/fat/ - steven edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For fatbros who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>Why hasn't my weight gone down for 3+ days?
If you're on a deficit, water weight. Plateaus can last up to 3 weeks.

>This is not QTDDTOT, use that thread for questions not about fat loss.

>Read the Jow Forums sticky (you should have already but it covers the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary. It will save you a whole meal's worth of calories
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, fancy starbucks shit. forget it
>be a retard

Previous:

Attached: 1552270672684.jpg (711x368, 85K)

CONFESS

Attached: 1532591654218.jpg (1229x1160, 118K)

Have gone to the gym once since getting my membership three weeks ago

Saw this in a previous thread and thought it was a good idea

How about some anti-confessions - things you did well recently and are proud of or happy about
> At a good rhythm usually losing 2 - 4 pounds a week
> Still enjoy the food I’m eating and can meal prep a good amount of it
> Still can eat something I want on one of the weekend days by doing OMAD
> Getting close to 50% of my goal

Attached: 9D5F5415-0696-4BA6-8FC4-F935EA80FCBE.png (1737x967, 482K)

Better than nothing

>Haven't*

See above.

Stop going to the gym because of a post made by incel crabs killed my motivation.

My problem is that if I eat 1,200 calories a day I lose 2 lbs a week. If I eat 1,500 calories a day I lose no weight.

This is over several months of tracking. I swear my metabolism is slow or something.

>clothes feel a bit looser, belt size a bit smaller
>scale still says I gained weight

Attached: 850.jpg (540x507, 38K)

The scale is a measure of all the mass in your meatbag of a body. Not a reflection of your composition.

I'm finally going to do it now bros.
I've been putting it off since new year's, making stupid excuses and always saying "I'll start in the new week"
But this time I'm doing it. Today is research, tomorrow is the starting date.
I think the hardest thing for me will be drinking tea without two sugars in. I might just knock it on the head entirely, since I'm pretty sure I have an addiction, sometimes drinking up to 8 cups a day.

I swear I'm going to do it this time.

Go today

>But this time I'm doing it. Today is research, tomorrow is the starting date.
You've already fucked up in two sentences. Research today AND start today.

So it could be water weight or muscle built in place of fat? I haven't been eating my body weight in protein daily but I do workout

It's possible that it could be. I won't promise you it is, but it's up to you to know. If you're honest with yourself, then you can rest soundly knowing you're doing it right. If you're not entirely true to your diet or not moving as much as you think you are, then it's possible that it IS just fat. You're the only one that can answer that.

Also eat your protein fool

Can I look good if I lose fat ?
My dream is to have hollow cheeks
They are the representation of thinness
5'7, 190lbs, 25% of bf

Attached: IMG20190615154014.jpg (3000x4000, 1.96M)

You look like an Indian Mr. Bean

>be doing keto diet
>Start Adderall treatment for ADHD
>Never want to eat again

Gonna make it :)

Answer the question fucking retard

Attached: dc7c39ce8d76a9aaf82971ec890cdad3.jpg (800x450, 69K)

>problem has always been "starting tomorrow"
>im starting tomorrow boys, this time is for real
It feels like you're trying to set up a flawless run here and as soon as you fuck up once you're probably going to get frustrated and give up

Attached: 1560113757436.png (204x208, 33K)

you have to go with you BF and lean mass, champ

you need a lot more than just losing fat, have you considered reconstructive facial surgery? Perhaps that would help, but no promises.

Even if I got surgery, there will always be fat on it

>amphetamines

When I was on them I'd binge eat after school because I'd skip breakfast and lunch and be starving when I came down off them. Or when I'd run out.

Granted I weighed 130 when I was on them at 5'9". I shot up to 240 when they took me off them in like a year.
Try to make sure you're at least getting 1200 calories a day. If you lose weight too fast they'll take you off of them.

