Street fighting vs martial arts

How does gaining direct experience compare to having training?
I found that after street fights my competence and situational awareness went through the roof, something that takes years in an mma gym.
Same thing but to a lesser extent with boxing, but we were sparring too often and concussing each other anyway. Also, the situational awareness bonus was lacking.

Is getting into fights the actual correct way to become dangerous?

(Pacifist fags and cowards, go cuck elsewhere please)

Attached: 1558205477080.jpg (1024x1024, 338K)

A gun makes you dangerous.

Yes, but that's a different thread, here I'm talking about melee

You need both. Techniques and Moves need to be repeated a lot, to become an reflex or instinct. But a real fight teaches you a lot more about keeping yourself calm and react properly in a dangerous situation.

As above- you need both. I think i'm a prime example.

10 years training in Kashimashinto Ryu and Iwawa Ryu sword. Supliment this with 3 years training in HEMA and Ring. swordsmanship.

However, when i step into the lists, it all means very little. I know the Kashima cuts, i know the hues and i know the theory of Vore and Nacht, however without the experience to help me put it all together, i keep getting beaten. To be honest, this is what i expected because experience is what joins all the dots and connects all those points of training and knowledge.

STREET FIGHTS: 65% awareness/psychology, 35% speed, technique, strenght
MARTIAL ARTS MATCHES: 90% speed, technique, strenght, 10% awareness/psychology.
However, martial arts could help you with awareness, too.

speed + strength + aggression.
95% of all fights on the street are won by simply hitting first.
if you are a strong, fast and aggressive motherfucker you will win even against trained fighters.
I come from a country where I had to fight since I turned 6.
The only people I saw winning are the ones who dont fear to go to far.
Most people are too afraid to do you damage and they are not used to it.
I had couple of fights against trained boxers and some asian karate dudes
boxers are much harder to lay down, they are faster and they every hit feels like a stone.

Attached: 207 - EVlNx1Y.png (634x431, 115K)

Anything that isn't a competitive combat sport with live sparring is worthless.
You need to actually compete to get good, just sparring alone wont cut it.
And if you get concussed fro sparring you are doing it wrong and if your gym lets you do it, it's probably a tryhard mcdojo.

Getting into fights intentionally is the dumbest thing you can do.
I think you already are dangerous, but not because you are "strong", but because you are retarded.

Why are HEMA practitioners always so physically unimpressive?
You wouldn't see a serious boxer in bad shape like this. It'd be paradoxical by default.
Is HEMA and shit like that just not very physically demanding to even practice?

Attached: RM 3.jpg (1026x621, 113K)

It's a LARP more than an actual combat sport.
People who want to actually get good at being dangerous join a martial arts gym for when they don't want to kill someone/tueller drill/don't have their gun everywhere they go and a shooting range to practice.
Practicing with swords is inherently silly for self defense as guns work better, and can actually be carried around. If it seems fun, then go for it, just don't go
>Heh, you're no match for my skills with the blade

nothing beats real world experience. i have seen so called martial artist get into their first street fight and the moment they get punched in the face they literally forget everything they have been practicing and just start swinging punches like a novice.

in my opinion the only way to get good at fighting is by getting into real fights.

>Go to a gym that's devoted to one-on-one matches between people
>Hurr why doesn't this develop situational awareness
You're definitely a boxer user

>i have seen so called martial artist get into their first street fight and the moment they get punched in the face they literally forget everything they have been practicing and just start swinging punches like a novice.
Quick question, were those guys people who did shit like aikido or karate?

I mean, it definitely wasn't useless. But like I said, actual brawls felt a lot more enlightening.
I've had a bit of both, but I wanna REALLY level up when it comes to this shit. It's tge most enjoyable thing in life in my opinion, love sex and money don't even come close.

You keep saying "dangerous" instead of a more sensible choice of words like "strong" "skilled" or even "powerful" would be better.
Really betrays your juvenile intentions and if I heard you say shit like this in my boxing gym, I would get you kicked out (ironic, isn't it).
I aint teaching retards how to beat up people.

Are they though? Serious competitors are more like picrelated, from my experience, and even LARPers I know could mog half of Jow Forums if they cared about looking appropriate for le current year, as opposed to their own favorite epoch.

But yes, there's that. A melee weapon is a force multiplier that depends on skill more than on physical might and conditioning. You don't need to look like a serious boxer if you can lay the serious boxer out in a couple of seconds with a random phallic object you happened to have nearby.

Attached: 1430169348758.jpg (2560x1707, 950K)

That was a different poster btw.
Anyway, what did we say about pacifists and faggots?

I'm doing competitive kickboxing, and I have been hit in the face more times than you wanked off to your power fantasy LARP. Stopped closing my eyes about at the 3 month mark of getting trained.
If by martial arts you mean karate or wing tsun or some shit then yeah.
Actual fighting sports, no.
Also, your backyard scuffles with your friends are not "street fights".

