Is this a realistic medieval body?

Is this a realistic medieval body?

Attached: 5F088D1A-C254-4BB7-ABA6-8557302973D6.jpg (480x480, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SOdC3PQ8wPA
youtu.be/jQQRe3NK_C8
youtube.com/watch?v=WEOeZTV9wiA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: 89EAB6CA-DDEB-4429-BA87-E5EFE8B3E212.jpg (1280x738, 146K)

>a Saxon in the 9th century shaves his body
What do You think?

Maybe. They had some pretty incredible feats of strength, e.g. bows with 200 lb draw. They also did a bunch of weird shit like drink raw cow blood every day for "strength" even though they didn't know what test was.

He's probably more lean than they would have been, and his pecs are way more developed than anyone would have cared to have back then.

Oh, looks like it's time to be a viking warrior (tm) hee hee
>waxes entire upper body
>spends 6 days a week in gym with celebrity air squat trainer
>has studio pay for nutritionist to pre-pack him kale shakes and calculate his macros

I'm a warrior! tee hee!

Source that they drank cow blood?

200lbs bows? Fuck me, thats how much a crossbow has.

is season 3 worth watching?
watched 1 and 2 a while ago but haven't gotten around to 3 yet

>people pin for this
yikes...

the longbows i believe were around 165lbs of force
they had to go through serious armor back in the day
its absolutely insane when you consider that they had to fire multiple times and be somewhat accurate with said bow

you should go work out more instead of being jealous

yeah its p good still
just gotta stop thinking and its a great show

No he should be hairier and with more bodyfat
Backs and arms would definitely be the most developed

I believe crossbows of the day had 1000 lbish draws with the short limbs. Hence the means of cocking it. And no.

Attached: received_2335681126674768.jpg (720x949, 55K)

you actually like to watch this shit, faggot? he looks more like a gay stripper than a fucking viking

You would know, gay boy

>I AM UTHRED SON OF UTHRED

EEUEYEUYAUAYUAAAAAAEEEEEEEEE

Realistic for an aristocratic warrior who spends all day training and has a diet consisting of grassfed beef from his estates, maybe. Add some scars and body hair, a bent nose and some cauliflower ear and you'll be pretty close to what a knight or other professional warrior class throughout history would have looked like

For a knight. Peasants would be Auschwitz mode or skinny fat.

Kek

who else /medievalist/ on this board?

I always loved the era because it blends the beauty of art with raw strength and martial prowess so evenly.

My fitness goal is to have a timeless physique that could've easily belonged to a 15th century knight, an old norse farmer or a Roman legionare.

Attached: Screenshot_20190605_103304.jpg (1080x891, 469K)

Medieval guys all where manlets under 160 cm. So no

This guy gets it

I also love it, but we always consider that era from an elitist point of view.
in reality, you will be a fucking pleb and your entire life will be based on trying to get food alone.

Can you provide a source for the bow strength? That’s unbelievably strong especially for people at the time. Especially during active warfare.

youtu.be/SOdC3PQ8wPA
The entire channel is beyond great; if you are into that subject.
Except the next video in the series, but I recognize that is just because as a Jow Forums Midwesterner, listening to bongs describe firearms represents critical cringe.

That's waaay too high, even for crank bows. You are getting into ballista range there.

Forgot; 1000 pound feet of muzzle energy is certainly believable though.

To say that the peasants of that era had a shit life might be a faulty statement. We have the highest standard of living now than ever before and we are also more depressed than ever. The medieval peasant was probably happy with a warm hearth and a roof over his head. Archeological evidance also show that they enjoyed pretty good health.

this guy natty or juice?

See
Yeah, it is a stupid strong draw
Remember though these were literal survival farmers who had a requirement to train often and failure to do either could result in death or the rape of your family and the burning of your house.
Many archeological sources claim that they can identify the skeletons of "professional" classical archers by the deformation of their skeleton.

Hear, hear!
Ancient (bronze age) really gets my blood flowing, but there is a complexity to the medieval ages that is just stupefying on a diplomatic front. Glad to see another Jow Forumsomrade that values Jow Forumsness.
Or are you a /his/fag?

This is why I pray for TEOTWAWKI, daily.
Forget your bread and circuses. I want adrenaline and silence.

