/PLG/ - Powerlifting General

Approved Intermediate Programs for PLG

>Bro Tier (trying hard, having sex, loving life required)
5th Set (great for late intermediates)
5/3/1 (read the book bitch)
Westside for Skinny Bastards
Madcow Intermediate (great for early intermediates)
Destroy the Opposition (J. Lewis)
Cube Kingpin
The Cube (+ Predator)
Conjugate (max effort + dynamic + repetition)
Spotoshot (bench only)
Texas Method 4-day Split Model from PPST.
Juggernaut Method 2.0 (a more periodized 5/3/1)

>Nerd Tier (must have high IQ)
RTS Generalized Intermediate
RTS Emerging Strategies
Nuckols Average to Savage
Nuckols 28 Free
GZCL
TSA 9 Week
HLM (Heavy Light Medium)
Blevins Skynet AI
Juggernaut AI

>Meme Tier (might work if you love memes)
*NEW* Hepburn x Sheiko Blend (pending testing)
Candito 6 Week
Texas Method 3-Day
Texas Method Trappy Version
Sheiko (great if you're in meet prep)
The Bridge
Smolov Jr.
Bulgarian/Bugenhagen Method
Slavic Swole
nSuns 5/3/1 (written by a 1200 lb totaling Redditor)
Hepburn "Power and Pump"
Programming 2 Win (by Jack Black)

>Voluntary Ever-Late-Beginner
Barbell Medicine

>Retard Cuck-Tier
PH3 (need a tourniquet to choke yourself, and it has a 100% injury rate)

*all of these programs work (except PH3), but the effort and attitude of the athlete is most important

Attached: CCauNf_UsAA6djC.jpg (1200x1200, 291K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H9gLOucYTzc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

5/3/1 should be in meme-tier. Just sayin'.

531 puts more lbs on early intermediate totals than any other program there is, regardless of how shitty it might be.

Threadly reminder for you unlifting user CHODEs to post body/lifts and get a trip. But only if you have at least one of
>A squat greater than 2.5x bodyweight AND 500 lbs
>A deadlift greater than 2.5x bodyweight AND 500 lbs
>A bench press greater than 1.5x bodyweight AND 300 lbs
>A Standing The Press(ᵗᵐ) greater than 1x bodyweight AND 200 lbs
>A body fit won't think looks like shit (good fucking luck)

Otherwise, stop LARPing, stop giving "advice" like you have half a clue what you're talking about, stop posting altogether, bring your ass to the gym, and try harder

Attached: hits joint.jpg (720x888, 165K)

LIST OF PLG APPROVED ACRONYMS/INITIALISMS (post in every thread)

>GDE (Genetic Dead End)
Exercise low-responder. High injury rate, no sports background, weak willed.

>GAYS (Gay Aylien Skull)
Weak bone structure, mouth breather. Wastes time trying to be strong. Jewey faced and mad, but harmless.

>CUCC (Cuckold Uninjured Crying Canadian)
Identify as injured, without medical diagnosis. Trans-herniated. Purposely do self-destructive programs like PH3, Smolov, etc. They wanted an excuse to quit.

>VOLEM (Voluntary Evermediate)
Late beginner, early intermediate. Panics when the bar gets heavy. Program hops, works on technique, or sabotages recovery as an excuse to not progress.

>BONER (Bench Only No Effort Retard)
Wants to have the admiration and ego of someone who lifts, but doesn't want to get the squat or deadlift of someone who actually lifts. Copes with a combination of bench press and autism.

>CHODE (Communist Homo Of Dick Eating)
Angry, godless little postmodernists who secretly loathe strong, masculine men who won't fuck their boybutt. Some transition into ugly rat faced pedos, others defend said CHODES. Also known as PHAGs (Projecting Homo Ass Goblins)

>TCHAD (Tries Consistently Hard All Day)
The Isleys, MAs, and other guys with average genes who actually like competing and getting stronger.

>UFO (Under Fed Organism)
Adult human male weighing less than 200 lbs. Throw food at them until the problem is remedied.

>user (Anonymous Nard Obtusely Nattering)
A noodlebuilt little wuss of a human. Hobbies include LARPing as someone who actually lifts and not posting body/lifts. Can be safely disregarded in all matters.

>SUMO (SUbhuman MOron)
Too stupid and/or genetically deficient to just bend over and pick something up. Copes through a combination of clowning half reps and eating butt.

Doctor said no obvioushernia but part of my oblique might be torn and to get an ultrasound after my competition next week. Fuckin hip thrusts

You are Underfed Manlet Organism. I didn't even understand this kind of entities could exist.