Not necessarily related to the OP, but anyway.
How do I choose a martial art? I've been doing kickboxing for the past few months, but I'm moving to a new city, and I might want to try something else. I have my eye on a gym that offers BJJ (gi and nogi), MMA, and wrestling for MMA (once a week). I just don't know what to choose and which to focus on. Any tips or advice?

You can't be as fat as in my pic and have any notable level of fitness.
I see a lot of fat guys swinging sticks around in HEMA though.

You sound like a fag

And I've seen people doing real martial arts (i.e. judo or jiujitsu) choke random people to unconsciousness. Not sure what you're trying to say here

OP here, many of my "street fights" were actually related to working as a bouncer.

Fuck off you derailing piece of shit.

Look friendo, being able to hold your own in a fight and fighting for fun or sport is one thing.
But the wish to be "dangerous" makes you a juvenile tryhard, who will most likely try to beat up the kids in his neighborhood with the knowledge.
Little fags like you don't make it far in training anyway, since you don't get to beat up weaker people and consistently have to face stronger opponents and train hard/have discipline.
Not as fun or easy as wailing on the nerdy kid, is it, you little sociopath fuck.

Fuck you, I just want some advice.
I can give my opinion on your question in the OP though. IMO, it's knowledge of techniques (hooks, 1-2 combos, etc) in combination with experience, both in the gym as well as real world.

A dude who can wield a bastard sword well is much more dangerous than 10 shitskins wielding sticks and knifes mate.

>a bouncer
Wow, tough guy shoving drunks around.

What the fuck no he's not you autist lmao
This aint anime

Dude I'm 30, you're way off the mark. I've had my ass handed to me plenty and simply enjoy violence, but want to become truly good at it.

Fuck you, go start a separate thread you derailing fag.

Actually, the dude on the right in your pic looks like a typical bloatlord ex-powerlifter biker.

The fat chick? Sure, she's there for cheap beta orbiters. But that dude? He probably laid out real Chads in barfights back when Jow Forums was only /a/ and /b/. He doesn't need any significant endurance if he's ending the fight in the first 10 seconds with a few decisive moves.

And the rest are just various tiers of DYEL.

I think I have a different perspective on this; I did college wrestling, not that I was particularly good but I think I'm better than 90% of normies on the street. When I go in to a fight it's to control and dominate the opponent by wrapping them up, not striking. That's inefficient and opens yourself up a lot more than taking things to the ground. And if you really need to, it's easier to kill someone with submissions than with striking. Just my 2c.

I mean, do you consider drunks to be easy to handle? They're perhaps less coordinated, but more violent and uninhibited.
I've worked places where duded were coked up too, and the only white dudes in the club were us the security.

OP here, I'm glad I never ran into wrestlers.
Many times I'd hit people many times in the head and the fucker wouldn't even blink. One time I got into it with a pack of young fat sheboons, I threw 1-2s at the fattest and angriest one's face and some weave fell off lol but no KO. So punching has been unreliable for me so far. I think I'll switch my attention to grappling if I do any MA in the future.

Post body

What is this fat person power fantasy bullshit?
He doesn't look strong, just fat.
I don't think I have to worry about someone who can't climb a flight of stairs without several heart attacks.
I mean, if he swings at me, I'll literally take two steps back and he will be completely gassed out by the time he closes the gap, if he can even be bothered.
Fat people aren't strong, they are just fat. They got there by being weak actually, physically and mentally both.

Spoiler alert

Attached: istockphoto-172179469-612x612.jpg (408x612, 31K)

>Is HEMA and shit like that just not very physically demanding to even practice?

Pretty much, I used to do HEMA and most of the people are in pretty bad shape. A sword is a weapon, so like a gun your proficiency with it is way more important than your physical abilities. When I did judo the average level of fitness seemed way higher. Being faster and stronger is still an advantage though, so the people who actually win competitions are usually in pretty good shape. Not amazing, but good enough to move around quickly and not get tired. Unless you're seriously overweight or underweight it doesn't matter, what does matter a lot though is height

As an aside, I think people on Jow Forums correlate how you look with how you can perform way too much. In my experience unless the person is seriously obese or rail thin you can't really judge their physical abilities that well just based on how they look. Go look at pro football (soccer) players, most of them are skinnyfat.

No one does hema for self-defense or to be "dangerous" lmao it's just a fun hobby. Do you think people take up fencing or baseball or whatever to be good in street fights?

i do martial arts and i have been in street fights.

the more street fights you get in, to an extent, there are elements about it that make you LESS prepared each time for a confrontation, it fatigues you and starts to get you to be suspicious of interactions in a way that is often unneccessary and can make anxious.

training is good for street fights and self defense because it helps you to go into a mind set that you have in the dojo and through that you can avoid the panic, discomfort, frustration, anxiety, terror, of a real altercation.

the key is to constantly overwhelm and go out of your comfort zone into the unexpected while training so that hopefully in self defense nothing is overwhelming, nothing is unexpected, and everything is comfortable.

getting in to training is better then just getting int a bunch of street fights because everyone sucks at first when they do something but the consequences of sucking at training at first are you lose but the consequences of sucking at street fighting is you could die.

often the individual school or gym or dojo and the people that go there is more important then what the martial art is, so just train at lots of different places and become cultured as to the world of fighting.

