Tfw can’t even OHP lmao1pl8

>Tfw can’t even OHP lmao1pl8

Attached: 1740FB50-05D1-4F9C-AB3A-2ECC2EC6BAF6.jpg (640x480, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sabGsTWFZfs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What does that even mean

at least you're not BARELY OHP 25kg
at least im new to barbell ohp haha

I did 70kilos for 5 2days ago, FeelsOkayMan

stop wasting your time with barbell OHP, absolute garbage tier exercise, do these instead for big gains

Attached: Supported+Standing+One-Arm+Dumbbell+Shoulder+Press.png (323x320, 78K)

Right there with you, OHP is hard when done correctly. 90 lbs 4x4 is challenging for me

You can do it man. I was stuck at 50kg for years. I would deload, work my way back up, and every time I got to the 50kg mark it's like the fucking bar was welded to the rack. Check your form and do shoulder accessories.

>tfw a month ago I could squat 145kg
>now I can't even squat 130
What the FUCK happened!?

How come Ohp is garbage and how come this is better?

because OHP is a full-body, often momentum dependent strength exercise. its just not that great for ant. shoulder growth or health for that matter. the shoulder is a tiny muscle inclined for bigger rep ranges.

Sheeeeet I can do 50 KG relatively EZ but 51.25 just won't happen, I'm convinced it's a mental block thing because there's no way I can 3x5 50 and not even manage 1x5 51.25.

overtraining

115 OHP is respectable

>often momentum dependent strength exercise
Oh, so it sucks because you do it wrong and use leg drive? Fuck off

Tfw 107.5kg ohp but my form seems still fucked up

No

Kg

Choo choo!

I ohp'd 1pl8 after a few weeks of oly lifting
but b4 that I was doing calisthenics and many handstand pushups w/ wall

Look how long it took this lad

be patient and keep working

youtube.com/watch?v=sabGsTWFZfs

Grip is too wide and bar travels behind head instead of straight above. Road to tearing rotator cuffs.

wait really? I thought with a grip any closer and it would be a military press

No way on fit, I'd say that's about average for normie gyms.

Nobody does OHP except for internet lifters, everybody else does 3x15 dumbell shit for shoulders.

>its just not that great for ant. shoulder growth
>posts the pic of an exercise that mainly uses anterior
Have you considered doing triples or singles?

got these boulders just from doing barbell ohp
maybe you should stop being a low test cunt who can barely progress in weights?

Attached: phot33.jpg (247x367, 12K)

>Using your legs is ohp
Oly lifters are unironically retarded

no way is 1 plate ohp average for normie gyms.

can confirm, the average guy at the gym can probably do 50 kg (110 lbs) for 1RM. The bigger guys are usually in the 50-60 kg for a few reps area

I finally hit 1 pl8 last week felt good. I remember pressing like 65 lbs not that long ago.

Love ohp.

So much to concentrate on. Staying braced. Not using legs. in rippetoes words be an uncompressable mass.

That initial push and final shoulder tug.

Granted I’m completely new and just repeating what I’ve read in the SS book.

But it does makes sense. Its a full body thing and i just love it.

So when do I stop stalling at 100lbs hehe, it’s not gonna be like this forever right guys

Post body

pathetic and frailpilled

How much you ohp big boy?

if you read this reply you're a cuck and your mom will die tonight

>tfw you used to rep lmao1pl8 3x5 comfortably, max rep 1.5pl8
>tfw you spent the the last 2 years traveling and neglecting your body
>tfw you let the gains goblin into your house

Was back at the gym again for the first time yesterday, all my lifts have gone to shit. I could barely squeeze out 5x50 kg and my delts were back to instant fatigue mode :( How do I get back, intermediary routine or start over with a basic 5x5?

Kek I am 6'0 155 and I can ohp a plate for 3 reps what's wrong with you??

Attached: tumblr_om4ybat9qh1uvv5gho2_500.jpg (500x371, 24K)

Just hit 1pl8 1RM last night. Felt good.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm in the same boat, hopefully I will improve in the future

whats your max ohp and height?
My ohp is really good, but im fat and tall so i dont know if i will have boulder shoulders or not when i lose this fat

when you guys first started OHP what weight did you start with??

Literally the bar? And it was hard

60 pounds. Then I stalled out around 100 pounds for years. I didn't make progress until I started adding extra sets. Now I'm at 140 pounds or so for 3x5. If you have shit genetics like me it can take literal years to progress on this lift.

