/sig/ self improvement genital

This thread endorses both physical and mental fitness in order to promote healthy living for everyone.

/sig/ Basics:
>YOU are 100% responsible for the way you experience life. Not your parents, not your surroundings, not your ex, not your bully, not your future spouse. YOU. Complete, sincere acceptance of this is the most fundamental step to bettering yourself, and it is by far the hardest thing you'll ever do.
>Work your way to becoming the best YOU you can be - one step at a time.
>Set realistic Goals and have a Plan. Use short-term Goals to keep yourself going.
>Learn helpful and effective daily/weekly/etc. routines, including mundane ones.
>Have a steady sleeping rhythm - one that works for you, so long as you keep to it. Get 6-11 hours of sleep. More Info: pastebin.com/h4CDDtKu (embed)
>Learn Mindfulnes Meditation. More Info: pastebin.com/0NMDEUNh (embed)
>Learn to be Brutally Honest with yourself. Stop being a slave to your Ego.
>Think critically.
>If you need to put others down to feel good about yourself, you are putting yourself in a position where you are dependent on the people you look down on.
>Focus on the essentials. If you try to do everything at once, you’ll burnout.

Resources:
>newarcitea.neocities.org/ - Overall Guide
>thework.com/ - "Simple" Mental Health self-help resource. You get out what you put in.

Discord:
discord.gg/YJQQSQf *Everyone* is welcome

Books:
>s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=22578279902195591270 - Mortimer J. Adler, Charles Van Doren - How to Read a Book
>s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=01374239493824328035 - Sam Harris - Waking Up
>misc.equanimity.info/downloads/mindfulness_in_plain_english.pdf - Henepola Gunaratana - Mindfulness in Plain English
>s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=93057425205857796418 - Dale Carnegie - How to Win Friends and Influence People
>Tsultrim Allione - Feeding your Demons

previous thread

Attached: self_improvement_genital.jpg (1763x2034, 952K)

Attached: SIG_Guide.png (1123x1204, 84K)

Attached: Guide_to_making_it.png (1420x1302, 231K)

we're all gonna make it, bros

Attached: 1560214200184.jpg (438x428, 20K)

Attached: 1543914847898.png (1394x2048, 2.13M)

Attached: 1531589038305.jpg (2560x1440, 552K)

Ok guys, what are you up to?
What is bothering you?
What suceess do you had lately?
What do you want improve in yourself?

Attached: 1539682343916.jpg (1561x772, 353K)

What do you do when the suicidal thought start to come back?
I'm starting to feel it again, and I'm afraid they're back stronger.

Attached: 1560281047043.jpg (2582x1412, 564K)

why are they there in the first place? what happened

Firefighter hopeful user here.

Passed the physical exam, made a 97 on my civil service test, and I've got my initial interview in a couple weeks.

Fuck yea, we're gonna make it.

>Ok guys, what are you up to?
drinking coffee with creatine
>What is bothering you?
drug test for a new job tomorrow, i quit smoking weed about three weeks ago but i was a daily smoker so im almost guaranteed to piss hot. i told them all this during the job interview so im hoping they're willing to give me a pass on it and maybe retest in a couple of weeks but i dont know.
>What suceess do you had lately?
lots of stress and anxiety lately but meditation and mindfulness has helped me cope a lot better than i would have previously. even if the job falls through because of the drug test, i know ill be okay and other opportunities will come along soon. plus lifting and cardio are still going strong. this is easily the longest i've EVER stuck with an exercise routine and it feels good.
>What do you want improve in yourself?
get better at recognising at why i feel a certain way. yesterday i was really agitated for seemingly no reason. im guessing it's stress about the job and other stuff but its hard to say for sure.

>actually includes /sig/ in the subject
based op

Attached: 1559590443065.jpg (1041x1041, 191K)

if you are genuinely suicidal, there is no easy answer, but changing your environment, even temporarily, might help. leave your room, walk through the city aimlessly with some tunes blasting through your skull, buy some bread and feed it to the ducks at the local park, anything to get you out of the 4 walls of your room where your mind will go crazy.