Too many methods, not enough lifting.

> Hip Thrusts
Literally only staring at them makes my spine hurt, fuck that shit.

>Underfed
I'm sitting around 95 at the moment, not sure what you're basing your memes on
I really should have just picked something else to do, no idea why Chad would put them in a peaking program

>Unironically doing hip thrusts after already experiencing extreme discomfort
Shiggyyyy. Hope you recover soon dude

If you want to strenghten hip look at this:
youtube.com/watch?v=H9gLOucYTzc

“If you can switch songs on your playlist you aren’t working out hard enough” - Retard

I'm pretty sure it was just a minor strain from the first time I did thrusts plus near max squats and heavy backoffs sets in the weeks after

Because Chad is a genetic freak and therefore never had to learn how to actually GITGUD because he was just born GUD. And therefore has utterly no clue how a normie GITSGUD

But thanks my dude. I'm now trying to decide between A. being retarded and just hammering ice and Advil and maxing out B. Just hitting the low qualifying total so I can compete in regionals next year or C. Dropping out (but I already paid a bunch to register and travel and shit)

Probably A until something snaps mid squats then B with a 75kg dedlift if we're being honest

take the loss (C) now for the future

Butt plug for stability

If you can hit the regional QT without snapping your shit up, do that.

Spoken like a true VOLEM. FIGGY The Patrician Thinker suggests B. Or at least going into the meet with B as the plan, and if 2nd attempts qualify you and feel fine, take a big shot on your 3rds.

Squiiis — PLOOOIP SQUUISSH PLOP SQUISH PLOP PLOP PLOP SQUUUISH PLOP SQUUISH PLOP
HOLY COW

That Norman khan Log was a very thick log

Plop

Weew had to break that up into a few pieces for it to come out in its entirety

Phewww laddy mhm splurt splurt plooop

frenchbros ww@

Attached: 1rt2wr.jpg (287x1600, 142K)

How the absolute God damn fuck do you perform a low bar squat !!!!

Just struggled to do a triple with about 70% of my best high bar I feel like I'm gonna fall on my face and break my back

I think the QT is like 550 or something, I'll know by warmups if my shit is gonna snap or not and will probably open like 560 and decide from there. I have 6+ months before anything else competitive so I'm not too worried, just blogging

>Joe Sullivan just called Alex a twig person when he said he was an 83

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg (688x800, 124K)

>83

I thought the UFO had been gaining weight

Attached: Holy Shit.jpg (350x450, 44K)

Do B. Injury means you cant compete at all. Might as well do what you need yo and focus on the next meet. Or we will see you in a month fat and whining and moaning about injuries

>83
Hey that's my weight class.

My deadlift has outpaced my grip
What are some grip exercises I can do to catch up

Deadlift

More submax deadlifting without straps.

Do you shake like a chihuahua at room temperature when benching

>Watch Ray Williams video bombing out his squat
>Argument in comments about IPF worlds competitors being on roids or not
Are they or are they not, /plgl? I imagine most of the high level ones are at least, though to say all of them is an exaggeration.

My 3x3 with 130kg (295) on bench the other day was pretty stable so can't say I do.

>Are they or are they not, /plgl? I imagine most of the high level ones are at least
Yes, Gaylord. Move on with your life.

No one knows for sure and anyone who claims different is full of shit.

You can be optimistic and normal and assume they're innocent until proven guilty or you can be a pessimistic saddo who assumes everyone better than you is on drugs

Doesnt matter, point is the’re more natty than someone like dan green, who doesnt need to taper his doses down. Actually does the opposite for a comp

Or you can be fucking realistic and understand that the best lifters in the world have the best genetics, and the willingness to do what it takes told their fucking bodies together

Then you're fine. You might want to still eat more though you twig.

What?

>understand that the best lifters in the world have the best genetics
>ray williams
>black
>best genetics
Not adding up

I can't, I'm 5'7.

You can always eat more.

How the fuck did you get hurt doing hip thrusts?
I can barely squat 405 and l can hip thrust 600lbs safely

Das rite whitey

Does belt help stengthen your core in squat or deadlift or the opposite?

What squat variation will help me have a faster ascension out of the hole?

Eddie Hall, the world's strongest deadlifter, does not believe in training with belt.

knee sleeve recs?

