Why is the flesh color of wild salmon so different from farmed salmon?

Why is the flesh color of wild salmon so different from farmed salmon?

Is wild salmon really worth the extra $?

Attached: 23F3E32C-15D4-4653-9478-6A705CEE57C9.jpg (4032x3024, 2.35M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RYYf8cLUV5E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

And they say all races are the same when two fucking fish of the same fucking species looks completely different on the inside

Attached: jim-face.jpg (435x435, 97K)

They could be different sub-species of salmon. (Alaskan sockeye salmon vs Atlantic salmon)
Or one was stored in a freezer for longer during transport.

Farmed salmon is actually grey, they feed it pink dye. Which is why the farm salmon looks so insipid.

farm fish is all dyed
it's a really low quality food.

Wild salmon have more optically active l-amino acids while farm salmon have been injected with r-amino acids deactivating their optical activity

damn +6 standard deviations on the iq chart bro

Attached: 1552411266185.jpg (1079x1077, 539K)

>thinking about race after reading a thread about fish
People like you will never have friends

I sincerely feel sorry for you dude

something in the water in the wild gives them color and they dont get it in captivity

Wild salmon have access to shrimp, shellfish, etc which are what they get that color from.

>same species
>Sockeye Salmon
> Atlantic Salmon
Fucking Jow Forums retard. Anyway OP the answer is the wild salmon’s diet

Idk but i would the atlantic one, looks fucking tasty

Eat Cod the superior fish

Attached: cod.jpg (2700x1251, 435K)

Worked in the fishing + meat/seafood industry. This.

what an embarrassing failure of life
as people have said it's dyed, but the nutrients are the same so dont worry about that part

Nice self ass fuck faggit.

it's fish you little weirdo. it's a thread about fish.

atlantic salmon is higher in fat in lower in protein, not by a ton tho

is farmed salmon like where they put a bunch of pools of water in a building and give them barely enough room to swim?

also if you're worried about $ you shouldn't be looking for sockeye. see if you can find coho (sometimes called silver salmon) it should be a few bucks cheaper with good nutrition value still

the wild caught says previously frozen so both are shit tier garbage food like the rest of the junk at trader joes. i think all store bought fish in the US has to be frozen at some point though so it's all shit unless you catch it yourself apparently. the longest living humans in the world with no exception eat fresh (never frozen) raw fish

they're typically open ocean pens, but yes otherwise

>Thread about salmon
>Better shit my retarded ideology into it
kys

flash freezing when caught doesn't impact it at all, and it kills any sort of nasty parasites
fish caught fresh from a local source is always gonna be tastier but being flash frozen when caught doesn't mean its shit

they literally live in different oceans

I LOVE FISH.

Yepp, I'mma say this is BASED

>eating fish in 2019

I hope you like xenoestrogens.

Nutrition heavily affects flesh colour

BEWARE OF THE BIG FISH
youtube.com/watch?v=RYYf8cLUV5E

Well said.

One is farm-raised, one is wild caught.

One is also straight up poison.

Humans are actually one of the least genetically diverse species. That's counting 4'11 Pygmies

Lmao post evidence

>Not steelhead, halibut, or flounder.

No.

oh boy

The diet of farmed salmon is different from wild salmon. The fatty acid composition is also different. Eating farmed salmon is just wasted money.

After eating wild caught salmon when I lived in Alaska I can’t go back to farm raised because it tasted better. That being said they probably have the same protein. I think wild tastes better and it’s worth splurging on

enjoy your pesticides farm fish cucks

You made me realize I don't have to live your life so it made me feel better. Thank you user.

It isn’t just that it’s dyed, it’s been bred in captivity for many generations to grow big fast on formulated pellets while loaded with blood-sucking fish lice and other parasites. Not as healthy as wild fish but still pretty tasty. Fish farms need to fix their shit and raise a better product though.

embarrassing

same for sardines. i eat the wild caught ones that actually look and taste good, not like boneless skinless chicken

industrial agriculture at this scale is so disheartening

They feed farmed salmon astaxanthin concentrate. It's a vitamin A substitute with an absurdely high LD50 unlike actual vit A.
It's a healthy substitute it just changes the colour of the meat. In humans excess astaxanthin consumption changes skin colour.

This shit is super common though. Astaxanthin sells for about $6000-$10,000/kg due to how common it is in animal feed product. Hawaii, China, and Japan are the highest producers of it.