You're right. Starting now desu. I already ate honey nut cornflakes this morning. I only got motivated to do it an hour or so ago when I reached for a pack of chips.
Gonna walk to the library later and borrow some cookbooks for healthy recipes

I thought a flawless run would be good, but you're probably right about getting frustrated and giving up

I don’t think you’re in the position to be a meanie when you look like that

Attached: AC32A165-A923-4304-A760-B900AA990876.jpg (496x310, 60K)

The most mean Mr. Bean I’ve ever seen

Im sure that I look better than you

Thanks for the advice. I've been making myself eat, if only a little bit. I try to get 1500 a day.

You dont have the bone structure for hollow cheeks. Your jaw is not strong enough and you dont have the high cheek bones. You have too much fat in your face for 25%. It's possible you will never get a slim face.

looks closer to 40% than 25%.

you will eventually get hollow cheeks. as a general rule of thumb you can increase your facial attractiveness a little bit by being lean, but mostly it's about genetics, but i think you can definitely go up to a solid 5/10 if your bf% changes radically.

but it's very difficult to tell how much potential you have when your body fat is this high so i don't want to give you too much hope.

i've been both super lean (7-8%) and fat as fuck (similar to your current level) and managed to go from like 3/10 to a 7/10 at leanest.

but you're in no position where it is constructive to ask such questions anyway, fatty. come back when you've dropped 20%+ in bodyfat, making posts like this is usually pretty indicative that you're not really trying your hardest to change.

He will never have hollow cheeks as they require high cheek bones and strong jaw to stretch the skin and make the cheeks look hollow. He just simply doesn't have it

nigga his bf is so high that you can't even see any structure, just a full fucking moon right now.

Poo loos usually have high fat storage in their face, regardless of bf%

>only 15 more pounds to my target weight of 150.

Attached: 1536139186867.jpg (580x543, 117K)

"Poo loos"

Half french half italian try again you pig fucker

Attached: 1560212818534.jpg (608x456, 31K)

>I thought a flawless run would be good, but you're probably right about getting frustrated and giving up
For me it really helped to make small changes over time instead of going all in and flipping my entire diet and routine on its head. The only thing I did in the beginning was instead of having a 1000 calories sandwich at subway every day for lunch, I brought a chicken breast and some bbq sauce to work instead, that was it, didn't count calories, still had mcdonalds before and after work, but I still lost about 10lbs, and when I was ready and comfortable with consistently eating chicken breast instead of subway every single day I decided to have some eggs and bacon after work instead of a double whopper, and after that I started counting calories and realized I needed to stop snacking between meals.
For you? I recommend downloading MFP right now, and start faithfully logging your food into it TODAY, then today or tomorrow go pick up a digital food scale from walmart and measuring spoons/cups if you don't have them and start measuring out correct portions of the food you already eat and enjoy. This is the most basic fundamental foundation of any and every diet you may try, master it and make it a habit, make it a part of your life, don't stop logging your food just because you went over the calorie limit, and do NOT cheat on your measurements, nobody is looking at it but you, you're only cheating yourself by doing that. The only difference between today and tomorrow is 12 hours, I promise you that you're not going to know anything more and you're not going to want to do it any more 12 hours from now, so just do it right now.

Attached: 1539103853750.jpg (600x3031, 167K)

More like half arab and half mexican

>3 days in a row of zero or minimal loss despite eating under 1800 (usually under 1500) every day
Fucking hell I'm over 400lbs I thought you told me thermodynamics exists

And yes I've been walking half a mile every day.

Attached: 1322462980591.gif (400x225, 1.52M)

fuck you, kike.
i won't tell you a word.

Attached: Khr6uXX.jpg (224x206, 14K)

More sleep maybe ?

Hey fatties, can anyone of you recommend a brosplit for fat loss ?

Not interessted in SS desu.

More like COINFESS

For the very first time since I started dieting over 6 months ago, my weight has increased from my previous weekly weigh-in.
I know why, but it's still a bummer. My chart is ruined.