What kind of job do you have? Are you American?

warehouse job, driving a forklift. i'm in australia

I've been doing couch to 5k every other day, ran for the first time in like 2 years a couple months ago, mile time was 10 minutes. Used to be just over 5 back in high school.

My bench is the highest it's ever been for reps, 210 5x8. I can do 8 chin-ups and 20 dips (don't have weight belt for dips). I look better than I ever have. But I can't do a lot of exercises because 1) homegym and 2) herniated disc. Have just barely gotten back into OHP, Squat, and diddly after PT gave me the ok, but still scared I'll wreck my shit.

It's an odd feel. I've got a FWB after being a virgin for 25 years, I look better than I ever have, I haven't lost weight (215lbs 20% bf, I think the Creatine is preventing weight loss) but have clearly built some muscle over the past few months of consistent workouts.

I'm in an odd place. Some good stuff, some bad. I think I might have some symptoms of depression: I sleep a ton, I have a hard time doing stuff like cleaning my room, I like to be alone a lot. But when I'm around people I'm very happy and sociable, so I don't know.

Weird shit, anons. Anyway thanks for reading my blog, good luck to you all.

Studying for upcoming tech interviews, hoping to land a job in SF so I can save up for the farm my gf and I want to live on and raise a big family

I’m struggling with paranoia and a sudden onset of anxiety and insecurity. I think the stress of finding a new job has hit peak levels and it’s manifested in the worst parts of me coming out. I’ve taken up meditation a few days ago and try to meditate at least 40 minutes a day while on the subway.

Looking at my body, I’ve realized I look like absolute shit. Maybe it’s the insecurity again, but I look like a pasty dough boy even though I’ve been cutting. My gf and friends have all said I look great, but nothing changes from what I see in the mirror.

I have strong fears of being low test, I have no chest/back hair, only a moustache as facial hair, and a very oval like face. My hips are also pretty wide. I look very soft in the mirror, but it could be from my recently shitty diet and creatine. I have an amazing sex drive, high energy, and great motivation though. I’m 23 but most people say I look around 16 or 18, meanwhile other guys my age have a full beard and other features making them look much older. I also have really bad acne.

Well, that was a load off my chest. I feel better writing everything out now. If any user knows what low test is like, please fee free to share. Is the sex drive/energy/motivation a sign I might be ok?

been reading up about how to pass and it turns out most detox methods are bullshit (shocking!). best i can do is not exercise for 24 hours beforehand, drink a bunch of water and use creatine to slightly cover up the fact that its diluted. and give a midstream sample, not start or finish. any other tips? i doubt there's much more i can do but you never know

Attached: 1550441752578.jpg (539x751, 33K)

Currently finishing cooking dinner, getting ready to end the day with meditation and shower.
>What is bothering you?
I left my gf of 6 years on sunday. Still riding the emotional waves
Finished my last college exams, left a prolonged unhappy relationship and had a date with my colleague.
Physical appearance and strenght, self confidence and my general image

Just get yourself some test and pin it in your ass

Maybe some dbol too
And nofap

Waiting for your respond u beta male

I'm 22 and jobless after those cunts fired me when i got injured and I couldn't sue them for shit.
My routine has been going to gym and then back home.
I feel like my mind is starting that process of coping with suicide, where you don't even feel anxiety anymore when thinking about death.
I have massive body dismorphia problems for being underweight most of my life and social isolation is killing me.

Back when I was 17/18 I had serious suicidal thoughts but managed to keep them in check, but now they are coming back.
I feel absolutely useless, not studying, not having a car, not having a job, limping like a loser.
I'm trying my best, and haven't cried at least one solid year, but now those thoughts are coming back.

What do you need car for u stupid ignorant

To burn gas and feed money to corporations

You have two feet dont you

Use bus you depressed useless piece of shit

And get urself some part time easy job

I still can't walk long distances because of my injury.

What injury you have son?

my dick exploded from running

I'd rather not juice until I hit my natty limit, if steroids would help repair my disc I'd do them for sure, but they can't, so.
Already on nofap

Waiting for your respond u theta male

I tore the posterior cross ligaments on my right knee and had a part rupture of the lateral one.
My leg is bending backwards now. I'm going to the gym to see if I can get some muscle on my thighs and calves to help with that.
For now any wrong step can permanently fuck up my leg.

