If you want to lose weight, eat less

If you want to lose weight, eat less.
>true

Keto says that you should up your fat and protein intake and nearly eliminate your carb intake, replacing something that contains 4 calories per gram with something that contains 9 calories per gram.
>true

So who is right? Keto means more fat = more calories = eating more.

Attached: drugs.png (200x321, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ernaehrungsdenkwerkstatt.de/fileadmin/user_upload/EDWText/TextElemente/Ernaehrungswissenschaft/Naehrstoffe/Saettigung_Lebensmittel_Satiety_Index.pdf
t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/hunger-the-definitive-guide
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You still have to count calories on keto retard

You're unlikely to reach a surplus without trying without carbs

>QTTDTOT

i thought keto was all lean meat not fat

>I'm literally retarded

I saw somewhere that you are supposed to eat bacon on keto

if you're on keto you can eat all the butter and bacon you want. try it. don't bother counting calories, the laws of thermodynamics don't apply to someone in ketosis

>the laws of thermodynamics don't apply to someone in ketosis

?

I want to think this is bait, but I literally had this conversation with my dad a few days ago.

Yes fat has more calories, but you'll naturally eat less of it because its more filling, eating 500 grams of carbs is a lot easier than eating 500 grams of protein and fat.

>fucking algebra
>how does that work
i hate you summer fucks

The thing is, fatty food is much more filling than things high on carbs.
So it's just that you usually are not able to eat the same amount of calories on keto as you are on carbs.

but 500g of carbs is approximately 2000 calories while 222.2g of fat is the same amount.

Is it really easier to eat 500g of carbs than 222g of fat?

Absolutely. Have you tried it?

no, i have not been convinced to try it (keto in general).

I dont think thats a fair comparison, as you'll eat fat combined with protein, 1000 grams of beef has 2500 calories, 260 grams of protein, and 150 grams of fat.

500 grams of potato chips has 2600 calories, 35 gram protein, 250 grams of carbs, and 175 grams of fat.

>fatty food is much more filling than things high on carbs.
Actually not. Protein is satiating, but fat isn't. Some 'high-carb' foods are actually pretty filling.

ernaehrungsdenkwerkstatt.de/fileadmin/user_upload/EDWText/TextElemente/Ernaehrungswissenschaft/Naehrstoffe/Saettigung_Lebensmittel_Satiety_Index.pdf

t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/hunger-the-definitive-guide

Depends on the carbs. Unsweetened popcorn or boiled potatoes will be difficult to eat 2,000 calories worth of in one sitting. Sweetened breakfast cereal, candy, etc. will be much easier.

Also, fat is very difficult to eat without a carrier. Almost nobody will eat a slab of butter, drink shots of olive oil, etc. It is usually combined with protein or carbs.

people say you feel like shit during ketosis so i don't think it's just about hunger

OP here.

Still not convinced that keto is effective or makes any sense at all.

>"I want evidence"
>shows evidence
>"nah"