Calorie hoax

I still can't believe how this is fed to general public when latest research has made it perfectly clear that human energy balance, usage and storage is entirely hormone and gut microbiome based. Humans don't even have any organs that process these mythical energy units instead of macros. Who is to blame?

Attached: calorie-is-a-calorie.jpg (600x570, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

siimland.com/randle-cycle-explained-why-you-shouldnt-combine-fats-and-carbs-together/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2739696/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Post body with timestamp

Dumbfucks like to believe we are perfect biological machines that process 100% of the energy input.
Machine like paradigms have been used for everything. It's how the modern brainlet westerner likes to think about life

Attached: tumblr_ovowibKQDH1rhiqa7o1_500.png (500x650, 295K)

Your body doesnt create energy

sage

>Humans don't even have any organs that process these mythical energy units instead of macros

wtf did i just read?

>latest research has made it perfectly clear that human energy balance, usage and storage is entirely hormone and gut microbiome based.
Link to back these claims up? Oh wait you don't have them because this post is bait

That you don't have pic related inside you.

What else would it even be?

Attached: kalorimeter-bom.jpg (1272x1200, 234K)

This information is completely useless and unfounded please fuck off now

How many calories does it take to make a type 1 diabetic obese without insulin?

pretty obvious troll but ill bite. Not sure where to start. A calorie is not a physical thing, we dont eat calories. We eat food that has potential energy which is measured in calories. Your original statement makes no sense.

EAT
LESS
FAGGOT
YOU ARE FAT BECAUSE YOU STUFF YOUR FACE WITH GARBAGE FOOD

how is a calorie not a calorie

is an inch not an inch?

Or a second not a second?

what is this argument

I know this is bait however calories are a great way to tell you what you need to do for your individual body. So if you “process calories differently” then it doesent really matter. Just find your maintenance through trial and error and adjust accordingly

Based
CICO is a meme. Your body gets rid of any "excess" calories through urination and defecation.

Your picture is retarded. Because there is suffering in the world you shouldn’t thrive? Because there is sadness in the world you shouldn’t be happy? People should always strive to make their lives better and you might as well enjoy the ride because you only get one shot at it bucko

whoever wrote that bit in the image should really have sex

Attached: 1559595048449.png (293x172, 7K)

Lololol exactly

OP is saying something like temperature is not real because there are no Celsius in the air

Coca-Cola and McDonalds spread the calorie lie so people will think processed food can be part of a healthy diet.

What the fuck are you talking about? Your body has millions upon millions of these organs you fucking ape. It’s called mitochondria

Dude, time isn't real lmao.

Attached: images (12).jpg (451x679, 31K)

Metal as fwuark

Mitochondria uses ATP, not calories, ATP is product of Kreb's Cycle which is a hormonally regulated biochemical process.

Calories are real. Fat cells use it as building blocks to create more fat cells. The digestive tract breaks down food into simple molecules such as glucose, whose bonds, when broken down in mitochondria, create ATP. This molecule is used throughout the body to as fuel, since breaking off the phosphate releases energy. This energy is used to make fat cells. When you eat less calories, less fat cells are made. When you eat more calories, more fat cells get made. All calories are used in the creation of fat cells. You are constantly creating fat cells. All other cells and organs use energy from sunlight.

False equivalence. You can do conversion from heat unit (celsius) to radiation (source of heat). But you can't do any conversion from heat unit (calorie) to macro nutrients and vitamins which cells and microbiome use. How many calories do I need to get 120mg of vitamin C?

>Calories are real. Fat cells use it as building blocks to create more fat cells.
No they don't. Calorie doesn't have a chemical formula so obviously that's impossible.

Congrats you passed 8th grade biology
No shit the body uses atp to store and transport energy which is measured in calories. Your oven doesnt produce Fahrenheits either

>No shit the body uses atp to store and transport energy which is measured in calories.
Cellular energy transport is understood, happens and is measured in ionic exchange.

>We eat food that has potential energy which is measured in calories.
And it's measured in device I posted. It can measure calories in everything that can be burned including diesel. But your body doesn't burn anything regardless what your moms gossip magazine says about burning calories.