Whatever gets you to fuck off

Attached: post physique.jpg (1281x1773, 851K)

>Nazi salute

Attached: 5fbd9a055f60d6b95efcdb80c76f8052.gif (200x150, 2.54M)

Thanks for your thoughts bros, this is a quality thread

Glad you hate me, I hate you too.

Bamp

lmaoing @ 'fat = unathletic' cope

Attached: dcd04df27b3d4ea6838da7cfd29144bb-articleLarge.jpg (600x433, 38K)

Aim at eyes, jaw, crotch or knees. Just punching someone's front lobe won't do much harm unless you're an shounen anime character.

surviving altercations IRL will hopefully teach you situational awareness, both vigilance and interpretation (i.e. what's going on around you, what's ABOUT to happen)

training will make you more likely to survive situations you can't get out of by being aware, or that you failed to be aware of.

You should definitely pick up a grappling sport. Learn something new. Maybe you're going to prefer this over stricking.
I'd suggest Judo, not a big fan BJJ but that's fine too. Wrestling for MMA sounds gay, look for a real wrestling gym instead if you're into that.
If you notice that you miss stricking, you can still switch to MMA or go back to kickboxing or whatever.

>answering obvious derailing posts

does anybody have that well-placed pipe bomb copypasta?

thanks m8. I'm actually really looking forward to grappling and such, it seemed a lot of fun even before starting martial arts.
>Wrestling for MMA sounds gay, look for a real wrestling gym instead if you're into that.
I know, but I live in Western Europe, and I don't think there is even a single wrestling gym or school in the entire country. This is the closest thing I've found so far, so I'll take what I can get.
Any suggestions to combine lifting with all this?

Yes, how about fucking off outta here and starting your own thread you shill bitch?

No it doesn't.

mirin

I live in middle Europe and there are several wrestling gyms near me so there's that.
I combine Judo with a bro split. You really need your entire body and on the ground the strong is the king.

You have reach with a sword you mong. Also shitskins are usually weak. And a sword would fuck up a stick.

Heil.

thanks a lot man. What country do you live in, if you don't mind me asking? I'm currently in the Netherlands, for reference.
>I combine Judo with a bro split
How often do you lift? And how often do you do Judo?

I live in the eastern part of Germany.
>How often do you lift? And how often do you do Judo?
This semester I'm kinda busy, so I lift 4 times a week and do Judo once a week. I also go swimming every now and then, but that's mostly for aesthetics.
Next semester I'm going to have more time, so I'll do Judo at least twice a week.

I found Dutch style kickboxing very useful, just give a good couple of lowkicks and most people are discouraged to fight further. It will also teach you to be aggressive, most people aren't really aggressive, so that is a useful skill. Lots of cardio and nowadays it is not frowned upon to lift. Also do judo, it is fun and with judo you can always go hard. For the rest being able to run 100m in 10 seconds is pretty good as far as defense goes. Never be ashamed to avoid a fight.
Plenty of good gyms here.

Groundwork is the coolest part of fighting, I really love it. It is like chess. Unfortunately it is not a good idea to end on the ground in a street fight.

Striking all comes down to placement, wild punches don’t get you too far, as well you need to learn to drop your weight in it. All that being said not that many people have knock out power: like the other user said go for softer targets, kidney and liver shots hurt like a bitch, but grappling is always good to know, you should know both striking and grappling

>pudgeboi

Attached: 1456694991840.jpg (459x520, 43K)

That's why boxing is a meme unless you practice hand conditioning. Most fighting clubs prepare you to fight with gloves like a faggot, not to fight in streets.
Boxing in general isn't the best fighting style in streets, especially with multiple opponents because you may break your hand.
Kicking is the way to go.

Low kicking?

>1 armed person beats 10 armed people.
Go back to posting blacks losing fights on /gif/ you sheltered keyboard warrior.

Why did you start a thread to ask a question then immediately fully answer the question?
That's a great photograph.

Yeah and I suppose he'll have his bastard sword on him when he's getting chased for his phone you absolute pontoon. Some retard that has wasted his life becoming proficient with the blade is almost certainly even less of a threat than a normal person because only autists would bother with it

Have you spent much time in casual martial arts clubs? Being in shape is rarer than not.

While you were shitposting, he was studying the blade.

I love that picture. My thoughts on this are just my own, I wanted other anons to weigh in with their experience.

kimbo slice was really good at street figthing but got his ass kicked once he tried to figth people who actually trained