Brown or white rice for gains?

Brown or white rice for gains?
Why and how much?

Attached: brown-rice-vs-white-rice.jpg (716x400, 85K)

it doesnt matter

You have already made this shitty thread with the same shitty picture, you enjoy watching people discuss this meaningless topic don't you?

There's not much of a nutritional difference. White rice is easier to cook, brown rice has slightly more fiber.

Its primary function in a fitness program is bulking or carb-loading before lifting. You shouldn't eat it regularly if you're cutting because its so calorie dense and provides little protein or fiber.

It doesn't matter unless you're able to 1.5/3/5/6

>1.5 and 6 are proportionate
what the fuck are you? almost anyone can reach a 1.5pl8 ohp, hardly anyone will ever pull 6 plates

Quinoa. It contains more proteins and it contains plant steroids ecdysterone

eat fucking bulgur wheat pilaf
stay away from white/dark rice
bulgur has many applications
bold bulgur --> pilaf
thin bulgur --> bulgurmeatballs, kisir (turkish/greek)
combine them with brocs (grilled preferably)
it is clean, and has lots of fiber

>he can't lmao 6pl8 deadlift
>never gonna make it

if you're not using 4chanx then you deserve to see the same shitposts over and over

Attached: 1558998472301.jpg (325x325, 10K)

White rice is white, and therefore better

White rice may actually be more nutritious than brown. White rice is fortified with vitamins and minerals, but does not have the fiber content of brown rice. Fiber binds to nutrients and basically carries them out through your poop, so the nutritional value of brown rice (except for having more fiber) is diminished, while everything in white rice gets metabolized by the body as it should.

They're basically the same though, except fiber content.

I'm gonna try making bulgur pilaf tonight user, thanks for the recommendation

Bulgur wheat

>his didnt start diddly at lmao 8pl8

your brain on Dunning Kruger

My brown rice has 9 g protein per 100 g, compared to the 3 g protein per 100 g white rice that's 3 times as much.

/thread

The white rice is the master rice

White rice if post workout. Rest of the time brown rice

neither, potatoe is best

Brown rice. It's already the color of heat producing fat and feces therefore its healthy gains and weight loss

Is one nutrition label for cooked and the other dry? Post pic, usually I think they're both closer to 7g but could differ by brand.

Potato rice?

By all means eat brown rice if you enjoy phytates, arsenic, indigestible fiber and inflammatory n-6 fats.

Brown rice is actually more processed than white because the n-6 fats in the bran would normally make it quickly go rancid if it wasn't specially "treated" to make it shelf stable.

There are some B vitamins present in the bran of brown rice you will be missing out on with unfortified white rice but unless you are a poverty stricken child eating nothing but white rice you're not going to miss them.

Exercise is better for gains than nutrition

>he fell for the paleo meme

no, just potatoe. It has other nutrients, unlike rice

But white rice is enriched with all the nutrients.

I've found that meat is calorie dense. 1 Steak is
(generally) like 679 calories. 1 cup of white rice is 206 calories. One can of beans is like 375 calories. The same is true of potatoes. If anything foods that are high in carbs are really low in calories compared to other foods. I literally don't understand this meme. The difference is that foods that are carbs like rice and potatoes tend to be more filling. So I have no idea why people who are trying to lose weight don't eat more carbs.

Your equivalence is bananas.

"1" steak isn't a measurement. If you go to a restaurant, they'll offer a 6oz steak, 8oz steak, 16oz steaks or whatever, not to mention plenty of different cuts of meat with varying degrees of fat.

4oz of raw 85% lean ground beef (or 112 grams) is 243 calories, 21g protein, 17g fat, and 0 carbs.

4oz of raw tenderloin steak (112 grams) is 179 calories, 25g
protein, and 8g fat.

Meat really depends on the fat content as far as calories go.

1 can of beans is usually like 3.5 servings, where each serving is a 1/2 cup and anywhere from 130-220 calories, depending on if it's in a sauce/liquid that adds calories.

1/4 cup uncooked rice is 180-200 calories and makes about 3/4 cups which is about 116 grams, 2-7g of protein, minimal fat, and 35-40g carbs.

When you measure everything right, they're fairly equal in terms of calories. Foods that are high in carbs are usually low in fats, which accounts for why they can be lower calorie compared to meat, but the combination of protein and fat is more satiating. Vegetables in general are low calorie, nutrient dense, and contains fiber that take up room in your stomach and are filling in that way.

The nutritional density of a steak is much higher than rice. The nutritional density of deans and potatoes are much higher than rice. My post wasn't an attack on carbohydrates, it was an attack on rice.