Smoke a pack a day

>smoke a pack a day
>trying to break PR's in lifting and cardio
>starting to notice my breathingn becoming a limiting factor

how do you guys get around this? I'm not going to quit smoking so miss me with that NPC shit, but i'm looking for some good recs for a work around

Attached: download (3).jpg (225x225, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2865193/?_escaped_fragment_=po=16.0714
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What do you even want to hear you stupid faggot?
That everythings going to be alright?
That youre going to magically start getting better?
No, youre gonna live being mediocre because youre making a personal choice to continue something thats impacting your progress
And then youre gonna die from health complications.
Stop posting stupid shit you already know the answer to in the back of your head, but arent man enough to accept yet.

Attached: 1558534166507.jpg (640x736, 42K)

>He says as Smokers are the biggest fucking NPCs on the planet
Lmao

You can just hyperventilate a little before a PR to get enough oxygen for the lift, but for cardio it's gonna be a beast. You'll need to do constant, intense VO2 training runs to get your lungs to play along with processing more oxygen.

Problem is, studies show that you can only increase your lungs to about 10-15% higher than their baseline function with regular training, and smoking cigarettes at that rate decreases lung function by about 10-20% off the bat, so you're fighting just to get your lungs back up to where other people start. You can train your legs and lactic threshold up a lot to maybe compensate a little bit, but ultimately smoking is a pretty major hurdle for any kind of cardio.

I researched a fuckton to see if I could maybe still have a smoke or two a day and still break a 21 minute 5k, but the lung efficiency studies are pretty clear that you can't brute force it. Sorry, bro.

Attached: 1559226375954.jpg (472x482, 26K)

You could smoke less. Smoke that pack over the course of two days.
Whatever the case, it's obvious that the smoking is holding you back, so that is what needs to be addressed.

wear like 8 patches instead of smoking dumb dumb

ignores millions of old people living till their 90's and above who smoke like sailors

how about you stop being a massive bitch and just work through it

Reduced and intermittent smoking barely impacts the overall negative impact of smoking. The presence of harmful compounds in your body is will hurt you, and the amount you put in doesn't impact it that much.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2865193/?_escaped_fragment_=po=16.0714

>Light and intermittent smoking carry nearly the same risk for cardiovascular disease as daily smoking (28, 29). The dose response relationship between tobacco exposure and cardiovascular mortality is highly non-linear (29). An analysis of the dose response relationship based on combined data of passive smoking, particulate matter from air pollution, and active light and heavy smoking indicates that low levels of tobacco exposure as seen in light smoking (4–7 cig/day) has about 70% of the effect of heavy smoking (≥ 23 cig/day) (29). In addition, the risk of ischemic heart disease in light smoking men and women ages 35–39 who consume 1–4 cig/day is nearly three times that of a nonsmoker (Table 1) (28). Adult women who consume approximately 3–5 cig/day have a relative risk of 2.14 for myocardial infarction compared to nonsmokers (42). Adult men who consume 6–9 cig/day also have a relative risk of 2.10 for myocardial infarction compared to nonsmokers (42).

>Among men age 47–55 years who smoke 1–4 cig/day, the prevalence of a major cardiac event over a 12-year period is 11%, compared to 3.7% in nonsmoking men (43). The risk of death from aortic aneurysm is nearly three times greater in light smokers than in nonsmoking men and women (27). Overall, occasional smoking among men is associated with an increase risk of cardiovascular mortality (RR: 1.5, 95% CI 1.0–2.3) compared to nonsmoking men (31).

Attached: 1551770425759.jpg (961x595, 68K)

Not smoking a couple days before a max should already make a big difference

>How do I avoid this unavoidable effect
OP you're retarded

the fuck am i supposed to do that?

Outliers don't refute trends, and those millions of old people would have better overall quality of life if they didn't smoke.

I fucking love smoking dude, but there aren't many arguments to make for it besides the slight test boost and potentially delaying Parkinson's.

