Sup Jow Forums

I had been smoking 3/4 a pack (15 cigs) of American Spirt Blacks per day. I quit last Sunday so today I have been 7 days with 0 cigarettes. Things got pretty ugly at day 3 but I stayed strong. I am using a low strength nicotine patch and will stop that this week

are you proud of me?

quitting smoking thread.

I read that as long as you quit by the the time you are 40 you will have the same lifespan statistically as someone who had never smoked, that really motivated me because I was having an "I'm fucked anyway" attitude about continuing.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-16 at 9.36.33 AM.png (1234x892, 1.96M)

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/quitting-smoking-by-age-40-erases-most-of-the-risk-of-an-early-death/2013/01/23/6446668e-6585-11e2-9e1b-07db1d2ccd5b_story.html?noredirect=on
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Make it to a month and I'll be proud. Cigarettes are a bane on your assets.
If you'd invested in a dividend stock for each pack of cigarettes you'd smoke, your passive income would be able to fuel a cigarette addiction like that.

Smoke free for about a year and a half now. Before I’d quit, but regress within 6 months. Didn’t know why I kept going back and then I realized that for me, it was the people I surrounded myself with. I cut out friends that smoked. Also, the money gains from quitting are just insane. Plus I don’t smell like an ashtray all the time. Something others, particularly women (and me now) find unbelievably repulsive. I smoke an occasional cigar and have considered taking up pipe smoking. Only no additive and completely natural tobbacy though

Quit almost 2 years ago and am still extremely glad I did
> No longer wake up hacking and coughing up gobs of phlegm
> Smell better
> Don’t get antsy during movies or places where there is no smoking after a couple hours
> Saved truckloads of money - literally opened a savings account to put the extra couple hundred per month
Anyone reading this who wants to quit but hasn’t yet, please keep trying, it is worth it

I quit nearly two years ago. I used a vape. Used it for about a month using the lowest nicotine content liquid I could get, then after I'd run out of liquid just didn't feel like buying any more. I was kind of amazed at how easy it was.

I occasionally get a craving, but here in bongland you can only buy cigs in packs of 20 and fuck that, they cost a fortune. I've still got the vape and some no-nicotine liquid, but I've used it maybe 4 times since that first month.

10/10 wouldn't quit again because I don't have to.

Attached: 1542772070265.png (796x1060, 407K)

>15 cigs a day

WHAT THE HELL

Good job user.

I'm an alcoholic, I've gone 33 days so far without a drink, I've had half a bottle of vodka on standby in case it got overwhelming, but so far I haven't needed it.

OP here is the article about quitting smoking by 40:

washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/quitting-smoking-by-age-40-erases-most-of-the-risk-of-an-early-death/2013/01/23/6446668e-6585-11e2-9e1b-07db1d2ccd5b_story.html?noredirect=on

Flush it user. Don’t even chance it

>pack of marlboro reds a day
>start running a month ago before I lift (5k 6 days a week)
>cut down to 3 sticks MAX a day of lights
>didn’t even have any intention of quitting
>shaved 10 mins off my 5k from when I started
feels good bros

Attached: 5D9B470F-1010-45DC-9A05-5C50480F6E2C.jpg (1080x1350, 81K)

Good for you user, I have given up my tobacco habit this past week as well.
I was using 2 cans of dip a day before I started cutting back last month, 5 days in and feel good so far.

I once smoked like 2 full packs while on extasis. Its very easy to go from 1 a day to a full pack. Also quitted a while ago.

>extasis

Four months, minus a weekend a couple weeks ago where I had half a pack while camping with some friends. I've stopped coughing and generating a lot of phlegm.

I still don't feel like my runs have benefited, though. The week after I quit my mile time dropped from 7:40 to 7:15, but it's barely budged from there even though I've been training consistently.

>tfw running out of nicorette

Attached: 1558841270775.png (1145x947, 1024K)

I was on about 25-35 per day. Then my life completely went to shit because I put too much trust in a woman, so now i'm back at my parents training for military, which means no smoking.
I've been extremely unhappy but its hard to tell how much is not smoking, missing a girl, embarrassment about my parents, or my own weakness. Honestly i'm so down for so many reasons that's its hard to say if quitting smoking really bothers me at all.
Its nice to watch my running proficiency rapidly increase though. It seems like that is the only reason i'm still alive.

How old are you if you don't mind me asking? Just wondering because you said you were joining the military after what sounds like being in the shitter.

Sure my cardio improved greatly, my breath and clothes didn't smell and I had more money in my bank, but the most underrated benefit was for my weiner. My erections are much more fuller, stronger and doesn't take me as much warmup to get going.

I smoked 10-20 a day from about age15-22. Am 26 for reference. When you quit you'll look back and wonder what the fuck the big deal was.

im only 19
I was working from home and I had a beautiful gf and dog. Her parents never liked me but I figured it'd be liveable until one day they straight up paid off cops to beat me and then gave her an ultimatum about me FUCK EASTERN EUROPE. And then while I was on my way back to the states she started emailing me saying how sorry she was and how much she loved me bla bla bla. Fuck that shit I deleted all the accounts and planned on getting back in with my teenage friends and getting high as a kite.
But before I made it back here, I gave it a lot of thought and realized that if I were just sitting around doing drugs all day I would never go anywhere and never be anything. Ultimately id probably end up contacting her and then making a plan to get some bullshit job to save money and then return and try to make it work again.
And then I remembered when I was a little kid. All I wanted to be was an "army guy". I felt like a fire had ignited in my brain and I threw away my smokes.
I mean I could smoke and still train my way to where I need to be but I couldn't do it as fast and the more time I spend here the more I feel like offing myself. I need to move really fast to proficiency and then get my ass to a recruiter.
If y'all niggers could berate me and tell me that ABILITY and USEFULNESS are infinitely more valuable than COMFORT and HAPPINESS id appreciate it.
Honestly that fire in my brain lit because I realized if I hadn't been royally fucked in the ass I would've woken up 5 years down the line and thought "holy shit i'm just a little kid who smokes and drinks fucking another little kid who smokes and drinks" Being completely destroyed as a human being gave me the chance to be useful, and I need to keep that fire lit at all costs.
But yeah, i'm only 19.
"Life's a bitch and then you die, that's why I got high, now where the fuck am I gonna go?"
Seriously don't live through another human being it will leave you a shell of a man.

Attached: 1555818116333.jpg (3200x2323, 3.66M)

Tldr

Good for you mate.
Make the most of this wave to install discipline as, despite how strong it is now, motivation will fade.

I am very proud of you user. Keep being strong and you will look back and laugh at this pathetic addiction.

Its already faded. I don't think I've cultivated discipline as much as fear of failure. I don't do things because i'm disciplined but because i'm afraid of what will happen if I don't do them.
Don't trust people with anything more than a little bit of your time, because terrible things you'd never expect can happen very quickly.