WSM 2019!

WSM 2019 IS MARTINS LICIS

6'2" 350 LBS PEAK PERFORMANCE, LANKLETS BTFO

A P O L O G I Z E

Attached: martins-licis-is-a-man-of-culture-48334840.png (500x519, 125K)

Other urls found in this thread:

barbend.com/2019-worlds-strongest-man-results/
instagram.com/rebecca_rowleybear/
youtube.com/watch?v=XwhBEQjkuWU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No fucking way. I mean, I wanted him to win, but over Thor? Source?

Just checked, it's real! Oh shit I can't believe he won!

barbend.com/2019-worlds-strongest-man-results/

Thor was injured in the prelims

Thor was slightly injured early on, you can see him hobble around a bit in a few events

MARTINS!

WSM is cringe

no u

THE DRAGONNN KING

>only 330lbs
Fucking TWINK

Attached: 1560544301521.gif (478x268, 2.57M)

faggot

lame
I feel like static strength wise, hes the weakest WSM in a long time
Its pathetic that neither Shaw or Thor beat him, regardless of injury.

/OurBigGuy/ can't be stopped!!!!

Attached: AGF-l7-JcwAkp5DfTm9MOqN-31kT_qcM9olu7nb5pQ=s900-mo-c-c0xffffffff-rj-k-no.jpg (900x900, 80K)

overall strength shaw and thor has over him but he has the best technique out of all of them
he's also the youngest out of them and still has time to pack on mass

How'd Larry Wheels do?

he won bro

here comes halfthor's faggot jock sniffers to run damage control lmao

USA NUMBER 1. EAT SHIT, RETARDS.

Attached: 1536793278771.jpg (600x580, 51K)

Fair point, he might become more worthy of the name later
Im a Shaw fan dumbass
>USA numbah 1
and here you are rooting for an athlete born in europe

wsm is the least cringe of all the lifting sports

t. faggot shawcel cope

>and here you are rooting for an athlete born in europe

He grew up in a college town in Massachusetts, moving here went he was really young. Good enough to consider him US

good thing this isnt powerlifting, so static strength isnt all that matters huh

dudes born in europe but hes fully american
all the white people here are also originally european if you go far enough back into the family tree
if someone speaks primarily american english adopts american culture and values and gone through the citizen process they are american

Attached: ahegaoshirt.jpg (830x874, 116K)

He's literally done 14 reps at almost 700lbs with squats, is a hair away from 1000lbs deadlift, and pretty sure he is over the 200kg mark for log press.

How is he weak again?

do not respond to retards.

>slightly
A torn plantar fascia isn’t a slight issue, and he seriously underperformed in several events compared to the past. Injuries are part of the game though. Just one more embarrassment for the organizers that they hurt the biggest name in their sport by misloading his yoke.

organisers of these events are pants on face retarded, like Shaw injuring hinself at the arnold because the stage wasn't stationary when trying to hit a 1k diddy

haha cope harder you faggot

>weakest WSM
>wins the squat
>2nd in overhead medley
>2nd in deadlift hold
>1st in stones
>loading race, the one truly non static event he placed 3rd

You're a retard.

What went wrong?

Attached: brian-shaw-worlds-strongest-man.png (500x749, 633K)

i dont think people here understand that working through a injury has a huge impact on your endurance dunno why you're getting shit for it
yes the tear probably doesn't affect his strength but it definitely lowers his energy levels and he cant keep the same level of strength for as long thus hurting his overall performance

He got distracted doing that cover of "The Sound Of Silence" and forgot grip training.

Fukin jews.

I'm happy The Dragon won and sad that Brian Shaw didn't even place. :(

He's almost 40

Fucking around making a TV show with Eddie Hall and Robert Oberst instead of focusing 100% on WSM.

he also fucked his shit at arnolds and who knows how much he has recovered from that

Wold strongest man has a black gf. Apologize, Jow Forums.

