Hiking/Backpacking General

Does anyone here backpack or hike? I love these activities and they are definitely Jow Forums related.
Talk about gear, tips, places you like to go, share pictures you’ve taken, etc.

Attached: 77B05F25-586C-44EC-8646-DC545E5ABCC8.png (844x944, 128K)

I go hiking in Los Padres most of the time because it's the closest national park to me. The wilderness area is basically empty most of the time

Attached: 20190522_090410_50.jpg (2016x1512, 2.23M)

Check /out/

every summer I go to terra nova with my family but hike on my own for a bit, absolutely beautiful there and it was 30C my last visit so a real challenge this time around. gonna go for the real prize and visit gros morne this year, supposed to be orders of magnitude more beautiful out there.

Attached: terranova20182608.jpg (1080x754, 461K)

I’m curious what Jow Forums has to offer regarding the subject

It's a romantic exercise and that's why you need to take a woman with you. You go out there alone and you'll find out how alone you really are.

That just sounds like you're lonely. When I go out in the woods by myself it's to get away from everybody else, it's nice to have some time alone where I can go wherever I want. It's my own time and activity nobody can diminish or try to take away.

/out/ sucks ass unfortunately

So far I prefer being alone when out, the experience is stronger without distraction, same for watching a movie alone home vs cinema or with friends. It would have to be someone I really resonate with.

Although the mountains can be physically very isolating, I usually have the feeling that nature is alive, like there is a presence. Could be because I've paranoid tendencies though.

Attached: P1000383-1.jpg (2000x652, 245K)

Different personality perhaps. I can be lonely in a city or such but it's different out there. You witness the majesty of the creation and you need to share it with someone. I suppose any friends will do but woman is the best choice. Be like Adam and Eve.

They wouldnt say no, because of the implication

Yes :)

Did you take this picture/know where the picture was taken user? Ive lived in arid climates my entire life and i want to live somewhere like this when i have enough money to build my own home

That’s beautiful.

Do you go to any in southern ca? I just moved there

DENNIS

I go along with my friend on a lot of hiking trips looking for snakes, lizards, etc. He focuses on reptiles while I look for shrooms and plants that I enjoy. He's a manlet (pic related is him wrangling a copperhead, his very first venomous snake) and a skellyfag, ive been trying to get him to work out but he doesn't seem very interested, so just hiking has been our exercise.

Attached: snake.png (480x645, 768K)

i wouldn't suggest building a home there if you plan to stay there all year, the winters are probably 6-8 months long and unsurvivable

Oh, and we live in Tennessee just for context, lots of deep forests and rocky outcroppings. Excellent hiking all around. Pic related was a fly agaric I found while near Chattanooga.

Attached: 56770416_418532778712596_6880747855431073792_n.jpg (1296x1728, 231K)

>fucking with venomous snakes out in the woods

Surely this can only end well

It was quite comfy, we grilled marshmallows :)

Attached: DSC_0373.jpg (3840x2160, 3.46M)

He's been doing this since childhood, I'm never worried, plus he calmed it down for about 10 min before even attempting to touch it. You're right though, which is why i've been trying to find some antivenom or something in case of emergency

Yes. Sarek national park in Sweden.
I think many places like that have restrictions or are protected. Maybe Alaska, Norway, Patagonia or something have similar places where one can live.

Just remember that CroFab antivenom is really expensive and you need a lot of it. Copperheads are not that dangerous though.

Attached: DBEAC5B3-B7A3-44AB-893D-E616F906B96D.jpg (416x514, 47K)

I haven't gone anywhere south of ventura county really, Malibu canyon used to be nice before the fire

I like that, real deep. Im a fucking loner and i just cant help but do things like hiking by myself. I’ve been like for so long all my life and I’m never gonna change that. Normie shit like bars is as far I’ll go but since i moved I’ve made a few friends but I don’t trust anyone too well either. Im just gonna keep it that way. . I got a long weekend ahead of me and Im taking the opportunity to see all these hikes. Its gonna be great, i like being around nature. There’s nothing like it, its so simple. Its a captivating experience just taking the whole environment in and feeling the breeze.

>
take a look at them clownshoes

That sounds fantastic, user. Hope you have an amazing time :)

Another cool place to go in so cal for a day or two is Santa Cruz island, you can hike the island and have them bring out a kayak to paddle through some of the sea caves

Attached: Screenshot_20190522-151210_Instagram.jpg (1080x803, 381K)

Pictures of a lake nearby in spring and then in fall. Really great hike out there and it’s a beautiful spot to bring a little picnic to.

Attached: F8FD4865-8480-4187-9732-BC02BDE0DC0C.jpg (2048x2042, 739K)

i was in Glacier nat'l park last week, its so beautiful and has so many great hikes.

but i was with 2 relatives, one is overweight and one is obese... so i didn't get to hike as much as i wanted to. we did the 4.5 mile hike up & back around Avalanche creek, and they were both dying but i wasnt even winded... never hike with fat people

Attached: IMG_0036.jpg (640x854, 216K)

Thank god my family is in shape

>Mother is obese so she can't hike for more than a minute
>Father rants about politics like a crackhead whenever we go out
I just want a nice wholesome family hike

its such a burden. and i would've hiked more on my own but its grizzly country

>tfw me and my dad hiked 70 miles in Glacier national park last year
Feels good having a fit family