No fucking shit, that’s like asking “how many vegetables it take to get this much vitamin C” and expecting a quantitative answer instead of any specifics.

user is a fucking ectothermic reptilian or doesn’t understand how metabolic functions work

I take it you admit to being stupid for posting false equivalence then.

Show me what you learn in 9th grade biology

Miles/hour doesn't exist therefore speed is not real

Hur dur bur lur

Miles/hour is used as a measure of speed.
Calorie is not used as a chemical formula for building fat cells.
This should not be difficult, user.

Are you serious complaining about calories because it doesn't tell you how much vitamin or protein the food has? Are you clinically retarded?

There's no one on the planet advocating for calories to be the only thing you should look for on a diet.

Calories measures the amount of stored energy the food has. That's it.

No, read the entire thread to get the point. I've replied to every objection including stored energy fallacy.

man people are fucking obsessed with subversion and underdogs these days

Yes the entire planet including every single athlete of any sport is wrong then.

Many athletes are black.

That's not an argument to anything I posted. But you can easily prove me wrong, considering how calories are measured, put up a live cam and drink a litre of extremely high calorie diesel (or gasoline). It's so high calorie that we can live observe your body immediately making new fat cells if you are correct since fat cells are made of calories according to you people. Go on, do it for science.

Jesus Christ you're so fucking dumb, the fact that you can measure calories of other substances doesn't mean that the measurement doesn't work on food you retarded motherfucker asshole. it's a unit of measurement of energy. Doesn't diesel have energy stored in its molecules you piece of shit moron? So that's why you can measure the calories in it.

ah so thats your problem, you think dietic calories and thermal calories are the same.

Its called human physiology. A rock can produce energy but would not infer much of anything to the human body. It goes without saying differing calories infer differing metabolic processes in relation to energy absorption, energy burn and retention.

Refer to the "Randle Cycle", fats or carbs seem to be the two known energy inputs in human physiology. One of them is heavily indicated for metabolic disorders, one of them is derived from sources of food that are heavily contra-indicated to human health, lacking nutrition, etc.

>there's a reason people waste on a vegan diet

Attached: 1509491426465.jpg (1905x1080, 238K)

>Refer to the "Randle Cycle"

I've seen you in many threads post about this. Could you actually elaborate your point with regards to this

If someone shoots you in the in fucking face 6 times but the coroner only pulls out 3, how many are left in your body?

Replace "bullets" with calories, retard.

And what if I poop out 2 bullets?

Macros are processed and are oxidized to produce energy for the body. A calorie is a unit of measurement that quantifies the amount of energy produced from the oxidation of these molecules. Does this sound right? I just read about this on wikipedia :^)

Its a bit more complex then what can be written here, better if you read into it.

>(easy read) Randle Cycle Explained: Why You Shouldn’t Combine Fats and Carbs Together
siimland.com/randle-cycle-explained-why-you-shouldnt-combine-fats-and-carbs-together/

>(extremely technical) The Randle cycle revisited: a new head for an old hat
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2739696/

Another interesting thing to note after the above specific to insulin response. If you look at the "glycemic load index" for diabetics where you can calculate the effect of carbohydrate on insulin, you'll find a very stark contrast between the effect of animal fat and meat in comparison to most plant foods.

Attached: 10487172_816633468393919_275562517508846877_n.jpg (720x951, 105K)

Messed up the link, please refer to this post for sauces.

These threads are fun cuz you get to see how little the average fitizen knows about biology

Attached: all-out-bait.jpg (625x626, 40K)

You're still dead, I guess

Oh Jesus. If your body gets rid of excess calories this way, why has obesity exploded in the US in the last generation, to the point where we're an international laughingstock?

The "underdog" phenomena is the worst thing to happen to the collective consciousness
We've been taught to revere the downtrodden and unsuccessful before the successful and beloved. Its fine to admire someone who worked his way up, but not immediately just because they're an underdog. Its one of the most deeply subverise narratives, it plays off people's worst instincts and downplays their best. Healthy socieities admire the top people as role models: unhealthy ones put degenerates, the deformed, the unnatural, and the unsuccessful on pedestals.