Attached: 1559421788552.png (500x303, 66K)

>dude just throw scientific research in the trash, it didnt kill EVERYONE!

Nicorete is actually GOAT for lifting.
Jaw gains, keeps your mouth from getting dry and reminds me to focus on breath control, all with a hit of minty fresh nicotine.

make the switch to snus my man, shit doesnt cause any harm to mouth or lungs and is just comfy as all fuck

honestly bruhs if you aint packing a lip of this while lifting basically your a faggot

Attached: 9914373C-71E9-4751-BC90-8EF8BBD792E0.jpg (1000x1000, 107K)

This man is going to make it

What is snus my good fitbro?

quit smoking and switch to juul for about a month, then switch to dip for about a month, then cold turkey.

I never thought I could give it up, but I barely needed willpower using this method.

lip tobacco but usually in a small pouch so theres no shit on your teeth. the critical thing about snus is that the tobacco is pasteurized which almost completely removes the risk of mouth cancer that you typically see with chew

Very interesting thank you. I will look into this more.

american snus is shit, if your gonna try it get the real stuff imported from sweden

>I'm not going to quit smoking so miss me with that NPC shit

actual fucking retard. why even make this thread

> I'm not -wheeze- going to -wheeze- quit smoking -coughs heavily- so miss me with that -hack- shit -wheeze-
Wtf do you want me to tell you? You cant breathe cause of all the tar stuck in your lungs but you want to be able to breathe? Is your iq the amount in a pack of Marlboros? Listen here nicotine junky, the only way you'll be able to breathe better is to stop smoking, now go e a retard somewhere else because thats not the answer you want to hear.

Suck nut until sucked of course

Formerly Chuck's.

>I'm not going to quit smoking so miss me with that NPC shit

this is a bait thread. everyone who responds is mentally retarded, myself included.

Attached: shitty.jpg (720x604, 46K)

Nicotine patches or chewing gum or chewing tobacco or snus, get creative nigger.
If you can't do it just train more frequently while keeping smoking you'd still manage to increase.

You admit yourself its impacting your breathing dumbfuck

ive seen people smoke a cig and then run 6 miles with a full pack on.

There are also people who attempt suicide and live, that doesn't make suicide healthy

Attached: NaxaltFallacy.jpg (500x441, 37K)

>intentionally limiting yourself
>how do you get around limiting yourself?
>don’t tell me to stop limiting myself though

Just keep smoking. The world doesn’t need you.

Millions? Its like 20 and they mostly live in japan where everything else is about health and well being.

Everyone who's served has done that. It doesn't change the fact that cigarettes decrease your athletic potential. Smokers have to train harder for fewer results.

I miss smoking.

Attached: D4uO7qMUYAAP1O6.png (640x480, 34K)

Not Swedish Europoor here, only snus available is some north african disgusting shit I’m almost sure actually damages gums and teeth.
On the other hand can buy a nice selection of snuff from all over EU

>I'm not going to quit smoking
Your loss. I started to make mad gains as soon as I quit that shit.

NPC is a thought terminating cliche stop using it faggot, also smoking stunts emotional growth so you must be a man-child

>MFW smokers only live to 90

Attached: tenor.gif (360x346, 170K)

Quit smoking I was the same

Not OP but god damn, i love smoking so fucking much. I know that it is bad for me and that it will eventually kill me, but i cant help myself. 30 cigs erryday, fuck me

if they did as many local news specials about people who die from complications of smoking as they do about 90 years old smokers there would be no room for anything else on the news

You got to train your lungs retard, smoke some pall malls while doing wind sprints.

>ignores the millions who did die due to smoking

I use a vape (lol homo) to substitute for my nicotine addiction. I'm performing better now

same people on this site that believe in every retarded conspiracy arent able to comprehend that cigarattes can kill you. Actually astounding

OP I used to smoke and run at the gym. When I started keto I managed to quit for a little over a week and saw significant gains in my running. The last ten minutes of my 30 minute run weren't as strenuous and felt a lot easier