Speak for yourself, I'm copping that inbred freak kept in the basement of a low level duke life

Me
But I'm not such a nerd, I study that shit

actually chests would have been quite developed, a lot of manual labour and sword fighting developed the pectorals.

it wasn't monty python tier and conditions didn't really get horrific until the early modern and industrial age, but at the same time it could be extremely tough. Intestinal parasites were rife, blindness was common, leprosy was an ever present threat and nearly a third of all births ended with the child's death, with infancy also being a very dangerous time. Manual labour was so hard that it rendered most people immobile in their older years since the cartilage was worn away, this was true for male nobility as well.

Man, for some reason I’ve always hated european history. The black death and knights are pretty cool but the politics, the infrastructure, and the arts are all just awful to learn about up until like the 17th century. Maybe it was just because i had too many shitty classes about it.

The Roman Empire up until Constantinople, meso-America, hinduism are pretty great though. Shame there’s not more information on the Americas before the 16th century

Post timeless physique goal bod

Post body.

Like geralt but with bigger pecs and quads. Parhaps 1-2% more bf.

Attached: 5307497-7916985549-tumbl.jpg (500x664, 91K)

Based

Up his ass

Tbf, the Vikings were known for shaving and washing frequently (relative to the time) to the chagrin of Saxons who felt it was strange to do so.

Longbows would not go through armor unless the armor was poorly made. Longbows were a suppression weapon that relied on massive, constant hails of arrows. Additionally, contrary to popular thinking, the arrows were fired more or less straight on, not in a high arc. There would be so many arrows that it would be hard to look forward without them finding your visor's eyeslits or vulnerable open areas elsewhere. Also horses would be injured where they lacked barding.

>tfw no young and austere prince to fight and die for

This is truly the worst timeline.

Attached: 53256456475.png (235x215, 9K)

>2019
>he doesn't lift to 12th century chanson de gestes

youtu.be/jQQRe3NK_C8

vikings were known for their beauty and many tools for taking care of themselves being kept in their graves or whatever thats called in english.

you really have no clue about asatru if you believe that vikings went into battle all dirty and smelly when theyre marching into battle without fear or remorse to see reunite with the fallen in valhall.

they sent their fallen vikings belongings like grooming tools, accessories and other essential things as a viking like sword & shield to keep fighting day in, day out to be risen to feast and repeat its cycle for all eternity or once ragnarök comes

Attached: F4D.jpg (477x807, 119K)

>in reality, you will be a fucking pleb and your entire life will be based on trying to get food alone.
I hate this "muh dark ages" meme. It's literally nothing but a post modern kike trick to make you believe that our era is so much more superior to anything that came before us. In reality, peasants had it pretty good. They lived in tight communities, helped each other, worked together, and food were only scarce during famines or war time. Peasants weren't retarded, they obviously stock up on food and always planned ahead of seasons.

couldnt have said it better myself, here in sweden we're less imprisoned by society if we live in the outskirts of the city and becoming more noticable the more north youre living.

all neighbors taking care of eachother like family, be it illegal or not, nobody bats an eye and does whats best for the community.

todays society is just breeding livestock with a prisoners mentality being a trending slave and falling way below the foodchain if injury or ilness would occur.

whos still even trying to fool themselves when people inject artificial stimulation of intimacy from stuff like ASMR or feeling a sensation of escape and liberation from the Bushcrafting community ?

meanwhile swedish citizen are becoming "preppers" for civil war (no joke, look it up)

Attached: cm3.jpg (1280x720, 45K)

>falling for the "durr they go to cold place in winter!!" meme
They both invaded in other seasons, but for different reasons remained in Russia until winter and suffered because of it.
Let me guess, you also think they were both extremely short angry men? Napoléon was about average height at the time, and Hitler was taller than Stalin and Churchill. How often are those called angry little men ?

Attached: Tell them how I hope they shine.png (640x444, 241K)

This is what vikings looked going into battle, anything else is a meme.
>b-but they knew the norns had already decided when they would die, so they could do whatever they wanted without fear!!
That was the mindset, but why openly accept death when you could protect yourself reasonably (like they did)?

Attached: 1512563259579.jpg (1920x2792, 846K)

massive siege crossies would go up as high as this one (tod is pretty much a crossbow expert i rlly recommend his channel)
youtube.com/watch?v=WEOeZTV9wiA

jokes on you i live in eastern europe that is my life already except i also lift and play vidya

is that some fucking aztec god