>he fell for the AI meme

Yet he uses one for his pull and is a hack

Pin squats set at the bottom of the hole

That's great, but just about everybody else does.

but they're not 500kg deadlifters are they now.

eddie hall also doesnt believe in doing backdown sets lmao

neither is eddie lmao

Thor would have pulled 501 at the Arnold had he not just pulled 474 just before that to break his own record

> would have
lol

>my dad could beat up your dad so better take this as a fact
you need to have sex

What's a good rate of weight gain? I target +2 lbs /month, but in reality looking at the last year I only average +1.5 lbs /month

Wrong thread bud

post body

Youre in the wrong thread my man

have sex

hook grip and chalk that bitch

bench press is the best gauge of RAW PHYSICAL STRENGTH. you only downplay this because you're a pudgy, weak little shit of a manlet with an equally embarrassing bench press.

nobody gives a shit that you can bounce your morbidly obese gut off of your legs for your little bullshit wide stance "squat". nobody cares about your 5 inch ROM sumo "deadlift".

bench. press. is. king.

Attached: 1525986507639.png (270x344, 52K)

>hook grip

Attached: 1504322201196.png (479x455, 302K)

How much do you bench press in Kay gees, you accidentally conceived shitstain?

Hit 150kg Squats today on SS/LP.

Plot twist: I’m a fat fuck and have been lifting since October.

Cool

t. little faggot midget with a shit bench. post body/lifts, little man.

Attached: 1546910346716.png (280x261, 77K)

what a stupid quote

Does anyone know who the fuck is running this "Strength Insider" meme page on instagram?

>one anecdote bucks the general trend
I bet you think that one contrary study absolutely destroys years of scientific and empirical data too.

alternate feels awkward on the back

>one contrary study absolutely destroys years of scientific and empirical data too
did you just describe scientific progression

When it actually changes the understanding of things yes, when it's one anecdote among many, especially in biology, it doesn't mean shit.

How do I upgrade from GDE to TCHAD?
I never did a monthly undulating program, only did weekly because /plg/ memed me into TM. If I can't progress to 2.5xBW squat and deadlift and 1.5xBW bench on TM, will nuckols 28 free help? Or should I give up and take up stamp collecting?
(Never gonna give up lifting even if I stay forever intermediate and /plg/ thinks I'm GDE but still curious to see what you think)

to be frank I was shitposting because I knew you or Retard #1 would grab the bait

First things first, realize those terms mean fuck all and these guys are trips on Jow Forums. Not coaches

this is who you're responding to btw. he's a confirmed incel manlet whose parents are siblings. nobody likes him or takes him seriously.

Attached: yikes.jpg (365x333, 19K)

I used them to disguise my frustration at stalling as an attempt to "fit in" with the cool kids.

I am madly in love and its just awful

CHODELY reminder for all NON lifting TRIPFAG threads to fuck right off, dribble down to page 15 and stay there while us REAL anons engage in typical form anonymous banter without needing trips.

>nobody cares about your squat
>you should go to reddit
>you can shove a 200lb barbell straight up your gaping asshole before you ever post here again.
>now post body so we can laugh

Attached: clark-rogers-fellatio.png (640x360, 323K)

I see, thanks. I'm sorry for him. It must suck that your aunt is fucking your dad who is your uncle who is fucking your mom.

I'm laying on the floor sucking wind after my first set of face pulls because I WORK HARD

>

Attached: 1545793771242.jpg (500x335, 57K)

Fuck i pulled a groin muscle squatting
I had a shoulder width stance

Guess I'll go wider from now on, and do hip stretches. At least this is a nice excuse to bench/press everyday

Attached: 1450024973230.jpg (330x319, 49K)

>How do I upgrade from GDE to TCHAD?
Those that ask, will never know.

bump for knee sleeves to squat in

>Guess I'll go wider from now on

Snapped my right side lower back slightly today

Workrelated back stress + cutting weight + sloppy deadlift technique

Feels like i also added mild sciatica on right leg too, ive always had issues with left side low back and leg, not sure what caused the shift

Trans herniated bros wwu

Attached: nb.png (790x761, 67K)

Uhhh yes user. A shorter stance aggravates my hip flexors. Never doing it again after today

>face pulls because I WORK HARD
If you think you work hard, you don't.

t. VOLEM

Attached: 1479990218041.png (650x651, 294K)

>Trans herniated bros wwu

Attached: gay frog 2.png (564x689, 381K)

The girl I've been crushing for months and was about to ask out is getting married in a week kek!
Didn't even know she was in a relationship! Shes like 21

Attached: 1539965665290.png (800x600, 70K)

Good for her! Are you invited to the wedding?

Attached: 1546616686916.jpg (720x545, 22K)