It’s 500 calories a day brah. Had 1800 calories last night. Still puts me at a 600 calories deficit. This brought me up to 224lbs but obviously it’s water weight. Today I’m going right back into it. Figured out 8 eggs squats to around 500 calories, I’m eating all but one of the yolks. For some reason hard boiled eggs keeps me full even without any carbs. I’m not big on keto as I think it’s just another fad diet but I’m gonna see what eating just eggs for a few days does for me. I like eggs.

I am documenting this for you guys btw. I plan to take pics every 2 weeks. When I start bulking up again I’m going to be running a test cycle (after I’ve gotten my lifts back close to where they were) and I will take weekly pics of that for those interested in frauding.

Attached: BA0EA9D7-1908-4126-9CC5-2CB56048FB1F.png (500x281, 202K)

>I'm over 400lbs
>walking
Get a bike

Just hit 29BMI

O N E S T E P C L O S E R

Attached: zhwoti2yx9601.jpg (432x768, 50K)

OMAD in the weekends aint that bad right? I just wake up at like 13:00 and eat dinner around 18:00 and feel full for the rest of the day.

>400lbs
This is how you fuck up your knees
Take up swimming or buy an elliptical

What's with all the hate? You're pretty average looking to me. Fixing your hair in a certain way can help elongate the shape of your head in a pseudo-slimming way until the weight comes down.
Right now I would say 6/10

Yes you can. Were all gonna make it user

>I swear my metabolism is slow or something.

Use refeed days to maintain the higher metabolism. It's different for everyone.

I usually to IF + 1 refeed day a week to keep the cycle going

Gratz user. Stats?

Thank you!

Height: 196CM

Weight: 114.7kg

Daily Intake: 1500 Calories

Loss every week: 1kg to 1.5kg

Did you measure BF%?Just BMI alone won't tell us everything.

400 lb user here.

SW: 460
GW:250
CW:371

20 lbs a month. All CiCo.
Going out for wings and beer today with a couple co workers, whats the lowest cal wing flavor? lemon pepper?

Attached: 62650124_468250463751075_4507467369974595584_n.jpg (512x288, 22K)

No i haven't i guess i gotta buy some measurement tools, but here is a picture of how i roughly look right now.

Attached: aefaef.jpg (546x669, 13K)

How much weight do I need to lose to look like a not fat person who kind of looks like he lifts*

5'9'' 230 lbs

*in clothes

Attached: Front.jpg (480x640, 29K)

Yup just avoid the goop

Attached: Side.jpg (480x640, 29K)

Santi?

No idea who that is senpai, sorry

Finally am losing again and can rely on myself to eat less now. Also im beginning to see some gains in muscle strength as well, especially my legs.

Attached: 1559485898420.jpg (592x574, 79K)

Oy vey

Attached: C1892ACB-32BD-47AF-A595-95A5C3D4E3D5.jpg (600x400, 45K)

Don't go too hard on the beer either, 1 or 2 is alright but more than that will start to add up

You're doing awesome! I hope you have fun with your coworkers!

I am around your height and muscle definition started showing at around 170-180 lbs so a long way to go.

Fuck. I guess this is the price I pay for gluttony

Wrong mindset bro, what happened happened don't create a mindset in which you punish yourself. Never works.

is possible im over training?

over weight not crazy (6'1 80kg) lots of stomach fat been sedentary lazy for a good year plus especially last 2 months had the flu real bad.
pre diabetic shitty blood glucose been dieting eating low gi strictly past few weeks been ramping up the strictness past week in particular+IF trying to go up to 13-15 hours.
lifted one day, jogging 2 days and long walk 1 day last week. had bad sleeping troubles, feeling very shit fasted even after 5 hours. cant sleep without eating.
long read thank you if you made it this far, obviously taking a few rest days now but should i maybe have less training days while my stamina builds back up?