What the actual fuck do I do when bored. I have a particular job which means I'm at home for very long periods at a time (not doing work during this period).... I just end up drinking/playing video games and stuff cause I have literally fuck all to do during the day.

This is also made worse because I live in the middle of butt fuck nowhere, where it rains 364 days a year and its cold and miserable.

I get that first thing to do would be to make friends, or move somewhere else. But for right now, how do I fill in my day. When I don't drink I end up awake literally all night cause I can't go to sleep... Having not wasted enough energy during the day.

Do you have enough food? Probably yes

You dont need anything else

Yes my respond is here

You literally just cry on thailand tranny forum and dont want to pin?
You never even gonna reach yur natty limit anyway with your victim complex bro just try small cycle of test and see what happens

dyel?

>victim complex
lol uwotm8? I have no idea where you got that from. I don't know why you're trying to antagonize people in the fucking Self-Improvement General, but I guess if it makes you feel good about yourself them whatever.

Anyway please learn to read and write english, thanks.

I finally found some joy in lifting again, after almost a year feeling like a chore. I think it somehow correlate to me not giving a shit about being social at the time.
Cant figure out what the best choice is, to be most by myself and feel better inside, or to socialize and be half drained constantly. Im good with people but it taxes me a lot.
Also, i have given up believing any girl can find interest in me other than friends. It releases some kind of preassure and i can just accept being independant.
I like being alone, going to the movies alone, making a nice dinner for myself and going for walks alone. Im not sure wether my new way is leading somewhere bad though. Im afraid it will lead to being isolated and completely alone, even though im always told that its okay to be yourself

Attached: dress-for-the-job-you-want-not-the-iob-vou-38004830.png (500x577, 157K)

Yeah as if posting in self help thread on tranny forum makes me feel better lmfao

Spending time in this thread to deliver my TRUTH to people that they need to hear

.. In this western soft human society nobody tells u the truth

eveyr forum is a tranny forum these days

Currently squatting. Annoyed at life in general.
>What is bothering you?
Currently failing all of my a level exams. They’re sapping my will to live, which translates to shitty gym sessions. I’m tired all the time. I haven’t been able to increase my bench by more than 1.25kg in over a month
None that I can really think of, which makes me sadder than it probably should.
Intelligence, work ethic, sleep schedule, looks, I want a fucking girl to actually respond to my advances instead of just giving me half arsed excuses whenever I ask them to do something. Fuck, I dunno user. I just want to be content, I guess.

Then ducking kill yourself you fucking beta victim

Based phoneposter shitting up the sig

Yes im redpilled and based

Thanks

>When I don't drink I end up awake literally all night cause I can't go to sleep... Having not wasted enough energy during the day.
Sounds more like alchohol withdrawal then not using energy. Try quitting fully, no drinks for a full month, and seeing if things improve. Also remember that despite the common wisdom that it helps you sleep the reality is that even a small amount of alchohol can fuck with your rem sleep and makes dreams less likely.

Fake piss

Does anyone have the pic on
How to read a book

ty

Who here has taken the /coldshower/ pill?
i lost 1 kilo of fat solely trough the use of cold water therapy.

Attached: Todoslosbarcoses.jpg (1280x720, 27K)

>"if no one from the opposing side is willing to have a beer with you, you're wrong and they're right"
>using other's perception of you as a litmus test for your moral/political beliefs.
This is quite frankly the dumbest fucking thing I've read that has been touted as advice.

Veins started bulging for the first time while curling.

Is it gay to start being attracted to myself?

