How the fuck can you 'attempt' suicide and fail? like just shoot yourself, just grab a knife and stab yourself

how the fuck can you 'attempt' suicide and fail? like just shoot yourself, just grab a knife and stab yourself

Attached: 1540817106948.png (540x950, 814K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=GQhEvfeJocM
youtube.com/watch?v=fLDpoVvECsc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Self preservation is a pretty powerful instinct and when combined with any subconscious doubt can cause you to unconsciously sabotage your own attempt.

do people attempt suicide to tell others they have attempted suicide

It's easy to fuck up shooting yourself and blow off your mouth or face and still live

>people with guns don't shoot enough of their brain off and end up a potato
>falling of a bridge or build isn't always fatal
>People either intentionally or unintentionally don't take enough pills to fully OD
>as for stabbing, drowning, or anything that gives to a choice to survive, like
said, self preservation with usual override.

Suicide in general is a weird thing, people often only want to kill themselves for a limited time, and once it passes, change their mind. That's why suicide help lines work, it's not about talking them out of it, it's about calmly talking to them long so enough time passes.

Attached: 588686-arton10075.jpg (960x704, 75K)

your lizard brain stops you from doing it.

most people who fail attempts won't talk about it, unless it causes them to end up in a psych ward

Because some are desperate for hope and meaning sadly while other pill popping fags want to be noticed

I used to work with a bitch who "attempted" suicide by eating a bottle of sleeping pills. She took any opportunity to bring it up.
>omg u are soo strong, I'm so glad you got through that

They never "attempt" suicide with a method that actually works, it really is all for attention.

>Just shoot yourself
Need a shotgun. Illegal without licence in this country. GSW is easy to survive especially if someone hears the shot and calls the cops.
>Stab yourself
Possible. If you're game enough definitely.
>How do you fail
Easy. Try overdose or cut your wrists and see.

i think if i shot myslef and failed my life wouldn't be any better afterwards so i'd still want to kill myself and this time even less of my brain is left to blow open.

i had a buddy who killed himself by jumping off of his 3rd story apartment balcony. was and am still a little bummed out by it but i am impressed that he was so successful for a relatively short fall. landed headfirst and got mangled so bad they ID'd him as someone else at first. takes some serious willpower to fall like that.

I attempted hanging and failed. Pulled the noose tight enough to knock me out while standing then knelt down and leaned into the rope. Was unconscious in about 20 seconds got pretty far (lost bladder and bowel control) but woke up just before everything went from blue to black.
That survival instinct is pretty strong.

>be so pathetic at life that there is not a single thing you can do right and you figure it's time to check out of life
>try and kill yourself
>you can't even do that right
>fuck up and become a vegetable hanging on by the last thread of God's cruel compassion
>literally too retarded and unable to kill yourself
It's actually kind of funny to think about

I've gotten as far as putting a loaded barrel in my mouth. I couldn't bring myself to do it, and just cried like a bitch for a bit after. I would consider it a "failed suicide" attempt because it fucked me up for a while after. It was probably the most cathartic moment of my life.

lol, if you dont want to be found before you die just drive out to the middle of the fucking woods. people will think the gunshot is a hunter and it is entirely possible they never find your body.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=GQhEvfeJocM

Shotgun definitely wouldn't matter who heard that. Unless you do something dumb like lift your head up with the barrel under your chin.

I have no sympathy for people who post about suicide or attempt and fail, because it is such a simple thing to do and I am never convinced its not just for attention. The posts here always start off with something like "dont even try convincing me to not do it, im too far gone". Ok then why are you posting about it? And when my dad tried to kill himself he tried assuring me he wasn't just doing it for attention. He took a bunch of pills but then immediately called his therapist and told him what he had done. Fucking cowardly and shameful to try to use your own death like that to manipulate people. Just fucking do it if you want to, shut the fuck up if you don't. David Foster Wallace, Ernest Hemingway, and Hunter S Thompson all did it right, just fucking commit or shut up.

you probably wont have the capacity to work an gun anymore

The hardest thing for me was not being able to say goodbye to people.
I agree what your dad did is cowardly. When I tried I told no-one. My facial hair covered most of the bruising on my neck I'm pretty sure only 1 person noticed it and they didn't say anything.

Artie Lange stabbed himself multiple times and drank bleach in his attempt and it wasn't enough to kill him.

I tried it while hiking. Failed obviously. I don't know, didn't really think it through. Thought it would work.

And even if you live now someone else has to wipe your ass forever

what way did you try

getting lost or something

Cliff face. Stood up there and felt the urge to jump so I did. I can't really remember too much about the fall but I broke 3 ribs, my leg, my wrist and my collar bone. Lost quite a lot of blood too.

damn man thats brutal

Source or get BTFO

People that want to die commit suicide. People that want attention attempt suicide.

youtube.com/watch?v=fLDpoVvECsc
Straight from his mouth