Based

actual retard

Homegrown > Organic > Industrially farmed veggies

As for meat I'm a hunter with my own land, so I already have a steady source of wild game, but for everything else I always go to my local butcher/fishmonger to get it as fresh as possible.
I'd rather pay a bit extra to avoid food that has been processed to hell and back.

this is the most based post in a while
>dont acknowledge differences!!!!
t. pic related

Attached: 1556724375744.gif (1920x1080, 1.03M)

I unironically go for farmed because it's more environmentally conscious. Same for shrimp and other fish that can be farmed.
Yes I am aware this makes me a faggot.

yikes

>pump fishfeed full of toxins
>pump fish water full of toxins
why yes, i eat farmed fish because it's environmentally conscious and healthy

Higher amount of parasites with farmed salmon, as they are all stuck together

dont worry, they pump the water the fish swim in full with pesticides every day

If they arent the same species then how are there different “races” of people? Why isnt it races of fish or other animals?
>Caucasian
>Oriental

This

Based Jow Forums schizo poster

both of which leave a smaller ecological footprint than removing the same amount of salmon from a natural habitat

Using this post because my question is not deserving of an entire thread.

Is there such thing as too many Omega 3's? I have no problem limiting my Omega 6 intake but am questioning whether or not a supplement is the way to go. The only green vegetable I like is broccoli and I don't like fish. Is an Omega 3 supplement good in my situation. Sorry for the normie tier question pls no bully

Attached: 1547872833516.jpg (867x685, 96K)

BUY LOCAL. IF YOU DON'T LIVE IN AN AREA WHERE FISH WOULD BE NATURALLY YOU SHOULDN'T BE EATING IT YOU TROG.
OUR OCEANS ARE FUCKED NOW ANYWAYS

Wild salmon has no antibiotics and pesticides in it I presume

the other homo's all died 30 000 years ago.

humans are genetically really fucking similar to eachother as we almost went extinct once (less than 10 000 at one point acording to some sources)

That's why other animals don't suffer as much from inbreeding.

as for why people look quite different race to race:
1) the changes we have between people are quite small just really noticable
>skin and hair color
>internally small differences in skull and jaw size and eurasians have really good immune systems (evolved 13-10 000 years ago in thanks to city living with domesticated animals)

2) we are social and visual creatures meaning what we look like is more important (cognition wise) to us and we are better at seeing differences between people

>Dumb-dumb low iq virgin

Do I fit in now guys?

Idk but last time I got Trader Joe’s wild salmon is was loaded with worms

Both look yummy

You know the kid from stranger things actually has a genetic condition that makes him look like that, right?

Oh wow does that mean we aren’t allowed to comment on the fact that he looks like a fucking mongoloid goblin?

Based and redpilled

No, it’s just retarded to use him as an example of racial differences when what makes him different isn’t related to race

Why does this post have so many (you)s? This is the most middle school brainlet tier post I’ve seen in a while. Fucking summer, Jesus shitsticks

I concur

See this is the kind of good post I don’t expect to see in a thread that starts like this.

You're one of those fucking people who when there's a new story about NASA launching a rocket to explore asteroids suddenly starts commenting "Hurrrr send all the foreigners there" like a massive fucking spastic.

spoken right out of your arse

>genetics
>not related to race

Ahahahha fucking brainlet.

Shoo shoo with your sensible argument and above 2 digit IQ. Shooo I tell thee!

Yeah ikr non whites are the wild caught salmon and whites are the farm raised ones

what a sad pathetic life you must be living. lay off the fucking internet once in a while user

>farm raised has more fat content therefore has lighter colour
>wild is leaner and has denser muscle and darker colour
>MUH RACE

Here brainlet, the two bottom ones are veal vs beef, same species different age

Attached: Capture.jpg (498x640, 59K)

This is why you will remain a subhuman Jow Forums idiot. Get rekt by life, you dumb faggot.

Farmed salmon is among the most toxic foods to eat. Look it up on youtube.

The only brainlet here is (you). People of all races, cultures and nationalities get shit like cerebral palsy and Down syndrome. Genetics determine a lot more than just your skin color.

Jow Forums is a mental illness

>literally pivots on superficial bullshit like skin/hair color
>big genetics!

Yeah you're fucking retarded. Let's ignore everything else about the species and focus on skin.

so what's the truth about human biology dr crick?

Attached: 564654.jpg (711x970, 77K)

wat

>yet subspecies are sometimes classified by different pigments even whilst all their other anatomy is practically the same

Dogs are all considered one species with wild variations in pigments, body proportions and overall size.

Based

Attached: 1560723838790.jpg (403x125, 9K)

>Dogs
your argument defeated; back to your cuck shed poltard
based and rekt /sci/ bro. fucking Jow Forumstards ruining every fucking board

fpbp

mentally fragile minorities like you idiots make me ashamed to be a minority. just knowing that most off color retards will spaz out at a joke is the reason i never associate with you idiots irl

Wild salmon have a varied and complete diet compared to farmed ones that are just given a slop style mix

When we almost went extinct was 70k years ago, at that point the ancestors of non-blacks had already left africa. You're all redditors that agree to stuff and circle jerk it with your "omg based" replies simply because it satisfies your feels with no regard to its actual accuracy.

Attached: typical_plebeian.png (715x401, 386K)

Enjoy your parasites

>I-i-it was a joke i swear haha !
fuck off

still mad. he really got to you huh? do you feel THAT inferior?

Can confirm.

Attached: 1557981544979.jpg (1079x760, 581K)