Any dyspraxia man in?
I recently got diagnosed and it's answered so many questions about my life.
I feel like the physical struggles I've always had have played a part in the mental health problems I have today.
I've never been able to join in in sports, I'm weak as fuck, working out is really difficult for me especially free weights, form is really hard for me to understand because I have little control over my body, I struggle with focusing on more than one thing at once, I can't get up in the morning, fiddly things like shirt buttons/zippers/shoelaces and frustratingly difficult and make my hands shake as if I've got Parkinson's.
I'm gonna try and push thru it this summer though. I've been compared to a starving African child since I was a kid, I want to be able to look in the mirror in a few months and be able to be proud of some noticeable progress for the first time in my life.
I want to work on my anxiety as well because it's holding me back socially but I don't know how. I can't talk to girls at all even though I'm good looking enough to pull decently well. I convince myself that all my friends hate me and push them away, if I keep letting my anxiety take over like that I'm gonna end up alone.

run smolov jr. while bulking trust me

HELP IM RUNNING OUT OF TIME
a large batch of pimples (no food or sleep changes) and what felt like a growing pain yesterday made me realize at 19 i'm still somewhat going through puberty.
What are the most important things to improve while i'm still developing? Like jaw growth and other stuff affected heavily by hormones.

Attached: 1523616823623.jpg (1920x1200, 458K)

See if you can't find a job that has you sitting down for long periods. Something like an office job. I know you're only 22, so an entry position for that may be hard to come by, but it's worth a shot. Sitting down probably sucks, but if it keeps you off your feet to let the injury heal, it's for the best.

no you didn't retard.
Cold showers are based tho

Starting University in September. Any tips on how to hit the ground running and make it in college life?
>social
>study
>girls
>etc.
All tips appreciated. I'm decently attractive and not a sperg but I tend to come off as quite cold/aloof when meeting new people.

Attached: How_to_read_a_book.png (1077x1915, 360K)

Wow you sound rude, I wouldn't have a beer with you, so therefore I'm right and you need to listen to me.

>social
join a club. There are a billion clubs and you don't really need to sign up or anything for most of them so there is no pressure to stay if it sucks. Intramural sports are shit for friends unless you already know your teammates or you win a bunch and tend to celebrate after.
>study
Find somebody more motivated than you and study with them. Motivation is contagious. Also use professor's office hours for anything you don't feel 100 percent on. If the professor is a dick don't bother, but many will walk you through things in greater detail and you'll end up understanding it much better
>girls
Parties are shit for picking up girls, and I went before the date rape epidemic where everybody is on guard all the damn time. I had a lot of success just talking to girls like they are people instead of hitting on them or trying to pick them up. I went to an engineering school with 9 guys for every girl but I still had no problems finding a date by simply engaging people and being available. Don't pursue, be pursued. Also don't ever catch oneitis. That will end your love life so quick and no human being in history is worth it.

bump

Anyone read of these? Recommendations? Or any that arnt on here?

Attached: SIG.png (960x720, 785K)

Early retirement extreme

Sleep 8+ hours for every type of gain and mewing is pretty good for your jaw. Besides these 2 points you should exercise. Pretty obvious stuff

Learn a new language for those brain gains

Career ff here. Need any advice?

This is just entry-level conservative shit.

self-improvement and discipline is right wing shit?

Meditations is good and not particularly right wing, though of course conservatives filter it through their lens. In that sense they could probably read anything and make it theirs.

Not sure about others though I give it that.

"Ego is the Enemy" sounds really good but I'm willing to bet it doesn't cover "bypassing", which is when you just become egoistic about not being egoistic. I'll want to read it though.

rich dad poor dad. it's baby's first finance

I lost all the fucking weight I've gained. I took forever to get from 145ish to 157 lbs, and then I stopped counting calories, started drinking coffee again, and went from eating ~1,100 cal for breakfast to having just a cup of coffee instead. Now I'm back at 150 lbs.
So fucking frustrating. I know it's entirely due to my own laziness, but I just want to gain some weight.
Right now, I'm a 6'2 lanklet-twink hybrid. I'm going to bed soon, but I absolutely will starting counting my calories again and stop drinking coffee when I wake up tomorrow.
I've long put off taking creatine, not only for the usual hair loss meme, but I've also heard from a good friend, a person who I trust and who has a great body, that you will lose all of your gains when you stop taking it, although I don't know if this has any validity. Anyone else have any experience with creatine that they can share with me? Inb4 oh you'll just lose all your hair anyways, both sides of my family balds quite favorably, so I probably have, at the very least, decent hair genes.
Sorry for the /blog, I'm just frustrated and sad and I want to gain weight so I can actually look semi decent.