I did my first OHP today and all I could do was the bar + 40 lbs for 3 sets of 5 reps

I tried 50 lbs and could barely do 3 reps it was crazy how much an extra 10 pounds added
so do you recommend doing 3x5 and then maybe for a fourth set trying to go up a little and keep progressing from there?

People care way too much about amount lifted

If you're lifting for general health and aesthetics then stop worry about how much weight you're pushing. Focus on form and how good you look in the mirror

Idgaf how much another guy OHPs

sure, 3x5

>can OHP lmao1pl8 for a 5x5
>can't even bench lmao1.5pl8 for a triple

Attached: 1531671002608.png (532x299, 48K)

Something tells me you're probably shit ROM momentum driving those OHP reps

3x5 is good but dont stop there. Do several sets past that with slightly lower intensity. (Take a little off the bar.) Ohp seems to respond to training volume. This is a good way to break through if your stuck on bench too.

sounds good I will try that.

for 5 reps yes

push press is a different exercise friendo

>dirty bulk
>could ohp 1pl8+ with ease for reps and 3-5 sets
>start cut
>lose a bunch of weight
>ohp took the biggest hit, can barely do 110 for reps
Shit sucks, can't weight to get on bulk again and see my lifts skyrocket

This reddit spacing and admiration of Rippetoe.. Please go back.

>can't weight

kek

heroin scrawn reporting in for the 115 1 rep

65 lbs 3x5. 4 months later I'm doing 115 for 5x5

I just checked and apparently I have always been doing push press rather than a clean OHP

Is there that much difference?

yes

anons, i've been starting to do OHPs again but both my shoulders are chronically unstable. last night my left one subluxated in my sleep after i did a 50kg attempt. 50 fucking kg.
i thought doing this shit would make it strongee but now i'm worried. is there some safer variation i can do? or should i just stay dyel OHP forever?

Attached: 1518710512157.png (500x549, 438K)

unless i reply to this post, of course.

progress slower idiot.

>50kg for 5 reps

feelsbad.

you sure bro?
im a total DYEL with tiny shoulders and I can do that for reps

t. 5'1

I ohp 1 plate for 8 strict, paused reps and I still feel like a weakling.

>No way on fit
lol is this a fucking joke?
Most people here are dyel af in both strength and aesthetics (including myself)
You ever notice that rarely anybody ever "posts body"

For reps I think

OHP is weird in that you get really diminishing returns. Going up to 95 is easy, up to 115 is not too difficult, but going up to a full plate is incredibly hard (at least for me).

I can but i have to bend my knees a bit before lifting upwards. Always wondered whether this is acceptable or cheating?

Got my OHP pr to 205 last week. gonna try to push it to 215 this week and full 2pl8 next week.

>enters thread
>calls exercise garbage and useless and tells people to never do it
>wasn't doing the right exercise to start with
>actually thought he was doing ohp when he was doing ohp

Retards like you are why people have such fucked up ideas about fitness

Keep going man it will come. Anecdotally my gains would come in intervals after being stuck at one weight for awhile

>bend my knees a bit before lifting upwards.
I'd call it cheating but that's up to you in the end

how much you ohp m8?

height/weight?

I too know this feel. I'm thinking of changing my routine and doing OHP 2x/wk on Monday and Friday to drive more progress. Has anybody done this and did it work? Currently running 531 for beginners

I wasn't even him, that was my only post and I genuinely wanted to know

5'10
keep coping dyel

80kg for 5 @82kg bw

I did OHP yesterday and my middle back hurts, did I almost visit snap city?

It worked for my bench press, I did exactly that and went up to 265lbs from 205 in 4 months. So give it a try.

Probably. I almost blacked out once doing OHP when I got it over my head. Luckily didn't but probably would've broken my neck.

I'm at 75 lbs 3x5 as of this Monday. On a linear progress program, next time I should be able to press 80 lbs 3x5. And I'll be closer to a pl8. Normies doing whatever meme routine the gym "PTs" stare at me for cleaning the bar then OHPing it. Lift for yourself, not others, but aim to become stronger every day.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-12-10-19-02-081_workout.progression.lite.png (1080x4843, 355K)

>tfw can't even ohp 100lbs
I've failed twice a week for 3 weeks straight

Attached: 1511818343892.png (808x805, 577K)

try doing arnold presses and lateral raises

I do incline lateral raises and front raises but I can only successfully do really low weights (5-10lb)
I've been working out for around 4 months now but my shoulders are still really weak for some reason