There's more to it than just calories, but that "more" is basically insignificant.

And ionic exchange happens through (ion)-ATPases using conversion of ATP to ADP as an energy source. The body produces ATP in the Krebs cycle, using pyruvate created during glycolysis. Fats are lypolised into glycerol and fatty acids. The fatty acids get converted through neta-oxydation into Acetyl-CoA, which is also used in the Krebs cycle. The glycerol gets converted to glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate, which is an intermediary in the Krebs cycle. Each step of glycolysis, lipolysis, and Krebs cycle costs or provides a quantum of energy measured in the addition or subtraction of a phosp
phosphate group to or from ADP/ATP. For every molecule of fat, carbohydrate, or amino acid this balance can be tallied up. The net number of ATP produced can be converted to an equivalent amount of potential energy (the energy that would be produced by transforming all that ATP to ADP) measured in calories. Using the average molecular weights of fats, carbohydrates, and proteins, the amount of calories per gram of these macronutrients can be approximated closely enough to be useful in day-to-day life. If you subtract your caloric expenditure, which can be calculated by measuring oxygen consumption, from your caloric consumption, you can calculate net caloric consumption. If net caloric consumption is positive, your adipose cells turn carbohydrates into stored fat.

If you're diabetic, you piss out glucose, hence losing calories. If you have hypothyroidism, your BMR is lower than normal and you need to eat more micronutrient and protein dense food and less calories. Fat cells have a lower BMR than muscle cells. Low calorie diets lower BMR while high calorie diets increase BMR. In the end it all boils down to CICO with extra steps.

>I bet you smile with a wide open mouth

That's what (((slave morality))) is. Blame Christianity, which is a Jewish psyop deviced to subvert the Roman empire and which continues to undermine Western civilisation to this day.

Who are you quoting?

So basically what you're saying is human beings break the laws of thermodynamics or conservation of energy?

Attached: jellyfish_brainlet_wojak.png (800x800, 84K)

This but also calories in calories out even if marginally true totally negates the fact that some long term diets which still incorporate cal intake can range from easy to impossible to maintain

S O I B O Y reference

I dunno man. I've gone from 215 to 169 over the past 4 months just doing cico, exclusively drinking water, and eating slightly healthier. I've cut an average of ~33% of my tdee every. Haven't done any exercise either.

fast for a week, then come back and eat a bag of fucking dicks you fat fuck

First and foremost, u r a massive fag for posting that image. Second, nice bait. And finally, well done brainlet, not being 100% efficient in energy conversion is covered in by the IN part of CICO

CICO is 80% of the story
Macros and micros (including amino acid profiles) are 80% of the remainder (16% overall)
The remaining 4% is bullshit like meal timing

Of course this is just for weight gain/loss/maintainance. For general health CICO and macros/micros are about even in importance.

CICO might not be 100% accurate, but you sound like obese women who blame "hormones"

Nice picture, you retarded faggot. Fuck off back to Tumblr, from whence you came.

I have a glass
In the glass I put 1 sugarcube
The glass now has 1 sugarcube
I take out of the glass 1 sugarcube
The glass is now empty

-
=

Fat is 100% genetic. Obesity has only "exploded" because people have money for food now, but everyone is born with x amount of fat cells that determines if they balloon up or not.
My friend doesn't excercise, he's twig thin like fucking shaggy from scooby doo, man eats fast food and pizzas all day every day
Doesn't gain weight, doesn't get fat
Meanwhile if I eat 2 rolls of bread in a single day I'll gain half a pound.
People's bodies metabolize food differently.
In large part fat people being fat isn't their fault at all and it's not a bad thing, people have always had bellies, hell being fat used to be respected as a sign of wealth but society has become so toxic and unaccepting that a perfectly normal bodyweight is considered "bad"

Based

You're retarded if you think 3000 calories of chocolate cake will do the same thing to your body as 3000 calories of chicken breast

>you're retarded if you think eating almost 2 kilos of chicken breast is not as bad as eating half a kilo of chocolate

You sure buddy?