Attached: 1558469241316.jpg (593x936, 105K)

I finally recovered from a bad breakup over a year ago, but I don’t have any close friends anymore. I have a lot of friends but none that I would consider close. I’ve never been able to get back to the tight knit group feeling that I had in high school. What do I do bros

Attached: FD69D1F2-CD29-4D11-A898-4188BDEF8203.jpg (672x671, 80K)

buy some of the mass gainer protein powder, the stuff with a crapload of a carbs in it.

or GOMAD

Attached: 1559261976869.jpg (966x1024, 226K)

>tfw for my entire life I've always been able to make people laugh
>elementary, middle, high school always the funny guy
>never resulted in really having friends, many acquaintances but not friends, no one ever even wanted to hang out
>go to college, pretty asocial but with the small number of people i know im funny with them and their friends
>post college at work also funny, always make people laugh with observational humor and responses to stuff
>still no friends, khv permavirgin at 27 even though also always able to make girls and female coworkers laugh too

really incredible

Sup bros, just asking for some advice here.
I realized I'm about to head down a not so pleasant path when it comes to drugs and alcohol, what's the best way to keep myself straight? Quitting cold turkey as of today, getting rid of my stash, etc. But how do I keep myself accountable?
Inb4 "just don't drink or do drugs pussy"

I'm trying to find a combat or martial arts related sport I can get into for general fitness, making friends, and a new interest.

I was thinking fencing or something similar, but I'm also open to something like jiu jitsu or whatever. Any recommendations?

Attached: mantis.jpg (255x198, 8K)

become a drug addict and alcoholic, hit rock bottom, do a bunch of illegal/immoral shit then turn 30 and decide you're sick of being a piece of shit

worked for me breh

Attached: 1558904018710.jpg (1073x983, 178K)

Thanks brodie

One user posted a video about channeling sexual energy a few threads ago. Maybe a week? It had a long-haired blond guy on a beach explaining a breathing technique to help channel sexual energy. I didn’t save it if any anons know the one please post it

Holy shit, an on-topic post. What am I to do with this?
>I lost all the fucking weight I've gained. I took forever to get from 145ish to 157 lbs, and then I stopped counting calories, started drinking coffee again, and went from eating ~1,100 cal for breakfast to having just a cup of coffee instead. Now I'm back at 150 lbs.

There's nothing wrong with coffee, you stupid memelord. Drink more milk, and try to pre-make your breakfast the night before if a lack of time in the morning is an issue. And drink milk and eat food at other meals.

>you will lose all of your gains when you stop taking [creatine], although I don't know if this has any validity.

To the extent that creatine causes you to retain water, this will stop when you stop taking creatine. Your muscle will not magically vanish and you're friend is a tard. Performance in weightlifting workouts might suffer SLIGHTLY when stopping creatine, for the same reasons it would suffer if you don't eat any food for a long period before going to the gym. You just won't have quite the same level of chemical energy available to you. The acute difference will be pretty minimal though.

Rugby.

Kill yourselves for reps. Off topic cancer.

>4chanX
>Name filter
lmfao

Attached: 1559808161336.jpg (358x373, 42K)

What do you recommend?

have you done your fifteen minutes of dilation yet bros?

I just realized one of my abs line disappeared and its driving me nuts. It's most noticeable when I bend over and there's some kind of subcutanous fat slightly below the belly button region.
The thing is, I can't pinpoint what's been causing this. I've still being working out regularly, eating right and I have a tight sleep schedule. Only thing I can think of is me going out more w/ friends and have a beer, or eating too much bread.

Am I fine using a wooden stick instead of a barbell, just as a balancing tool? They're of comparable size.

>cold shower since 3 years, every day
I dond think it helped me with losing fat.
But i wasn't sick since 3 years, not even a cold, nothing. Well im not only cold showering, OMAD, eating what i think healthy and 5 days a week training.

