STOP VERTICAL PULLING

There is literally NO REASON to perform vertical pulls. Horizontal pulls accomplish the exact same thing, except EVEN MORE.

>but my lower back is too taxed

Non-sense, there is NO REASON TO EVER VERTICAL PULL. If your lower back is taxed, then simply form ANY braced row... standard DB row, chest supported T-Bar row, inverted rows, and I think you will find cable rows very easy on the lower back.

PROVE ME WRONG.

Attached: 54446846_1212102438984155_9081436393104753885_n.jpg (1080x1080, 168K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=5dj7UUN4RIs
youtu.be/xGsbwVeTtfk?t=20
youtube.com/watch?v=Py8g4Rmu8Tc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Op is a bloater who can't do pullups

FALSE.

I CAN, AND BEFORE NOW, I HAVE DONE MANY. I PREFER THE CHIN-UP, HOWEVER, AFTER ATHLEANX TOLD ME ABOUT SHOULDER POSITION.

THAT BEING SAID, I WOULD GO AS FAR AS TO SAY EVEN LAT PULL-DOWNS (FOR THE BLOATER) ARE ALSO USELESS.

Weighted pull ups are my favorite exercise. Sometimes working out is about fun.

Pull ups are literally one of the few actually functional lifts that make sense

stop liking what I don't like

IN WHAT WAY IS IT FUNCTIONAL.
>to climb things
TO CLIMB IS A FUNCTION OF PULLING STRENGTH. YOU NEED TO PULL THINGS TO PRACTICE THE FUNCTION, NOT PULL-UP SPECIFICALLY.

Or OR, just hear me out... do both.

I do vertical pulls in both directions (pull ups, upright rows) and horizontal pulls (bent over db rows), vertical push in both directions (overhead press, dips) and horizontal push (bench). Figure I might as well get every direction down.

> he doesn't do diagonal Mongolian DB rows
it's like you don't even want to make it user

I program rows, but if I'm working out in a cage/rack with a pull up bar, I'll jump up there and do a few set to failure in between other exercises. Can't make me any smaller/weaker so why not? And I get to mog everyone at the state fair when the Marines set up their "Pull Up Challenge" table...feels comfy to get a t-shirt.

Someone post the webm.

>diagonal

I've already considered a push and a pull with something behind me to double up on the horizontal directions, and now you've given me even more to think about.

nice

reddit

spacing

faggot

NICE 2016 Jow Forums "STANDARD BASELESS COMEBACK" LOSER. HERE'S ONE FOR YOU TOO:

YOUR MOM.

Based all caps mongoloid

Humans evolved from monkeys. I am VERY skeptical of anyone who says that swinging and hanging by your arms isn’t extremely good for us.

Fat cope

>there is no reason to have variation in your physical activity

Apes, not monkeys. And there's a pretty good theory that they were costal apes spending shitloads of time in water.

Attached: human_aquatic_adaptations.png (3072x2170, 767K)

Post studies or fuck off with this aquatic humans bullshit.

>Patrick Ewing.jpg

Post body

Whoever made that should be shot

I’ve heard this and that’s fine. But if you want to argue that tree dwellers aren’t an important part of our genetic heritage as well you are a retard who should do water breathes 1xF.

Swim
Chin ups
Profit

Attached: EFBEFF6E-3074-4D42-ACC7-C09EC2585385.jpg (350x333, 95K)

Yeah but the other guy has an infograph so it’s a tough call.

>lats get like half the range of motion
>but they're totally better in every way

do both faggot, don't be such a pussy

This is why so many military privates are weak and out of shape.
Can't do pull ups, push ups, or march 10 miles w/out dying.
Body weight exercises beat everything

It feels gay though bending over in the middle of the gym

Attached: 1A1495AC-F015-439E-9C25-B9A3C9A5AAFD.jpg (640x620, 32K)

>vertical pulls bring the lats through a longer range of motion and will therefore lead to greater lat development

>they potentially hit biceps harder depending on variation

>any parts of the back that vertical pulls don't hit as efficiently as rows and taken care of via deadlifting

fatty cope

>actually advocating against pull-ups now

When did this board become anti-fitness? Am I being memed?

>He thinks you will never need to practice climbing things to get better at it

Then go workout early in the morning when no one is there.

Then stop being gay

vertical pulls move the back and arms through a longer range of motion

horizontal pulls are only better for rear delts

This. That’s why I do hip thrusts instead. Most heterosexual (or at least gay top) of exercises

It has to do with the angle your humerus is at when you pull. Just like changing the angle of a facepull targets different back muscles, so too do pendlay rows vs pull/chin ups alter the muscles utilized in the lift. The fact I responded to this bait is making me rethink my entire life. Thanks fit.

Sure, you can get away with not doing them, but excluding an entire plane of motion is silly. Someday you might find yourself hanging off the edge of a cliff and regret not working your pullups.

OP BTFO

Probably years ago when people here unironically were telling people that cardio was bad and still are

>I do upright rows.
See you in Shouldersnap City, buckaroo.

Fpbp

fpbp lel

Does this apply to vertical pressing too, mr fgt?

fpbp
powershitters should stay in their own containment thread

Attached: 1557158058293.jpg (634x896, 122K)

/fat/ - Powerlifting, mirin threads & protein powder recepies

>PROVE ME WRONG.
just look at the picture you posted numbnuts

Sure. There's no reason to do anything because we're all going to die some day anyway. So fuck reason and just do what you want. I do all the lifts because I want all the different kinds gains. Fuck you.

