are you outside the squat rack.

Holy fuck that dive bomb decent. You're lucky you already aren't at snap city.