I take cold showers after working out, makes you feel really relaxed afterwards.

your doctor should have provided you with proper dilation equipment

This thread is supposed to be positive >:(

How do I get over always assuming the worst with relationship / dating I'm currently seeing this girl and we've been on 4 dates now and even fucked but I can't help but feel like something is going to go wrong at any moment. The previous girls I've been with have ghost dumped or used me as a dick appointment so that's given me trust issues when it comes to dating. She's a nurse at a old folks home and it's usually very busy when at work so I understand that she can't always reply but I feel like when I'm putting in more effort than she is when trying to have something that will last, she lives an hour away but I'm always willing to drive just to see her for lunch before her shift and our recently plans coming over have fallen through twice now. Am I just being retarded here?

I am not sure how I didn't found taht one, but there was a new /sig/ shortly before this one.
let's not split it up in two different threads, lets migrate to the other one since it is the older one.

Attached: 1529695356378.jpg (1692x1252, 111K)

I've been taking one first thing every morning for the past couple months. Helps me wake up, obviously.

How do I into meditation.
I focus on my breathing and don't think about anything else, but my brain must have ADHD or something because that shit bores me in less than a minute. Am I allowed to think about stuff when I meditate?

If you're still here, do you have any tips that might not be obvious for the face to face interviews? About how many interviews do you think I'd be looking at before a decision is made?

I heard I did pretty good on the written exam compared to the average of everyone else, but I know I definitely didn't complete the physical time very quick, though I still passed and they said it was a non-graded pass/fail, so I guess that's over with.

Bump

>Am I allowed to think about stuff when I meditate
No, you are supposed to let the thoughts go and not focus on them.
Look up "Do nothing" meditation technique, it is way better and easier for beginners.

Disregard nonsense about thinking about nothing
Focus on a single thought to work on single point focus which is what meditation is supposed to train

Where to meet cute, wholesome gf material girls? I'm a chad, not autistic, but my social life suffered after a period of depression and my life has changed since so I need to go about building a social life in a new way (not hanging around with the crowd I used to wait tables with). My only social hobby is BJJ right now but I'd prefer to keep that separate from dating. Any help is appreciated

what's the problem with long hair if its well treated, cut and washed regularly?

Sorry I fucked up big time.
I am not sure how I didn't found that one, but there was a new /sig/ shortly before this one.
let's not split it up in two different threads, lets migrate to the other one since it is the older one.

Attached: person_you_could_have_become.jpg (1920x1948, 658K)

Based

How can someone be happy with a life they hate? I'm working towards my goals (which I acknowledge are more likely to not happen than to actually happen), but I'm years away from getting where I need to be and I have nothing in my life to bring me any joy. I hate where I live, but I can't afford to move. I hate my job, but there aren't any others in this small town. I hate the people around me, but I can't go out and meet people who are any better than the ones I'm around. I have no passions. I've grown to hate my hobby due to the money it takes to keep up with it, but nothing else interests me. Even my self-improvement stuff feels like a pointless waste of time. I'm not suicidal, but part of me wants to die. Just be done with it all.

* that I hate instead of they hate

Never thought about noting down my thoughts after meditation. When I first got into meditation my thoughts were probably a lot darker and more negative in general compared to now. I wonder where I'll be in another 5 years...

taking online classes and trying to get my mind right

>What is bothering you?
I'm 25 and still lost in life. I'm not sure what I want to do once I'm done with school. Also, I'm so fucking lonely. I've never ha a gf and its fucking with me so much that I pretty much get feels for any woman that shows me a tiniest amount of attention

Been going to the gym. Its also been like 8 months since I've jerked off and its been a full month since I've watch porn

I just want a better job and also find a woman that loves me

Attached: ahhhhh.jpg (613x503, 29K)

here. Thanks for the info! I should've added that I didn't stop coffee because of duh jews or something stupid like that, I stopped drinking it because it's an appetite suppressant (my main reason) and for its laxative-esque qualities (I don't think it's formally consider to be a laxative, but it does make you have to go)

Not much, just trying to make it through each day.

>What is bothering you?

The main thing right now is my finances. I can't seem to get to a place where I can start getting them in order.

>What success do you had lately?

Nothing of note really.

>What do you want to improve in yourself?

Once again, my finances. I can't even begin to build the life I want until I get them in order, but at this rate it will take at least 5 years, which really sucks.