Wow this bitch looks like shit without makeup.

Radical

Post face

Looks like her face is dropping because of the point she is at in her stride, probably the worst frame possible during a run

guys whats your ratio between bent over rows and pull ups ?

hello beautiful

Mirin. I can only 1arm deadhang with my right hand

I row 90kg for 6. 95 with a belt. I can only do a couple of pull-ups, maybe 3 (I'm a big boy) but my lat pulldown is 80 for 6. I go extra wide and had to drop the weight though, probably ~85 with a more normal grip

Obligatory

m.youtube.com/watch?v=5dj7UUN4RIs

whats your bodyweigh and deadlift max ?

105 kg. The most I've diddlied was 140. I keep wormchadding, so I'm progressing slowly. I neglected my low back too long.

keep it up bro, squats, hip thrusts and rows will improve your deadlift

>can’t do pull-ups
>v-vertical p-pulls are...are for BAKAS

Stay fat

Attached: 683BB226-D052-4C5B-A3B0-2A241F2604E4.jpg (243x249, 8K)

Thanks bro. Though I'm cutting now. The best I can hope is to keep my lifts stable till August or so.

>large protruding buttocks as a platform for carrying baby

Can't argue with that

This is a good thread to ask:

This is my current pull day (I like to keep it simple):
>Pendlay Rows
>Weughted Chin-ups
>One-arm Cable row
Any recommendations on what to replace the one-arm cable row with? Or leave as is?

Attached: 1554131293740.jpg (1478x9666, 3.22M)

Face pulls or shrugs.

Have fun dealing with shoulder issues. Oh and also, neutral grip weighted pull-ups are superior to everything else.

OP HERE HERE AND ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS THIS:

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

LET ME SEE, YOUR BEST ARGUEMENTS ARE:

1.) UM... WE USED TO BE LE MONKEY
2.) OP IS UM... FAT? YEAH FAT! HAHA GOT 'EM!
3.) ????? UHHH... RANGE OF MOTIONS? BECAUSE WE'VE NEVER DONE ANY SORT OF UNILATERAL ROW BEFORE????

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

LITERALLY ALL VERT PULLERS BTFO, GAY WITH AIDS HAHAHAHAH FAGS

>images uses nigs
>he doesn't know out of africa has long since been debunked

If a girl has a large buttocks she is likely to end up carrying my baby
Hue hue hue

It's not been debunked but there is some evidence that the human genus started in eastern europe.

>being this retarded

Im a wannabe powerlarder

If you ask ANY reputable powerlifter or person with big deadlift, all of them agree strong back / lats help with deadlift, thats common sense.

BUT
if you ask them what assistance exercises they SPECIFICALLY recommend to improve back strength for deadlift, overwhelming majority will point out barbell bent over rows.
Chris Duffin, Ed Coan, George Leeman, Cailer Woolam, you name it. They specifically mention bent rows and not vertical pulling. They all did vertical pulls too though.
Not to mention being strong in bent over position and strong back (especially upper back) helps tremendously in squat and bench press.

>hurdurr post body
im nowhere near being strong but i deadlifted 5 plates in competition last september

Attached: be better.jpg (640x640, 38K)

Actually, Malcom X, in his autobiography, was able to prove that (black) mankind did originate in Africa, but those born with Vitiligo (pic related) were collected on an island and bred by a wizard until white people were created and enslaved. However, they were able to escape or they were banished north, can't remember.

Sadly, I'm not making this up

Attached: makeup-mask-woman-648x364-header.jpg (648x364, 47K)

Some dude described it as the exact movement a woman is doing in when she's laying on the bed and removing her panties. It's pretty feminine.

Why would anyone take that guy seriously?

You can do both, right?

idk, black people practically worship him

that's because they're too fat to do pullups dummy

youtu.be/xGsbwVeTtfk?t=20
>0:25

youtube.com/watch?v=Py8g4Rmu8Tc

shut the fuck up twinkcel

I don't know whether I should be impressed that you were able to analyze that, but thanks user.

i watched the second video and not a single guy managed to get his chin over the bar. nice try fatty.

how many "shitty" pullups like this can you do with another bodyweight hanging off you?

thats right
you cant even do dead hang with that

Twinkcel cope

Even if they aren't needed, do pull ups. Do you want to be a faggot that can't do a pull up?

wow way to completely make my point for me retard.
not an argument.

This. Those guys are 180kg and 165kg. My Chinup 1RM is 130kg including my own weight. No way I could do the same weight as them even with shitty for or range of motion.

Mirin' room temperature iq

since tinitrip died

Merlin your argument

>there is some evidence that the human genus started in eastern europe.
This doesn’t make any sense. Why aren’t there any humans left there today?

This is absolutely correct. Have a doctorate in biology. Can confirm.

Based Celsius poster

*ahem*

Absolutely.

Fucking.

BASED!

Put your butt against the wall so it doesn't feel so gay

Yeah and put in a butt plug so no one can sneak it in if you know what I mean

Despite making up less than 5% of the global population Eastern Europeans account for more than 50% of Slavic idiocy worldwide.

what a great shit post

>Am I being memed?
In the biggest way possible.

Clean and Press. Mostly for the cleans, but you might as well press it once it's there.