Attached: martins2.png (941x580, 404K)

I mean he got 2nd at the fucking Arnold
It's not like he's leagues behind the 200kg static monsters

Lmao. I thought he was dating that Lindsey chick.

this pattern really fits fit people

Attached: lolnadaorg-1560536327206_01DDGRW8ZA13ARJP07JS155W9F.1024x0.jpg (750x933, 63K)

Attached: 64228242_388131568575671_6176363177253535744_n_01DDGRMZH3EA71MVRMDPHGEHHT.640x0.jpg (508x960, 86K)

Attached: 41476447_922032848003029_7572123270942556160_o_01CQ289T37SV41160BMJAD16MP.1024x0.jpg (1024x768, 111K)

Still being somewhat snapped up from the ASC (and the training he missed as a result) and running around playing grabass filming that show didn’t help, but I think the biggest thing is that he’s getting old, and being that big for that long exacts a serious toll. Sure, Z won the Arnold in his 40s with a fucked up back and neck, but he’s a damn cyborg. Shaw’s still a static monster and podium threat when he’s healthy, but at these more speed and stamina based comps the smaller dudes’ll give him hell on moving events, and Thor’s the resident king of the hill on brute strength stuff now, so every step he’s lost costs him dearly.

why are white men literally strongest in the world?

>victim girls (male)
>vietnamese shädman

blacks and other races, figuratively and literally, can't compete.

shadman is weak, he needs to do full 20+ page stores, but he makes no money that way

Attached: ahegaoshirt2.png (794x867, 543K)

>tell people Shaw has little chance since he was injured for a chunk of time other competitors were training
>"no dude Shaw is coming back this year he has the strongest deadlift ever, unbeatable squat, and he'll dominate the stones"
>comes in 5th

gee who would've thought

eh its debatable
strongman is a sport that requires a lot ofmoney and dedication for not much in return
most black people who are the size of hafthor and shaw go into basketball instead because its way more lucrative
hafthor used to play basketball himself because of his size
i wouldn't be surprised to see people like lebron or dwight howard be able to compete at the highest level of strongmen if they devoted themselves to the sport

Half the reason he wins is because he's NOT a 400+ lbs blob who gets winded after 10 seconds of exertion.

I think he is. Big downgrade from the black QT.

Not really. The % of huge black guys who make it to the NFL or NBA still leaves 95% available for strongman after age 22. And the overlap between strongest guys who make the NFL vs. those who don't is very small (i.e. strongest lifters are rarely the same guys who make the pros).

when the strongest american in the world is spanish lol

What black qt? I can't recall seeing any black girls in his videos, just some Lindsey and some red haired Asian chick.

In the jujimufu tightrope vid you can spot Martin's crazy hot black gf

Damn, yeah. He was dating a strongman chick with kids before that too though so maybe he just doesn't have the best judgment.

You remember when this was offensive ?

Attached: pic_related_111814_SM_Matt-Taylor-Shirtgate-2.jpg (300x300, 25K)

Honestly it's just him getting old he has a family to take care of and at this age your health starts really declining from being this big he's still crazy strong and I expect he will still get respectable finishes but he's past his prime

imagine saying this after defending the diva shaw every time he justs himself in warmups

There's a lot of black guys that only play for a couple of years then get off the sport there's still plenty of time for them to try strong man I do believe they can get pretty high up bit I feel like Europeans will dominate strongman like Jamaicans dominate track with a couple of exceptions sprinkled in for both sports

>This shit argument again
Black guys don't just follow the money, they do what they enjoy like the rest of you. White guys tend to be larger and stronger at static movements, so yall good at moving objects through space but we are better at moving our own bodies. Black guys have more power/speed but white guys have more strength/torque.

Go to any college sportspark and you can see this. Even on track and field: white guys in the field events and black guys on the track. Jumping is the crossover it seems.
T Black guy.

Wrong, the basketball lanklets you named don't have the frame nor strength for it
Frame>>>Height for strongman

Mark Felix and Mark Henry are two examples of successful Black Strongman competitors. You are right though, they are exceptions not the norm. Genetically strongman may on average favor men of northern european lineage, as you noted that sprinting / track favors blacks to a higher degree. There will always be exceptions though. Racial demographics aside, it's just exciting seeing what limits the human body can be pushed to in strength.

still would be, difference here is that the ahegao shirt is normalfag approved

No, it's about money. Oly should be dominated by back guys by your logic, since they're more explosive. But Oly has no prestige or money behind it here in the US, so the best athletes go into other sports.

Also, development of strength / mass doesn't preclude or degrade explosiveness, just look at any SHW Oly lifter to see that. Endurance and explosiveness are opposed, strength is orthogonal.

Iron Biby and Ray Williams are two more examples. Still exceptions in the field at large, but deserve to be included with top tier strength.

