I FUCKInG PASSED OUT AFTER HEAVY OHP

picrel me
how the fuck do i stop this from happening????
i got it up to lockout(1.2x my bodeweight strict press)and hit the pr and right after a shaky rerack fucking lost consciousness for like 10 seconds and fell on the floor
HOW THE FUCK DO I STOP THIS FROM HAPPEn REEE

Attached: 1554386832574.jpg (225x225, 5K)

did a cardio bunny give you mouth to mouth?

How did you not die?

OP seriously listen to my advice because I had the exact same shit happen to me. I always felt lightheaded and I passed out twice on my OHP reps

it could be
-not enough sleep
-lifting fasted or not eating enough

But most likely it's the same thing that fucked my: breathing. ALWAYS make sure you keep breathing properly when you do OHP. Make sure you catch your breath and rest, and always keep breathing.

Stop being a bitch lmao

You don't breathe during a 1rm. Exhale maybe.

>1.2x my bodeweight strict press
so 80lbs?

alsruhe told me to take a huge breath and keep it till lockout and he seems like an experienced guy

Eat more. Shitload of oats, milk, 1 scoop, banana or two and 3-4 tbsp of honey ...30-60 minutes before workout. Problem solved.

Attached: forthoseintheloop.gif (500x616, 665K)

Don't lift 1rms, there is no need for it. It's ego lifting when you can still get stronger going for reps.
Do more cardio. Don't listen to retarded gym bros, the heart is the most important muscle in the body.

1 rep maxing a clean/jerk OHP should have you breathing at some point

That's fucking dumb

Literal woman

Literal going to die from dropping a weight on his head.
Natural selection, I guess.

Attached: Crix.jpg (382x436, 54K)

Hey, you're the one who's asking for help. I can't be responsible if you don't take it. You do you.

What's the point of lifting weights at all if you're afraid you're gonna spontaneously die.

You can't make gains if you're dead.

But pretty much all the people that die in the gym, of which there are very VERY few, die benching, not pressing

Very few people do OHP at all. I think we can both agree that passing out while doing a 1rm OHP can result in a heavy weight hitting your head and killing you, but maybe not.

I wouldn't know for sure, but there probably are pretty strong natural instincts that if you feel you're gonna pass out to drop the weight in front of you or in a controlled fashion (before passing out) and not over your head like some final destination death. Most people pass out after finishing the lift unless they're diddling.

One potential cause is sudden hypoglycemia because your liver cannot keep up with the sudden and rapid glucose uptake out of the blood into muscles.

The solution for this is to drink refined sugar 15-30 minutes before the lift. Also, perform the lift early in the workout. In addition, make sure you consume adequate carbohydrates daily (8-12 g/kg body weight = 3.5 - 5.5 g/lbs body weight for 3+ episodes of exercise per week)

You're probably cutting off circulation when you lift

>The solution for this is to drink refined sugar 15-30 minutes before the lift.
>refined sugar
>Jow Forums
if your liver can't keep up, the solution is to improve your body's to regulate blood sugar, not use a toxic crutch that causes insulin resistance and induces systemic inflammation

I have a similar problem when deadlifting. I was fine until about a year ago. Now i feel extremely lightheaded after a heavy set of deads. I dont even go to my maxweight cause im scared of passing out.
My breathing is ok, and i was fine before. I even saw a cardiologist cause i thought i might have hearth issues, but no, everything is fine, i just cant deadlift anymore (sometimes i get lightheaded while squatting too).

Refined sugar is widely consumed by professional and world-class athletes. No need to comment on the pseudoscience.

And there is nothing to improve, it's pure genetics. Not everybody has the genetics to perform ridiculously intense whole-body lifts with fasting blood sugar levels without fainting.

So in that sense I agree that the more reasonable course of action would be not to perform any such lifts at all since genetics indicate a preference towards lower intensity.

>Refined sugar is widely consumed by professional and world-class athletes.
roid users, cool brah
>No need to comment on the pseudoscience.
sugar being unhealthy is pseudoscience now I guess.
>And there is nothing to improve, it's pure genetics. Not everybody has the genetics to perform ridiculously intense whole-body lifts with fasting blood sugar levels without fainting.
there are countless ways to improve this naturally, genetics only set a baseline

From your symptoms, I'd say you have a chronic lack of balls.

you might just be a vagallet that's prone to syncope

I have the same advice Also you can easily check your blood sugar with a blood sugar meter (10 bucks) to confirm or reject a suspicion of exercise hypoglycemia.

hypovolemia (not enough to adequately perfuse the brain during valsalva). intake more sodium and water. stop maxing out it has no benefit

>sudden hypoglycemia because your liver cannot keep up with the sudden and rapid glucose uptake out of the blood
thats absurd. thats not how it works. a single rep on OHP doesnt deplete blood glucose in 5 seconds. IV bolus insulin doesnt even work that fast