How to train calves

Ok. some dudes struggle with shitty calves and it really shows. so here is a couple tips.

when you train calves, use one of those stools cross fags use. stand on the edge and get your heels down as far as you can without falling off.

then go all the way up. like... all the fucking way up. pretend like youre trying to get in on some giraffe pussy. imagine youre screwing in a lightbulb on a 10 ft ceiling. make believe you are a god damn manlet trying to cope. upon doing this your calves are probably going to cramp because youve never done this before. thats fine. take a break for a min and get back at it, they will get used to this.

finally. start with your body weight if already struggling/have tiny calves. add 10 lbs every training sesh and MAINTAIN THAT RANGE OF MOTION. move to 5 lbs a sesh if your form is faltering, and if you cant do 5 then just maintain and add later.

Attached: 11535809_10204868342170869_6158959935547539760_n.jpg (699x960, 98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MC_t8MfGHMQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Who that?

Also for calves the best exercise is the one they evolved for. Run (on your forefoot) 3 miles 4 days a week. Dont let your heel touch the ground the entire time

What kind of rep range is good with calves?

>Who that
No idea, but I noticed he has good fashion sense as well.

probably your typical hypertrophy volume. something like 4x9.

Isn't it true that for calves growth, full stretch is better?

One experiment had people train calves with a standard 3x10 protocol for weeks. Usually with any other part of the body you see measurable hypertrophy doing what fucking-ever.

None. Nothing. Zip, zilch nada.

If you're going to train calves you've got to do something else than standard.

Maybe long rep times, more reps etc. Making your cardio stairstepping with a weight vest might work, idk. But standard shit doesn't

Calf monster here , litterally never did a single calf raise in my entire life, however i do jumprope atleast 2 times a week
I found its just like forearms and need a ton more volume with very low intensity imo, maybe that's why fat guys have huge calves

I do reps of 20 with calves, i also started running in flat trainers as opposed to my ultraboosts and my calves are noticeably more sore every session

Bicycling and skateboarding are the only things I've seen that got people big calves.

Yea that guy’s advice is retarded. Might help growth but as a runner that’s injury city. Balanced foot strike is better than heel or toe strike...

Forefoot is balanced, no one is running on toes

I have huge muscles and have not even trained them. I have done jumping from climbing to trees as kid, cycling all the fucking time and later on sprinting but not even that much of it. It is genetic but also long ass repetitions every day along with negative reps would probably work wonders. But do it every day..

People often have combination of white vs red muscle cells in their bodies. Some get insane results on back and biceps but chest never gets as good as the other. Depends of your genetic lottery what you have.

Don't listen to this guy

>Tfw your calves are the biggest natural muscles you have

>Some get insane results on back and biceps but chest never gets as good as the other.
Holy shit this is so true
No matter how much i lift my chest and tits never seem to improve, but my biceps and back progress rapidly

> he doesn't know how to run

>I have done jumping from climbing to trees as kid

Attached: 1515706144752.jpg (408x439, 59K)

One thing you could try is running on a treadmill with maximum incline for like 10-20 minutes, thats what i like to do.

Usain Bolt runs on his forefoot. He doesn't seem injured. His calves aren't very big though.
youtube.com/watch?v=MC_t8MfGHMQ
Here you can see his heels never touch the ground.

can you please link the study?

some random guy, I guess. Nice physique tho

>His calves aren't very big though.
yeah but he's like 6'6 with african calflet genes

Get fat, walk a lot, cut, boom

>10secs sprint

All sprinters run forefoot. Most marathon runners too. It's not that your heel doesn't touch the ground, it can, it's just that it's not how you should absorb your weight and push off. Sprinting track shoes don't even have a real heel.

Attached: 17NIKMNKZMRVLS9BLTRC_Phantom_Grey_Black.jpg (1200x496, 75K)

3-5x15 6 days per week, according to Arnold

Attached: Arnie look.webm (1280x544, 1.02M)

Ex-calflet here. I was pretty tiny until I started running in minimalist running shoes with a forefoot strike. At 10 miles a week and literally no other leg exercises, I've made reasonable improvement.

And tense/stretch your calves whenever you're just sitting around. Helped me get huge calves.

Sprinting up stairs is the best for your calves.

I just do calf raises whenever I go for a smoke.
>mfw calves are the only trained part of my body

Attached: 1556134903725.jpg (439x439, 13K)

>forefoot strike. At 10 miles a week and literally no other leg exercises, I've made reasonable improvement.
based

I recently read a hilarious anecdote about a soldier in Napoleon's army who was supposedly very good looking but had tiny calves, so he had false calves made that he would wear.

Anyway, one time they were at inspection when another soldier noticed the false calves had slipped around to the front and burst out laughing. He was immediately arrested, but once he explained what had happened, the generals released him. They had him retell the story to their guests, called in the soldier with fake calves, and everyone laughed their asses off at him.

I can vouch for this. Mad gains in 6 months

Attached: topgun.jpg (1000x541, 91K)

i want to do this but every time i run my knees hurt like crazy

wat do

younger brother's training football for 12 years now and he has the fattest calves i've seen irl

Change your stride. You are likely overstriding. Run pitched forward slightly and get your knees up so you aren't landing with your foot in front of your center of mass.

i'll try that,
thanks dawg

There's all kinds of videos online to help, but if it's still a problem, go to a sports OT

Everyone has shit they can't grow. My biceps and forearms never grow. If I just look at a bench my pecs grow.

>calf raise
>not a farmer

Checking that triple dubs

Attached: 1555534276079.jpg (402x604, 39K)

who's this semen demon?

!!!

>how to train calves
>do calf raises

incredible stuff OP
you got a patreon my man?

I'd also like to know, I recognize her but I haven't seen her in forever.

Found her, Taisha Marie.

Along with forearms, I think they just need a lot of volume to get worked properly, as in way more than any other muscle group.

Used to go biking around my city for an hour and a half every day to try an lose weight as a former obeast. Made my quads respectably large, and it seems it made my calves beefy.

>any others with such an experience?

>african
He is jamacian you low test beta nerd loser

Weren't your calves already large from carrying around a ham planet, then you lost the weight so you could appreciate them?

>doesn't know we all came from africa
Lol lmaoing @ your life rn

Wat? Source?

If i am from africa why do i have a small penis? Checkmate loser

True Lies

>zoo tycoon like music
How fitting

Attached: tXXqkVN.jpg (720x540, 36K)

Chiming in on this, national level sprinter/hurdle and my form leads me to walk on the ball of my foot naturally. Biking, stair work, farmer carries (more volume) my nick-name back in my hs track program was russian big calves. fuck calf workout tho

Imagine needing to stand on your toes to change a lightbulb on a 10ft celling

Attached: 1506952276555.png (640x639, 437K)