Isn't there something about white vs black for height of their center of gravity? I think the argument was that the difference made blacks better sprinters, and it made whites better swimmers. I wonder if this plays a role at all in strongman

Honestly I’d say the big difference between whites and blacks is culture. Especially gym culture. For both races, gym culture re exploded in the mid 00s after falling dormant in the 80s and 90s. Strongman while always niche got alightly bigger and more popular and due to it being almost 100% white and European passed by most blacks (whom tend to pay attention to people within their race/culture). I bet in 5 years because of Larry wheels there will be a much, much more diverse group of competitors. I mean there’s no Asian or Latino strongmen but you don’t see people try and make racial arguments for that

and I forgot to say: throwing events are also power dependent (just like Oly). Your distinction between moving external objects vs body isn't relevant.

Yes, it might have been on average blacks had proportionally longer legs (sprinting) and whites had proportionally longer torsos (swimming). This is on average and I don't think it was drastic, but it might be enough to make a difference in those sports. Other features that trend racially are muscle fiber types (slow / fast twitch proportions) and muscle insertment / attachments points. A great example is look at Usain Bolt's calves -- look how high up the attachment is, great for sprinting.

This way of thinking is what is killing the west.

I agree with you culture is a huge factor. I think another user made a good point about how many of the black men that could be successful go into football or other things like that. But on your other point I will make an argument against Asian WSM right now -- they simply do NOT have the frame for it -- simple as that. Asians can have amazing pound for pound strength -- look at Olympic weightlifting, those little buggers are amazingly strong for their size -- that's the key though for their size --- their bones are too smaller, their frames simply cannot support the type of mass required to win the Arnold Classic or WSM. Now if you are talking by weight class, that's a whole other ball game.

Extremely true re. blacks and culture. No other ethnic group comes close putting intra-group pressure to confirm.Good luck being a black guy who likes nerd stuff (including, pathetically, "education") if you're in a majority-black environment.

Can someone tell me why shaw didnt make the podium? I have been busy with work and coudnt follow along but saw some praise on insta

Cause he is fucking 40 years old nigga

Nah they all have smaller bone structures compared to strongmen.

Age, recent injuries, also many of the events favored speed and Shaw was just too slow. YouTube one of the loading events where he is battling Licis and you can see how this happened.

I don’t even mean competitive I just mean non whites doing stronman in general. Who’s the black, Asian and Latino Alan thrall? Jujimufu? Alsruhe? They literally have no one to introduce them to the sport.

Another factor too

Fucking BASED

Attached: Martins Licis 1.png (1920x1080, 1.95M)

It's part of sports though. Potential injury is always a factor, and doesn't take away from his win.

kys

Thor got hurt on the farmers

how can you tell she's his gf from thst video? Someone in another thread told me Lindsay fucks Romark, not Martins. I have no idea what is true anymore.

actually, shaw came in 6th, not 5th

Good point RE public introductory figure. Maybe Larry Wheels will help change that. I enjoyed some of the YouTube videos he did with Thor. By all accounts it sounds like he was warmly welcomed and treated well in Iceland.

As long as the quality of the sport goes in the right direction, I am all for competitors of varying backgrounds.

He has proven himself to be a grip fraud

Isn't this his ex? The single mom. Didn't realize they weren't together anymore.
instagram.com/rebecca_rowleybear/

I mean little Timmy can go I want to be like Thor or hall. Nonwhites are less likely to idolize whites and instead go Coleman, Ray, Chinese only, Bruce Lee, Kono etc

Damn I wanted shaw to get his fifth. It looked possible but wtf happened on the deadlift hold?

he's smaller, not weaker

thor might have him on the strength front currently though

>americans don't exist

Attached: 1549655007597.jpg (337x372, 23K)

Lindsay is a rando thot gf of the cameraman, she only manages the social media stuff. If you look at the tightrope video you can see Martins getting himself some Hershey kisses.

Martins Licis is Latvian

Past his peak
Good time to retire now

My boy Mateusz 2nd in WSM second consecutive year while being 25. In few years when he will improve his static lifts even more he will be dominating like Pudzian in his days. Novikov also shows a lot of promise, shame he got robbed in the heats, because he could fight for podium also.

Check out overhead medley by Kieliszkowski, he's a beast

youtube.com/watch?v=XwhBEQjkuWU

Attached: mateusz.jpg (1000x1498, 730K)

Slavs are the past, present, and future of strongman

Matty K is a terminator. If he can stop giving up a million points every time there’s a deadlift he’ll start racking up titles. And Novikov should file a police report after that robbery, it was almost as bad as the nonsense they pulled on Caron.

Are we back to strongmen being about strong men and not a 'who can find the biggest Jotun and train him to lift shit' competition?

Attached: World's Strongest man 2017 vs 2019.jpg (1080x1080, 157K)