Attached: veganmog.jpg (183x275, 5K)

push through

Shalom, here. I could have been sensible and ordered from the vegan menu, but I'd skimped on breakfast, didn't snack all day, and was so hungry I went for the set menu.

Pate on toast to start.
Roast beef with potatoes, parsnips, carrots, and gravy.
Apple pie with custard for dessert.

I did about 45 minutes of walking this morning with the family so I banked that in MFP.

Finishing the day five calories under my limit.

thanks but no thanks rabbi

>boobs

scale only measures water and shits inside your body

ate myself 100kcal above my goal for yesterday by eating a two-bite brownie :(( making up for it today tho

Attached: yummio.jpg (545x581, 107K)

Go with a dry spice or no sauce at all

Why ate one hard boiled egg today and have not been hungry at all. That was 5 hours ago. What is this, how is a single egg keeping me full? I feel like I just found a cheat code to cutting

Two days ago it was my sons first birthday. I had cake. Put me over.

Yesterday I ate overate my calories too, because I lacked self control and ate fritos with queso dip with my chicken.

Today is Father’s Day and the meal my wife made was high calorie. I am over today.

I failed my brothers. Irrecoverable. I think I need to an hero.

how bad are spare ribs no sauce or anything?

>a single round table boneless wings is 100 cals
What the fuck, bros? I just ate 12 of these things. I thought they would be a lower calorie alternative to pizza.

Yeah. Sometimes shit surprises me how many calories it is when you think it’s not.

Last night
>Bag of gummies
>Ice cream drumstick
>Wunderbar chocolate bar
>Popcorn
>3 Musketeers bar
>some Bailey's Irish cream
just kill me rabbi
I haven't eaten anything today and it's 5 pm now, have just been drinking water. Gonna have some chicken breast for dinner

Attached: 1dbaf24c75274beabdefb4c97eee7aeb.jpg (586x577, 41K)

Well they are in that pizza often has insane calories for what you end up eating.
But yeah i'd avoid those they're often fried. Just get regular chicken.

Took my dad out for fathers day. We went to a mexican resteraunt and I had half a chicken burrito and a bunch of chips and queso. I'm not eating the rest of the day but I probably still went over.

Attached: 1556889217849.jpg (1148x1137, 332K)

I've been consistently hitting the gym 4-6 days a week since last summer

Make the best of tomorrow, user

And the day after that

How do I eat 250+ g of protein a day while also cutting

Attached: 1557896317099.jpg (701x1024, 89K)

Unless you are 500lbs you wont be able to. But you can still easily get 120+ just by eating lots of chicken, eggs, skim milk, and a scoop of whey

>500
Nah I thought it was 1g for every pound you weighed
120 sounds more feesible

Nah that is way overshoot. .6/lb is much more attainable for cutting. 1/lb is for powerlifters or people competing honestly.

>gw 250
thats a great intermediate goal, but why stop there?
we're all gonna make it fren

1.6 per kg is all you need so long as youre picking up heavy things

I’ve been going to the gym 6 days a week since May 23rd and went on a strict diet with 2k calorie deficit. I’ve lost 22 lbs. so far but I was at my lowest earlier this week when I was 30 lbs. down.

user I’m in the same boat, but when I look in the mirror I look slightly slimmer and my coworkers have noticed it in my neck too, just look in the mirror.

Seriously what is this just ate 4 of them for dinner and I feel fucking full. Are boiled eggs the ultimate cutting tool????

>tfw 3 boiled eggs for breakfast every day
>tfw it's breakfast RIGHT NOW
they're pretty great

Attached: 1480020375164.png (633x758, 40K)

Something so small and has like nearly 0 carbs has me feeling full. I guess because protein and fat increases satiety?? Feel like this experiment/cut is gonna be easy as fuck

What's your caloric goal? I hit about 211 grams a day and cut at around 1,500 calories

>mfw looking at nutrition value of tuna canned in oil vs water and figuring out it's double the calories

Attached: gutsrage.jpg (600x588, 109K)